Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-12-2018, 05:52 PM   #141
2 Rivet Member

2019 Interstate Grand Tour Ext
Chapel Hill , North Carolina
Skiphoyt - So sorry to hear about the cancellation. I was so excited for you and can only imagine how you feel. Hopefully, everything will be good to go very, very soon.

Did you ask Colonial Airstream about whether this unit was at Hershey?

p.s. I am in North Carolina and also experienced the remnants of Hurricane Michael yesterday. Our power was out for 24 hours. A devastating storm for Florida.
MLWilcox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2018, 06:21 PM   #142
2 Rivet Member

Dataw Island , South Carolina
Hope I am not making a mistake!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MLWilcox View Post
Skiphoyt - So sorry to hear about the cancellation. I was so excited for you and can only imagine how you feel. Hopefully, everything will be good to go very, very soon.

Did you ask Colonial Airstream about whether this unit was at Hershey?

p.s. I am in North Carolina and also experienced the remnants of Hurricane Michael yesterday. Our power was out for 24 hours. A devastating storm for Florida.
My first question I asked my sales agent when considering this 19 “was this the unit on display at the Hershey show”? His response was that it was not and was “brand spanking new”. With the aftermarket fuses, new battery, and 32 miles on odometer, I asked for a production date and written convermation that this was true. With this they said they made a mistake and it was infact the show car...HELLO! After some negotiating and assurances that all was perfect and inspected by the general manager we agreed on a reduced price. With my wife’s declining condition and time constraints we decided to move forward and plan to fly North tomorrow and take delivery. The excitement is tempered but hoping it will all work out!
skiphoyt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2018, 06:25 PM   #143
Rivet Master

2007 Interstate
Normal , Illinois
Hope it all works out for you.

That your salesman and dealership lied to you is not encouraging.

Maggie
Old 10-12-2018, 06:33 PM   #144
Rivet Master

2014 20' Flying Cloud
Sag Harbor , New York
Quote:
Originally Posted by skiphoyt View Post
My first question I asked my sales agent when considering this 19 “was this the unit on display at the Hershey show”? His response was that it was not and was “brand spanking new”.
. . .
You are referring to Patrick as the sales agent?

Ditto to Maggie if so . . .

Hope the trip north works out great. This is a sweet design indeed!

Peter
OTRA15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2018, 06:55 PM   #145
2 Rivet Member

Don’t want to commit but read between the lines. May have been an honest mistake. I did mention to the sales agent that I had a chance to view the video of the interior that was posted from the show and it was the same combination as we were getting...he replied “Oh that is right”. He did apologize for the mistake.
Old 10-12-2018, 07:19 PM   #146
2 Rivet Member

I am sorry to hear about your wife’s health and can certainly understand moving ahead on your purchase. This bump in the road will soon be forgotten when you begin enjoying your AI19. Have a safe trip.
Old 10-14-2018, 07:21 PM   #147
2 Rivet Member

Oh what a day or actually two days!

Quote:
I am sorry to hear about your wife’s health and can certainly understand moving ahead on your purchase. This bump in the road will soon be forgotten when you begin enjoying your AI19. Have a safe trip.
If you have followed my ramblings with the roller coaster ride of one day we are on track for delivery and the next day we aren’t. I will have to say that I feel Patrick made an honest mistake in assuring me our new coach was not the show car from Hershey RV. I think Airstream flipped VIN numbers on Colonial a couple of times and they ended up with the ‘show coach’.

David Starin, General Manager at Colonial in Lakewood, NJ has gone out of his way to make sure we could pick up ‘Shorty’ yesterday with 36 hours notice. Somehow he pulled the team together and delivered our beautiful AS 19 at noon on Saturday! We left Lakewood yesterday at 3 pm, never driven a motor home or van before I really did not know what to expect. Four hours yesterday to Salisbury, MD and ten hours today including a trip across the Chesapeake Bay Bridge tunnel, many hours on I95 competing with ‘wanna be’ race car drivers and major truck traffic I am ‘blown away’ with this beautiful package and felt totally in control of AS’s new offering. 950 miles with a combination of high speed driving and much stop and go...19.5 miles to the gallon...much better than my Porsche Macan GTS which has the edge in aerodynamics! This is a perfect vehicle for us and I am sure will be a major winner for Airstream Stream. Thank You David and your team at Colonial for a First Class experience. I will post pictures and first impressions soon.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	01F7029B-AA23-4D2F-A597-387D7C12CC1A.jpg
Views:	114
Size:	323.5 KB
ID:	325221  
Old 10-15-2018, 06:51 AM   #148
2 Rivet Member

