Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > The Rally Zone > Forum Rallies & Meet Ups
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 02-21-2007, 07:09 AM   #361
Rivet Master

2006 19' Safari SE
NW of Boston , Massachusetts
Well, Annie, now you're making me feel like I need to get out and about more. Or is that oot and aboot in Canada-speak? Those metro-Detroit rallies look like a ton o' fun. Haven't been to Pennwood yet but I was thinking of using it for a stopover on my way to the Summer Solstice rally.

-J
Doug & Jamie, AIR #650
LuminumTraila is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2007, 08:09 AM   #362
Rivet Master

2005 22' International CCD
Buckhorn , Ontario
Notice the time gals - gees you make a racket around the fire!!! 9:41 and my kettle has just boiled for my cup of tea - something I missed during the whole Rivette Rush.

Glad you enjoyed the cookies - anyone seen that christmas commercial with the little fellow in the kitchen with his mom and the whole place is white??? Well that was what my kitchen was like last night.

PS. I forgot to tell you all that TinSista is a Gormy Kicthen Cheif and I have decided to outfit my LadyBug just for her. With all the latest kitchen gadgets - so wherever we travel with the "sistas" Steph will be in her element. Perhaps I should have bought a larger amp intelli

I am looking for a marine grill/warming drawer system that runs off propane. I had found one last year on the Internet but for the life of me I can not find it again. It is perfect - for doing all sorts of grilling and keeping things warm - if you cook inside.

We did a lot of cooking inside in the MB - I guess we don't eat at restaurants too much and not too worldly at cooking different dishes on the Weber. Never used the oven though - thus trying to find that marine appliance. - Any thoughts...?

Okay mystery over.

The Pinwheel song was the theme song for the Kiddies TV show of the same name - Pinwheel Playhouse

Name:   pinwheelhouse2.gif
Views: 311
Size:  16.0 KB

Name:   pinwheellogo1.gif
Views: 258
Size:  11.0 KB

It ran from 1979 - 1989
Here are the characters I had mentionedSila the Snail
Name:   silas1.gif
Views: 564
Size:  13.5 KB
and Herbert and Lulu "Doodle Bugs" 
Name:   doodlebugs1.gif
Views: 582
Size:  8.1 KB
and here are a couple of others....Luigi O'Brien
Name:   luigi1.gif
Views: 375
Size:  7.6 KB
and Admiral Bird
Name:   admiralbird1.gif
Views: 433
Size:  4.6 KB

This show caught my eye in the early 80's in College when I had the pleasure of working with challenged kiddies in two years worth of "Placement" - It was something other than seseme street (which I was not kean on) and the kids just laughed everytime the show came on. They were video taped so not sure where they came from as I never did see it on regular TV at home.

Just a little snippet of knowlege you can file in the back corner
05ModPod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2007, 08:35 AM   #363
Rivet Master

Buckhorn , Ontario
Since we are sharing and the cookies are almost gone and I know you are going to twist my arm and turn me upsidedown until I make some more

My most favorite show when I was a little girl of the ripe age of 4 was The Magic Roundabout
Name:   TheCast.jpg
Views: 271
Size:  8.4 KB

http://magicroundabout.com/Music/magic.wav

I could not believe my eyes when I saw the recent movie to be released.

DOUGAL!!!

....with the same cast:
Brian - Snail
Dougal - Shaggy dog
Dylan - Spacey Rabbit
Ermintrude - Pink Cow
Florence - Girl
Mr McHenry - Gardener
Zebedee - Bouncing Character

And my next most favvvveee was Noddy from Toyland
Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	259
Size:	29.1 KB
ID:	32793
Noddy and his Toyland Friends Big-Ears, Tessie Bear, Mr Plod, Martha Monkey, Mr Sparks, Bumpy Dog and those naughty goblins Sly and Gobbo

But the best of all was the cool Noddy Car I got for my present going into hospital to have my tonsils out and here it is
Name:   Nodmosts.jpg
Views: 307
Size:  2.8 KB
That is when I knew I was not going to be into "Dolls" but into weird funny things - things that did silly things rather than sit on a dresser looking silly
Old 02-21-2007, 06:38 PM   #364
We can tow it!

1996 28' Excella
Where the water tastes like wine , Michigan
Hot herbal teas here

Hi all, I'm just trying this celestial seasonings herbal tea tropic of strawberry kind of reminds of youth and of this wine ...

