Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-10-2011, 03:59 AM   #221
Silver Mist

Currently Looking...
Riverhead , New York
Arrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuvite-F View Post

However if you would like for me to answer your question I will do so to the best of my ability.
When?

Or don't you have an answer to your own question?

LI Pets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2011, 06:22 AM   #222
Rivet Master

Southwestern , Ohio
Quote:
Hi, Bob,

While you're clarifying, perhaps you can clarify another issue.

Back when you were offered the committee seat, you said that the lawsuit effort would be restarted if the outcome of the Mid Winter IBT was not satisfactory:

(8-24-10 on the now-closed lawsuit thread)
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick Davis
I am assuming the lawsuit is not gone and could /would be reactivated if progress is not made??
Correct, hence the escrow account!
Quote:
Originally Posted by LI Pets View Post
What do you think constitutes a satisfactory outcome?
Quote:
My opinion does not matter since I am not a member of the inner circle such as yourself.

However if you would like for me to answer your question I will do so to the best of my ability.

You will not like my answer, and bearing in mind this is a public forum, I am giving you an opportunity to withdraw your question or ask again, as you wish.
Quote:
answer it

All right, Bob, since you ask, these are the best outcomes I can envision for this IBT meeting and contemporaneous actions of the Executive Committee and standing committees

1. All recommendation for Bylaws changes be referred to units for comment prior to consideration at the summer 2011 IBT meeting.

2. The Chairman of the Constitution and Bylaws Committee be directed by the International President to report the constitutional amendment proposed by Region 11 to the units in accordance with the Constitution, Bylaws, and Policies of the WBCCI or be replaced.

3. The Motor Home Study Committee, the IBT, and the Executive Committee to vigorously pursue the possibility of limited production of Airstream-branded motor homes to resolve the motor home issue without the need to change the WBCCIs single-brand identity

4. An offer to Leo G of full reinstatement with an apology. (I say “offer” because my impression is that at this point Leo is enjoying Life After WBCCI and would not be interested in returning.)

5. With one exception noted below, Bylaws and Policies be amended to prohibit use of the Code of Ethics as the basis for disciplinary actions for the reason of being excessively broad..

6. All contributions to Defend Wally to be immediately refunded.

7. You yourself be expelled from the WBCCI on the ever-popular charge of “causing disharmony and ill feelings among club members.”
Nuvite-F is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2011, 08:14 AM   #223
Rivet Master

Airstream - Other
2016 Interstate Grand Tour Ext
Bosque Farms , New Mexico
Blech. How 'bout Nuvite-F and LI-Pet meet in some back alley someplace and have it out there instead of here.
Lynn
Old 01-10-2011, 08:55 AM   #224
Rivet Master

Can I answer, Can I answer?

Here's a good list of things that "constitutes a satisfactory outcome".

Some issues that prompted this action:
  • Breach of fiduciary duty for allegedly misappropriating funds.
  • Travel expenses - The Wally Byam Caravan Club International, Inc, is a non-profit corporation and no part of its income or profits shall inure to the benefit of its certain members/officers.
  • The IBT failed to act prudently and reasonably in regard to the management of the organizations affairs.
  • The IBT failed to its duties to ensure effective organizational planning, establish programs and services consistent with the organization's mission and assist in implementing and monitoring the plan's goals.
  • The IBT failed to provide financial oversight and assist in developing a balanced annual budget and ensuring that proper financial controls are in place.
  • The IBT failed to manage, supervise and control the activities, affairs, property and funds of the International Club.
  • The IBT failed to ensure legal and ethical integrity and maintain accountability for adherence to legal standards and ethical practices.
  • The IBT failed to establish procedures to ensure that each board member understands and complies with his or her duties as a board member.
  • The IBT failed to monitor the conduct of its board members to ensure the organization is being properly managed.
  • The IBT allowed frivolous grievances to be filed.
  • The IBTs broad definition of the wording "avoid disharmony and ill feelings among club members".
  • The IBT failed to follow the bylaws or Roberts Rules in adjucation of grievances.
  • The IBT draconian measures terminating members and defamation of several members.
  • Discrimination unfair practices of raising MAL dues.
Oh and offer Leo G full reinstatment.

Where have I seen this list before or has the ones in the "inner circle" already forgot them?

But I will wait to see Bob's answer.
Bob?
Old 01-10-2011, 10:04 AM   #225
Rivet Master

Southwestern , Ohio
Apologies to anyone who was offended by my last post. I calls 'em as I sees 'em.

Bob, now that I have frankly and honestly answered your question, perhaps you will be so kind as to answer my question about your Defend Wally exit criteria.

Earlier you said that Defend Wally contributions would be refunded upon satisfactory outcome of the mid winter IBT. As self-appointed spokesman (and for all I know, sole proprietor) of Defend Wally, can you tell us what would constitute a "satisfactory outcome".

