Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-06-2010, 05:42 AM   #101
Rivet Master

1977 31' Sovereign
1963 26' Overlander
1989 34' Excella
Johnsburg , Illinois
Rich came to the Madison Rally last year and the leaders talked with him. The reason the negotiations broke down was not revealed, but there was no agreement and he left.
dwightdi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2010, 06:57 AM   #102
Rivet Master

2007 23' International CCD
Lapeer , Michigan
I think it's because the WBCCI is not headed the same direction that Airstream Incorporated or Airstream Life wants to be headed. Perhaps it should be a wake-up call for WBCCI that others are wanting to distance or disassociate themselves from the old order club. Perhaps a little angst and self examination could put the WBCCI on the road to gaining popularity. How have those entities moved forward and how have they begun to market and target their new demographic and supporters? Now ask yourself what if anything has WBCCI done to capture the attention and market of younger Airstream owners?

photography
wheel interested is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2010, 07:09 AM   #103
Silver Mist

Currently Looking...
Riverhead , New York
Well that past IP's may not have addressed that issue with enthusiasm.

They hired the ad agency supposedly to attempt that?

What does everyone think are the most important factors in accomplishing that goal?

LI Pets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2010, 07:32 AM   #104
Rivet Master

2007 23' International CCD
Lapeer , Michigan
I think the things that contribute to the most popular rallies are key to tracking what the successful trends are. What was Vintage Jam like and Alumapalooza? How about the Birthday Bash or Air Schuler or Air Pocono or the Capetown to Cairo Caravan or Nova leader's Into the Wilds event? There are the 4CU events and more. What is common to these events?...they are in different localities and different in structure and perhaps different demographics but what they each have in common is a unique and exciting experience. And what typically does WBCCI offer? "This is the way it has always been done." Precisely the point and source of contention! and the reason not to run the unit in those same ways as they existed for decades any more! If you want new members than you have to figure out how to take them where they've never been before. Worn out places and worn out faces won't get them where they want to go. So do anything but do something to make a stab at spontaneity and a different venue. Even mistakes could be more productive than reinforcing old worn out agendas and activities.

photography
wheel interested is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2010, 10:00 AM   #105
Rivet Master

Airstream - Other
2016 Interstate Grand Tour Ext
Bosque Farms , New Mexico
I think it important to keep delivery of BB separate from BB content itself.

As far as concent is concerned, there are, after all, those who would point out that the BB is presumably nothing more than a newsletter listing of upcoming events, not a magazine per se. (Personally, I think that the content is fine, but it might be worthwhile for the WBCCI to consider delivering a column in Airstream Life.)

As for Carol's view:
Quote:
I think the things that contribute to the most popular rallies are key to tracking what the successful trends are. What was Vintage Jam like and Alumapalooza? How about the Birthday Bash or Air Schuler or Air Pocono or the Capetown to Cairo Caravan or Nova leader's Into the Wilds event? There are the 4CU events and more. What is common to these events?...they are in different localities and different in structure and perhaps different demographics but what they each have in common is a unique and exciting experience. And what typically does WBCCI offer? "This is the way it has always been done." Precisely the point and source of contention! ...
Unique and exciting is actally a pretty variable term. We've had more "traditional" WBCCI units here for rallies and less formal visits as well as less "traditional" ones. Those taking part seemed to enjoy what they were doing in all cases. And that is the key point: The WBCCI is a really big tent, and different units in that tent have very, very different personalities. It's been stated before and will surely be pointed out again that folks need to join a unit that presents the best fit for their own lifestyles.

Lynn
Old 09-06-2010, 10:56 AM   #106
Rivet Master

Aurora , Colorado
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by eubank View Post
Bob, I'd like to know the status of Forrest's proposal here:

http://www.airforums.com/forums/f286...ion-59520.html

Ah, maybe I should just ask Forrest?

Forrest, what's the status of the change you proposed?

Lynn
Five of seven units in Region 11 have reported passing the motion! I expect that the motion will leave the Region 11 Rally in Gallup, NM this coming October 6-11 and go directly to HQ in Jackson Center. From there the one year clock starts and it will be sent to units throughout the rest of the country for their vote.
Old 09-07-2010, 09:22 AM   #107
Silver Mist

Currently Looking...
Riverhead , New York
Anyone have any suggestions/recommendations relating to the standing committees.

