Free 7 Day Trial RV GPS App RV Trip Planner Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Free 7 Day Trial ×
 


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 09-23-2018, 06:14 PM   #101
Prof. of Pending Projects
 
wachuko's Avatar
 
2018 Tommy Bahama Interstate
Orlando , Florida
Join Date: Sep 2017
Posts: 2,567
Welcome to the forum dylanmitchel!!!
__________________
Safe travels!
Wachuko
WBCCI #26769
2018 Airstream Interstate 3500 Lounge EXT Tommy Bahama w/ARS
wachuko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2018, 08:58 PM   #102
2 Rivet Member
 
skiphoyt's Avatar
 
Dataw Island , South Carolina
Join Date: Sep 2018
Posts: 72
Newbie here...first venture into the world of motor homes....not even sure that is the correct name for a Interstate 19! I have done boats from 21’ to 52’ so have an idea of this type of living. We retired near Beaufort, SC and would like to be able to travel from Cape Cod or South to visit friends in Florida. I am loosing my wife to the world of dementia so am uncomfortable with her getting confused at rest stops or McDonald’s! I had to rescue her recently with hysterical women ready to call 911....right out of a sitcom. A former neighbor had a Leisure Unity which I always admired...started there but wanted more of daily driver. Looked at the Ascent and the Agile...didn’t like the looks of the roll down side screens. Sales advisor directed me to the Midwest 144 on the same short chassis...it is extremely nice to look at but...then I read an article about a new player in the B class, the Airstream Interstate 19 and it looked perfect for our needs. Love the conservative classy look of it and the fact my wife and dog can join me in some traveling. Called around 10 Airstream dealers and found an available one in Ohio. Mark the sales advisor was great and offered to deliver to our door next week. Thought about it for 2 days, called back to finalize the purchase and Mark said another sales agent took a deposit 5 minutes ago...bummer. Said it would be early spring before next available...15 minutes later he called back to tell me he found one ready to go into production with a delivery date of 11/15. I didn’t hesitate and am excited to have found this forum. Glancing at the post tonight it looks like there may be a delay with delivery? Sorry for the long post and promise it won’t happen again. Excited in Beaufort, SC!
skiphoyt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2018, 09:33 PM   #103
Prof. of Pending Projects
 
wachuko's Avatar
 
2018 Tommy Bahama Interstate
Orlando , Florida
Join Date: Sep 2017
Posts: 2,567
Very sorry to hear about your wife's condition. My in-laws have been with us for 15 years and we are dealing with the same condition with my mother-in-law. Very difficult as there are semi-good days and then the others...

Welcome to the forum and just know that you will never have to be sorry for long posts...
__________________
Safe travels!
Wachuko
WBCCI #26769
2018 Airstream Interstate 3500 Lounge EXT Tommy Bahama w/ARS
wachuko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2018, 09:45 PM   #104
2 Rivet Member
 
skiphoyt's Avatar
 
Dataw Island , South Carolina
Join Date: Sep 2018
Posts: 72
Thanks!

Thank you for the welcome and kind words!
skiphoyt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2018, 10:54 AM   #105
Rivet Master
 
Boxster1971's Avatar

 
2013 Interstate Coach
Fulton , Maryland
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 3,444
SKIPHOYT - welcome to AirForums. Wishing you all the best in dealing with your wife's dementia. I helped my sister-in-law a few years back after she made the tremendously difficult decision to commit her husband to a care facility after dealing with his dementia for over five years. It's a difficult issue many of us will face.

Your post was not long. We all enjoy hearing each other's stories.
__________________
- - Mike
--------------------------
2013 Airstream Interstate Lounge EXT
Boxster1971 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2018, 11:58 AM   #106
2 Rivet Member
 
skiphoyt's Avatar
 
Dataw Island , South Carolina
Join Date: Sep 2018
Posts: 72
2019 Interstate 19 available immediately....silver with columbian walnut and carpet option. My white one is on order and I just spoke with Mark Bensman at Arbogast, Troy, Ohio. Mark has been great to work with and will ship to your door if needed. Mark’s contact is 937-552-2791
skiphoyt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2018, 12:18 PM   #107
2 Rivet Member
 
Naperville , Illinois
Join Date: Jun 2018
Posts: 45
It’s here!!!

