Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > The Rally Zone > Forum Rallies & Meet Ups
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 02-17-2007, 11:28 AM   #281
Rivet Master

1964 22' Safari
SACRAMENTO , California
Hi

Quote:
Originally Posted by dougjamie
Just getting this thread going for all you Rivettes and other online silver sisters out there who want a central place for chat among the east, west, north, and south Airstreaming womenfolk.

I'm just getting the campfire going now, so anyone who wants to join in and offer a story, or song, come on along. I think Carol's going to do a jig or something for us.

-J
Hi Jaimie and all Silver sisters and Rivettes,

This is a great fun thread!!..I'd like to pull up a chair and sit and join in with you all too!..I'll bring the s'mores, my ukulele and we can have some singalongs and tell ghost stories!!..
codybear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2007, 12:35 PM   #282
Rivet Master

1995 30' Limited
Ashland , Missouri
Codybear, please do join us. Bring along your chair, or we'll just hitch over a little on this big log to make room. Do you have a favorite campsong? Mine, from old Girl Scout days, began: "hmm, I'd like to lin-n-ger, hmm, a little lo-o-nger. . ." I wish I could remember all the words. I think you've brought the first instrument to our gathering. I wonder if some of the others are harboring some secret instrumental talents? In my "next life," I'm going to play banjo and bass Welcome, ~G
Chev Silverado 2500HD Duramax/Allison, 4X4, Crew Cab
WBCCI #5013 AIR #2908
WDCU
Go, Mizzou...Tigers on the prowl!
maxandgeorgia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2007, 12:43 PM   #283
Rivet Master

1964 22' Safari
SACRAMENTO , California
Hi Georgia,

Thnx for the welcome!..I don't know how I missed this thread from the beginning posts long ago!!!..must have been daydreaming of my next rally to go to!..a fav camp song, well, there's the Campfire Girls Club I used to belong to (Jamie might remember?) Make new friends, but keep the old, one is 'silver' and the other's gold..hey, I remembered!!..there's hope for me yet, huh?..we could sing some Hawaiian songs w/my uke as I strum a few simple chords!!!..always wanted to learn to play drums, make a lot of beating noises..kazoos would work too!!!
Old 02-17-2007, 12:54 PM   #284
Rivet Master

1967 20' Globetrotter
Sauquoit , New York
Welcome Codybear, You stick with your instrument. Remember Floyd plays the drums and I sing. What a Bunch..FUN
Aria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2007, 12:57 PM   #285
Rivet Master

1967 20' Globetrotter
Sauquoit , New York
Call Ducks

G These are Call Ducks. They are sweet, playful and fun to have on the Pond.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Baby Call Ducks.jpg
Views:	111
Size:	43.6 KB
ID:	32491  
Old 02-17-2007, 01:12 PM   #286
Rivet Master

1967 20' Globetrotter
Sauquoit , New York
You saw the Babies...now the Adult

They are lovable as babies and again as Adults. They remain small and love our pond.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Airstream2006Ducks002.jpg
Views:	273
Size:	49.6 KB
ID:	32496  
Old 02-17-2007, 01:14 PM   #287
Rivet Master

1967 20' Globetrotter
Sauquoit , New York
OOps. Not an Adult Duck. It is our GT Will try again
Old 02-17-2007, 01:16 PM   #288
Rivet Master

1967 20' Globetrotter
Sauquoit , New York
Adult Duck?

Will try again. Adult Call Duck
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	DSCF0001.JPG
Views:	115
Size:	50.4 KB
ID:	32497  
Old 02-17-2007, 05:41 PM   #289
3 Rivet Member

2008 27' Classic FB
Anytown , Massachusetts
This made my DAY!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aria
G. Thanks for the info. I am into flowers and plants and will try this Spring.
I reduced the photo of the snow here on our GT and my husband. Will try to post.
I love this thread!!!!! Stay warm ladies.... Irish
Whirlaway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2007, 06:15 AM   #290
Rivet Master

2006 19' Safari SE
NW of Boston , Massachusetts
Quote:
Originally Posted by codybear
Hi Jaimie and all Silver sisters and Rivettes,

This is a great fun thread!!..I'd like to pull up a chair and sit and join in with you all too!..I'll bring the s'mores, my ukulele and we can have some singalongs and tell ghost stories!!..
Welcome, codybear! Great to have another campfire sister join us. You have a ukulele?!? That's just too cool! Will you play us a little? What's in your repertoire?

I'm afraid the only instrument I ever learned (cello) isn't much suited to the campfire. But I have a harmonica packed in the trailer and I'm trying to pick up a few tunes on it. Maybe some of you other ladies play harmonica?

Aria -- love those ducks! Wouldn't my girls go crazy over those? Do you have any trouble protecting them from wild predators (coyotes, fox, fishercats, etc.?)

-J
Doug & Jamie, AIR #650
LuminumTraila is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2007, 06:30 AM   #291
Rivet Master

2006 19' Safari SE
Quote:
G. Thanks for the info. I am into flowers and plants and will try this Spring.
I reduced the photo of the snow here on our GT and my husband. Will try to post.
Aria, I'm just looking at the photo of the Mr. (professor?) blowing the snow off your GT, and it looks like the weight of the snow actually pushed in the top of the trailer. Is that real? or does it just look like that in the picture? I know the snow we got last week, about 8"-10", was the heaviest we've had in a long time but I didn't get much on top of the Bambi because the trees caught most of it.

