Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > The Rally Zone > Forum Rallies & Meet Ups
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 03-02-2007, 08:54 AM   #481
Rivet Master

1967 20' Globetrotter
Sauquoit , New York
Annnie, I will take a small wedge of that cake and a couple of cups of that coffee...just black.

Codybear, what beautiful Rosemary. When we plant around NYS Rosemary needs to be in a pot ready to come in before th frost. This year I am going to pot some of my herbs and try bringing them in for Winter use.

Today it is snow, rain, sleet and freezing. I am working from Home today.
Aria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2007, 11:51 AM   #482
Rivet Master

2006 19' Safari SE
NW of Boston , Massachusetts
Don't mind if I do have a little piece of Annie's chocolate frosted cake, just a sliver to go with my lunch tea. Sounds wonderful, Annie! Oh, and thanks, Georgia, for the comfort food suggestion. That tomato soup at lunch was just the thing.

I have to agree with you Aria, that is one mighty fine looking rosemary plant that Codybear has. Wouldn't I love to have that growing on my porch year round?! Great idea for the container herbs too, Aria. The only one I have inside now is a little pot of catnip for the feline member of the household. It grows well indoors, and Chessie does a nice job of keeping it trimmed up.

I'm glad we found shelter last night because that tarp wouldn't have lasted for the windy, icy stuff that came down from the sky this morning. BRrrrrr.

-J
Doug & Jamie, AIR #650
LuminumTraila is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2007, 01:14 PM   #483
Rivet Master

1967 20' Globetrotter
Sauquoit , New York
Sharon your cooking one of my favorites. Save me a bit.

G. I take a toasted cheese on whole wheat and a bowl of that tomato soup.

J. Catnip...I am going to try bringing some in. I love "green" indoors even if I won't use...pretty to look at. Shades of Spring.

Weather has been a mix of all the rain,sleet,snow and NOW...sunny and beautiful. Still cold.
Aria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2007, 05:53 PM   #484
Rivet Master

2007 23' International CCD
Lapeer , Michigan
Date Night

I am going to have to wash my hair tonight. I've been sitting too close to the fire and beginning to smell like I am smoked. Tomorrow I think Brad and I will have "date night." Did you see the previews for Wild Hogs? Touchstone Pictures -- The Official Homepage Looks funny. Love the cast. I think I shall take hubby for a movie and maybe a bite to eat. I think I'll find one of those restaurants that are an old victorian house with the separate alcoves for dining. How does filet with bearnaise sauce, dauphinoise potatoes, (like a scalloped potato in layers-yum Dauphinoise Potatoes Recipe - Home Cooking) some fine oaky cabernet with a good nose and legs, hints of chocolate, complex with a nice velvety finish sound? Then split the most indulgent flourless chocolate cake they have. Oh but then where will the room be for the large tub of popcorn and extra extra and refill extra butter fit with too much popcorn salt til my lips turn light? Hmmmm maybe the show first and popcorn and pizza or taco bell afterwards. What do you think where are you going on date night?

Shari can I use your polish?

photography
wheel interested is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2007, 06:14 PM   #485
We can tow it!

1996 28' Excella
Where the water tastes like wine , Michigan
Oooh I can't wait to try that potato recipe Carol. I'm enjoying your fancy restaurant meal vicariously...sounds yummy!!
Sounds like a great atmosphere too!! Have a great time!

Most of our date nights are at home cause our sitter is too young to stay out late!!
So we watch pay per view movies or rent a dvd on home date night. When we have a sitter we try new places to eat, one of these weekends we're going to try this Ethiopian restaurant where you sit on the floor (cushions), our friends have been there several times and love it, so we're game!
Old 03-02-2007, 06:20 PM   #486
3 Rivet Member

2008 27' Classic FB
Anytown , Massachusetts
The secret is being happy

I believe you can be any where and if your happy with the person your with everything else is a bonus.

Glad everyone is safe - we got freezing ice and rain here in MA.
My A/S has a toping of snow and crushy ice -- how many days until
spring? lol not soon enough.

Stay safe ladies.

