Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Blogs > Adventures of Phantom & Bunny
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Winter Travel, full-time streaming
Vol. 1 - Florida & Southeast 11/08
Vol. 2 - the Southwest 11/09
Vol. 3 - The Southeast v.2 11/10
Vol. 4 - Southeast v.3 11/11
Vol. 5 - Southeast v.4 11/12
  1. Old Comment

2012/12/13 - Ochlockonee River State Park, Sopchoppy, FL

love the morning fog shot. Are you heading West? we will be heading South in a couple weeks... watch your back trail. Al and pat
  2. Old Comment

2012/12/09 - Big Lagoon State Park, Pensacola, FL

We thought Jo-Mama's pizza in St Joe lived up to their rave reviews, but it's along drive back into town from St Joseph"s. If you have the Bambi with ya it's easy top park on the big church parking lot on the bay side of the main drag...
  3. Old Comment

2012/11/27 - Clear Springs Campground, Homochitto National Forest, Meadville, MS

We stayed in Clear Springs in January of 2012 on two different occasions and loved it. We are planning to return in January 2013.
  4. Old Comment

2012/03/25 - Lake Delancy East Campground, Ocala National Forest, Salt Springs, FL

Pete, enjoyed catchin up on your whereabouts. Great Pictures as usual.
    Will your northward journey take you anywhere near Montgomery?
    Al
  5. Old Comment

2012/01/03 - Long Pine Key Campground, Everglades National Park, Homestead, FL

Hi Bob... Thank you and glad you enjoy the photos. Nikon D90. We stay at a few state parks, but lately enjoy National Parks & Forests (1/2 price camping! State Parks have elec., water, dump, modern restrooms, etc. prices range from $18 to $44 (in the Keys). Average: 25. National Parks not as many amenities, although some have some elec. Have fun!
  6. Old Comment

2012/01/03 - Long Pine Key Campground, Everglades National Park, Homestead, FL

Great pictures. What camera are you using? Love the nature shots! It looks like you stayed at all state parks. Did you find them to be about the same price and what hook-ups did you have available? Seems like a very affordable way to travel/camp. Again...thanks for the post.

Bob
  7. Old Comment

2011/12/19 - Juniper Spring Campground, Ocala National Forest, Silver Springs, FL

PETE, the blog has been quiet lately. Are you in stealth mode? Really, we won't stalk you again this year...Al & Pat
  8. Old Comment
  9. Old Comment

2011/12/19 - Juniper Spring Campground, Ocala National Forest, Silver Springs, FL

Phantom

Reading your blog about canoeing with the gators and other wildlife sounds like a lot of fun. I hope to be doing what you are doing in a few years; My wife is still working full time, me about half time.

Dan
  10. Old Comment

2011/11/22 - Camel Lake Campground, Apalachicola National Forest, Bristol, FL

test is clear and Times New Roman CAPS

HAPPY BIRTHDAY DONNA!
  11. Old Comment
  12. Old Comment

2011/11/18 - Lake Seminole, Army Corps of Engineers, Chattahoochee, FL

There are some hair-raising stories associated with that area. Everytime we stop around there, I remember them! They're connected to the old prison, etc. A rest area on Highway 10 at Sneads is said to be haunted, etc. I've never been out to the lake, though. Very nice area, though.
  13. Old Comment

2011/04/01 - HOME, Delton, MI

Jan & Larry... Thanks for the kind words. Glad you've enjoyed the blog and photos. We are looking for a used 20'er. You should enjoy yours a great deal. We've only stayed in 1 or 2 RV 'resorts' in our 3 winters on the road. I've always wanted to stay a bit more primitive. It's a matter of how much you're willing to go 'out of your way' to find the places... how much gravel road towing, etc. Donna likes more electricity and nice bathrooms/showers. Best of luck and have fun however you like it!
  14. Old Comment

2011/04/01 - HOME, Delton, MI

Just wanted to thank you for sharing your trip and photos and to let you know we were glad you made it home safely. I admire the way you travel . . . minimally and to state and local parks. My husband and I recently purchased a 20' bambi and hope to do a similar trip next winter, though much shorter. I hope your blog stays up on the forum because we would like to visit some of the same places. We're long time campers, but have never pulled or driven an rv, preferring more remote sites and fewer people. But my husband is 70 now and I'm closing in, so sleeping in a tent on the ground is becoming less desirable. We're looking forward to seeing the country on 4 wheels instead of two (motorcyclists, we are) and in a little more comfort. You've inspired us and shown us that it's not neccessary to travel from rv resort to rv resort to see and experience the real beauty of this amazing country. Thanks for that . .. and happy 'streaming.

Jan Mt Pleasant and Larry Workman
    Arlington, Virginia
  15. Old Comment

2011/03/31 - Big Bone Lick State Park, Union, KY

Yes indeed! Wonderful area! I'm down the way a bit at the Oak Creek Camp off 71/75 junction, and have found a wonderful community! (But be forewarned, these here folk are the real deal... raw. And real - REAL! This 'trailer-hood' rocks! But if'n yur the surface type... than stay outta the creek.) These here folks would benefit greatly by an out-pouring of Airstream affection. Swig by and share some brilliance your Stream brings... and say hey to me, Mr.E, Lot 87, name's Evan. Cheers
  16. Old Comment

2011/03/21 - Skidaway Island State Park, Savannah, GA

Skidaway Is. S.P.

I was there in November and was amazed at the route into the park. I left there and went south to Crooked River S.P. in St. Marys and found the largest infestation of no-see-ums I had ever encountered. They sold a special elixer as a repellent but it only worked for a short period. I was also amazed at the crowd waiting to eat at Paula Dean's restaurant in Savannah. I saw the biggest spider I have ever seen at Skidaway.
  17. Old Comment

2011/03/02 - Juniper Spring Campground, Ocala National Forest, Ocala, FL

we are enjoying the pictures and wishing we hadn't left. In NJ today and they are threatening SNOW. Call me 29 march... Al and Pat
  18. Old Comment

2011/02/28 - Lake Louisa State Park, Clermont, FL

Beautiful pictures. We are in Florida and I am going to mark your page so I can see where we should go to camp next!
    Posted 03-12-2011 at 09:16 AM by Flying Gypsies Flying Gypsies is offline
  19. Old Comment

2011/02/16 - Lake Arbuckle County Park, Frostproof, FL

Hi Pete,
    Enjoyed your latest post with a couple cups at St Joseph's SP. We really enjoyed our short time with you two and hope to see you again. We are home now, but heading North without the stream next week. keep in touch, our return will take us through the Smokies....Al and Pat
  20. Old Comment

2011/02/09 - Kissimmee Prairie Preserve State Park, Okeechobee, FL

This campground was one of my favorite discoveries after leaving paradise park and wandering north/east. Remote and wild, I headed out on my mt bike to the far reaches. It is interesting how much more alert one can be considering the local wildlife is also watching us and wondering how we might taste. Thanks for your comments.
Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by the Airstream, Inc. or any of its affiliates. Airstream is a registered trademark of Airstream Inc. All rights reserved. Airstream trademark used under license to Social Knowledge LLC.