Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-09-2011, 08:12 AM   #1
Silver Mist

Currently Looking...
Riverhead , New York
Lightbulb WBCCI New Constitution

I thought that the two primary threads

WBCCI Bylaws/Constitution suggestions/recommendations

An Amendment to the WBCCI Constitution

are being intermingled this may help the flow of the primary issue.

LI Pets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2011, 08:13 AM   #2
Rivet Master

Currently Looking...
Mantua , Ohio
You are correct, I messed up. zz
xrvr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2011, 08:47 AM   #3
Silver Mist

Currently Looking...
Riverhead , New York
Quote:
Originally Posted by wheel interested View Post
From the fewer registrations signed up for this year at DuQuoin I wonder how many units will not have a delegate or alternate present at all. Of those present I wonder how many will be instructed by their units to vote their conscience?
They really must be free to vote with their conscience for a meaningful meeting IMO.

Quote:
... the delegate meeting seem to fit its bill as a delegates meeting when the agenda and meeting is led and presided over by the EC. Here we face an even stickier wicket, yet again originating not from membership, but originating from the Executive Committee and may attempt to dissolve the checks and balance of the deliberative body of delegates entirely in exchange for a single vote 1M1V.
Not the case at all in the New!

Quote:
Instead of proposing amendments you will each get your individual vote upon the ones that are presented for you to vote upon. And while they are at it they may remove that "not necessary" method of passing amendments circumventing the IBT too.
That is not correct, any member may originate.....

Quote:
Afterall we asked for a smaller body of leadership and its for sure the EC is not agreeable to eliminating themselves or relegating any of their power. And as has been the WBCCI gold row standard, your only choice will be to choose what they want to give you to choose from. That's our free election system.
It will be smaller with less power of the IBT.

Any member can make a motion.

Old 02-09-2011, 08:51 AM   #4
Rivet Master

2007 23' International CCD
Lapeer , Michigan
You've come far pilgrim, being in charge of the new constitution of the entire WBCCI and answering and fielding all questions yourself at the only game in town. And we all line up to ask. So here's another...

But how do we discuss the constitution? Only you know what it says and we can only be told we are right or we are wrong or we should wait.
wheel interested is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2011, 10:24 AM   #5
Silver Mist

Currently Looking...
Riverhead , New York
Carol be nice, civility aside on your part it would be better to wait than make non productive statements.

Old 02-09-2011, 10:52 AM   #6
Rivet Master

1981 27' Excella II
mays landing , South Jersey
I realize that I am just a dues paying member, but I ould like to read the new Constitution. With all that goes into these threads, how hard would it be to post it here? Sal.
TAC N.J. 17
WBCCI 24740
noreen&sal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2011, 10:55 AM   #7
Rivet Master

Lapeer , Michigan
Quote:
Originally Posted by LI Pets View Post
Carol be nice, civility aside on your part it would be better to wait than make non productive statements.
UM that's what I just said, asking you why you started this new thread for constitution discussion. since you tell us to wait. Sometimes if we guess right you say so. Sometimes if we guess wrong you say so. Sometimes you drop an announcement and sometimes you say we should just wait until the constitution is made available. I'm SO confused.

Tell us if you will the procedure for a member making an amendment in the new constitution. That is productive and germane. Are there plans to eliminate the section that allowed Forrest to submit his amendment as well as the dissolution of the body of delegates?

I said,
Quote:
Instead of proposing amendments you will each get your individual vote upon the ones that are presented for you to vote upon. And while they are at it they may remove that "not necessary" method of passing amendments circumventing the IBT too.
You said,

Quote:
"That is not correct, any member may originate."
And as long as we have copied much of my post from the other thread I might as well copy it in it's entirety here too.

Quote:
From the fewer registrations signed up for this year at DuQuoin I wonder how many units will not have a delegate or alternate present at all. Of those present I wonder how many will be instructed by their units to vote their conscience? Who was it that said that the only ones left will be the segment of passive membership that will agree with leadership no matter what? Boondocker? He may well be right. The convention doesn't fit the fun fellowship or adventure or affordability criteria of most members. Neither does the delegate meeting seem to fit its bill as a delegates meeting when the agenda and meeting is led and presided over by the EC. Here we face an even stickier wicket, yet again originating not from membership, but originating from the Executive Committee and may attempt to dissolve the checks and balance of the deliberative body of delegates entirely in exchange for a single vote 1M1V. More deals? Feeling lucky?? Instead of proposing amendments you will each get your individual vote upon the ones that are presented for you to vote upon. And while they are at it they may remove that "not necessary" method of passing amendments circumventing the IBT too. Afterall we asked for a smaller body of leadership and its for sure the EC is not agreeable to eliminating themselves or relegating any of their power. And has been the WBCCI gold row standard, your only choice will be to choose what they want to give you to choose from. That's our free election system.
Old 02-09-2011, 11:14 AM   #8
Rivet Master