Irish.
WBCCI #8701* TAC MA-1 * NEU UNIT
Gracie...A Liver & White GSP
Get busy livin', or get busy dyin'." - The Shawshank Redemption
Whirlaway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2007, 06:24 PM   #487
Rivet Master

Lapeer , Michigan
Hi Irish and Steph, I know spring please hurry!!!!

And Irish you are a romantic. What a beautiful sentiment. You have a lovely heart.

This is a virtual date Steph, you won't have any sitter problems. Maybe I will charter a plane and scoop you all up and we fly for dinner to Paris and the next day sightseeing? Irish would you like a suite with a private balcony? Let's get away from the cold and ice.

---POOF--- Ahh where will your "poof" fairy bring you? We're here already. Steph check out this tub. Irish whadda think? Okay I have to jump on the bed, hehehe What a grand view. Glad it's evening and the lights are all twinkling. I think I can see for miles.

photography
Old 03-02-2007, 06:31 PM   #488
3 Rivet Member

2008 27' Classic FB
Anytown , Massachusetts
I am in!!!!

Let's go! I keep reading about de-winterizing and re-winterizing as a newbie; it's all over whelming - but I want to go somewhere and have fun!

Irish.
WBCCI #8701* TAC MA-1 * NEU UNIT
Gracie...A Liver & White GSP
Get busy livin', or get busy dyin'." - The Shawshank Redemption
Whirlaway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2007, 06:56 PM   #489
Rivet Master

Lapeer , Michigan
What are you packing? Wish I had a skirty thing for over my swim suit. (Have plenty of winter fluff this year) Now some nice strappy heels and a little evening dress. Let's rent a limo and crack open a bottle of champagne. Let's be sure and have those extra large chocolate covered strawberries too!

photography
Old 03-02-2007, 07:12 PM   #490
Rivet Master

1956 22' Safari
2015 27' Flying Cloud
Vintage Kin Owner
Conifer/Evergreen , Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by wheel interested
Shari can I use your polish?
Sure Carol, come on over...I'll even let you have a soak in my hot tub and give you the pedicure myself! I'm not doing anything tonight...what time shall I expect you?

Shari
WBCCI #1824 - DenCO Unit Past President (2005)
AIR #30 - Join Date: 2-25-2002

RMVAC | ACI - CO Unit (Formerly WBCCI) | BIRDY - our 1956 Safari | 1964 Serro Scotty
InsideOut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2007, 07:24 PM   #491
Rivet Master

Lapeer , Michigan
Cool. I'll bring something to nosh on and a bottle of wine. Maybe we can do my hair too. Do you have those little foam wedges to put between my toes while they are drying. Don't you just love when the phone rings and you have to walk like a duck and use your palms to pick it up.

OK everybody c'mon we are meeting up at Shari's to get gussied up.

photography
Old 03-02-2007, 08:35 PM   #492
Rivet Master

1964 22' Safari
SACRAMENTO , California
a light offering

Hot tub sounds good, I just had a banana split, would you like some?..my hubby made it for me..3 scoops of vanilla, banana, chocolate syrup that hardens when you pour it over and topped w/maraschino cherries and wanuts..I'll bring extra spoons
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	100_8625.JPG
Views:	90
Size:	182.6 KB
ID:	33334  
codybear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2007, 08:49 PM   #493
Rivet Master

Lapeer , Michigan
Wowie Paula! I am drooling. Now that's a banana split, yummie.

photography
Old 03-02-2007, 08:55 PM   #494
Rivet Master

1964 22' Safari
SACRAMENTO , California
Carol, I've got more, want some???
Old 03-02-2007, 09:08 PM   #495
Rivet Master

Lapeer , Michigan
Do I ever!!! Thanks. I am such a shameless chocoholic. Here I brought some sugar wafers and Pirouette Rolled Wafers. Have some.

photography
Old 03-02-2007, 09:09 PM   #496
Rivet Master

1964 22' Safari
SACRAMENTO , California
ooh, yum, I like sugar wafers, and that pirouette rolled wafers too!!..what flavor did you bring?
Old 03-02-2007, 09:58 PM   #497
Rivet Master

Lapeer , Michigan
Biscos vanilla, and Rulokat's filled with hazelnut cream and Plain Peppridge Farm.

