Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-23-2018, 06:14 PM   #101
Prof. of Pending Projects

2018 Tommy Bahama Interstate
Orlando , Florida
Welcome to the forum dylanmitchel!!!
WBCCI #26769
2018 Airstream Interstate 3500 Lounge EXT Tommy Bahama w/ARS
wachuko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2018, 08:58 PM   #102
2 Rivet Member

Dataw Island , South Carolina
Newbie here...first venture into the world of motor homes....not even sure that is the correct name for a Interstate 19! I have done boats from 21’ to 52’ so have an idea of this type of living. We retired near Beaufort, SC and would like to be able to travel from Cape Cod or South to visit friends in Florida. I am loosing my wife to the world of dementia so am uncomfortable with her getting confused at rest stops or McDonald’s! I had to rescue her recently with hysterical women ready to call 911....right out of a sitcom. A former neighbor had a Leisure Unity which I always admired...started there but wanted more of daily driver. Looked at the Ascent and the Agile...didn’t like the looks of the roll down side screens. Sales advisor directed me to the Midwest 144 on the same short chassis...it is extremely nice to look at but...then I read an article about a new player in the B class, the Airstream Interstate 19 and it looked perfect for our needs. Love the conservative classy look of it and the fact my wife and dog can join me in some traveling. Called around 10 Airstream dealers and found an available one in Ohio. Mark the sales advisor was great and offered to deliver to our door next week. Thought about it for 2 days, called back to finalize the purchase and Mark said another sales agent took a deposit 5 minutes ago...bummer. Said it would be early spring before next available...15 minutes later he called back to tell me he found one ready to go into production with a delivery date of 11/15. I didn’t hesitate and am excited to have found this forum. Glancing at the post tonight it looks like there may be a delay with delivery? Sorry for the long post and promise it won’t happen again. Excited in Beaufort, SC!
skiphoyt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2018, 09:33 PM   #103

Orlando , Florida
Very sorry to hear about your wife's condition. My in-laws have been with us for 15 years and we are dealing with the same condition with my mother-in-law. Very difficult as there are semi-good days and then the others...

Welcome to the forum and just know that you will never have to be sorry for long posts...
WBCCI #26769
Old 09-23-2018, 09:45 PM   #104
2 Rivet Member

Thanks!

Thank you for the welcome and kind words!
Old 09-24-2018, 10:54 AM   #105
Rivet Master

2024 Interstate 19
Fulton , Maryland
SKIPHOYT - welcome to AirForums. Wishing you all the best in dealing with your wife's dementia. I helped my sister-in-law a few years back after she made the tremendously difficult decision to commit her husband to a care facility after dealing with his dementia for over five years. It's a difficult issue many of us will face.

Your post was not long. We all enjoy hearing each other's stories.
Previous: 2013 Airstream Interstate 3500 Ext Lounge
Boxster1971 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2018, 11:58 AM   #106
2 Rivet Member

2019 Interstate 19 available immediately....silver with columbian walnut and carpet option. My white one is on order and I just spoke with Mark Bensman at Arbogast, Troy, Ohio. Mark has been great to work with and will ship to your door if needed. Mark’s contact is 937-552-2791
Old 09-28-2018, 12:18 PM   #107
2 Rivet Member

Naperville , Illinois
It’s here!!!

It just arrived to the dealer this morning and I attached four photographs. Let me know if they did not load. I am very happy to see that they do not have the accordion screen door but just a regular screen door so that is better. The refrigerator runs not on propane but on electric and battery power so that is also a positive in my opinion. It really looks fantastic. I am 6‘5“ tall and have no problem in the driver seat by the way. It will take a few days to put in my large lithium battery and the 3000 W converter. It will be another weekend without traveling but I have other plans anyway so hopefully we will get out next Thursday for a few days. My video will be forthcoming after I finalize payment and take delivery. I will try to take a quick one today if they allow me to, and get that on my YouTube channel.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	471E8BFA-C7A0-4FD8-A690-A558EA5810D5.jpg
Views:	104
Size:	224.4 KB
ID:	323886   Click image for larger version

Name:	1AA18DF4-13A1-47F6-880D-C072AB18593E.jpg
Views:	109
Size:	182.2 KB
ID:	323887  

Name:	E6E18FF1-D74B-4BD2-8C6B-CED26ACE3D60.jpg
Size:	282.9 KB
ID:	323888   Click image for larger version