It just arrived to the dealer this morning and I attached four photographs. Let me know if they did not load. I am very happy to see that they do not have the accordion screen door but just a regular screen door so that is better. The refrigerator runs not on propane but on electric and battery power so that is also a positive in my opinion. It really looks fantastic. I am 6‘5“ tall and have no problem in the driver seat by the way. It will take a few days to put in my large lithium battery and the 3000 W converter. It will be another weekend without traveling but I have other plans anyway so hopefully we will get out next Thursday for a few days. My video will be forthcoming after I finalize payment and take delivery. I will try to take a quick one today if they allow me to, and get that on my YouTube channel.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	471E8BFA-C7A0-4FD8-A690-A558EA5810D5.jpg
Views:	74
Size:	224.4 KB
ID:	323886   Click image for larger version

Name:	1AA18DF4-13A1-47F6-880D-C072AB18593E.jpg
Views:	70
Size:	182.2 KB
ID:	323887  

Click image for larger version

Name:	E6E18FF1-D74B-4BD2-8C6B-CED26ACE3D60.jpg
Views:	82
Size:	282.9 KB
ID:	323888   Click image for larger version

Name:	F254F4E2-0A4D-4ED8-9C60-12A75B7C542B.jpg
Views:	84
Size:	320.1 KB
ID:	323889  

drpeggau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2018, 01:09 PM   #108
Rivet Master
 
Boxster1971's Avatar

 
2013 Interstate Coach
Fulton , Maryland
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 3,444
Quote:
Originally Posted by drpeggau View Post
It just arrived to the dealer this morning and I attached four photographs. ...
Great news - glad to hear it is finally coming your way.
__________________
- - Mike
--------------------------
2013 Airstream Interstate Lounge EXT
Boxster1971 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2018, 01:19 PM   #109
Wannabe RV'er in training
 
Alex AVI's Avatar
 
2018 Interstate Lounge Ext
High Desert , Las Vegas , Nevada
Join Date: Feb 2018
Posts: 2,460
Quote:
Originally Posted by drpeggau View Post
It just arrived to the dealer this morning and I attached four photographs. Let me know if they did not load. I am very happy to see that they do not have the accordion screen door but just a regular screen door so that is better. The refrigerator runs not on propane but on electric and battery power so that is also a positive in my opinion. It really looks fantastic. I am 6‘5“ tall and have no problem in the driver seat by the way. It will take a few days to put in my large lithium battery and the 3000 W converter. It will be another weekend without traveling but I have other plans anyway so hopefully we will get out next Thursday for a few days. My video will be forthcoming after I finalize payment and take delivery. I will try to take a quick one today if they allow me to, and get that on my YouTube channel.
DRPEGGAU - Nice! CONGRATS!
Alex AVI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2018, 01:49 PM   #110
Contributing Member
 
Pahaska's Avatar
 
2018 Interstate Grand Tour Ext
Austin (Hays County) , Texas
Join Date: Jun 2002
Posts: 7,065
Images: 4
The "Shorty" has a lot of features I would hope appear on the 2020 Extendeds.
  1. The bathroom, a bit wider with the diagonal stool. Feels a lot roomier than my 2014.5.
  2. The larger, single, refrigerator with nice freezer compartment. Up off the floor and bigger than in the current Lounge. Perfect size for us. My 86-year-old knees would appreciate not having to kneel to see the buttons.
  3. Microwave in upper cabinets. My knees would appreciate not having to kneel to program the buttons. The smaller microwave would be perfect for us; we use it only to heat water for coffee/tea and occasional packaged meals. We never use the convection feature; too hot in Texas most of the year.
  4. Better galley sink with a non-folding faucet. Would love to have this!
__________________
John W. Irwin
2018 Interstate GT, "Sabre-Dog V"
WBCCI #9632
Pahaska is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2018, 02:32 PM   #111
Rivet Master
 
Lily&Me's Avatar

 
2007 Interstate
Normal , Illinois
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 16,602
It looks gorgeous!

If you edit your photos down in size a bit, they should then post right side up.

Maggie
__________________
Find a need and fill it.

🏡 🚐 Cherish and appreciate those you love. This moment could be your last.🌹🐚
Lily&Me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2018, 07:40 PM   #112
2 Rivet Member
 
2019 Interstate Grand Tour Ext
Chapel Hill , North Carolina
Join Date: Sep 2018
Posts: 61
I truly am so jealous. And very happy for you. I promised myself to wait until the 2019 Sprinters are released. These pictures are making it soooooo hard for me.

Love the silver exterior. Love the interior. Is that the Colombian Walnut or Beechwood?

