Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-20-2018, 06:50 PM   #161
2 Rivet Member

Dataw Island , South Carolina
Replaced oversized TV

Have no idea why Airstream put such a large tv in this small coach. After bumping my arm numerous times decided a change was needed. The 19” RCA that I found at Walmart for $87 is perfect. It can run on 115 or 12 volt and comes with the needed accessories. All you have to do is loosen the four bolts holding the mounting bracket and slide it all the way to the left (driver’s side). Attach new tv with shorter screws or add a couple of washers. Run the power cable just like the factory install and enjoy. I am sure there are higher end offerings but for our needs of watching the news or a ball game it is more than sufficient. See attached photos. I apologize for side way pics...this is a random thing that I don’t know how to correct.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	E4917811-0F5E-455B-B42A-8B0244BFEFBA.jpg
Views:	79
Size:	172.7 KB
ID:	325764   Click image for larger version

Name:	A8D060CC-1A85-4387-B5B5-E13CAD3A26F2.jpg
Views:	83
Size:	153.0 KB
ID:	325765  

Name:	CCF50A4A-54BB-4EE3-B140-B648E34547E1.jpg
Views:	76
Size:	288.9 KB
ID:	325766   Click image for larger version

Name:	EAE64549-CD23-4CF1-AEEA-4BB04C8BB232.jpg
Views:	73
Size:	219.1 KB
ID:	325767  

skiphoyt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2018, 09:18 PM   #162
Rivet Master

2024 Interstate 19
Fulton , Maryland
Thanks - I agree that anything bigger than 19" in a van makes no sense. Here are photos reoriented.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	TVforInterstate19a.jpg
Views:	75
Size:	189.5 KB
ID:	325812   Click image for larger version

Name:	TVforInterstate19b.jpg
Views:	87
Size:	169.0 KB
ID:	325813  

Name:	TVforInterstate19c.jpg
Views:	74
Size:	236.7 KB
ID:	325814  
Previous: 2013 Airstream Interstate 3500 Ext Lounge
Boxster1971 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2018, 08:37 AM   #163
Rivet Master

2005 39' Skydeck
Alameda , California
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boxster1971 View Post
Thanks - I agree that anything bigger than 19" in a van makes no sense.
Agree to disagree. The FIRST thing I did when I got my Serenity was remove the 23" TV that came with it and replaced it with a 32". The dyslexic in me.

Admittedly the Serenity has a great place for a 32" TV, but it still feels small. If I had a Televator and a place to have a 42" I think that would better. I have seen a few RVs where they mount a projector undercabinet, makes for a real show. With the small space and controlled sound systems, RVs can be wonderful home theaters on wheels.

-Randy
israndy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2018, 03:09 PM   #164
Rivet Master

2024 Interstate 19
Fulton , Maryland
Quote:
Originally Posted by israndy View Post
Agree to disagree. The FIRST thing I did when I got my Serenity was remove the 23" TV that came with it and replaced it with a 32". The dyslexic in me.

Admittedly the Serenity has a great place for a 32" TV, but it still feels small. If I had a Televator and a place to have a 42" I think that would better. I have seen a few RVs where they mount a projector undercabinet, makes for a real show. With the small space and controlled sound systems, RVs can be wonderful home theaters on wheels.

-Randy
When you down size to a 19 or 24 foot Sprinter B-van, not a Class A or C motorhome, then you can decide how big your TV should be.
Old 10-22-2018, 10:25 AM   #165
Rivet Master

2005 39' Skydeck
Alameda , California
The Serenity IS a 23 foot Sprinter RV. Guess I assumed everyone knew that.

-Randy
israndy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2018, 10:52 AM   #166
Rivet Master

2007 Interstate
Normal , Illinois
Why would everyone here know that?

You have a Leisure Travel product.

This is an Airstream forum, a Sprinter and BVan subforum, and a thread on 19’ Interstates.

Maggie
Old 10-22-2018, 08:13 PM   #167
Rivet Master

2024 Interstate 19
Fulton , Maryland
Quote:
The Serenity IS a 23 foot Sprinter RV. Guess I assumed everyone knew that.

-Randy
I know what a 2007 Freedom II Serenity is - it is a Class C widebody motorhome. Some folks call these B+ motorhomes, but they are roomy fiberglass bodies built behind a Sprinter cab-chassis.
https://sprinter-source.com/wiki/ind...om_II_Serenity

The 2007 model is built on a T1N, first generation, Sprinter cab-chassis and is not a van like the 19 foot Sprinter we are talking about in this tread.