Name:	F254F4E2-0A4D-4ED8-9C60-12A75B7C542B.jpg
Size:	320.1 KB
ID:	323889  

drpeggau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2018, 01:09 PM   #108
Rivet Master

2024 Interstate 19
Fulton , Maryland
Quote:
Originally Posted by drpeggau View Post
It just arrived to the dealer this morning and I attached four photographs. ...
Great news - glad to hear it is finally coming your way.
Previous: 2013 Airstream Interstate 3500 Ext Lounge
Boxster1971 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2018, 01:19 PM   #109
Rivet Master

2018 Interstate Lounge Ext
LV , Nevada
Quote:
It just arrived to the dealer this morning and I attached four photographs. Let me know if they did not load. I am very happy to see that they do not have the accordion screen door but just a regular screen door so that is better. The refrigerator runs not on propane but on electric and battery power so that is also a positive in my opinion. It really looks fantastic. I am 6‘5“ tall and have no problem in the driver seat by the way. It will take a few days to put in my large lithium battery and the 3000 W converter. It will be another weekend without traveling but I have other plans anyway so hopefully we will get out next Thursday for a few days. My video will be forthcoming after I finalize payment and take delivery. I will try to take a quick one today if they allow me to, and get that on my YouTube channel.
DRPEGGAU - Nice! CONGRATS!
Alex AVI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2018, 01:49 PM   #110
Contributing Member

2018 Interstate Grand Tour Ext
Austin (Hays County) , Texas
The "Shorty" has a lot of features I would hope appear on the 2020 Extendeds.
  1. The bathroom, a bit wider with the diagonal stool. Feels a lot roomier than my 2014.5.
  2. The larger, single, refrigerator with nice freezer compartment. Up off the floor and bigger than in the current Lounge. Perfect size for us. My 86-year-old knees would appreciate not having to kneel to see the buttons.
  3. Microwave in upper cabinets. My knees would appreciate not having to kneel to program the buttons. The smaller microwave would be perfect for us; we use it only to heat water for coffee/tea and occasional packaged meals. We never use the convection feature; too hot in Texas most of the year.
  4. Better galley sink with a non-folding faucet. Would love to have this!
WBCCI #9632
Pahaska is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2018, 02:32 PM   #111
Rivet Master

2007 Interstate
Normal , Illinois
It looks gorgeous!

If you edit your photos down in size a bit, they should then post right side up.

Maggie
Old 09-28-2018, 07:40 PM   #112
2 Rivet Member

2019 Interstate Grand Tour Ext
Chapel Hill , North Carolina
I truly am so jealous. And very happy for you. I promised myself to wait until the 2019 Sprinters are released. These pictures are making it soooooo hard for me.

Love the silver exterior. Love the interior. Is that the Colombian Walnut or Beechwood?

How do I find your YouTube channel?
MLWilcox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2018, 08:16 PM   #113

Orlando , Florida
Quote:
Congratulations!!! Looks great!! Looking forward to the video.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	471E8BFA-C7A0-4FD8-A690-A558EA5810D5.jpg
Views:	97
Size:	324.9 KB
ID:	323929   Click image for larger version

Name:	1AA18DF4-13A1-47F6-880D-C072AB18593E.jpg
Views:	108
Size:	267.2 KB
ID:	323930  

Name:	E6E18FF1-D74B-4BD2-8C6B-CED26ACE3D60.jpg
Views:	123
Size:	415.3 KB
ID:	323931   Click image for larger version

Name:	F254F4E2-0A4D-4ED8-9C60-12A75B7C542B.jpg
Views:	120
Size:	471.8 KB
ID:	323932  

WBCCI #26769
Old 09-28-2018, 09:12 PM   #114
Rivet Master

LV , Nevada
Quote:
Originally Posted by wachuko View Post
Congratulations!!! Looks great!! Looking forward to the video.
Video, VIDEO? There's gonna be a video? Oh, boy, I better get my 2nd mortgage ready from bank before I watch this video and appointment with a marriage counselor.
Old 09-29-2018, 11:36 AM   #115
2 Rivet Member

Super excited now!