1979 23' Safari
1954 29' Liner
Orange , California
Last week, Beth and I attended the WBCCI Hobo Rally for the second straight year. Yeah, I know, how can anyone with a brain do that, but we enjoyed the laid back week in beautiful, downtown Blythe, CA. On Saturday, John Boutwell, I3VP, spoke on the revised constitution and the bylaws revision committee’s work.

Mr. Boutwell stated the following:
1) The committee had one, final meeting scheduled on Monday, February 7 and expected to complete their work a few days later
2) He has proposed that the revised constitution should then be released to the entire membership for review and comments.
3) All member comments would be reviewed and any changes incorporated into the final revision, which would be released to the units no later than April 1, for unit approval or rejection. Final vote will be at the delegates meeting in DuQuoin.
4) At the delegates meeting, the new constitution will be discussed one article at a time. After all articles are discussed, the new constitution will be voted on.

Mr. Boutwell summarized the report from the revision committee as follows:
1) The new constitution eliminates the grievance process with a code of conduct
2) There is a leaner structure, smaller executive committee and fewer regions, therefore a smaller IBT
3) Reduce time in office for region officers, longer term for Treasurer and Secretary
4) Direct member voting for constitutional amendments and officers and voting rights for MAL
5) Greater flexibility in setting International Rally dates.
6) MALs will be eligible for International and Intra-Club offices.

The revised constitution will be released with four components for review: 1) the existing article, 2) a marked up article, 3) rationale for changes and 4) the revised article.

Bill
Bill Kerfoot, WBCCI/VAC/CAC/El Camino Real Unit #5223
Just my personal opinion
1973 Dodge W200 PowerWagon, 1977 Lincoln Continental, 2014 Dodge Durango
1979 23' Safari, and 1954 29' Double Door Liner Orange, CA

https://billbethsblog.blogspot.com/
wkerfoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2011, 11:23 AM   #9
Rivet Master

Lapeer , Michigan
I would be very interested in this new code of conduct. Our current grievance process allows for both sides to make a defense in person before an assembly and body of their peers. I would like to know the ramifications of eliminating the current process but adding this code of conduct. What happens if it is deemed that a member or leader is found to be outside of the code of conduct and who makes that determination since grievances will no longer be filed? Also what remedy will exist if any and who would be in jurisdiction of its application?

Formerly this code of ethics was not in our constitution. This will put it in the constitution and some may think eliminating the grievance policy would avoid the problems we have experienced in the past when in fact it may well exacerbate them giving full discretion to a party or parties without due recourse for the alleged violator.

Any this for that additions should be carefully considered as a possible rose by any other name, only maybe not so sweet as it would appear.
Old 02-09-2011, 11:47 AM   #10
Rivet Master

Southwestern , Ohio
Question What about the Bylaws?

Quote:
It is important to understand that the Constitution and its Bylaws are a very integrated package, where any change, even a small one, can have unintended consequences in one, two or five other areas .
When are the proposed new Bylaws going to be revealed to the members?

Since we have it on good authority (see above) that the Constitution and Bylaws are tightly integrated, the members obviously need to see both to form an informed opinion of the proposed new Constitution.
Nuvite-F is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2011, 11:49 AM   #11
Master of Universe

2008 25' Safari FB SE
Grand Junction , Colorado
Standards of conduct may refer to the fiduciary responsibilities and duties of the members of the board—IBT and/or EC in this case.

Bylaws (called "constitution" by the WBCCI) now usually have a conflicts of interest section as well. Including standards of conduct and conflicts of interest in recent years shows a desire to make the directors and members aware of their ethical and legal duties.

Grievances can mean many things. It can be grievances by an employee against employers or between members or staff (one member may be an officer or director). It most often has to do with employees and the rules would generally be found in an employee handbook. Grievance law may also be found in state statutes. Bylaws usually have a provision to expel a member and it is usually a very complicated process. Here too state statutes may regulate this procedure to require due process. These threads usually use "grievance" to mean expulsion of a member rather than an employee grievance against a supervisor or another employee.

