Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > Clubs, Organizations & Associations > WBCCI Forum
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 01-05-2011, 04:01 AM   #181
Silver Mist

Currently Looking...
Riverhead , New York
Art 28 was revised by the neato committee.

Carol no conflict that I know of, Don I believe is aware of the need for the revision.

LI Pets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2011, 05:56 AM   #182
Certifiable

. , .
Quote:
Originally Posted by LI Pets View Post
Art 28 was revised by the neato committee.
Post it.

Just so you know, there is no "Art 28" to revise.

XVIII = 18, not 28
Old 01-05-2011, 12:39 PM   #183
Silver Mist

Currently Looking...
Riverhead , New York
Quote:
Originally Posted by mistral blue View Post
Post it.

Just so you know, there is no "Art 28" to revise.

XVIII = 18, not 28
no it's 28 when you didn't have your coffee yet

Old 01-05-2011, 02:29 PM   #184
Rivet Master

2007 Interstate
Normal , Illinois
Let's have facts on this, Bob.

Maggie
Old 01-05-2011, 02:42 PM   #185
Silver Mist

Currently Looking...
Riverhead , New York
We are a special committee of the Exec committee not IBT

Not part of the CBL.

It is the the Exec committees prerogative as to if and when to disclose the Revised Bylaws to the membership.

I'm not at liberty to do so.

Old 01-05-2011, 07:43 PM   #186
2 Rivet Member

1959 18' "Footer"
1968 30' Sovereign
1988 29' Excella
Appleton , Wisconsin
Bob,
What could possibly be changed in Article XVIII to improve the WBCCI?

Nothing... This club needs to focus on improving what our club's main objective should be: providing quality opportunities to have FUN while we travel, meet other Airstream owners, (need I include - while using our Airstreams?), and use our AIRSTREAMS as much as possible. We have become a club whose leadership thrives on meetings to discuss not only club rules but Roberts Rules of Order. If our leadership was trusted to enrich the club's objective instead of nit-picking bylaws, looking for loopholes, hoarding authority, and creating an environment of secrecy and mistrust, just imagine what this forum could be discussing!

Certainly not this.

Sandy
redwagon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2011, 08:17 PM   #187
Rivet Master

1993 34' Excella
1962 16' Bambi
New Haven , Connecticut
Quote:
Originally Posted by redwagon View Post
Bob,
What could possibly be changed in Article XVIII to improve the WBCCI?

Nothing... This club needs to focus on improving what our club's main objective should be: providing quality opportunities to have FUN while we travel, meet other Airstream owners, (need I include - while using our Airstreams?), and use our AIRSTREAMS as much as possible.
Hi Sandy - I guess we are lucky here in the northeast - my Unit puts on events monthly that are wonderful get-togethers whether we are camping or enjoying a luncheon. We have other Units to the north, east, west, and south of us who put on Rallies and other events year round. We have too many really fun WBCCI events to choose from on any given weekend during Rally season.

Here is the kicker - rarely, if ever, is the IBT brought up in conversation at any Rally. If it is, usually there are groans from the gallery. We are out Airstreaming regularly and having tons of fun. Not to brag too much but that is what the club's wonderful experience is for this Airstreamer.

--Dave
Old 01-05-2011, 09:24 PM   #188
2 Rivet Member

1959 18' "Footer"
1968 30' Sovereign
1988 29' Excella
Appleton , Wisconsin
Hi Bob,

We are lucky in Wisconsin too. Our unit does not dwell on the IBT and meeting malarky either. We have plenty to offer too. Ed and I will be leading a caravan to Alumapalooza then to the new national rally at Burke Lakefront Airport in Cleveland next June. In the fall, we are leading another caravan - Weird Wisconsin - from our Region 7 Vintage rally to the Apostle Island rally.

Ed and I are strong supporters of our club. Buying an Airsteam and joining has been one of our best decisions!

