Old 09-05-2010, 01:46 PM   #99
Rivet Master

2007 23' International CCD
Lapeer , Michigan
Perhaps a change in content and style would increase advertising. I don't know how they fared on their subscription only offer for those without Airstreams of $20.00 a year. But if the magazine was more travel adventure, trailer and vintage related then instead of targeting non-Airstream owners for membership as a possible option for increased revenue the club could target non-member magazine subscriptions and everyone would win from the readership's improved content to the club's inceased profit and revenue. The interest in the new high quality magazine with a new face and perception (i.e new horizons and new direction) might even bring more Airstream members to the club and interested public to the rally open houses which could also be a source of revenue. It's another win win situation making the events and vendors more prominent and energizing and it's all working with what we already have and do but taking it up a notch and redirecting the rationales. The merious award section and rally coupons could be called the appendex available online as a separate addendum for members and printed version available upon request , with or without a fee. Let's face it aside from the people seeing themselves and their awards, there is limited appeal for such consumption by others. I think that would make the Blue Beret much more marketable, perhaps allowing the appendex to retain the Blue Beret name and change the name of the publication that is more widely distributed and profitable rather than the club's name to make it more profitable.

photography
wheel interested is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2010, 06:32 AM   #100
Silver Mist

1977 31' Sovereign
Riverhead , New York
Agree.

What ever happened to some sort of collaboration with Rich Lurh Airstream Life?

If there was a way get Rich to authorize a few articles to be included in BB,
not sure if that would infringe on his subscriptions.

Or out of 6,000 members a call for contributions.

LI Pets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2010, 06:42 AM   #101
Rivet Master

1977 31' Sovereign
1963 26' Overlander
1989 34' Excella
Johnsburg , Illinois
Rich came to the Madison Rally last year and the leaders talked with him. The reason the negotiations broke down was not revealed, but there was no agreement and he left.
Old 09-06-2010, 07:57 AM   #102
Rivet Master

Lapeer , Michigan
I think it's because the WBCCI is not headed the same direction that Airstream Incorporated or Airstream Life wants to be headed. Perhaps it should be a wake-up call for WBCCI that others are wanting to distance or disassociate themselves from the old order club. Perhaps a little angst and self examination could put the WBCCI on the road to gaining popularity. How have those entities moved forward and how have they begun to market and target their new demographic and supporters? Now ask yourself what if anything has WBCCI done to capture the attention and market of younger Airstream owners?

photography
Old 09-06-2010, 08:09 AM   #103
Silver Mist

1977 31' Sovereign
Riverhead , New York
Well that past IP's may not have addressed that issue with enthusiasm.

They hired the ad agency supposedly to attempt that?

What does everyone think are the most important factors in accomplishing that goal?

Old 09-06-2010, 08:32 AM   #104
Rivet Master

Lapeer , Michigan
I think the things that contribute to the most popular rallies are key to tracking what the successful trends are. What was Vintage Jam like and Alumapalooza? How about the Birthday Bash or Air Schuler or Air Pocono or the Capetown to Cairo Caravan or Nova leader's Into the Wilds event? There are the 4CU events and more. What is common to these events?...they are in different localities and different in structure and perhaps different demographics but what they each have in common is a unique and exciting experience. And what typically does WBCCI offer? "This is the way it has always been done." Precisely the point and source of contention! and the reason not to run the unit in those same ways as they existed for decades any more! If you want new members than you have to figure out how to take them where they've never been before. Worn out places and worn out faces won't get them where they want to go. So do anything but do something to make a stab at spontaneity and a different venue. Even mistakes could be more productive than reinforcing old worn out agendas and activities.

photography
Old 09-06-2010, 11:00 AM   #105
Commercial Member

1967 30' Sovereign
Bosque Farms , New Mexico
I think it important to keep delivery of BB separate from BB content itself.

As far as concent is concerned, there are, after all, those who would point out that the BB is presumably nothing more than a newsletter listing of upcoming events, not a magazine per se. (Personally, I think that the content is fine, but it might be worthwhile for the WBCCI to consider delivering a column in Airstream Life.)

As for Carol's view:
Quote:
I think the things that contribute to the most popular rallies are key to tracking what the successful trends are. What was Vintage Jam like and Alumapalooza? How about the Birthday Bash or Air Schuler or Air Pocono or the Capetown to Cairo Caravan or Nova leader's Into the Wilds event? There are the 4CU events and more. What is common to these events?...they are in different localities and different in structure and perhaps different demographics but what they each have in common is a unique and exciting experience. And what typically does WBCCI offer? "This is the way it has always been done." Precisely the point and source of contention! ...
Unique and exciting is actally a pretty variable term. We've had more "traditional" WBCCI units here for rallies and less formal visits as well as less "traditional" ones. Those taking part seemed to enjoy what they were doing in all cases. And that is the key point: The WBCCI is a really big tent, and different units in that tent have very, very different personalities. It's been stated before and will surely be pointed out again that folks need to join a unit that presents the best fit for their own lifestyles.

