Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > The Rally Zone > WBCCI Rallies & Events
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 11-12-2006, 08:42 AM   #121
4 Rivet Member

1961 16' Bambi
Mancos , Colorado
Send a message via Skype™ to AirstreamGypsy
Really Looking Forward

way forward. I don't usually plan this far in advance.

Plan? oh what a word.

Just wanted to say thanks to azflycaster. I've been gone since the 22nd and come back to find a full blown rally.

Looking forward to meeting everyone. Remember all. I have Courtesy Parking so if you need a place to stop next to Mesa Verde on the way you are welcome.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AirstrmGypsy
It's only 433 miles from my house. But really, who knows where I'll really be coming from. Can't wait for the sendoff party for FCU!
Quote:
I took a look at the pictures on your site of you building your house, what a great project. Reminds me of the Dennis Weaver house in New Mexico. We have driven by that area numerous times on the way to Durango and other places. Your house story will make great fireside conversation. Looking forward to meeting you.
My Earthship
AirstreamGypsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2006, 08:53 AM   #122
Mom scared by aluminum

Currently Looking...
Phoenix , Arizona
Quote:
Originally Posted by uwe
I would love to attend also. Will do my darndest to make it. It's a very busy time of year for me.
Is there good cell service at that location? Does anybody know? I have Verizon. Keeping in touch with the office might make it easier to get away.
Uwe,
I also have Verizon and it seems to have pretty good coverage up and down I-17, although I haven't tried it at that park. If not I'm sure you could make a short trek to Sedona and get through. Would be great to meet you after following all your hard work and listening to you on the VAP.
dmaiden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2006, 10:49 PM   #123
3 Rivet Member

2007 23' International CCD
Hemet , California
February = still winter = tarantulas are cold-blooded, i.e., cannot regulate body temperature = cold weather = no tarantulas jumping out of trees

Being a biology teacher I have collected and kept numerous tarantulas in the past, several lasted 7 to 10 years in an aquarium (no water) in my classroom. I have even had one poop on my hand during a parent's night!! The parents were very impressed .
I will try to locate a few if you want....bring them to Arizona.

We Californians will have to try to figure out where we will be and at what time in order to "meet up" and form the CA aluminum brigade to AZ.
I'm thinking heading out the 10 from Banning, being there around 4pm or a bit earlier depending on getaway time.
Of course, we (wife and I) could go to Barstow (my place of growing up) but that would be adding mileage to the trip.
Still time to think on this.....
"The key to flexibility is indecision"
GoldFever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2006, 10:53 PM   #124
2 Rivet Member

2007 25' Safari FB SE
Out in the middle of nowhere , California
Quote:
Originally Posted by gnorgan
Being a biology teacher I have collected and kept numerous tarantulas in the past, several lasted 7 to 10 years in an aquarium (no water) in my classroom. I have even had one poop on my hand during a parent's night!! The parents were very impressed .
I will try to locate a few if you want....bring them to Arizona.
How nice of you Gnorgan, but don't feel obligated to bring the little darlings. Let them stay right where there are (no where near me). Did I say that outloud?
crkwolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2006, 06:42 AM   #125
2 Rivet Member

2006 22' Safari
Escondido , California
Flitzwhopper - Mike: You may not be the only Argosy. If my wife decides not to come along, (slim chance of that happening on this rally), I will bring SnorkyII, the Argosy. If she comes along then I have to bring the Airstream.
Sam
AIR #13642
18 Ram 1500, 06 Safari 22
SnorkyII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2006, 06:54 AM   #126
Site Team

2002 25' Safari
Dewey , Arizona
It is great to see all of the people signing up for this rally. Please don't forget to fill out the registration form and get it back to me.