How do I find your YouTube channel?
MLWilcox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2018, 08:16 PM   #113
Prof. of Pending Projects
 
wachuko's Avatar
 
2018 Tommy Bahama Interstate
Orlando , Florida
Join Date: Sep 2017
Posts: 2,567
Quote:
Originally Posted by drpeggau View Post
It just arrived to the dealer this morning and I attached four photographs. Let me know if they did not load. I am very happy to see that they do not have the accordion screen door but just a regular screen door so that is better. The refrigerator runs not on propane but on electric and battery power so that is also a positive in my opinion. It really looks fantastic. I am 6‘5“ tall and have no problem in the driver seat by the way. It will take a few days to put in my large lithium battery and the 3000 W converter. It will be another weekend without traveling but I have other plans anyway so hopefully we will get out next Thursday for a few days. My video will be forthcoming after I finalize payment and take delivery. I will try to take a quick one today if they allow me to, and get that on my YouTube channel.
Congratulations!!! Looks great!! Looking forward to the video.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	471E8BFA-C7A0-4FD8-A690-A558EA5810D5.jpg
Views:	69
Size:	324.9 KB
ID:	323929   Click image for larger version

Name:	1AA18DF4-13A1-47F6-880D-C072AB18593E.jpg
Views:	81
Size:	267.2 KB
ID:	323930  

Click image for larger version

Name:	E6E18FF1-D74B-4BD2-8C6B-CED26ACE3D60.jpg
Views:	86
Size:	415.3 KB
ID:	323931   Click image for larger version

Name:	F254F4E2-0A4D-4ED8-9C60-12A75B7C542B.jpg
Views:	84
Size:	471.8 KB
ID:	323932  

__________________
Safe travels!
Wachuko
WBCCI #26769
2018 Airstream Interstate 3500 Lounge EXT Tommy Bahama w/ARS
wachuko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2018, 09:12 PM   #114
Wannabe RV'er in training
 
Alex AVI's Avatar
 
2018 Interstate Lounge Ext
High Desert , Las Vegas , Nevada
Join Date: Feb 2018
Posts: 2,460
Quote:
Originally Posted by wachuko View Post
Congratulations!!! Looks great!! Looking forward to the video.
Video, VIDEO? There's gonna be a video? Oh, boy, I better get my 2nd mortgage ready from bank before I watch this video and appointment with a marriage counselor.
Alex AVI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2018, 11:36 AM   #115
2 Rivet Member
 
skiphoyt's Avatar
 
Dataw Island , South Carolina
Join Date: Sep 2018
Posts: 72
Super excited now!

Quote:
Originally Posted by skiphoyt View Post
Newbie here...first venture into the world of motor homes....not even sure that is the correct name for a Interstate 19! I have done boats from 21’ to 52’ so have an idea of this type of living. We retired near Beaufort, SC and would like to be able to travel from Cape Cod or South to visit friends in Florida. I am loosing my wife to the world of dementia so am uncomfortable with her getting confused at rest stops or McDonald’s! I had to rescue her recently with hysterical women ready to call 911....right out of a sitcom. A former neighbor had a Leisure Unity which I always admired...started there but wanted more of daily driver. Looked at the Ascent and the Agile...didn’t like the looks of the roll down side screens. Sales advisor directed me to the Midwest 144 on the same short chassis...it is extremely nice to look at but...then I read an article about a new player in the B class, the Airstream Interstate 19 and it looked perfect for our needs. Love the conservative classy look of it and the fact my wife and dog can join me in some traveling. Called around 10 Airstream dealers and found an available one in Ohio. Mark the sales advisor was great and offered to deliver to our door next week. Thought about it for 2 days, called back to finalize the purchase and Mark said another sales agent took a deposit 5 minutes ago...bummer. Said it would be early spring before next available...15 minutes later he called back to tell me he found one ready to go into production with a delivery date of 11/15. I didn’t hesitate and am excited to have found this forum. Glancing at the post tonight it looks like there may be a delay with delivery? Sorry for the long post and promise it won’t happen again. Excited in Beaufort, SC!
UPDATE..Located exactly what we wanted..Silver with the Light Camel interior. Will be arriving at Colonial early next week and I just made flight arrangements to take delivery Saturday October 13....maiden drive back to SC. Patrick has been great to work with!
skiphoyt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2018, 11:50 AM   #116
Wannabe RV'er in training
 
