Free 7 Day Trial RV GPS App RV Trip Planner Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-07-2019, 01:46 PM   #241
2 Rivet Member

Dataw Island , South Carolina
Sad in South Carolina

It was necessary for us to cancel our order for the upcoming 2020 AI 19 and offer our 2019 AI 19 purchased in October 2018 for sale. Please see classified for information. I/we have enjoyed our time on the forum and heartily thank all of you for welcoming us and being so very helpful to the ‘newbie’s’. Best to all, Skip & Karen
skiphoyt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2019, 04:39 PM   #242
2 Rivet Member

Spokane , Washington
The Interstate 19 Czone DOES NOT HAVE WIFI, only the trailer does.
1919 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2019, 04:54 PM   #243
Rivet Master

2014 20' Flying Cloud
Long Island , New York
Quote:
Originally Posted by skiphoyt View Post
It was necessary for us to cancel our order for the upcoming 2020 AI 19 and offer our 2019 AI 19 purchased in October 2018 for sale. Please see classified for information. I/we have enjoyed our time on the forum and heartily thank all of you for welcoming us and being so very helpful to the ‘newbie’s’. Best to all, Skip & Karen
So sorry to hear this. Your purchase and reports were very helpful to us, as we have been considering a 19’ for downsizing. Not ready to make a move at this time though.

Happy Trails,

Peter
OTRA15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2019, 01:24 PM   #244
2 Rivet Member

Quote:
We are back....that was quick! As you can see from my classified listing the sale was due to my wife’s declining mobility. I was thinking of another vehicle that might work for us. The Metris Explorer conversion van was a possibility. After researching and viewing many options I/we just could not part with the ‘bus’ and I was able to fabricate an entry ramp that should help. We still plan to upgrade to the new Sprinter chassis when available. I will sleep better tonight!
Old 03-08-2019, 01:54 PM   #245
Rivet Master

2006 22' Interstate
Mont Vernon , New Hampshire
Yea!!!!!! So glad that it worked out!
bugsbunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2019, 06:59 PM   #246
2 Rivet Member

2019 Interstate Grand Tour Ext
Chapel Hill , North Carolina
SkipHoyt - I haven’t been on the forum for a time and just read your posts. So sorry to hear about your wife’s declining health. I am hopeful the ramp will work great and you can keep driving Nineteen’s for years to come.
MLWilcox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2019, 07:56 PM   #247
JC2
1 Rivet Member

2014 Interstate Ext. Coach
Wynne , Arkansas
Skiphoyt, If you just need a lift to get in van you might consider a seat lift by coach lift. We have used one for over 2 years now without any trouble. It is mounted inside sliding door without having to modify van.
Good luck with new 19.
JC2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2019, 08:26 AM   #248
2 Rivet Member

Naperville , Illinois
Sorry and Pricing

Quote:
Originally Posted by MLWilcox View Post
SkipHoyt - I haven’t been on the forum for a time and just read your posts. So sorry to hear about your wife’s declining health. I am hopeful the ramp will work great and you can keep driving Nineteen’s for years to come.
Skip
Sorry to hear about your situation. All the best to you.

For others worrying about negotiating price, it is difficult to negotiate a rate and Valuable asset. Particularly 4 x 4. I don’t know how many are being produced or what’s the real wait time but I would be surprised if anyone who orders now gets it in 10 months. I had originally wanted a Roadtrek and the CEO actually talked me out of it in April last year. He said, “Just get out there and get whatever you can and start camping!“ That was actually excellent advice!
drpeggau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2019, 11:27 AM   #249
2 Rivet Member

Naperville , Illinois
4x2 19’

Quote:
Originally Posted by OTRA15 View Post
Just noticed your new thread:

http://www.airforums.com/forums/f240...pp-192390.html

Good luck,

Peter

I just spoke to Amber and there is a 4 x 2 in stock that they will sell for 124,999 and it is white exterior with light camel cabinets and oyster ultra leather interior. She thinks the price increase on the 2020 is going to be between 15,000 and $20,000. Tell her I sent you if anybody decides to go. Her number is 708-256-7146
Old 03-09-2019, 05:38 PM   #250
3 Rivet Member

2011 Interstate Coach
Evansville , Indiana
How's the ride in the back?

We have a 2011 non-extended AI and it has the notoriously bad ride in the back. Just curious how the Interstate 19 is in that regard? Is there an airbag option?
BurntAsphalt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2019, 05:45 PM   #251
2 Rivet Member

AI 19 ride in rear

Quote:
Originally Posted by BurntAsphalt View Post
We have a 2011 non-extended AI and it has the notoriously bad ride in the back. Just curious how the Interstate 19 is in that regard? Is there an airbag option?
I have not personally ridden in the rear but all passengers have complimented the ride comfort. I am sure the comfortable ride is due to the short rear overhang compared to other Interstates. No options on the AI 19 so really not sure about rear airbags...my guess would be no.
Old 03-09-2019, 10:28 PM   #252
2 Rivet Member

Kansas City , Missouri
Quote:
Originally Posted by drpeggau View Post
Skip
Sorry to hear about your situation. All the best to you.

