Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > Clubs, Organizations & Associations > WBCCI Forum
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 04-25-2011, 10:59 AM   #721
Rivet Master

1979 23' Safari
1954 29' Liner
Orange , California
Bob,

In the profession, a Review and an Audit are different. The scope is different, the opinion is different, the work is different. What is obtained for $4000, a review or an audit or a compilation?

When the club would spend $27,000 to expel a member, what is $4,000, if it gives the members comfort in the financial statements?

Bill

Quote:
Originally Posted by LI Pets View Post
This subject has been discussed, a Review Audit from an outside independent CPA firm was estimated to be $4,000, on an annual basis
Bill Kerfoot, WBCCI/VAC/CAC/El Camino Real Unit #5223
Just my personal opinion
1973 Dodge W200 PowerWagon, 1977 Lincoln Continental, 2014 Dodge Durango
1979 23' Safari, and 1954 29' Double Door Liner Orange, CA

https://billbethsblog.blogspot.com/
wkerfoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2011, 11:16 AM   #722
Silver Mist

Currently Looking...
Riverhead , New York
That's a review, an audit was estimated at 18K, those are OH costs.

A not for profit really doesn't require or justify an audit in speaking with several firms.

LI Pets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2011, 11:19 AM   #723
Rivet Master

1979 23' Safari
1954 29' Liner
Orange , California
Any not for profit or a not for profit the size of the WBCCI?

Bill

Quote:
That's a review, an audit was estimated at 18K, those are OH costs.

A not for profit really doesn't require or justify an audit in speaking with several firms.
Just my personal opinion

Old 04-25-2011, 11:26 AM   #724
Rivet Master

1961 24' Tradewind
1969 29' Ambassador
1970 21' Globetrotter
Jamestown , Tennessee
I don't have any questions about the honesty of the members/officers handling our finances and would be happy with some kind of an internal review.

I do have concerns about how a lot of it is spent, but an audit would not affect those poor decisions
99 Dodge TD 577K miles

RickDavis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2011, 11:32 AM   #725
Rivet Master

2007 23' International CCD
Lapeer , Michigan
The midwinter IBT rally would be a good reporting to make.

photography
wheel interested is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2011, 11:34 AM   #726
Silver Mist

Currently Looking...
Riverhead , New York
Quote:
Originally Posted by wkerfoot View Post
Any not for profit or a not for profit the size of the WBCCI?

Bill
The size of the WBCCI and activity or number and type of transactions.

Old 04-25-2011, 11:36 AM   #727
Silver Mist

Currently Looking...
Riverhead , New York
Quote:
Originally Posted by wheel interested View Post
The midwinter IBT rally would be a good reporting to make.
Not necessarily, it depends on the fiscal year end I believe.

Old 04-25-2011, 11:39 AM   #728
Rivet Master

2007 23' International CCD
Lapeer , Michigan
I mean I would like to hear a Midwinter IBT rally report. I don't think that is normally given along with the other rally reports. To keep spending in check a review might be advantageous.

photography
wheel interested is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2011, 11:46 AM   #729
Rivet Master

1979 23' Safari
1954 29' Liner
Orange , California
I believe that the club's fiscal year end is June 30. At least that is the date on the annual financial statements which I have received.

The mid year meeting would be a good time for that report.

Bill

Quote:
Not necessarily, it depends on the fiscal year end I believe.

Just my personal opinion

Old 04-25-2011, 12:08 PM   #730
Silver Mist

Currently Looking...
Riverhead , New York
Paul, tell everyone your plan to "give oversight into the spending of the club".

Please be specfic.

Old 04-25-2011, 12:24 PM   #731
Rivet Master

1977 31' Sovereign
1963 26' Overlander
1989 34' Excella
Johnsburg , Illinois
Some visitable of who is getting paid how much might make a good start. Larson bragged at one meeting that "every member is kicking in one dollar for my travel this year". I do not know whether the people viewed that positively. The current president is the person who holds the purse strings for the organization and operates through Cindy and the Treasurer. They usually hold themselves only accountable to themselves and the rest of the traveling EC7 friends.
dwightdi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2011, 01:00 PM   #732
Rivet Master

Bob,

The "Forrest Amendment" would be a good start to the oversight of the spending done by the IBT.

Any other quesetions?
Old 04-25-2011, 01:18 PM   #733
Silver Mist

Currently Looking...
Riverhead , New York
How is that going to control the spending,

I asked what you would do not what Forest did.

Old 04-25-2011, 03:21 PM   #734
3 Rivet Member

1966 17' Caravel
salida , Colorado
ya know when wally rises from the dead to lead his followers back to africa you all are gonna get left behind and forced to tow sob's
btw am i to understand that some of the higher ups in this here little club get paid to travel?......can i be president?
cojer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2011, 04:09 PM   #735
4 Rivet Member

2017 23' International
Ridgefield , Washington
Quote:
Originally Posted by RickDavis View Post
I throw my support behind "the radical few "who I believe are truly concerned about saving the WBCCI , The club that has lost 80% of it's membership over the last 34 years. The radical few are still dues paying members.
Can this figure of 80% loss be confirmed, further defined and / or explained with a demographic analysis?

The foundations of all associations are relationships, without which we diminish our potential to self serving control. Having read so many comments on various threads pertaining to the legislative restructuring of the WBCCI, I am struck with seems to be a loss of significant relationships beyond the unit cadre and its members, where seemingly the embodiment of the WBCCI really lies.

Has the integrity of the unit member relationships degraded to the point where it reflects such a drastic membership loss, and if so, why? The reasons have to be other than legislative issues.