Old 09-07-2010, 09:44 AM   #108
1 Rivet Member

1999 35' Cutter Diesel Bus w/slide
Nicholasvolle , Kentucky
Suggestion for Standing Committee
Reduce National Officers Travel reimbursement by an additional 75%, The members do not need to fund travel to attend rallies and caravans, If they want to attend they should pay as the members do.
maych is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2010, 09:48 AM   #109
Silver Mist

Currently Looking...
Riverhead , New York
that's not a standing committee issue, but I follow your point,

thanks

Old 09-27-2010, 10:44 PM   #110
2 Rivet Member

2018 26' Flying Cloud
, California
Committee Members Reading This Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smartstream View Post
I'm not taking sides on issues here but one thing does puzzle me. I see several things that aren't going to happen and other things being argued. Of the five committee members only one seems to be responding here. It seems to me with no meeting taking place yet, we shouldn't be getting these kind of responses. I thought this thread was for suggestions and recommendations. Shouldn't these issues be taken to the committee, discussed and then a response be posted? Maybe I'm looking at this all wrong but I was hoping the committee and it members would approach all issues with an open mind.

Just Wondering, Dan
Just as a point of information the committee members are reading this thread and I for one am taking careful notes of constructive suggestions. As Bob has stated in a number of responses the committee does want to see significant change.
I volunteered for this job because I have heard the complaints spoken on this thread ad nauseam and rather than (1) leave the club or (2) bitch about the problem I decided to try the constructive revision approach. I truly value the constructive input of members, so keep the ideas flowing. However, please note, as Bob has stated, "However the actual deliberations of the committee can not be discussed, see RONR for the reason" under the parliamentary rules we are operating under public discussion of our work is not possible.
Tom
bugdoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2010, 12:23 AM   #111
Rivet Master

1982 28' Airstream 280
Port Angeles , Washington
Quote:
Originally Posted by bugdoc View Post
Just as a point of information the committee members are reading this thread and I for one am taking careful notes of constructive suggestions. As Bob has stated in a number of responses the committee does want to see significant change.
I volunteered for this job because I have heard the complaints spoken on this thread ad nauseam and rather than (1) leave the club or (2) bitch about the problem I decided to try the constructive revision approach. I truly value the constructive input of members, so keep the ideas flowing. However, please note, as Bob has stated, "However the actual deliberations of the committee can not be discussed, see RONR for the reason" under the parliamentary rules we are operating under public discussion of our work is not possible.
Tom
Thanks for the response Tom. It is easy to understand not discussing ongoing deliberations. What might help however would be some acknowledgment that a posted idea, suggestion or question will be put on the committee agenda for discussion. Many items posted here have been met by argument or flat refusal to discuss by Bob. This kind of reaction is not inviting to new ideas. As a result this thread has been silent for 20 days. If you want participation then treat the participants with respect.

Thanks for listening, Dan
Smartstream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2010, 05:11 AM   #112
Silver Mist

Currently Looking...
Riverhead , New York
Dan. as I stated before all suggestions will be summarized and put before the committee for evaluation if I agree with them or not.

However, since suggestions paused being presented and Dona has not received one suggestion I can only draw one conclusion.

All the discontent described in these forums over the past few years have now been posted in this thread or resolved

You have an open mic use it or for ever hold your peace

Old 10-17-2010, 09:05 AM   #113
Rivet Master

1961 24' Tradewind
1969 29' Ambassador
1970 21' Globetrotter
Jamestown , Tennessee
Quote:
Originally Posted by LI Pets View Post

However, since suggestions paused being presented and Dona has not received one suggestion I can only draw one conclusion.

tb
Ok, A little slow on my part, but as of this morning I have sent 4 pages to Dona regarding my thoughts on what changes need to be made.
Nothing new since it has mostly been said before.
Hopefully others will do the same.
99 Dodge TD 577K miles

RickDavis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2010, 09:52 AM   #114
Silver Mist

Currently Looking...
Riverhead , New York
She has not received any as of last week, and she is traveling this week.

More importantly did you get any conformation of receipt?

Old 10-17-2010, 10:08 AM   #115
Rivet Master

1979 23' Safari
1954 29' Liner
Orange , California
At the Region 12 rally this weekend, I overhead a comment that the committee has proposals to eliminate about 70 pages from either the constitution or blue book. It was not clear as to what document he was talking about.

Any comment LIPets?

Bill
Bill Kerfoot, WBCCI/VAC/CAC/El Camino Real Unit #5223
Just my personal opinion
1973 Dodge W200 PowerWagon, 1977 Lincoln Continental, 2014 Dodge Durango
1979 23' Safari, and 1954 29' Double Door Liner Orange, CA

https://billbethsblog.blogspot.com/
wkerfoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2010, 10:25 AM   #116
Rivet Master

1961 24' Tradewind
1969 29' Ambassador
1970 21' Globetrotter
Jamestown , Tennessee
Quote:
Originally Posted by LI Pets View Post
She has not received any as of last week, and she is traveling this week.