But that does not mean I support the strife our national leadership continue to create by this shroud of secrecy they operate beneath. If the motions, or committee reports that are omitted from the IBT meeting agenda are truly in the best interest of the club, then these items should withstand any scrutiny by our members. But as always, we are told that we cannot be given that information in advance. I just don't understand why a club devoted to travel, friendships, and Airstreams continues to be sidetracked by our own leadership. Wouldn't it be nice to not even discuss what the IBT might be doing next? And be looking forward to the next International rally without any political issues?

I just wish these national leaders would look to our units and follow our example!

Sandy
redwagon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2011, 03:37 AM   #189
Silver Mist

Currently Looking...
Riverhead , New York
The current and up[coming leaders are a lot more open minded than the past, but even the PIP know it time for change.

I believe the new bylaws will advance those issues, as far as the next International not having political issues.....I wouldn't get my hopes up.

Lets see how the Exec committee accepts or rejects the Revision, we'll all know by the 28th.

Old 01-06-2011, 04:47 AM   #190
Restorations done right
Commercial Member

1962 26' Overlander
1961 26' Overlander
Vintage Kin Owner
Currently Looking...
Baltimore , Maryland
I look forward to the XXVIIIth. The XVIII article will solve it all. I just wish it was Article XXVIII on the XVIIIth so I would not have to wait too long.

I know when I go camping I always bring my articles and amendments along. I load them into the truck just incase. Hey, ya never know how handy an article is until your in the woods and run out of amendments. I could never imagine camping without them.
Frank's Trailer Works is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2011, 07:37 AM   #191
Rivet Master

Southwestern , Ohio
Quote:
Originally Posted by 62overlander View Post
I know when I go camping I always bring my articles and amendments along. I load them into the truck just in case. Hey, ya never know how handy an article is until your in the woods and run out of amendments.
They're especially handy when you run out of toilet paper. . .
Nuvite-F is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2011, 09:09 AM   #192
Rivet Master

What "REALLY" runs the club!

Guys/Gals,

This is how power is kept in the tight circle of the all knowning:

PAST INTERNATIONAL PRESIDENTS COUNCIL
1. All Past International Presidents are members of the Past International Presidents Council and may make recommendations, in writing, on policies and procedures to the International Board of Trustees through the Council Chairman. Information sent to International Board of Trustee members may be sent to Past International Presidents who, annually, submit a written request to Headquarters. (6/21/93)

For a PIP, change or the lack there of is only a so called "phone call away".

Don't you wish as regular members of the WBCCI you could have this type of power to make recommendations to the IBT. Oh yeh, you can send your emails, write your letters, etc... but do they listen to you like the do the PIP's? I don't think so.

And if you really listen to who/how ideas are brought to the attention of the IBT, the above will ring true in your ears. Just think, if Forrest had been a PIP, the motion from the Denver Unit would be up for a vote and changes would be made.

I just hope they don't make changes to how and what colors our badges should be and how they should be worn in the By-Laws. You know, red/blue/green/white/coral/silver/milk-white and light blue, clear-light green/ clear-red, etc... inserts and all.

I'm just glad I'm not color blind or I'd be in a h*ll of a mess. Now I know why I don't wear one. Just an eye-patch for me and International, it's easier that way.

Old 01-06-2011, 03:34 PM   #193
Certifiable

. , .
Post "Out of Order"

Quote:
Lets see how the Exec committee accepts or rejects the Revision, we'll all know by the 28th.
The Bylaws Revision Special Committee works specifically for the President and it serves at his pleasure alone. The President can do anything he wants with the report. The President will submit to the Executive Committee, and to the Constitution and Bylaws Committee, whatever he feels is appropriate. (For those that may not know, the President is the Chairman of the 7-person Executive Committee (EC7), and is the presiding member of the IBT.)

The Constitution and Bylaws Committee may then recommend amendments they deem desirable or necessary. It is then up to the sole discretion of IBT to adopt whatever they want as a new Bylaw.

But we're not quite done yet. Only Bylaws "not inconsistent with the Constitution" may be adopted. It stands to reason that if you're gonna change stuff in the Bylaws, you're probably gonna hafta change some stuff in the Constitution too...