Very exciting.
Old 10-15-2018, 06:53 AM   #149
Rivet Master

2007 Interstate
Normal , Illinois
It’s gorgeous, and congratulations on your new baby!

May you have many happy miles.

Maggie
Old 10-15-2018, 12:06 PM   #150
4 Rivet Member

2014 Interstate Ext. Coach
Camas , Washington
Wonderful news and here hoping you many more happy miles!
Air99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2018, 05:34 PM   #151
Rivet Master

2023 23' International
Macon , Georgia
Bathroom

Does anyone know the inside dimensions of the Nineteen bathroom as compared to the Grand Tour EXT's bathroom? I would like to know how much larger is the Nineteen's bathroom.
Roadtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2018, 08:32 PM   #152
2 Rivet Member

Lot’s to learn

I have already visit and viewed parts of my 19 that I never expected to see. Yesterday morning I was going through the manual and trying out the different systems with the new czone interface. Fired up the generator, put A/C on and all was well. Shut down the generator and A/C. After lunch went back out and it was 98 degrees in the coach. Started generator, waited but no power to electrical systems. Kevin N at Colonial was great in trouble shooting from 900 miles away. Found breakers under rear passenger ottoman..not tripped...shut down everything trying a re-boot...no go. Service gets on the phone and tells me last resort if I am willing. Go under coach, remove plate from genny, reach finger as far down in slot and feel for a breaker switch on the generator. Somehow I found it and it was tripped....fired up the generator and back to cool air. I am thinking I may have caused the problem, not sure I took all load off before shutting down the generator. Only problem I have now is that I can’t get the fan speed on A/C to lower and czone tech is researching. As I mentioned before this is my first venture into the world of motor homes but it is bring back many of my memories from years of boating. Many technical challenges but loving it.
Old 10-18-2018, 06:44 AM   #153
Rivet Master

2007 Interstate
Normal , Illinois
There’s always a learning curve...I make notes in the owners manual, to help me the next time.

Maggie
Old 10-18-2018, 03:35 PM   #154

Seattle , Washington
Sleeping?

Quote:
Originally Posted by drpeggau View Post
Just Returned from 3 nights in the 19’. My wife said, “After taking this trip, it just confirms to me that we made the right choice with this purchase!” We loved it. Turns out the tiny micro-microwave works perfectly fine and is big enough. Dropped it back off at the dealer because the awning never worked. We knew this before we left. A few additional adjustments and tweaking and I will post a real video.
droeggau: Can you tell me how the sleeping went for your first 3 nights out? I just looked inside one at my dealer in Seattle. The place where your feet go when sleeping is fairly low. Did you and your wife still find it comfortable? Also, since you had some modifications done, do you think the AI19 could be outfitted with more comfortable seats in the cab area (Flexsteel)?
dwillend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2018, 05:39 PM   #155
2 Rivet Member

Naperville , Illinois
Update

The first three nights were fabulous and then I took another trip by myself just to learn more about some of the systems. The fabric and the seats are very comfortable and the bed was amazingly comfortable in our opinion. I had plenty of room (6’4.5”) and the legroom in the front is more than any vehicle I have ever owned. What I am surprised is that there is no spare tire! The window sticker says that there is a spare tire but there is nothing to be found! Does anyone else know about this? I am going to bring my vehicle in because one of the blinds is not working correctly. I will address this and show them the sticker. Also, I could not get the television to work and I could not get the a.m. side of the radio to work so I wonder if something is disconnected. I was able to try out the heating system just running on propane and it worked fabulously. There seems to only be one outlet for the heat however. When plugged into shore power, everything works but that is not my motivation for this vehicle. I want to be off of shore power. The solar charging works well but I put in a Zamp system and it is much more efficient. I promise that I will get the video done soon but did not have time today. It seems to me that they rushed to get this out because some of the printed literature says there is a Blu-ray and some of it says there is not. There is a lot of conflicting information in the paperwork and even on the window sticker. Stay tuned!
drpeggau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2018, 08:36 PM   #156
Rivet Master