Quote:
Originally Posted by skiphoyt View Post
Newbie here...first venture into the world of motor homes....not even sure that is the correct name for a Interstate 19! I have done boats from 21’ to 52’ so have an idea of this type of living. We retired near Beaufort, SC and would like to be able to travel from Cape Cod or South to visit friends in Florida. I am loosing my wife to the world of dementia so am uncomfortable with her getting confused at rest stops or McDonald’s! I had to rescue her recently with hysterical women ready to call 911....right out of a sitcom. A former neighbor had a Leisure Unity which I always admired...started there but wanted more of daily driver. Looked at the Ascent and the Agile...didn’t like the looks of the roll down side screens. Sales advisor directed me to the Midwest 144 on the same short chassis...it is extremely nice to look at but...then I read an article about a new player in the B class, the Airstream Interstate 19 and it looked perfect for our needs. Love the conservative classy look of it and the fact my wife and dog can join me in some traveling. Called around 10 Airstream dealers and found an available one in Ohio. Mark the sales advisor was great and offered to deliver to our door next week. Thought about it for 2 days, called back to finalize the purchase and Mark said another sales agent took a deposit 5 minutes ago...bummer. Said it would be early spring before next available...15 minutes later he called back to tell me he found one ready to go into production with a delivery date of 11/15. I didn’t hesitate and am excited to have found this forum. Glancing at the post tonight it looks like there may be a delay with delivery? Sorry for the long post and promise it won’t happen again. Excited in Beaufort, SC!
UPDATE..Located exactly what we wanted..Silver with the Light Camel interior. Will be arriving at Colonial early next week and I just made flight arrangements to take delivery Saturday October 13....maiden drive back to SC. Patrick has been great to work with!
Old 09-29-2018, 11:50 AM   #116
Rivet Master

LV , Nevada
Quote:
Originally Posted by skiphoyt View Post
UPDATE..Located exactly what we wanted..Silver with the Light Camel interior. Will be arriving at Colonial early next week and I just made flight arrangements to take delivery Saturday October 13....maiden drive back to SC. Patrick has been great to work with!
SKIPHOYT - Nice. CONGRATS! Looking forward to your report(s).
Old 09-29-2018, 11:50 AM   #117
2 Rivet Member

SkipHoyt - Congratulations. Very excited to hear about your experience in the AI19. Posts, pictures, video please.
Old 10-01-2018, 11:42 PM   #118
4 Rivet Member

2020 27' Globetrotter
2019 Interstate Lounge Ext
Jackson Hole - Tetons , Wyoming
Quote:
Originally Posted by MLWilcox View Post
I truly am so jealous. And very happy for you. I promised myself to wait until the 2019 Sprinters are released. These pictures are making it soooooo hard for me.

Love the silver exterior. Love the interior. Is that the Colombian Walnut or Beechwood?

How do I find your YouTube channel?

Maybe don’t wait?

Get some enjoyment out of a unit “now” for the next couple years?

I don’t believe they will hit their projected timelines based upon history, and don’t believe they’ll have the problems identified or fixed in the first 18-24 months.

Don’t miss two years of experiences (unless you’ve got an older coach underneath you right now of course!
ScottP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2018, 06:10 PM   #119
2 Rivet Member

ScotP - Since the day I learned about the Interstate 19, I have had an active argument with myself about when to purchase. I promised myself that I would wait until the 2019 Sprinters come out and wait for at least one of my 2 daughters to graduate from college. Both happening - I hope - next summer. I know I will want the updated chassis. Yet, the other side of my argument with myself (the devil side of me) screams to buy one now. Why wait.

If I had your magic to resell each year without much loss, I would feel more comfortable buying now and getting a 2020 or 2021 AI19 with new chassis later.

p.s. I have a deposit for a Sprinter van conversion scheduled to start next summer. The Interstate 19 has put an end to my desire for anything else.
Old 10-02-2018, 09:58 PM   #120
Rivet Master

LV , Nevada
Quote:
Originally Posted by MLWilcox View Post
ScotP - Since the day I learned about the Interstate 19, I have had an active argument with myself about when to purchase. I promised myself that I would wait until the 2019 Sprinters come out and wait for at least one of my 2 daughters to graduate from college. Both happening - I hope - next summer. I know I will want the updated chassis. Yet, the other side of my argument with myself (the devil side of me) screams to buy one now. Why wait.

If I had your magic to resell each year without much loss, I would feel more comfortable buying now and getting a 2020 or 2021 AI19 with new chassis later.

p.s. I have a deposit for a Sprinter van conversion scheduled to start next summer. The Interstate 19 has put an end to my desire for anything else.
MLWILCOX - CONGRATS on your decision. Very tough to wait for order, always seems lIke forever. Hope you get it sooner rather than later.