Sharon I'm sorry I didn't put the tea bags out for the rush, I had them at the ready with the water just didn't get them out , see I needed a better checklist, your next visit I promise Brown Betty will be ready! Got to knit a funky tea cozy for her I was looking into this tie dyed looking yarn!
Attached Images

Old 02-21-2007, 07:22 PM   #365
Rivet Master

2007 23' International CCD
Lapeer , Michigan
You young things! Back in my day, we didn't have any of that there high tech entertainment. Children had puppets to watch on tv, we even had a tv repairman come to make house visits with a toolbox full of tubes. :-0 Sherry Lewis and Lamb Chop, Here's Geraldine (the giraffe),Garfield Goose and Frazier Thomas, Howdy Doody --The first "Dude"? And Captain Kangaroo with a series of a couple of pictures rocked back and forth to music. And dancing bear and Mr. Green Jeans. Oh there was Cluth Cargo with Spinner and Paddlefoot and the human lips moved.
Toon Tracker's Clutch Cargo Page
Then moving right along there was Bozo, and the three stooges, and my favorite Bullwinkle--need to get those on DVD. And somewhere in the mix was Saturday mornings with Flash Gordon and Commander Cody, and Sky King and Penny.

Well one thing hasn't changed through all the years, take tea and see, was Lipton's(?) slogan. So please Steph, I would love a cup of tea.

Then Lassie, Rin Tin Tin, Flicka...okay I obviously have been plummeted back to the past. Hope I will be able to fast forward again. I'm going backwards, pretty soon I may not have been born yet! What a trip. LOL

photography
wheel interested is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2007, 07:37 PM   #366
Rivet Master

2007 25' Safari FB SE
Santa Cruz , California
I'm right with you Carol! Only we didn't even have a TV. (Lived out in the middle of the Pacific Ocean--no reception!) But I did develop a reading and scrabble addiction that I haven't been able to shake to this day.
And tinsista, that is by far the best teapot for any and all brewing, from the current green tea rage all the way back to those strange flavors we used to savor...
So guess what came in the mail today? My new Rivettes t-shirt! Great job and many thanks, Jamie. I usually wear a small, and got a very snug medium. Great colors, great message. I love it!
Janet
Old 02-21-2007, 07:48 PM   #367
Rivet Master

1964 22' Safari
SACRAMENTO , California
Janet,

I just started playing scrabble a couple of years ago and love it!!!..I bought a travel -sized one and take it whereve I go..I can even play solo ( I don't cheat, honest)..but maybe we could have a gal's game night, with scrabble, canasta, yahtzee, and card games..anyone interested?
codybear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2007, 07:56 PM   #368
Rivet Master

2007 25' Safari FB SE
Santa Cruz , California
You bet, CB, sign me up for Scrabble!
Janet
Old 02-21-2007, 08:05 PM   #369
Rivet Master

1964 22' Safari
SACRAMENTO , California
We could have a game nite with whoever at Cassini too!!..just come on by my place!
Old 02-21-2007, 08:49 PM   #370
Rivet Master

1979 30' Argosy
Havelock , where we park it
Games night

Anyone play Phase 10, Euchre, Pegs and Jokers, Sequence or Trionimos...?? Love to play cards and board games... Carol, I remember all of the shows and people you have mentioned... seems like only yesterday..
WBCCI 10103
"Happiness is a warm Puppy" Charles Schulz
Happycampers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2007, 09:20 PM   #371
Rivet Master

1964 22' Safari
SACRAMENTO , California
Carol, I remember a cartoon called Mighty Mouse and Crusader Rabbit..sound familiar..or am I dating myself (again)?
Old 02-21-2007, 10:01 PM   #372
Rivet Master

Lapeer , Michigan
I'm up for scrabble, upwords or trionimoes!

You gotta love Andy Kauffman's lip syncing too, Here I come to save the day!

Can you imagine what our heros (menfolk) would look like all dressed as superheros? Wonder which character Bradley would choose to be. Some day we will need to have a costume party. I don't know about you but that would really crack me up seeing our men in tights with capes.

Hey who is going to tell the story tonight? Maybe something like a harlequin romance.

The night was balmy. A gentle breeze filled the air. I could smell the sea. There we were just Antonio and me and the stars above...

photography
wheel interested is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2007, 06:28 AM   #373
We can tow it!

1996 28' Excella
Where the water tastes like wine , Michigan
Love scrabble, euchre, and triominos, dominos too! Don't know the others but I'd love to learn!

Has anyone seen these new plastic playing cards that are waterproof? Might be fun to pick up for a rally, hmmm

Ooh this is fun, girls night, games and romance novels...hmm what's missing?
Oh yeah more chocolate!!!
Old 02-22-2007, 06:41 AM   #374
Rivet Master

1979 30' Argosy
chocolate dip

Good Morning Steph... Have tried the Chocolate dip by Marzetti.. hmmmmmmmmm.... and also their Peanut butter carmel dip... great with any fruit.. and my Hubby makes chocolate peanut butter fudge to die for... will have him make lots for us...
WBCCI 10103
Old 02-22-2007, 06:48 AM   #375
Rivet Master

Buckhorn , Ontario
Good Morning (as I rub my head and eyes, stretch my back and look into my bare cupboards - no groceries - I am going to starve today.