-Jamie
Doug & Jamie, AIR #650
Old 02-18-2007, 09:40 AM   #292
Rivet Master

1967 20' Globetrotter
Sauquoit , New York
Jamie, Fortunately the snow did NOT hurt our GT. This is our first winter and we had a chat with Sharon and she advised us to get the snow off.

Floyd (with Sharon's direction) swept the snow and then used a leaf blower to get more off. And he has been blowing the snow off daily. We have had
SNOW and more SNOW. We are considering a "home" for our GT. It is not
an exercise we want dealing with the snow removal. You probably have snow in your area? Do you have your Airstream protected/home?
Old 02-18-2007, 10:10 AM   #293
We can tow it!

1996 28' Excella
Where the water tastes like wine , Michigan
Hey everybody, can I join and sit near the campfire? The wind has stopped but its still pretty chilly though I'm grateful for double digits

Codybear, I just love music, so glad a musician could join us!! Jamie I hope you will consider bringing your harmonica to Ohio in June!!

Aria those ducks are adorable!!

We had such a lovely visit with the rivettes from Michigan and Canada,
Vickie and Danielle (Towdaddy), Carol (wheel interested), Sharon (GT6921), and their menfolk came by yesterday. They all are such a pleasure to spend time with, it lifted our spirits to see them all. Sharon and Peter are on the way now towards Sarnia. This forum is such a nice place, we are grateful for the friends we meet everyday through it!
Old 02-18-2007, 10:25 AM   #294
Rivet Master

1967 20' Globetrotter
Sauquoit , New York
tin sista, Neat to learn the sisters travels and updates. I have chat with Sharon and she is adverture plus. Looking forward to hear more about her
63 GT. I am sure Sharon will do a super job restoring. She has the know-how and the experience. Quickly read the previous forum threads there are approximately 21 of us...Yes? Our Ducks are a joy. Finally learned to resize photos.
Old 02-18-2007, 10:32 AM   #295
Rivet Master

1967 20' Globetrotter
Sauquoit , New York
tin sista, Come on sit next to me. The snow has stopped here and the wind is still blowing and we are in the double digits.

Thanks for the update on our sisters. I have had chats with Sharon. She is an adventure and we are looking forward to viewing updates on her new 63 GT. She has the experience and know-how and will do a great restoration.

Our Ducks are a joy and help me in my gardening. Sisters are special.
Old 02-18-2007, 12:08 PM   #296
Rivet Master

1995 30' Limited
Ashland , Missouri
Aria, there's hope. After yesterday's blowing white outs, today is bright, sunny, even warm to springlike. Our son just left after plowing out the drifts on our lane. Only 1-2 inches can make a pile when it blows! Our grandson was having a ball sliding from our pond bank onto the pond ice (6-8 inches thick) when his sled tipped right off the bank onto the slush at the edge and he sat in 3 inches of ice water. What a roar he gave and how we all laughed. We were only supposed to get to 30 degrees today, but we are well beyond that. I feel like sitting outside and having a sunbath. So. . .wait a day and you may have some of our warm come your way. Here, I'm huffing and puffing, sending it east to you. ~G
Chev Silverado 2500HD Duramax/Allison, 4X4, Crew Cab
WBCCI #5013 AIR #2908
WDCU
Go, Mizzou...Tigers on the prowl!
maxandgeorgia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2007, 12:18 PM   #297
Rivet Master

1967 20' Globetrotter
Sauquoit , New York
G. Thanks. I think it worked. We have sun shining and 20 degrees.
There is always good to see: your grandson enjoying. Sorry about the ice pond. Sledding was fun.

Our Pond is frozen. We have just a "wee" area opened for our Ducks. And we have kept them in. Perhaps tomorrow when we get the G weather.
Old 02-18-2007, 05:29 PM   #298
Rivet Master

1964 22' Safari
SACRAMENTO , California
This just in: Tiny duckling has rare mutation: 4 legs - Yahoo! News
Old 02-18-2007, 06:07 PM   #299
Rivet Master

2006 19' Safari SE
Quote:
It is not an exercise we want dealing with the snow removal. You probably have snow in your area? Do you have your Airstream protected/home?
Glad to know the snow didn't hurt your GT. We did get hit with a whopper on Valentine's Day that closed the local schools, and it was a really heavy wet snow too. That's why I was wondering if your snow was the kind that would actually do damage. Our Bambi sits outside in the elements right now, but we're hoping to do some remodeling on our house in a few years and at that time I'd like to add a shelter for the Bambi, even if it's just a lean to or Airstreamport.

-J
Doug & Jamie, AIR #650
Old 02-18-2007, 07:28 PM   #300
Rivet Master

1967 20' Globetrotter
Sauquoit , New York
Jamie, We are going to have our GT shelter. Probably a lean-to. My husband is planning to build probably this Spring. They are too precious to leave to the elements. New or Vintage.

We are new to Airstream and did not know what to buy? So new we did not know of the Forum. Our choice was a 19 ft Bambi. We want to be sure we do enjoy Airstream. We located ours close to home and decided to purchase.