Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-29-2019, 05:18 PM   #221
Rivet Master

2018 Interstate Lounge Ext
LV , Nevada
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boxster1971 View Post
The current draws (75-107A) for this 12VDC A/C system means a lot of heavy gauge wiring going to the roof. I'm not sure this is progress...
MIKE - Yeah, while I sorta like the idea of the 12v A/C system but then looking at the current draw for my s/w desert usage environment, I would always be running at 107A for 6 months out of the year. Yikes, wonder what that does to longevity of the unit. I would need that extra 5k btu just to compensate for the heat generated by 107A 100% duty cycle. The disadvantage of the lower voltage. At least with an AC A/C, most of the heavy current draw wiring is under the coach. Plus a retrofit would most likely involve major wall & ceiling teardown, not for the A/C but for the DC
Alex AVI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2019, 06:23 PM   #222
Rivet Master

2005 39' Skydeck 390 SD
Hillsboro , Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boxster1971 View Post
Interesting - something new - thanks for posting. I've always know ProAir for their under-mount units looks like they are expanding. The RV/van A/C market could use more competition. I checked the Coachman and ProAir sites and attached some images below. The interior unit shown in the 360 image on the Coachman site is different than what ProAir has shown on their Facebook page.

Then I found last image attached of the unit Coachman is likely using. It was amoung the photos in the ProAir Facebook pages. The current draws (75-107A) for this 12VDC A/C system means a lot of heavy gauge wiring going to the roof. I'm not sure this is progress...

Thanks for the pictures I just saw it in the Tampa show report from Roadtrekking.
Progress in the for that there are more option and yes I was to aware of the 107amp and it is an issue. There is always the “Australian” option.
Peter
PSchw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2019, 08:50 AM   #223
Rivet Master

2005 39' Skydeck
Alameda , California
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex AVI View Post
At least with an AC A/C, most of the heavy current draw wiring is under the coach. Plus a retrofit would most likely involve major wall & ceiling teardown, not for the A/C but for the DC
Well put!

-Randy
israndy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2019, 10:21 AM   #224
Rivet Master

2024 Interstate 19
Fulton , Maryland
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex AVI View Post
MIKE - Yeah, while I sorta like the idea of the 12v A/C system but then looking at the current draw for my s/w desert usage environment, I would always be running at 107A for 6 months out of the year. Yikes, wonder what that does to longevity of the unit. I would need that extra 5k btu just to compensate for the heat generated by 107A 100% duty cycle. The disadvantage of the lower voltage. At least with an AC A/C, most of the heavy current draw wiring is under the coach. Plus a retrofit would most likely involve major wall & ceiling teardown, not for the A/C but for the DC
ProAir also makes this A/C unit in a 24V model, which might work better. With Volta now offering a 48V system I think that is the way to go in a B-Van. Get the voltages up to reduce weight and eliminate the need to heavy 12V cables.
Previous: 2013 Airstream Interstate 3500 Ext Lounge
Boxster1971 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2019, 04:34 PM   #225
2 Rivet Member

2019 Interstate Grand Tour Ext
Chapel Hill , North Carolina
I have been wanting an Airstream Interstate for years - just did not want such a long vehicle. Thrilled when the Nineteen was introduced but wanted to wait for the new Sprinter chassis. Finally, the time came for me to step up.

On Tuesday, I completed negotiation on a 2020 Airstream Interstate Nineteen in Columbia Walnut/Oyster. Deposit has been made with Airstream of Chicago. I worked with Steve Koche and got what I think is a really good price. Steve was very responsive to all my questions, etc. He is great.

Now I wait...
MLWilcox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2019, 05:03 PM   #226
2 Rivet Member

Dataw Island , South Carolina
Congratulations

Quote:
Originally Posted by MLWilcox View Post
I have been wanting an Airstream Interstate for years - just did not want such a long vehicle. Thrilled when the Nineteen was introduced but wanted to wait for the new Sprinter chassis. Finally, the time came for me to step up.

On Tuesday, I completed negotiation on a 2020 Airstream Interstate Nineteen in Columbia Walnut/Oyster. Deposit has been made with Airstream of Chicago. I worked with Steve Koche and got what I think is a really good price. Steve was very responsive to all my questions, etc. He is great.