More importantly did you get any conformation of receipt?
I just sent it by e mail as a word attachment. I assume they do get e mail on the road and I will be watching for a confirm of receipt
99 Dodge TD 577K miles

Old 10-17-2010, 10:32 AM   #117
Silver Mist

Currently Looking...
Riverhead , New York
The way it breaks down is there are 35 pages of policies, those will likely be separated except for a few.

The bylaws contain many items that are redundant not only within the bylaws but the Constitution.

The order of things is the Constitution is the locomotive and the Bylaws are the rail cars.

If something is not described in either then RONR is the governing document.

I expect the both docs when finally revised will be about 15 constitution and about 20 Bylaws pages.

A much easier read and easier to understand by all.

Old 10-17-2010, 10:38 AM   #118
Silver Mist

Currently Looking...
Riverhead , New York
Arrow Summary of suggestions to date

If I missed anyone's points please add.

• Forest proposal change in voting
  • grievance committee
  • Have the IBT stop misappropriating funds.
  • Have the IBT act prudently and reasonably in regard to the management of the organizations affairs.
  • Have the IBT do its duties to ensure effective organizational planning, establish programs and services consistent with the organization's mission and assist in implementing and monitoring the plan's goals.
  • Have the IBT provide financial oversight and assist in developing a balanced annual budget and ensuring that proper financial controls are in place.
  • Have the IBT manage, supervise and control the activities, affairs, property and funds of the International Club.
  • Have the IBT ensure legal and ethical integrity and maintain accountability for adherence to legal standards and ethical practices.
  • Have the IBT establish procedures to ensure that each board member understands and complies with his or her duties as a board member.
  • Have the IBT monitor the conduct of its board members to ensure the organization is being properly managed.
  • Stop the discrimination unfair practices of raising MAL dues.
  • Relax the dress code at events
  • Cut down the number of regions
  • There must be a way to vote that gives each and every member the opportunity to, be it by mail, in person, or electronically.
  • No running from the floor, nominees must declare in advance as is every political seat in Government
  • Electronic voting
  • Members at Large (MAL) shall be allowed to vote in all international elections.
  • MALs shall be allowed to vote in all region elections providing they reside in that region based on their address on file at HQ.
  • MALs shall be allowed to hold office. I doubt it
  • All amendments to either the International Constitution or By-laws shall be approved by a direct vote of the membership.
  • International Officers shall be elected by a direct vote of the membership
  • The slate of candidates proposed by the Nominating Committee along with any candidates by petition shall be published in the Blue Beret (BB) at no charge to the candidates.
  • amendments to the International Constitution and/or By-laws shall also be published in the BB prior to the vote
  • Members have the option of either voting by returning the mail ballot or by the internet.
  • Revise present constitution, that's the purpose of the committee
  • commitment to freedom of speech, sure if it's civil w/o personnel attacks.
  • Code of Ethics
  • Blue Beret update
  • Reduce National Officers Travel reimbursement
  • Change International Rally time before July 4th, reduce cost of the venue, allow folks to be home on the 4th with their families aka barbecues, family reunions.
  • Hire an event planner to coordinate locations contract deals, like the vendors should be paying a majority of the costs. This allows the IBT to manage the club not do the event panning.
  • Exec board have an option to serve a second year term.

Old 10-17-2010, 11:04 AM   #119
Rivet Master

1961 24' Tradewind
1969 29' Ambassador
1970 21' Globetrotter
Jamestown , Tennessee
MAL voting

"MALs shall be allowed to hold office."

There is no logical reason to not allow a MAL to hold office in an Intraclub, VAC, Radio club etc as none of these are geographic in nature.

I can understand a restriction on the region level
99 Dodge TD 577K miles

Old 10-17-2010, 01:50 PM   #120
Ready-to-Travel

2012 30' International
Walkerton , Virginia
The worst thing an elected officer can do is fail to participate. A reluctance to participate by devoting meaningful hours is the reason a lot of us are/were mals. Accordingly, i rather agree that mals should not be officers; a member who has served his unit well is more likely to serve in his elected office.

As for the ethics and grievance committee, it is natural that management will use it to stifle dissent whether civil or not. It has been shown that uncivil activity will be overlooked as long as the activity is not directed toward management: ie the dumping of tea on Mr Garvey's head and the decidedly uncivil activity directed against users of the old wbcci website when they crossed website management.

Power tends to corrupt, absolute power corrupts absolutely. The Ethics and Grievance committee is designed to suppress dissent using "niceness" as a criteria. Problem is that management fails to respond unless voices are raised in anger, sparking an angry response. ergo, a suspension and expulsion.

Pat

AIR 3987
TAC VA-2
WBCCI 4596
pmclemore is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
constitution revision, wbcci