Alex AVI's Avatar
 
2018 Interstate Lounge Ext
High Desert , Las Vegas , Nevada
Join Date: Feb 2018
Posts: 2,460
Quote:
Originally Posted by skiphoyt View Post
UPDATE..Located exactly what we wanted..Silver with the Light Camel interior. Will be arriving at Colonial early next week and I just made flight arrangements to take delivery Saturday October 13....maiden drive back to SC. Patrick has been great to work with!
SKIPHOYT - Nice. CONGRATS! Looking forward to your report(s).
Alex AVI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2018, 11:50 AM   #117
2 Rivet Member
 
2019 Interstate Grand Tour Ext
Chapel Hill , North Carolina
Join Date: Sep 2018
Posts: 61
SkipHoyt - Congratulations. Very excited to hear about your experience in the AI19. Posts, pictures, video please.
MLWilcox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2018, 11:42 PM   #118
4 Rivet Member
 
ScottP's Avatar
 
2019 27' Globetrotter
2019 Interstate Lounge Ext
Rye , New Hampshire
Join Date: Aug 2014
Posts: 326
Blog Entries: 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by MLWilcox View Post
I truly am so jealous. And very happy for you. I promised myself to wait until the 2019 Sprinters are released. These pictures are making it soooooo hard for me.

Love the silver exterior. Love the interior. Is that the Colombian Walnut or Beechwood?

How do I find your YouTube channel?


Maybe don’t wait?

Get some enjoyment out of a unit “now” for the next couple years?

I don’t believe they will hit their projected timelines based upon history, and don’t believe they’ll have the problems identified or fixed in the first 18-24 months.

Don’t miss two years of experiences (unless you’ve got an older coach underneath you right now of course!
__________________
8 AS Interstate's owned: All Black Lounges
2014, 2014.5, 2015, 2016, 2017 (4x4), 2018 (4x4), 2019 (4x4+air suspension), current is a new 2018 (4x4+air suspension)
2019 AS 27' Globetrotter & 2019 F350 Plat Diesel
Rye, NH and Jackson, WY
ScottP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2018, 06:10 PM   #119
2 Rivet Member
 
2019 Interstate Grand Tour Ext
Chapel Hill , North Carolina
Join Date: Sep 2018
Posts: 61
ScotP - Since the day I learned about the Interstate 19, I have had an active argument with myself about when to purchase. I promised myself that I would wait until the 2019 Sprinters come out and wait for at least one of my 2 daughters to graduate from college. Both happening - I hope - next summer. I know I will want the updated chassis. Yet, the other side of my argument with myself (the devil side of me) screams to buy one now. Why wait.

If I had your magic to resell each year without much loss, I would feel more comfortable buying now and getting a 2020 or 2021 AI19 with new chassis later.

p.s. I have a deposit for a Sprinter van conversion scheduled to start next summer. The Interstate 19 has put an end to my desire for anything else.
MLWilcox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2018, 09:58 PM   #120
Wannabe RV'er in training
 
Alex AVI's Avatar
 
2018 Interstate Lounge Ext
High Desert , Las Vegas , Nevada
Join Date: Feb 2018
Posts: 2,460
Quote:
Originally Posted by MLWilcox View Post
ScotP - Since the day I learned about the Interstate 19, I have had an active argument with myself about when to purchase. I promised myself that I would wait until the 2019 Sprinters come out and wait for at least one of my 2 daughters to graduate from college. Both happening - I hope - next summer. I know I will want the updated chassis. Yet, the other side of my argument with myself (the devil side of me) screams to buy one now. Why wait.

If I had your magic to resell each year without much loss, I would feel more comfortable buying now and getting a 2020 or 2021 AI19 with new chassis later.

p.s. I have a deposit for a Sprinter van conversion scheduled to start next summer. The Interstate 19 has put an end to my desire for anything else.
MLWILCOX - CONGRATS on your decision. Very tough to wait for order, always seems lIke forever. Hope you get it sooner rather than later.
Alex AVI is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Price paid vs asking price mtbexpert Sprinter and B-van Forum 34 04-07-2019 02:09 PM
Price Paid to Price Asked BillWill Trailer Values 46 08-11-2009 05:03 PM
New layout and idea truckasaurus Cabinets, Counter Tops & Furnishings 15 01-29-2009 09:35 AM
27' B tank layout and weight reduction questions pneum0 2000 - 2004 Safari 12 09-13-2004 12:33 PM


Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by the Airstream, Inc. or any of its affiliates. Airstream is a registered trademark of Airstream Inc. All rights reserved. Airstream trademark used under license to Social Knowledge LLC.



All times are GMT -6. The time now is 07:11 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.