2012 Avenue Coach
Corpus Christi , Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by drpeggau View Post
The first three nights were fabulous and then I took another trip by myself just to learn more about some of the systems. The fabric and the seats are very comfortable and the bed was amazingly comfortable in our opinion. I had plenty of room (6’4.5”) and the legroom in the front is more than any vehicle I have ever owned. What I am surprised is that there is no spare tire! The window sticker says that there is a spare tire but there is nothing to be found! Does anyone else know about this? I am going to bring my vehicle in because one of the blinds is not working correctly. I will address this and show them the sticker. Also, I could not get the television to work and I could not get the a.m. side of the radio to work so I wonder if something is disconnected. I was able to try out the heating system just running on propane and it worked fabulously. There seems to only be one outlet for the heat however. When plugged into shore power, everything works but that is not my motivation for this vehicle. I want to be off of shore power. The solar charging works well but I put in a Zamp system and it is much more efficient. I promise that I will get the video done soon but did not have time today. It seems to me that they rushed to get this out because some of the printed literature says there is a Blu-ray and some of it says there is not. There is a lot of conflicting information in the paperwork and even on the window sticker. Stay tuned!

Nice to hear the bed was comfortable and that leg-room from the driver's seat is good. Not unusual to hear about discrepancies in the owner's manual, but still disappointing.

Pleasure Way (I believe) did away with the spare tire on their short Sprinter vans, but they include an emergency inflation kit instead. Your's should have one or the other. If you've looked underneath and don't see a spare, I'd call your dealer or Jackson Center to find out.

Don't forget, if you find a spare, you also should find a jack and lug wrench.
rowiebowie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2018, 05:25 AM   #157
2 Rivet Member

Love the updates from drpeggau and skiphoyt. I am relieved to hear that the bed was comfortable. Now if I could just figure out how to run my Nespresso machine off grid without spending too much $$$ to upgrade the inverter. Talk about 1st world problems.
Old 10-19-2018, 06:27 AM   #158
2 Rivet Member

Naperville , Illinois
Quote:
Love the updates from drpeggau and skiphoyt. I am relieved to hear that the bed was comfortable. Now if I could just figure out how to run my Nespresso machine off grid without spending too much $$$ to upgrade the inverter. Talk about 1st world problems.
I did bring my Nespresso along and it worked like a champ! Just takes a minute or two and then I unplug it again. My wife also had Mattcha made with the tea water boiler. In terms of the spare tire, there is no space for it whatsoever and I do not want to hang things off of the back. I do not want to make the van any longer than it is.
drpeggau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2018, 07:40 PM   #159
3 Rivet Member

2017 Interstate Lounge Ext
Plano , Texas
On the TV thing... Did you turn the inverter on? The TV and several outlets only run when the inverter is turned on (even with engine running) or will work if Generator is running. If that doesn't fix it make sure the GFI outlet isn't tripped. Should have little red light if it is tripped.
Tobbun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2018, 06:32 PM   #160
Rivet Master

2024 Interstate 19
Fulton , Maryland
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tobbun View Post
On the TV thing... Did you turn the inverter on? The TV and several outlets only run when the inverter is turned on (even with engine running) or will work if Generator is running. If that doesn't fix it make sure the GFI outlet isn't tripped. Should have little red light if it is tripped.
The other thing about using the TV is to make sure the TV booster is turned on. Then you have to run a channel scan in the TV setup to pick up any available stations.
Previous: 2013 Airstream Interstate 3500 Ext Lounge
Boxster1971 is offline   Reply With Quote