BTW, I took this picture of and interesting site at the park last year. It's a 1963 Bambi that is owned by the ranger in charge of the park.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	63bambi.JPG
Views:	136
Size:	192.8 KB
ID:	28716  

Richard

Wally Byam Airstream Club 7513
azflycaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2006, 11:29 PM   #127
3 Rivet Member

Hemet , California
Been thinking about this "rallye" this evening. No way we'll get there Friday night so will plan on stopping maybe in Quartzite. Get up Saturday and drive the rest of the way and arrive possibly by noon....
So we'll be sending money for two nights, Saturday and Sunday. We may stay another night and head home by way of Kingman or ???
Looking forward to this "big event". 20 so far signed on??? Wow!! This is almost like a WB national thingy.
Anyone do gold prospecting for fun??? Talk to me....we can find nuggets out there somewhere!!!
Old 11-22-2006, 04:48 AM   #128
Site Team

2002 25' Safari
Dewey , Arizona
Gary - I will work with the park to make your two nights to be Saturday and Sunday. I think it will be ok, they are very flexable. BTW, the list I now have has 25 names on it. I think we will get there on Thursday and most likely stay untill Monday (Presidents day). Anyone else who wants to extend an extra day can make arangements at the park.

BTW, Cottonwood is a small "old town" city ( around 15,000 people) that also has a few big stores if anyone needs to pick something up. They have a Safeway and even a Wally World is just down the road. The park is just north of the city on the other side of the Verde River. Last time I camped at this site (TCT rally) someone had a pizza delivered (cell phone order) to the camp site.

It gets very dark at night due to the lack of big city lights. The weekend of the rally we will have a new moon. Night sky viewing will be fantastic!
C U there!

Richard

Old 11-22-2006, 03:23 PM   #129
Rivet Master

Nipomo , California
The check's in the mail.

BTW, will there be a prize for persons traveling the longest distance to attend?

Bowlus Road Chief "Endymion"
BMW X3 xDrive 28D
myoung is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2006, 08:33 AM   #130
Site Team

2002 25' Safari
Dewey , Arizona
Glad that you can make it.

That is a great idea. I think I will have everyone tuen in their mileage when they arrive. Based on the cities listed in the forum you would be in second place. We have one trailer from Washington, but I think they winter in Arizona. Miles should be based upon travel to the event, I think. You could always get lost to build up a few extra miles. Currently, based upon some very rough numbers, we will have well over 10,000 miles traveled just to get to the rally!

I think we should also have something for the oldest trailer and maybe have everyone vote for the "best" trailer. I have also received some very nice donations from some of the vendors on the forums. They will be given away during the pot luck. Does anyone else have any ideas in this area?

Richard

Old 11-29-2006, 12:35 PM   #131
Site Team

2002 25' Safari
Dewey , Arizona
If you have been following the Florida Can Opener Rally thread, they have mapped out all of the parking spots for the rally. Not to be out done, I want to post our parking assignments. Below is the camping area, when you get to the park, pick a spot.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	loop.jpg
Views:	131
Size:	57.0 KB
ID:	29167  

Richard

Old 11-29-2006, 01:29 PM   #132
Rivet Master

2005 25' International CCD
1954 22' Flying Cloud
1957 22' Flying Cloud
Simi Valley , California
in regards to door prizes.... the following make sense to me...

best dressed, including but not limited to best use of starch.
best over decorated trailer, w/o using red velvet.
smallest pocket dog, not having the name bob.
best behaved cat, w/ bells on the collar.
largest stockpile of beer / wine / spirits.
best BBQ, cooked on site.

is this working?

kevbo

ps i agree with the 90 second business meeting rule... seems rather long.
Kevbo10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2006, 01:33 PM   #133
Mom scared by aluminum

Currently Looking...
Phoenix , Arizona
Quote:
Originally Posted by azflycaster
Glad that you can make it.

That is a great idea. I think I will have everyone tuen in their mileage when they arrive. Based on the cities listed in the forum you would be in second place. We have one trailer from Washington, but I think they winter in Arizona. Miles should be based upon travel to the event, I think. You could always get lost to build up a few extra miles. Currently, based upon some very rough numbers, we will have well over 10,000 miles traveled just to get to the rally!