Now I wait...
Congratulations, you are going to love it! You have more patience than I do although due to our family situation I needed one last fall. I just placed a deposit on a 2020 AI 19. There is certainly nothing to complain about with my 2019 and if it wasn’t our only vehicle and daily driver I would not trade it. Look forward to exchanging ‘new owner’ stories with you.
skiphoyt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2019, 05:40 PM   #227
Rivet Master

2018 Interstate Lounge Ext
LV , Nevada
Quote:
On Tuesday, I completed negotiation on a 2020 Airstream Interstate Nineteen in Columbia Walnut/Oyster.
MLWILCOX - CONGRATS! Hope to see your review sooner rather than later. Nice interior choice. I am very biased, I have same combo I was worried about the oyster UltraLeather because it is the lightest of any auto furniture I have ever owned in 40 yrs. I felt I made a very big gamble. But a year later with 9,000 miles and 2 grandkids, it looks as good as it was at dealer lot. So this makes me a believer in the UltraLeather low-maintenance hype.
Alex AVI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2019, 02:53 AM   #228
Rivet Master

2014 20' Flying Cloud
Sag Harbor , New York
FYI an interesting new thread re: generator oil dipstick leak, and access/repair difficulties etc.:

http://www.airforums.com/forums/f240...ge-192070.html

FYI
OTRA15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2019, 09:15 PM   #229
3 Rivet Member

Kansas City , Missouri
Quote:

Now I wait...
I just visited Airstream of Chicago a couple of weeks ago while visiting University of Illinois and Northwestern to watch my son compete for tOSU. I really enjoyed my visit and have narrowed down my list to a Airstream Nineteen and Pleasure-Way Ascent.

I spoke and toured with Amber Koche through several units which included a 2019 AI 19' that included 4x4 option. This vehicle is waiting for customer pickup. My question to you since you went threw the process and with the shortage of MB 2500 chassis, what would be a reasonable discount range on MSRP and what is the timeframe to receive your unit?
jhayesas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2019, 05:35 AM   #230
Rivet Master

2007 23' Safari SE
2016 23' International
Fernandina Beach , Florida
Seems a bit early to be debuting the 2020 models, but many of us are eagerly anticipating the release of the specs. In particular, is there any intelligence on which Chassis Upgrades, specifically, the Driver Assistance options, will be included in the new model, and at what uplift in price?
Tomzstream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2019, 05:56 AM   #231
2 Rivet Member

2019 Interstate Grand Tour Ext
Chapel Hill , North Carolina
jhayesas - as far as negotiated pricing, it really is all over the place as to how much dealerships are willing to sell an AI Nineteen for. I shared my negotiated price with Patrick at Colonial and Airstream of Seattle (my sister lives there), they would not touch the price. Arbogast RV May also have lower pricing. I don’t know if that is the difference between the Midwest versus populous East and West coast dealerships. All I know is that Airstream of Chicago is a five rivet dealer and drpeggau seems happy with them.

I am hearing the AI Nineteen will start appearing mid-May. BUT I am not planning any trips based on the mid-May timeframe. Delays happen.

Pleasureway Ascent versus AI Nineteen - I just love the interior fit and finish of the Airstream compared to the Ascent or any other Class B. Once you add all the Ascent options to match the Nineteen options, the price is pretty much the same. The Ascent does have lithium but the batteries are/need to be inside so the storage is reduced significantly under the couch. Although you read on the forum the problems with the Interstate, I suspect Pleasureway has their issues too. They just don’t have a forum presence like Airstream.
MLWilcox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2019, 06:34 AM   #232
3 Rivet Member

Kansas City , Missouri
Quote:
jhayesas - as far as negotiated pricing, it really is all over the place as to how much dealerships are willing to sell an AI Nineteen for. I shared my negotiated price with Patrick at Colonial and Airstream of Seattle (my sister lives there), they would not touch the price. Arbogast RV May also have lower pricing. I don’t know if that is the difference between the Midwest versus populous East and West coast dealerships. All I know is that Airstream of Chicago is a five rivet dealer and drpeggau seems happy with them.

I am hearing the AI Nineteen will start appearing mid-May. BUT I am not planning any trips based on the mid-May timeframe. Delays happen.