I guess all I have is "Virtual Rally Food and Games"

How about someone whip me up a batch of pancakes. Or better yet Steph hop too I will expect you in 6 hours with a beautiful quiche

Hmm brown bread and honey will have to do for my breakie this morning.

Annie did you notice it is before 9:00 today.....(I started on the Ladybug and have the "bug")

Has been around 0 the last couple of days celcius that is - just a balmy day to work on the LadyBug and shirk all other duties I would suspect.

I have put a pot of tea on - in the ONLY pot you should be serving tee in - a Stainles Steel Pot with the insides blackened from true english aging....
Old 02-22-2007, 06:54 AM   #376
Rivet Master

1979 30' Argosy
Good Morning Sharon

Sleeping in eh?? Waiting for more flight of the Ladybug... now I am looking for all things Ladybug, counting the weeks until we are home and able to start the Argosy.. Wish it was here and could get it under way... Sharon, I will have Marvin put on the blueberry pancakes.. we all know he cooks somethings better than I...
WBCCI 10103
Old 02-22-2007, 07:45 AM   #377
Rivet Master

2006 19' Safari SE
Love that teapot, Steph, and wouldn't mind trying some of the strawberry tea you've got there. Is there any left?

Huge fan of Mr. Green Jeans here, and Grandfather Clock, and I loved it when The Rabbit used to torment Captain Kangaroo by stealing carrots. I learned the inchworm song from that show and would always go running to the set whenever they repeated it. Sorry, Sharon, but I just don't recognize any of those characters of yours. Guess I have to sit in the old ladies corner now.

Anybody making blueberry pancakes for virtual breaky? I could sure use some now. I've got some lovely Vermont Maple Syrup right here waiting.

-J
Doug & Jamie, AIR #650
Old 02-22-2007, 08:06 AM   #378
Rivet Master

Buckhorn , Ontario
Hmm could I have banana or apple instead - not a big fan of blueberry

Well it is a big flake snowy day up here mild though. Just finished my latest install on the LadyBug thread and will be off to the fun stuff now.

Peter and I spent a bit of time in her last night and were really quite pleased with our purchase Inside now too. She is dirty but in solid shape.

I am a bit dissappointed with the trim level. Used to the International on the 61 and the changeover years 69 also used all metal - no plastic!!!

This one has plastic trim, curtain tracks and a few other cheaped out items - but no matter - RVS in Indiana has all the extrusions we need for the job - if I run out from the Excella parts.

Staring with the floor tile while she is frozen to keep the dust to nothing! they basically just peel off. anyway I should be writing this stuff in the other thread - but just incase you gals don't budge from the fire
Old 02-22-2007, 08:15 AM   #379
Rivet Master

2006 19' Safari SE
Sorry, Sharon, missed what you said. Oh, you like apple pancakes instead? That's fine with me too, great with the maple syrup! I was just distracted reading this other thread -- absolutely brilliant story of a couple from Canada, man and wife, who cross the border thru blistering cold and snow to pack an old Airstream out of the U.S. and back over the border. Turns out they're not carrying proper documentation, end up getting fined etc. What a wild ride! WHAT an adventure! Those Canadians sure have moxie!

Hey, Sharon, aren't you Canadian? Gee, I can't wait to meet you and your husband someday.

-J
Doug & Jamie, AIR #650
Old 02-22-2007, 09:28 AM   #380
Rivet Master

Lapeer , Michigan
Here try this syrup, Michelle (thecatsandi) made it herself! It is so good isn't it? I loved her pictures of the process, looked like a lot of fun.

While you are all busy trying this on your pancakes let me tell you what hero my hubby told me he would like to be, maybe some of you will remember that cartoon as well.
Underdog! Super-canine that talked in rhyme and the alteridentity of "humble, lovable" Shoeshine Boy. When Sweet Polly Purebred would sing, "oh where or where has my Underdog gone," humble, lovable Shoeshine Boy would slip into a phone booth and emerge as the champion of justice. "There's no need to fear, Underdog is here!" Underdog was the 1997 spokes-mutt for World Hunger Year. Ahh, my hero.

http://melaman2.com/cartoons/singles/mp3/underdog.mp3
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	underdog.jpg
Views:	98
Size:	34.9 KB
ID:	32888   Click image for larger version

Name:	underdog3.jpg
Views:	116
Size:	30.2 KB
ID:	32892  

Attached Images