For others worrying about negotiating price, it is difficult to negotiate a rate and Valuable asset. Particularly 4 x 4. I don’t know how many are being produced or what’s the real wait time but I would be surprised if anyone who orders now gets it in 10 months. I had originally wanted a Roadtrek and the CEO actually talked me out of it in April last year. He said, “Just get out there and get whatever you can and start camping!“ That was actually excellent advice!
With the limited number being available, that makes it difficult to negotiate and that's across all makes and models. I was all set on a AI 19 but may have to get a used (2/3 years old) AI Grand Tour and a tow vehicle and still be cheaper than an AI 19.

When production revs back up after Amazon and FedEx gets all their vehicles, I think paying a premium price for the AI 19 will have most owners upside down in a couple of years, imo.
jhayesas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2019, 10:08 AM   #253
2 Rivet Member

Naperville , Illinois
Ride comfort

Quote:
The ride is very comfortable throughout and I am very impressed, even though ours is 4 x 4. There is no room for the rear airbag. Everything is pretty crammed in under the chassis and there is not even a spare tire, in case nobody realizes that.
I plan on making a couple YouTube videos over the next few week and I’ll video undercarriage and storage.
Old 03-10-2019, 05:34 PM   #254
1 Rivet Member

Currently Looking...
Currently Looking...
Great Falls , Virginia
Hi there! We just bought the nineteen too. 4/4. My understanding (based on one of the videos I watched), there is a spare tired underneath. Any recommendations for us? We pick up in Texas in a few weeks!
JoanB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2019, 05:50 PM   #255
2 Rivet Member

AI 19 Spare tire

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoanB View Post
Hi there! We just bought the nineteen too. 4/4. My understanding (based on one of the videos I watched), there is a spare tired underneath. Any recommendations for us? We pick up in Texas in a few weeks!
There is no spare tire....they do provide a jack and tire tools but no tire emergency can or compressor. Need to call roadside for a tow.
Old 03-10-2019, 06:38 PM   #256
2 Rivet Member

Spokane , Washington
No spare No tow

Not only does the 19 not have a spare, repair kit, or compressor but it cannot be towed! It has to be carried, because of the way the four wheel drive is Mercedes is explicit that all four tires have to be off the ground. So on a flatbed or one end lifted and the other on a dolly. Normal tow is a no-no.
1919 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2019, 06:47 PM   #257
2 Rivet Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1919 View Post
Not only does the 19 not have a spare, repair kit, or compressor but it cannot be towed! It has to be carried, because of the way the four wheel drive is Mercedes is explicit that all four tires have to be off the ground. So on a flatbed or one end lifted and the other on a dolly. Normal tow is a no-no.
Does this only apply to the 4X4?
Old 03-10-2019, 08:05 PM   #258
3 Rivet Member

2011 Interstate Coach
Evansville , Indiana
Quote:
Does this only apply to the 4X4?
There are a bunch of threads on the Net that go into more detail but generally speaking, a Sprinter van can safely be towed for short distances (<30 miles) at slow speeds (<30mph). Anything else requires removal of the driveshaft or carried on a flatbed truck. A high profile Sprinter loaded on a flatbed tow truck is reportedly a scary sight.
BurntAsphalt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2019, 09:01 AM   #259
Rivet Master

2013 Interstate Coach
Fulton , Maryland
Quote:
... Anything else requires removal of the driveshaft or carried on a flatbed truck. A high profile Sprinter loaded on a flatbed tow truck is reportedly a scary sight.

I had my AI flatbed towed to dealer a few years back, courtesy of MB Roadside after the dealer messed up a fuel filter change. It was a bit scary and I had to wait for a low profile tow truck to get under the overpassed in Baltimore area.
Boxster1971 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2019, 03:47 PM   #260
2 Rivet Member

Classified was not working to list an Interstate 19 for sale. Understandable with it being so new. It has been updated and I will post my ad later this evening.