I did a search for offices here and didn't find a thread. I am thinking about redoing my desk area here. Any one have pictures of their home office whether in the home or in the Airstream? Would be interesting to have a "come as you are" type picture of just where we are sitting right now. (well maybe not mine) I have been stacking things up and pushing furniture around today, nailing up pictures and rotating bricabrac. Time for a change and this is just the weather and time of year to do that kind of thing.

Here's an old picture. I'm actually using a wide flat panel now that the monitor died and my one scanner is history now too unfortunately. Then I have two towers under foot and another widescreen laptop for the Airstream to watch movies in the bedroom. It is much messier right now. I need to buy another desk and figure out what to do with the walls. Oh and the phone is wireless now, thank heavens. Does anyone use the telephone jacks in their AS anymore?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	inmyroom.jpg
Views:	92
Size:	56.9 KB
ID:	33340  

photography
Old 03-03-2007, 05:10 AM   #498
Rivet Master

2006 19' Safari SE
NW of Boston , Massachusetts
The movie looks great, Carol. I'll have to wait for the video though. I think Tin Sista and I must have the same sitter. I'll be planning for late date night 2012. The movie does look fun though. What a great cast!

How'd you guys keep that ice cream from melting around the campfire? Oh, right, it's still cold outside isn't it. Is there any vanilla left? I'll put a scoop on my pancakes this morning.

Wish I could help with your home office, but what we have now is more like a spare table with a computer and printer sitting on top of it, and a laptop that travels -- an ancient Dell that I'm hoping to replace with a Mac as soon as I work out what I need and want. It's getting harder for me to keep up with this stuff. But I'm a fan of Mac, and a sucker for those ads on TV. (You are coming to a sad realization, cancel or allow?)

-J
Doug & Jamie, AIR #650
LuminumTraila is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2007, 08:14 AM   #499
Rivet Master

2005 22' International CCD
Buckhorn , Ontario
Wow what is this I leave the fire for an emergency computer issue and you all get mushy on me - Thanks Codybear fro bring the gals back to reality and chocolate. I thought we had lost Carol for good then for a minute..virtual dates, romantic bounces on the bed paris and the victorian alcoves - gishh Carol whatcha been smokin

Now on the other end of the spectrum - an Office - Laptops are the best - that way you can make your entire house/trailer your office.

My office that I can not photo right now - is actually an 89 credenza shelf unit with side writing table on one wall of my spare bedroom. When I want it to be a bedroom the table folds away. I use an all in one epson for black/colour and scanning - with my old clunker lexmark for a PS printer - Have my eyes on the laser all in ones that are slowly coming within the financial reach..... but not quite.

I sit at my dinning table mostly cause I can see all around the house through most of the windows in the open concept we have here. As well as the fire and the TV (when and If I ever have it on)

Computer is now back from hospital - bad Kingston memory stick is the culprit - so that is my next order of business on Monday.

but it gave me a wake up call - I have over 8000 photos in iphoto that I need to make back ups of. I have a 250 Gig back up drive that I never use - but it always hangs up when I do multiple copies of the photos out of i-photo - such an unstable program - must figure out how to mass dump out of i-photo and make backups.

I am runing on half ram right now so I don't want to do too much that requires lots of computing and photos are a big sucker up of ram.

Glad to be back - and heading out to work on LadyBug

That Sunday was so good.

PS we came away from that last storm relitively unscathed - 6 inches of snow and now it is all melting really quick...
05ModPod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2007, 09:53 AM   #500
Rivet Master

Lapeer , Michigan
A girl can dream can't she? I am outnumbered in a household of male beasts. Dog hair, dog slobber, hiking boots, ten feet(literally) of snow and mud, doors open, dash and push for the outdoors, better not be in the doorway or the hallway when that happens! Silk, satin and bows,5 star appointments, yeah right, I got all girlie. Whew, I'm back. Don't worry about it Sharon, I've been running on half ram for a long time(and I don't mean the computer)!

photography