Lynn
Old 09-06-2010, 11:56 AM   #106
Rivet Master

1986 32' Excella
Aurora , Colorado
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by eubank View Post
Bob, I'd like to know the status of Forrest's proposal here:

http://www.airforums.com/forums/f286...ion-59520.html

Ah, maybe I should just ask Forrest?

Forrest, what's the status of the change you proposed?

Lynn
Five of seven units in Region 11 have reported passing the motion! I expect that the motion will leave the Region 11 Rally in Gallup, NM this coming October 6-11 and go directly to HQ in Jackson Center. From there the one year clock starts and it will be sent to units throughout the rest of the country for their vote.
Old 09-07-2010, 10:22 AM   #107
Silver Mist

1977 31' Sovereign
Riverhead , New York
Anyone have any suggestions/recommendations relating to the standing committees.

Old 09-07-2010, 10:44 AM   #108
1 Rivet Member

1999 35' Cutter Diesel Bus w/slide
Nicholasvolle , Kentucky
Suggestion for Standing Committee
Reduce National Officers Travel reimbursement by an additional 75%, The members do not need to fund travel to attend rallies and caravans, If they want to attend they should pay as the members do.
Old 09-07-2010, 10:48 AM   #109
Silver Mist

1977 31' Sovereign
Riverhead , New York
that's not a standing committee issue, but I follow your point,

thanks

Old 09-27-2010, 11:44 PM   #110
2 Rivet Member

2007 25' Safari FB SE
, California
Committee Members Reading This Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smartstream View Post
I'm not taking sides on issues here but one thing does puzzle me. I see several things that aren't going to happen and other things being argued. Of the five committee members only one seems to be responding here. It seems to me with no meeting taking place yet, we shouldn't be getting these kind of responses. I thought this thread was for suggestions and recommendations. Shouldn't these issues be taken to the committee, discussed and then a response be posted? Maybe I'm looking at this all wrong but I was hoping the committee and it members would approach all issues with an open mind.

Just Wondering, Dan
Just as a point of information the committee members are reading this thread and I for one am taking careful notes of constructive suggestions. As Bob has stated in a number of responses the committee does want to see significant change.
I volunteered for this job because I have heard the complaints spoken on this thread ad nauseam and rather than (1) leave the club or (2) bitch about the problem I decided to try the constructive revision approach. I truly value the constructive input of members, so keep the ideas flowing. However, please note, as Bob has stated, "However the actual deliberations of the committee can not be discussed, see RONR for the reason" under the parliamentary rules we are operating under public discussion of our work is not possible.
Tom
Old 09-28-2010, 01:23 AM   #111
Rivet Master

1982 28' Airstream 280
Port Angeles , Washington
Quote:
Originally Posted by bugdoc View Post
Just as a point of information the committee members are reading this thread and I for one am taking careful notes of constructive suggestions. As Bob has stated in a number of responses the committee does want to see significant change.
I volunteered for this job because I have heard the complaints spoken on this thread ad nauseam and rather than (1) leave the club or (2) bitch about the problem I decided to try the constructive revision approach. I truly value the constructive input of members, so keep the ideas flowing. However, please note, as Bob has stated, "However the actual deliberations of the committee can not be discussed, see RONR for the reason" under the parliamentary rules we are operating under public discussion of our work is not possible.
Tom
Thanks for the response Tom. It is easy to understand not discussing ongoing deliberations. What might help however would be some acknowledgment that a posted idea, suggestion or question will be put on the committee agenda for discussion. Many items posted here have been met by argument or flat refusal to discuss by Bob. This kind of reaction is not inviting to new ideas. As a result this thread has been silent for 20 days. If you want participation then treat the participants with respect.

Thanks for listening, Dan
Old 09-28-2010, 06:11 AM   #112
Silver Mist

1977 31' Sovereign
Riverhead , New York
Dan. as I stated before all suggestions will be summarized and put before the committee for evaluation if I agree with them or not.

However, since suggestions paused being presented and Dona has not received one suggestion I can only draw one conclusion.

All the discontent described in these forums over the past few years have now been posted in this thread or resolved

You have an open mic use it or for ever hold your peace

Tags
constitution revision, wbcci