Now this is where it starts to get a little murky. As many of you know, Forrest has a motion that at its core is trying to bring a little harmony to the Club. Right now, the IBT creates the Bylaws. The IBT then decides if those Bylaws are Constitutional. WHAT?!? Basically, what we have in place right now is an unreviewable power. Forrest's Motion, however, puts a little balance into the equation and allows for some independant review -- by the membership through their delegates.

LI Pets says Article XVIII was revised by his Committee. (I'm assuming he drank some coffee before he made that statement.) Does this newly Revised Article allow OUR DELEGATES to review, audit and/or repeal actions taken by the IBT? I doubt it... I've been told to wait and see... But what do you think is gonna happen with this as yet unseen Revision from LI Pets' Committee? It's probably gonna get adopted, that's what! It's probably gonna get adopted with some lovely Constitutional amendments thrown in there too. This is the IBT way. The ONLY way.

And what's happening to Forrest's Motion, the motion that AN ENTIRE REGION voted on and endorsed? It's getting BURIED, by one man, the new Chairman of the Constitution and Bylaws Committee, PIP Don Shafer. Mr. Shafer doesn't care that Region 11 went through all the hoops to get their motion before the entire membership. Forrest's Motion dilutes some of his power. He's not about to stand for that!
Old 01-06-2011, 03:55 PM   #194
Rivet Master

1961 24' Tradewind
1969 29' Ambassador
1970 21' Globetrotter
Jamestown , Tennessee
Very well presented Mistral Blue

If I understand this right then, The IP gets the report and has sole power to determine its fate? Bring it forward all or in part? Or even totally disregard it with out sharing it with anyone?
So it is entirely possible we may never know what this committee did, although perhaps that would be the extreme case.

I certainly would like to know what the revision committee recommended in its entirety so that we the members would have a better idea of what our officers are thinking.
Secrecy seems to be a major problem with this organization
99 Dodge TD 577K miles

RickDavis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2011, 04:23 PM   #195
Certifiable

. , .
Article III, Sections 2 & 3 talk about Standing Committees.

Section 8 refers to Special Committees.

The Revision Committee is a Special Committee. "Special committees may be appointed by the President for the purpose of carrying out projects not within the purview of a standing committee."
Old 01-06-2011, 04:53 PM   #196
Rivet Master

2007 Interstate
Normal , Illinois
Quote:
Originally Posted by mistral blue View Post

Basically, what we have in place right now is an unreviewable power.
Yes. And their members are watching and waiting, listening and reading.

Maggie
Old 01-06-2011, 05:07 PM   #197
Rivet Master

But don't forget, a special commitee is only good for the amount of time the current IP is in office. When he leaves office, so does his commitee "unless" the next IP wants to keep them in place.
Old 01-06-2011, 06:57 PM   #198
Certifiable

. , .
Unreviewable Power

The IBT = an unreviewable power.

An unreviewable power is one that is likely to self-indulge itself and unlikely to engage in any real analysis.

Eventually, an unreviewable power will arrogantly wield the rules as a weapon of intimidation rather than as an instrument of protection.

Eventually, an unreviewable power will lead to a club paralyzed by fear, unwilling to assume responsibility.

An unreviewable power has led to the WBCCI being both overly reliant on the IBT's authority and incredibly distrustful of it.

Right now, those at the top of the WBCCI food chain, the ones who have finally made it to the International level, can only be expected to represent the views of past generations better than the views of the current day.
Old 01-06-2011, 07:01 PM   #199
Naysayer

1968 24' Tradewind
Russellville , earth
Power corrupts
Absolute power is pretty neat.

Visit my photography and painting website
https://rooseveltfineart.com
Instagram is r.w.roosevelt

Boondocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2011, 07:12 PM   #200
Rivet Master

1968 30' Sovereign
1959 18' "Footer"
1954 22' Flying Cloud
Brussels , Wisconsin
You Have Got to be Kidding

Quote:
The current and up[coming leaders are a lot more open minded than the past, but even the PIP know it time for change.

Oh how you and the IBT try to BS a Bser. Change? not in my membership liftime, check out the biggest BSer Don S's comments on change. OMG now I'm out of order......................
59 Traveler
68 Sovereign
Ed Emerick is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
constitution revision, wbcci