Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-17-2019, 10:17 PM   #321
1 Rivet Member

Currently Looking...
Currently Looking...
Great Falls , Virginia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robkhoo View Post
Sad to hear that your problems are as bad as ours. Our Shorty has been in the repair shop for 35 days now! The service people can’t resolve the faulty CZone.
My response....if it cannot be repaired, it should be replaced.
That totally sucks. I'm hopeful that our time spent at mother ship will solve all of our issues. Fingers crossed they resolve your czone issue... seems like if they can't solve it... they should just replace it!
JoanB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2019, 10:18 PM   #322
1 Rivet Member

Currently Looking...
Currently Looking...
Great Falls , Virginia
Quote:
Originally Posted by dylanmitchel View Post
Great info on this thread about the Nineteen. Is the Nineteen 4x4 single rear wheel since it's built on the Sprinter 2500 platform? And do the 24 foot Interstate 4x4's have dual rear wheels? Like to avoid dual rear wheels since we'd want to do a super single conversion. Dual rear wheel struggles in sandy places like Anza Borrego and rocks like to get stuck between them tearing the tires apart.

Surprised to see some many quality issues with the Nineteen. Are the 24 foot interstates more ironed out or do they have similar issues. Hate to get a RV that took so much work and trips to the dealer to get sorted out. If it's that bad we'd consider Sportmobile.
19 is single wheel. I'm not an expert on the longer one, but i think it's also single wheel. It's definitely that bad. But... we do love it!
JoanB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2019, 10:35 PM   #323
Rivet Master

2018 Interstate Lounge Ext
LV , Nevada
Quote:
Originally Posted by dylanmitchel View Post
If it's that bad we'd consider Sportmobile.
DYLANMITCHELL - you should, would love to hear how the Sportmobile problems stack up against the field
Alex AVI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2019, 08:23 PM   #324

2019 ​Interstate Nineteen
Huntsville , Alabama
Hope to hear what you think of the interstate 19, I am serious about buying one??
primelink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2019, 09:25 PM   #325
Rivet Master

LV , Nevada
Quote:
Originally Posted by primelink View Post
Hope to hear what you think of the interstate 19, I am serious about buying one??
PRIME LINK - my personal opinion - I would evaluate the new chassis first above all else (i.e. 2019 MB Sprinter vs. older MB vs. other chassis make). Then AI infrastructure option list that are must haves for you compared to other rv brands. Then last is AI build quality compared to other rv brands. The reason is it is easier to change cheap cabinets, appliances, inverter or bad/cheap whatever - than having a poor chassis to build on. You can not escape a bad chassis no matter what's in the house. There is no history on the new gen. MB chassis but engine & many of it's systems has long excellent history. So you will be at the tip of the spear on certain new features of the new chassis& trailblazing for everyone. Best of luck on the search.
Old 08-19-2019, 12:20 PM   #326
3 Rivet Member

Kansas City , Missouri
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex AVI View Post

PRIME LINK - my personal opinion - I would evaluate the new chassis first above all else (i.e. 2019 MB Sprinter vs. older MB vs. other chassis make). Then AI infrastructure option list that are must haves for you compared to other rv brands. Then last is AI build quality compared to other rv brands. The reason is it is easier to change cheap cabinets, appliances, inverter or bad/cheap whatever - than having a poor chassis to build on. You can not escape a bad chassis no matter what's in the house. There is no history on the new gen. MB chassis but engine & many of it's systems has long excellent history. So you will be at the tip of the spear on certain new features of the new chassis& trailblazing for everyone. Best of luck on the search.
I agree with your opinion except I would have to put location of service prior to build quality. The best build quality doesn't mean anything if you're not able to get service done without extend waits or long drives to service vendors. For me, I choose AI over PW for two reasons; location of service(#2A) and PW doesn't offer a 4wd option (#2). There are about 3 Five Rivet dealers within 3 hours from my resident. That's a good drive to get something repaired so hopefully my unit will be a positive experience.

1: evaluate the new chassis
2: infrastructure option
2A: service
3: build quality
jhayesas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2019, 01:04 PM   #327
Rivet Master

LV , Nevada
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhayesas View Post
I agree with your opinion except I would have to put location of service prior to build quality. The best build quality doesn't mean anything if you're not able to get service done without extend waits or long drives to service vendors. For me, I choose AI over PW for two reasons; location of service(#2A) and PW doesn't offer a 4wd option (#2). There are about 3 Five Rivet dealers within 3 hours from my resident. That's a good drive to get something repaired so hopefully my unit will be a positive experience.

1: evaluate the new chassis
2: infrastructure option
2A: service
3: build quality
JHAYESAS - That a great point. In fact, instinctively, in back of my mind, I prob. already put that ahead. By that I mean I had options to buy from east coast and save a little bit more, but I chose to buy local due to the new (not 5 riv) AS dealer 20 mins from me and a dedicated MB Sprinter service facility that is separate from the MB dealership service facility. But I still have 5 riv dealers within 4-hr drive. I like that the local Sprinter facility is at a completely different location, very far from where I bring our sedans. So there is lititle to no cross-pollination of workers from the car service dept touching my Sprinter with no experience on Sprinters, even though they are owned by same dealership. They are strictly Sprinter techs & mechanics.