I'm sure the bigger TVs work well for you, since you have a lot more space in your RV. You are welcome to agree to disagree.

Enjoy your big TV.
Old 10-23-2018, 06:19 PM   #168
Rivet Master

2018 Interstate Lounge Ext
LV , Nevada
Quote:

-Randy
ISRANDY - I am trying to see your point but for the life of me, I can not understand what you are disagreeing with. Your point of comparison is a much bigger, much wider, much roomier wide-body Class-C -vs- the unit in discussion here which is a much smaller, much shorter, much narrower Class-B. It is just an unfair comparison. You definitely have more room to spare for a 32" or even a 42". For that, it's great for you and I am happy for you. But that ain't ever gonna work in an AI 19' Shorty or even my AI 25' EXT.

Below are pics of my front tv and pic of rear tv w/ front tv in background. In these pics, in relation to my furniture, they already look way too big to begin with - but they are only 28" & 24". Any bigger and I would have to remove half my furniture.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	1222278_Detail-1.jpg
Views:	80
Size:	141.9 KB
ID:	326074   Click image for larger version

Name:	1222266_Detail-1.jpg
Views:	81
Size:	169.1 KB
ID:	326075  

Alex AVI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2018, 09:11 AM   #169
2 Rivet Member

Naperville , Illinois
Now what?

I was driving Shorty to the shop the other day to get the blinds fixed and the tv checked out. Yes everything was turned on the TV but I think it is just disconnected from the antenna and they will have to figure that out. While I was driving, the entire infotainment system crapped out completely! Seems to me that they really scurried to get these things out and were pretty careless. This repair and the blinds are delaying my video. Just want to keep you guys posted. I could’ve used it today because I went out early to photograph sandhill crane’s and it would’ve been nice to make it my home base and to take a nap but I will have to wait.
drpeggau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2018, 05:38 PM   #170
2 Rivet Member

New discovery today...anyone else?

Still learning all the systems on our new AS19. Started generator and put AC on (still 84 degrees in SC)....interior temperature kept reading 85 degrees even though it was freezing inside and AC still running on max. Discovered what I suspect is the temperature sensor on the left side as you enter coach through the side door. They are mounted just above the new Czone touch panel. These touch panels are quite hot with or without backlight on and are affecting the thermostat. Spoke with representative at Colonial today and he will escalate this to Airstream technical support. My suspect is that these sensors for the AC and Truma system will need to be repositioned.
Old 10-31-2018, 04:28 AM   #171
2 Rivet Member

They have a fix...software update arriving today

Quote:
Originally Posted by skiphoyt View Post
Still learning all the systems on our new AS19. Started generator and put AC on (still 84 degrees in SC)....interior temperature kept reading 85 degrees even though it was freezing inside and AC still running on max. Discovered what I suspect is the temperature sensor on the left side as you enter coach through the side door. They are mounted just above the new Czone touch panel. These touch panels are quite hot with or without backlight on and are affecting the thermostat. Spoke with representative at Colonial today and he will escalate this to Airstream technical support. My suspect is that these sensors for the AC and Truma system will need to be repositioned.
Colonial RV and Airstream have been very attentive to this and have apparently found a solution in a timely manner. They have overnighted a SD to update the czone systems arriving today. I have the instructions to perform update and will report on it’s success. I am sure Airstream or the dealer will be on contact with the new AI19 owners. I am wondering how many have been delivered.
Old 10-31-2018, 05:40 AM   #172
Rivet Master

2014 20' Flying Cloud
Sag Harbor , New York
Quote:
Originally Posted by drpeggau View Post
. . .
. . . Seems to me that they really scurried to get these things out and were pretty careless.
. . .

Welcome to the newer and better Thor/Airstream production dynamic.

Thanks for all the updates . . . hope it works out.

A great design in the 19' IMO.

Peter
OTRA15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2018, 10:14 AM   #173
2 Rivet Member

2019 Interstate Grand Tour Ext
Chapel Hill , North Carolina
Skiphoyt - good to know your issues have been addressed quickly by Colonial and the fixes can be dealt with without having to drive back to NJ.