And if you can't, answer that question, who can?
Old 01-10-2011, 10:06 AM   #226
Rivet Master

Airstream - Other
2016 Interstate Grand Tour Ext
Bosque Farms , New Mexico
These are not outcomes (safisfactory or otherwise), but rather grievances. There's quite a difference.

Lynn
Quote:
Originally Posted by rideair View Post
Here's a good list of things that "constitutes a satisfactory outcome".

Some issues that prompted this action:
  • Breach of fiduciary duty for allegedly misappropriating funds.
  • Travel expenses - The Wally Byam Caravan Club International, Inc, is a non-profit corporation and no part of its income or profits shall inure to the benefit of its certain members/officers.
  • The IBT failed to act prudently and reasonably in regard to the management of the organizations affairs.
  • The IBT failed to its duties to ensure effective organizational planning, establish programs and services consistent with the organization's mission and assist in implementing and monitoring the plan's goals.
  • The IBT failed to provide financial oversight and assist in developing a balanced annual budget and ensuring that proper financial controls are in place.
  • The IBT failed to manage, supervise and control the activities, affairs, property and funds of the International Club.
  • The IBT failed to ensure legal and ethical integrity and maintain accountability for adherence to legal standards and ethical practices.
  • The IBT failed to establish procedures to ensure that each board member understands and complies with his or her duties as a board member.
  • The IBT failed to monitor the conduct of its board members to ensure the organization is being properly managed.
  • The IBT allowed frivolous grievances to be filed.
  • The IBTs broad definition of the wording "avoid disharmony and ill feelings among club members".
  • The IBT failed to follow the bylaws or Roberts Rules in adjucation of grievances.
  • The IBT draconian measures terminating members and defamation of several members.
  • Discrimination unfair practices of raising MAL dues.
Old 01-10-2011, 12:51 PM   #227
Rivet Master

Is this better?

OK Lynn, is this better.

• Have the IBT's Breach of fiduciary duty for allegedly misappropriating funds stop.
  • Have the IBT stop getting Travel expenses - The Wally Byam Caravan Club International, Inc, is a non-profit corporation and no part of its income or profits shall inure to the benefit of its certain members/officers.
  • Have the IBT act prudently and reasonably in regard to the management of the organizations affairs.
  • Have the IBT to its duties to ensure effective organizational planning, establish programs and services consistent with the organization's mission and assist in implementing and monitoring the plan's goals.
  • Have IBT to provide financial oversight and assist in developing a balanced annual budget and ensuring that proper financial controls are in place.
  • Have the IBT properly manage, supervise and control the activities, affairs, property and funds of the International Club.
  • Have the IBT ensure legal and ethical integrity and maintain accountability for adherence to legal standards and ethical practices.
  • Have the IBT establish procedures to ensure that each board member understands and complies with his or her duties as a board member.
  • Have the IBT to monitor the conduct of its board members to ensure the organization is being properly managed.
  • Have the IBT not allow frivolous grievances to be filed.
  • Have the IBT define it's broad definition of the wording "avoid disharmony and ill feelings among club members".
  • Have the IBT follow the bylaws or Roberts Rules in adjucation of grievances.
  • Have the IBT draconian measures of terminating members and defamation of several members stop.
  • Have the IBT stop the discrimination and unfair practices of raising MAL dues.
Oh and offer Leo G full reinstatment.
Old 01-10-2011, 04:51 PM   #228
Silver Mist

Currently Looking...
Riverhead , New York
Nuvite-f, well ..........nah... no comment

Paul you're starting to sound like a parrot again.

Now does anyone have an intelligent opinion as to what a satisfactory outcome would be?

Old 01-10-2011, 04:58 PM   #229
Rivet Master

Currently Looking...
Florissant , USA
As an interested bystander with nothing to gain, I am interested in seeing the outcome of this meeting just to see if the people who donated will get their money back.
Old 01-10-2011, 05:08 PM   #230
Rivet Master

1968 30' Sovereign
1959 18' "Footer"
1954 22' Flying Cloud
Brussels , Wisconsin
There will be 3 of us!

Quote:
Originally Posted by eubank View Post
Blech. How 'bout Nuvite-F and LI-Pet meet in some back alley someplace and have it out there instead of here.
Lynn
Nuvite-F, I have your back..............

Lynn, this needs to be here, now lets see how this shakes out. Nuvite-F has said nothing that the rest of us are thinking or wishing for.
59 Traveler
68 Sovereign
Ed Emerick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2011, 05:15 PM   #231
Rivet Master

Southwestern , Ohio
Quote:
Pleased that you have nothing to add to my assessment.

But we're still waiting for your answer. Defend Wally is your creation, not ours.
Old 01-10-2011, 05:18 PM   #232
Rivet Master

1968 30' Sovereign
1959 18' "Footer"
1954 22' Flying Cloud
Brussels , Wisconsin
Intelligent?

Quote:

Paul you're starting to sound like a parrot again.