In one of these pertinent threads, someone stated that the WBCCI was "not providing what the membership wanted". I simply asked, "what does the membership really want?". I am posting that inquiry again.

I am saddened to see conflict within this august organization. Having served in two wars, witnessed as well the destructive implosion and loss of our church because of personality conflicts, and having been in several leadership positions to solidify the belief that compromise is a result of constructive concessions, I would hope that the WBCCI leadership and its members can reach significant resolution of their differences.

"A man has to live with himself and he should see to it that he always has good company". C.E. Hughes

Zigi
Zigidachs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2011, 04:22 PM   #736
Rivet Master

1979 23' Safari
1954 29' Liner
Orange , California
All I can tell you is that at one time there were over 25,000 members in WBCCI, now there are less than 6,000 members.

Bill

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zigidachs View Post
Can this figure of 80% loss be confirmed, further defined and / or explained with a demographic analysis?

The foundations of all associations are relationships, without which we diminish our potential to self serving control. Having read so many comments on various threads pertaining to the legislative restructuring of the WBCCI, I am struck with seems to be a loss of significant relationships beyond the unit cadre and its members, where seemingly the embodiment of the WBCCI really lies.

Has the integrity of the unit member relationships degraded to the point where it reflects such a drastic membership loss, and if so, why? The reasons have to be other than legislative issues.

In one of these pertinent threads, someone stated that the WBCCI was "not providing what the membership wanted". I simply asked, "what does the membership really want?". I am posting that inquiry again.

I am saddened to see conflict within this august organization. Having served in two wars, witnessed as well the destructive implosion and loss of our church because of personality conflicts, and having been in several leadership positions to solidify the belief that compromise is a result of constructive concessions, I would hope that the WBCCI leadership and its members can reach significant resolution of their differences.

"A man has to live with himself and he should see to it that he always has good company". C.E. Hughes

Zigi
Just my personal opinion

Old 04-25-2011, 04:26 PM   #737
Moderator dude

1966 26' Overlander
Phoenix , Arizona
ZIGI,

An ex-member wants the spending to stop. Spending more than you have for more than one calender year is a sure sign that the people in control of the spending either don't care or don't know. Either one is a problem.

>>>>>>Action
Old 04-25-2011, 06:11 PM   #738
Silver Mist

Currently Looking...
Riverhead , New York
Bill you are correct it is June 30th,

Old 04-26-2011, 05:57 AM   #739
Rivet Master

1961 24' Tradewind
1969 29' Ambassador
1970 21' Globetrotter
Jamestown , Tennessee
Quote:

Somewhere in my files I have a graph of the membership numbers. The trailer numbers peaked in the 30,000 area in the 70's even with old numbers being reissued. My orignal number from 1973 was 27089.
As a rough confirmation of the drop look at the list of International rallies in the front of your membership directory.

The biggest International was Louisville in 1976 with 4493 trailers.
Last year in Gillette was about 715. A drop in attendance of 84%.

My first International was the first Bozeman rally in 1973, attendance 3909.
I also was at the last Bozeman rally in 2008. Attendance 871. A drop of 78%

The numbers speak for themselves.. Undoubtedly there are more Airstreams on the road today than there were in 76 Yet membership and international attendance are down in the area of 80%

The conclusion that the club is not providing what people want is unavoidable.

Defining what needs to be done is a little more difficult.
99 Dodge TD 577K miles

RickDavis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2011, 09:26 AM   #740
4 Rivet Member

2017 23' International
Ridgefield , Washington
Quote:
Originally Posted by RickDavis View Post
Somewhere in my files I have a graph of the membership numbers. The trailer numbers peaked in the 30,000 area in the 70's even with old numbers being reissued. My orignal number from 1973 was 27089.
As a rough confirmation of the drop look at the list of International rallies in the front of your membership directory.

The biggest International was Louisville in 1976 with 4493 trailers.
Last year in Gillette was about 715. A drop in attendance of 84%.

My first International was the first Bozeman rally in 1973, attendance 3909.
I also was at the last Bozeman rally in 2008. Attendance 871. A drop of 78%

The numbers speak for themselves.. Undoubtedly there are more Airstreams on the road today than there were in 76 Yet membership and international attendance are down in the area of 80%

The conclusion that the club is not providing what people want is unavoidable.

Defining what needs to be done is a little more difficult.
I have a hunch that the erosion in membership is more related to societal changes than leadership or legislative issues in the WBCCI.

Back in the 70's we were "joiners"---organizations from Scouting, church groups, Red Cross, fraternities, clubs of all kinds----because we "needed" each other for camaraderie, education, and support. Today we shy away from becoming "members" in organizations, probably for many reasons, among which is that the organization "takes something out of us" that perhaps at the time we are not willing or able to provide, such as time, money or effort. In general, people today are much more introverted and tend to be loners rather than joiners.

Over the years I have chaired many committees and when you volunteer or are elected to an office, others seem to be more than willing to let you do all the work as long as they don't have to be bothered and the necessary tasks are completed satisfactorily. I chaired one committee for over 30 years (!) and when I tried to pass on the responsibility, the most often heard refrain was: " I don't have time".

So those who are left in the WBCCI are the "true" joiners and love the camaraderie of the club. It might be necessary to streamline the administrative aspects of the organization even more to meet the needs of the current and dedicated membership. "Times---they are a changin' " rings true..........

Thanks again for the feedback.......Be safe, be well, be happy.....Zigi
Zigidachs is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
constitution, wbcci