My nearest Interstate dealers are about 3.5 hours away from me (west of Columbia, SC and north of Richmond, VA). I worry about having to drive back and forth when problems arise.
MLWilcox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2018, 03:08 PM   #174
Rivet Master

2023 23' International
Macon , Georgia
Quote:
Originally Posted by MLWilcox View Post
My nearest Interstate dealers are about 3.5 hours away from me (west of Columbia, SC and north of Richmond, VA). I worry about having to drive back and forth when problems arise.
I am surprised that Out Of Doors Mart, near you, doesn't sell Interstates, being the oldest Airstream dealer in the nation and no other Interstate dealers in NC.
Roadtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2018, 07:09 PM   #175
2 Rivet Member

Roadtech - I also wish Out Of Doors Mart would sell the Interstates. They are a 5 Rivet dealership and only an hour and 15 minutes from my house. I did speak with the service department and they can service the Interstate on many items. It just depends on the issue.
Old 11-08-2018, 05:04 PM   #176
2 Rivet Member

Naperville , Illinois
Posted video

Hi enthusiasts! I apologize for my long delay in posting a video of the Airstream Interstate 19. Some of it is my fault and some of it is the fault of the weather and some of it is the fault of just having things fixed and maintained. Nonetheless, please feel free to check it out on my YouTube channel. I think this will get you there:

https://youtu.be/XNNsE52TFbE

Please give it a thumbs up even if you don’t like it! I have a ton of subscribers but feel free to subscribe and I will not hold that against you! Also, feel free to ask any questions. It will be obvious that I am not grossly technologically savvy so I apologize in advance.
drpeggau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2018, 08:24 PM   #177
2 Rivet Member

Thanks for posting the video. I just really love the Nineteen. BUT ... I can’t believe the AC only runs on high. Why would Airstream cheap out on the AC?
Old 11-09-2018, 12:49 AM   #178
2 Rivet Member

Same A/C issue

Same issue here with the A/C only running on one speed ‘blasting’! Was my first call to Colonial techs and was told to leave fan on auto and it would adjust the fan speed. This did not work due to the faulty location of the thermostat sensor directly above the czone panel. This panel gives out much heat and falsely shows a cabin temperature close to 90 degrees even when it is actually 68 degrees so A/C NEVER slowdown. I did the software update that Airstream sent to supposedly address this issue but it only slightly reduced the panel’s heat output. My thought is that either I completely disconnect this panel or relocate the sensor.

We love our ‘daily driver’ and I have been able to correct all the little annoyances ie., screen door rattle gone, sink cover rattle gone, side cushions and decorator pillows now stay in place, replaced the solid black very thin carpet mat with a custom Lloyd berber mat along with a matching entry mat, etc etc.

We leave next week on our first ‘outing’ visiting friends and family in PA...plan to overnight in RV parks, relatives driveways, and some hotel stays. The AI19 has more than adequate storage in the coach and behind and under rear bench seat. Even room for two aluminum folding chairs inside rear doors!

I will also try to post a video or pics of these ‘fixes’ and how we keep it looking showroom ready.
Old 11-09-2018, 02:14 PM   #179
Rivet Master

2012 Avenue Coach
Corpus Christi , Texas
Odd indeed about the one-speed operation of the a/c blower. Something is definitely amiss.

1) When shopping for my replacement a/c this past Summer, I didn't find any that weren't at least two-speed blower units.

2) While my prior Coleman a/c had only what I'd describes as "High & Higher" fan speeds, my new Mach 8 Plus has a true lower blower speed. And the reduced noise is much more comforable to live (and sleep) with.

rowiebowie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2018, 02:17 PM   #180
Rivet Master

2012 Avenue Coach
Corpus Christi , Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by drpeggau View Post
Hi enthusiasts! I apologize for my long delay in posting a video of the Airstream Interstate 19. Some of it is my fault and some of it is the fault of the weather and some of it is the fault of just having things fixed and maintained. Nonetheless, please feel free to check it out on my YouTube channel. I think this will get you there:

https://youtu.be/XNNsE52TFbE

Please give it a thumbs up even if you don’t like it! I have a ton of subscribers but feel free to subscribe and I will not hold that against you! Also, feel free to ask any questions. It will be obvious that I am not grossly technologically savvy so I apologize in advance.
Nice video. Thanks.
rowiebowie is offline   Reply With Quote