Gene
Gene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2011, 11:54 AM   #12
Rivet Master

1979 23' Safari
1954 29' Liner
Orange , California
John Boutwell stated that the bylaws will not be revised until the constitution is approved. If rejected, there will, of course, be no revision. If the constitution is revised, there will be a new model constitution for the units.

Bill

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuvite-F View Post
When are the proposed new Bylaws going to be revealed to the members?

Since we have it on good authority (see above) that the Constitution and Bylaws are tightly integrated, the members obviously need to see both to form an informed opinion of the proposed new Constitution.
Just my personal opinion

Old 02-09-2011, 12:42 PM   #13
Silver Mist

Currently Looking...
Riverhead , New York
Quote:
Originally Posted by noreen View Post
I realize that I am just a dues paying member, but I ould like to read the new Constitution. With all that goes into these threads, how hard would it be to post it here? Sal.
It is too large because of all the versions, original, changes, result and rational. About 45 pages.

But the finished doc will be smaller and streamlined.

Old 02-09-2011, 12:45 PM   #14
Rivet Master

1979 23' Safari
1954 29' Liner
Orange , California
I would hope, and I stated to Mr. Boutwell, that the revised constitution in the four parts will be posted on the WBCCI site.

Bill

Quote:
It is too large because of all the versions, original, changes, result and rational. About 45 pages.

But the finished doc will be smaller and streamlined.
Just my personal opinion

Old 02-09-2011, 03:45 PM   #15
Silver Mist

Currently Looking...
Riverhead , New York
The April issue has a Feb 15th deadline for copy, the committee has finished the final draft and is now in a final proof read.

Therefore, we should be able to get in for April IMO.

Old 02-09-2011, 05:43 PM   #16
Rivet Master

Aurora , Colorado
Quote:
The April issue has a Feb 15th deadline for copy, the committee has finished the final draft and is now in a final proof read.

Therefore, we should be able to get in for April IMO.
And will there be a Constitution and Bylaws Committee report (letter of recommendation) to go with it?
Old 02-09-2011, 05:45 PM   #17
Rivet Master

1979 23' Safari
1954 29' Liner
Orange , California
Since this is a change to the existing constitution, there should be as that is the problem with your motion, as I understand the meetings.

Bill

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forrest View Post
And will there be a Constitution and Bylaws Committee report (letter of recommendation) to go with it?
Just my personal opinion

Old 02-09-2011, 05:52 PM   #18
Rivet Master

OK, we got the vital information on constitutional debut. Why in the world does an RV CLub have/need a 45 page constiution?. Why is the "Code of Conduct" listed first, by chance or numerical order?. This shall be interesting reading. Good question, Forrest, will there be a letter of recommendation from the C&BL. Does the new constitution allow for a C&BL committee?
‘62 Overlander 26 ft. ATW Yeager trailer #5289
"62 Airstream 22ft. ATW Hall trailer #83,’90 SQ Sream, ‘06 Bambi Q/S, Prevost Featherlite 45ft, GMC/ Bigfoot camper
Coloradobus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2011, 05:55 PM   #19
Rivet Master

1979 23' Safari
1954 29' Liner
Orange , California
I assume that the Code of Conduct question is directed to me. It is the first item mentioned by Mr. Boutwell, I don't know the significance of the order.

Bill

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coloradobus View Post
OK, we got the vital information on constitutional debut. Why in the world does an RV CLub have/need a 45 page constiution?. Why is the "Code of Conduct" listed first, by chance or numerical order?. This shall be interesting reading. Good question, Forrest, will there be a letter of recommendation from the C&BL. Does the new constitution allow for a C&BL committee?
Just my personal opinion

Old 02-09-2011, 06:08 PM   #20
Rivet Master

Well, the current Bluebook uses alot of ink on how to drive a member out of the club. Let us count the ways. If this is the case, too bad there isn't more ink used in keeping 'em.
‘62 Overlander 26 ft. ATW Yeager trailer #5289
"62 Airstream 22ft. ATW Hall trailer #83,’90 SQ Sream, ‘06 Bambi Q/S, Prevost Featherlite 45ft, GMC/ Bigfoot camper
Coloradobus is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
constitution, wbcci