I think we should also have something for the oldest trailer and maybe have everyone vote for the "best" trailer. I have also received some very nice donations from some of the vendors on the forums. They will be given away during the pot luck. Does anyone else have any ideas in this area?

How about we have a polishing contest using my trailer? Person with the biggest shiniest spot gets a prize. Our check also, is in the mail. At least I think it is. It's tough being away from home so much.
dmaiden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2006, 05:54 PM   #134
Site Team

2002 25' Safari
Dewey , Arizona
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevbo10
in regards to door prizes.... the following make sense to me...

best dressed, including but not limited to best use of starch.
best over decorated trailer, w/o using red velvet.
smallest pocket dog, not having the name bob.
best behaved cat, w/ bells on the collar.
largest stockpile of beer / wine / spirits.
best BBQ, cooked on site.

is this working?

kevbo

ps i agree with the 90 second business meeting rule... seems rather long.
How many prizes do you want? Why not one for the tallest cowboy while you are at it? I figure you would get at least 4 of the above.

Richard

Old 11-29-2006, 05:56 PM   #135
Site Team

2002 25' Safari
Dewey , Arizona
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmaiden
How about we have a polishing contest using my trailer? Person with the biggest shiniest spot gets a prize. Our check also, is in the mail. At least I think it is. It's tough being away from home so much.
I think you better look at the oficial rules.
Rule 1. All polishing contests will use the hosts trailer for polishing. The good news is that it just needs a re polish at this time.....

Richard

Old 11-29-2006, 11:56 PM   #136
Rivet Master

1963 19' Globetrotter
Laguna Beach , California
Squeeze me in please?

Alright now....I just can't miss out on this one! The 4CU sounds like my style, I was looking for the ADVENTURE, clear skies...hey does anyone have one of those BIG telescopes ???

Debs

https://www.debraschottfineart.blogspot.com
Babeebloos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2006, 05:59 AM   #137
Vintage Alum. Enthusiast

1959 24' Tradewind
Phoenix , Arizona
Sure we can squeeze you in. The more the merrier. I see you've added your name to the list of attendees. Looking forward to meeting you in Cottonwood. Welcome.

Brad
FF

I'm haunted by aluminum.
Charter Member of the 4 Corners Unit.
flyfshr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2006, 10:18 PM   #138
3 Rivet Member

Hemet , California
"It gets very dark at night due to the lack of big city lights. The weekend of the rally we will have a new moon. Night sky viewing will be fantastic!"

Richard, if the night sky is this good I will bring along at least one big telescope. I've got a Celestron CG-11 and a 13.5inch Dobsonian reflector. Probably bring one or the other because they take up a bit of space. Anyone else have telescopes and/or interest in astronomy?

Will have to send in some $$ for Saturday and Sunday nights tomorrow.....
Old 12-01-2006, 12:15 PM   #139
aproned dad

1968 17' Caravel
Carmichael , California
We would have jumped at this opportunity to sign up. But wife's big step-up in her career is taking the whole family to Sacramento in January next year. That plus I was adrift from this little online universe since March, didn't know that this Four Corner thing was born like a new star. Congrats and please have a beer or more for this would-have-been member.

Ricky
roamingwesty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2006, 01:13 PM   #140
Vintage Alum. Enthusiast

1959 24' Tradewind
Phoenix , Arizona
Ricky ~

You can still be a member without attending this rally. There are a number of us trying to form a new unit called the 4 Corners Unit within WBCCI and we'll get an answer on our proposal in January when the Int'l Board of Trustees (IBT) meets. We'd be glad to have you join us as a member. Stay tuned.

Brad
FF

I'm haunted by aluminum.
Charter Member of the 4 Corners Unit.
flyfshr is offline   Reply With Quote