Pleasureway Ascent versus AI Nineteen - I just love the interior fit and finish of the Airstream compared to the Ascent or any other Class B. Once you add all the Ascent options to match the Nineteen options, the price is pretty much the same. The Ascent does have lithium but the batteries are/need to be inside so the storage is reduced significantly under the couch. Although you read on the forum the problems with the Interstate, I suspect Pleasureway has their issues too. They just don’t have a forum presence like Airstream.
I agree, I like the fit and finish of the AI 19 over the PW Ascent but with the additional 2 years of warranty and lithium battery, those are nice pluses to me and a couple of other items I consider minor. Are they enough to ignore the fit and finish and interior color options of the AI 19, that's the question I have to answer. The battery inside the unit is a non-issue due to how we plan to use the unit and I like to be a minimalist individual when traveling.

Thanks for the reply, greatly appreciated.
jhayesas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2019, 11:45 AM   #233
1 Rivet Member

2019 19' Tommy Bahama
2018 Atlas
Santa Monica , California
I really want the “Nineteen” and looking for any quidance/experience with negotiating off the msrp because everyone is waiting for the New Chassis?
dzimm247 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2019, 09:44 AM   #234
2 Rivet Member

Naperville , Illinois
US Adventures Naperville Illinois

Yes Steve and Amber are terrific to work with. No pressure whatsoever. I highly recommend them.

Did everyone hear that Hymer/Roadtrek fired everyone last Friday? Company now is in Insolvency! Soooo glad I ended up not buying a Roadtrek. So much for their 6 year warranty!

This may speed up getting chassis but I do know that Amazon ordered 20,000 as delivery vehicles. IVS (innovative vehicle solutions) near Charleston is modifying them. I was there a few weeks ago for a mod myself and they are geniuses!
drpeggau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2019, 10:30 AM   #235
Rivet Master

2007 23' Safari SE
2016 23' International
John, yes, we have been following the RT news closely the last week or so. As a former owner of a RT, I was not that interested in owning one again, but we are still exploring other options based on the new Sprinter platform. While owning one on a 2500 chassis, like the 19, is attractive, we may go Cab Chassis. Lots of options there, including of course the Atlas. Supposedly the 4500 chassis has a vastly larger carrying capacity. I did get word today that LTV is already producing on the new platform (not sure if it is 3500 or 4500), and theirs has all of the "Active" driver assistance stuff I am looking for. They are getting theirs from Germany! I know you preferred that.
Old 02-17-2019, 10:35 AM   #236
Rivet Master

2007 23' Safari SE
2016 23' International
Interestingly, the few RT Agile's I've seen advertised recently did not have any of the Chassis upgrade safety stuff, no BLIS, no lane alert... This seems odd given RT's former penchant for being as advanced as others.
Old 02-17-2019, 12:33 PM   #237
Rivet Master

2024 Interstate 19
Fulton , Maryland
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomzstream View Post
... While owning one on a 2500 chassis, like the 19, is attractive, we may go Cab Chassis. Lots of options there, including of course the Atlas. Supposedly the 4500 chassis has a vastly larger carrying capacity. ...
The new 4500 Sprinter has an additional 1,095 lbs of capacity, with GVWR of 12,125 compared to 3500 at 11,030 lbs. But there is a big trade-off as all the early info indicates the 4500 Sprinter will have a 65 mph governed speed limit.
Previous: 2013 Airstream Interstate 3500 Ext Lounge
Boxster1971 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2019, 05:10 PM   #238
2 Rivet Member

Dataw Island , South Carolina
CZone app
Has anyone figured out how to use the CZone2 iPad app to remotely view and control all the settings on the coach. This is standard on the I 19 and I believe one of the trailers. The setting page on the CZone panel has all the information including password information but...with my limited ‘geek’ knowledge I can’t solve it.....waiting for my grandson’s visit!
skiphoyt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2019, 05:12 PM   #239
Rivet Master

2014 20' Flying Cloud
Sag Harbor , New York
Just noticed your new thread:

http://www.airforums.com/forums/f240...pp-192390.html

Good luck,

Peter
OTRA15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2019, 05:13 PM   #240
2 Rivet Member