Now does anyone have an intelligent opinion as to what a satisfactory outcome would be?
Come on Bob, I think (and I think there are others) that Nuvite-F's outcomes are just what we are looking for. It seems that these are reasonable requests and you are not willing to provide a straight answer. I'm not surprised, your never give a straight answer, just so you are not confused, I'll ask; what do you think is a satisfactory outcome?

I have to say you got the IBT rhetoric down pat for an outsider.

As for Paul's questions are they too deep for you to address? I think he has a point, one we will never get a straight answer to...............
59 Traveler
68 Sovereign
Old 01-10-2011, 05:24 PM   #233
Rivet Master

The Jerry Springer Thread

WOW!
I can hardly believe what I have read here. This is by far the ugliest thing I have seen on this forum:/
Mod: you should put a password on this thread, and don't tell anyone what it is

Good day,

Rich the Disgusted Viking
VIKING is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2011, 05:50 PM   #234
Silver Mist

Currently Looking...
Riverhead , New York
Quote:
Pleased that you have nothing to add to my assessment.

But we're still waiting for your answer. Defend Wally is your creation, not ours.
You need a better grasp on the meaning of words, no comment is not an endorsement, so don't pat yourself on the back.

The DW issue was asked and answered.

Ed I'll assume you have no opinion of your own

Old 01-10-2011, 06:21 PM   #235
Rivet Master

??????????

Bob,

No crackers needed for me.

I’m just reiterating the very things that you and the DW team were demanding from the IBT to solve many of the issues pertaining to the club. The understanding was (by you and the Metro New York Unit)that the lawsuit was put on hold in an effort to solve the issues presented by DW to the IBT by working with the system/IBT instead of filing a lawsuit. So one would think, the only satisfactory outcome would include most if not all the demands of the DefendWally list that was created as part of the lawsuit. If you feel those issues are no longer of concern that’s fine, if so, I wonder why you would even be trying to change anything in regards to the “By-Laws” of the WBCCI. Maybe the changes you will be presenting to the IBT have nothing to do with the issues that were presented on the DefendWally website as problems with the WBCCI. If that is the case, you should let the donors to the DefendWally lawsuit know your views have changed and they will be receiving a check with a refund soon.

Old 01-10-2011, 06:24 PM   #236
Rivet Master

1968 30' Sovereign
1959 18' "Footer"
1954 22' Flying Cloud
Brussels , Wisconsin
Tap Tap Tap

Quote:

Bob, you must have pretty little shoes on

And again no answers for the group
59 Traveler
68 Sovereign
Old 01-10-2011, 06:36 PM   #237
Rivet Master

1968 30' Sovereign
1959 18' "Footer"
1954 22' Flying Cloud
Brussels , Wisconsin
Yep I have an opinion

Quote:
And they are the same as Nuvite-F, Rideair, Wheel Interested and about a 1000 others, so Bobby Boy, have you an answer for the questions or are you an IBT deflector want to be? Oh wait I know the answer or un-answer to that question………..

So just to make sure you know, bring EVERYTHING back to the Unit to vote on.
59 Traveler
68 Sovereign
Old 01-10-2011, 07:09 PM   #238
Rivet Master

1961 24' Tradewind
1969 29' Ambassador
1970 21' Globetrotter
Jamestown , Tennessee
My feelings about what I would like to see accomplished are pretty much in line with the post by Nuvite-F. Even progress in that direction would be very encouraging.
I have to admit though my outlook on the whole thing is pretty pessimistic after seeing the great success from the 3 or 4 year run of the 2020 committee.

It is now posted on the wbcci.org site that the meetings on the 25th and 28th will be broadcast. I am not sure what happens on the 26th and 27th but hopefully that will be work sessions, not party time.
99 Dodge TD 577K miles

RickDavis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2011, 07:14 PM   #239
Rivet Master

1979 23' Safari
1954 29' Liner
Orange , California
Rick,

The rally coupon states that the seminar is on the 25th and the 26th with the executive board and IBT on the 28th. If the seminar runs to the 26th, that date will probably be broadcast also.

Bill

Quote:
Originally Posted by RickDavis View Post
My feelings about what I would like to see accomplished are pretty much in line with the post by Nuvite-F. Even progress in that direction would be very encouraging.
I have to admit though my outlook on the whole thing is pretty pessimistic after seeing the great success from the 3 or 4 year run of the 2020 committee.

It is now posted on the wbcci.org site that the meetings on the 25th and 28th will be broadcast. I am not sure what happens on the 26th and 27th but hopefully that will be work sessions, not party time.
Bill Kerfoot, WBCCI/VAC/CAC/El Camino Real Unit #5223
Just my personal opinion
1973 Dodge W200 PowerWagon, 1977 Lincoln Continental, 2014 Dodge Durango
1979 23' Safari, and 1954 29' Double Door Liner Orange, CA

https://billbethsblog.blogspot.com/
wkerfoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2011, 06:45 PM   #240
Rivet Master

Waiting for an answer

Bob?

We're Waiting

Oh and please no,