Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > The Rally Zone > Forum Rallies & Meet Ups
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 02-20-2007, 04:28 PM   #341
Rivet Master

2005 22' International CCD
Buckhorn , Ontario
Croft Sherry is very light and smooth although much sweeter than wine it is not as sweet as some sherrys out there.

It is a great ladies drink - and the only real time I feel like a lady The rest is well down and dirty literally...

Here is the start of our new Thread - no stories yet but the start of her name....with a couple of pictures.

http://www.airforums.com/forum...tml#post344690
05ModPod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2007, 05:07 PM   #342
Rivet Master

1967 20' Globetrotter
Sauquoit , New York
G. Now you know Croft Sherry. Sharon knows and enjoys.
Aria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2007, 05:09 PM   #343
Rivet Master

1995 30' Limited
Ashland , Missouri
Sharon gave a great intro to LadyBug in her new thread. Don't miss it. She does the Rivettes proud ~G
Chev Silverado 2500HD Duramax/Allison, 4X4, Crew Cab
WBCCI #5013 AIR #2908
WDCU
Go, Mizzou...Tigers on the prowl!
maxandgeorgia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2007, 06:57 PM   #344
Rivet Master

1964 22' Safari
SACRAMENTO , California
Time to kick back

It's sunset time behind our Safari .time to relax after dinner. cheers!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	100_1737.JPG
Views:	121
Size:	155.5 KB
ID:	32734  
codybear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2007, 07:02 PM   #345
Rivet Master

2007 25' Safari FB SE
Santa Cruz , California
What a great sky above that silver dome, cb! And I just love the only-in-CA silhouetted treeline of deciduous trees, conifers, and palms!
Old 02-20-2007, 07:09 PM   #346
Rivet Master

Buckhorn , Ontario
CodyBear - sure wish I was in CA right now - I would be outside digging into all the nooks and crannies of LadyBug right now.

Bit scary to do it in the cold - not to mention too cold.

What a nice photograph too!

Do you camp in her on your driveway???

That could give a whole new meaning to a "Rivette Rush".
Old 02-20-2007, 07:37 PM   #347
Rivet Master

Buckhorn , Ontario
Quote:
Originally Posted by wheel interested
Sharon, Lady Bug is such a good name for the GT. She sure is a great find. How do you manage to find these jewels in front of all of our noses but passing undetected?
I have no idea - fate I guess. With the 69 it was our first and she just happened to be in the classifieds. With the 61 Overlander I found her on RVOnline.com and just had to have her. And now this one - coming up on e-bay - a place I thought I would never buy an airstream or anything big for that matter from - but the shell was so sweet I could not resist. And for it to come up a week after us selling the 69 is hmmm I would say "meant to be".

Quote:
Once you put your ingenuity and elbow grease to her she will be taking ribbons on the concourse, I'm certain. Now that she is properly christened as Lady Bug, have you thoughts for her interior? Will you be pursuing the Rosie motif?
I think I will have no elbows left after this one

Bringing the LadyBug into the fold of my initial decor scheme will be easy!

In England the LadyBug is called a LadyBird - LadyBirds fly and I am sure some fellow back in the war days called his plane a "LadyBird" or "LadyBug"

As well the curtains were red and white pokadots - and the LadyBug is Red and black and some are white - so that fits well too.

So really I am keeping everything the way it was - with Rosie the Riveter the inspiration and the new trailer name will be LadyBug rather than "Rusty" - Perhaps if I was a redhead I may have stuck with it but I feel more like a "LadyBug" in my life and adventures too.

Quote:
What an adventure! One misstep along the way and you and Peter could have been a modern day Bonnie and Clyde. Just how many guards surrounded you at the border? Well ladies I think we have our caravan leader. hehe Oh My Sharon, you've got moxie!!!
Too funny!!! got the papers all up to date now and LadyBug is officially Canadian with a "current" Title/Registration. I transferred the plates from MoonBeam over to LadyBug to save a bit of money to pay for my traffic ticket. The Yukon!! also has her pretty little PINK FEB08 plate sticker now too.

I will take some new pics tomorrow of the interior before I get my sleeves rolled up so we can REALLY see our progress as we tackle this one.

I would love to lead a Caravan and one day I'm sure I will but not now
Old 02-20-2007, 07:40 PM   #348
Rivet Master

1964 22' Safari
SACRAMENTO , California
You know, with all the inspiration from you gals, I may just have to camp in the Safari sometime!!!..maybe just to 'get away from it all'..we've got the safari inside our fence, so I'd certainly feel safe!..
codybear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2007, 08:10 PM   #349
Rivet Master

2007 23' International CCD
Lapeer , Michigan
Oh Girls, another day's end with a beautiful sunset. Just look at it. I feel warm all over, the sunset, the company, the fire, the sherry?

CodyBear do try driveway camping. It's fun. People used to tease me, did you spend another night in your driveway? I sure did.

Sharon you tied in the theme with the name wonderfully. I bet you could teach us a thing or two about relativity. Let's play a game and see if we can stump Sharon.

Sharon, tell us what connection peanut butter and pinwheels have. Now that may do it, but she's pretty sharp, let's see.

Will you accept my challenge Sharon?

photography
wheel interested is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2007, 08:16 PM   #350
Rivet Master

Buckhorn , Ontario
Quote:
Originally Posted by codybear
You know, with all the inspiration from you gals, I may just have to camp in the Safari sometime!!!..maybe just to 'get away from it all'..we've got the safari inside our fence, so I'd certainly feel safe!..
Wow - safe from what???

The most we would be scared of around here would be chipmonks on steroids! Or Bears being a bit to curious just kidding no bears around here that we have seen - up the road yes not here in our little spot in the woods.

Great place for a camp fire.

Your place looks great but also looks like it is out in the country - yes?

We too are looking into ideas for a shelter/garage to work on the two Airstreams - one at a time of course and the LadyBug just bumped Dr. MoonBeam (or MoonBeam2 ???) in the line. Need to have a concrete pad
rather than gravel to work on.

Don't want to confuse anyone - the Dr. MoonBeam is the 61 Overlander that will also have some work done on her at the same time if possible. That will be my way of keeping Peter busy and letting me alone to work on LadyBug. Until I need his help He said I might have a bit of trouble with removing the axle tee hee - yep I think so - a bit too heavy for me.

CodyBear - go for it camp out in the trailer there is nothing like it - you just let your imagination go and you could be anywhere in the world when you close your Safari door behind you. It is like a grown up kitchen table tent that you used to make when you were a kid with all the pretend utensils.

Inside the Safari it is not pretend though - it is real and the feeling and experience is wonderful. Grown-ups can have fun too.

I will wait to join you in the Spring - as I do not want to stick to the side of the trailer - and hmm I don't think anyone could pay me enough to camp out in the LadyBug right now....pretend or no pretend
Old 02-20-2007, 08:33 PM   #351
Rivet Master

Buckhorn , Ontario
Quote:
..........Sharon, tell us what connection peanut butter and pinwheels have. Now that may do it, but she's pretty sharp, let's see.

Will you accept my challenge Sharon?
Hmmm lets see.....I know what a Pinwheel is and I love Peanut Butter.
PeanutButter Pinwheel Cookies - you gals will be sent to bed with a delicious treat!!!

Now here is spin of the challenge back at you Carol....

Pinwheel, pinwheel, spinning around.
Look at my Pinwheel and see what I've found.
Pinwheel, pinwheel, where have you been?
Hello, how are you, and may I come in?
Pinwheel, pinwheel spinning around.
Look at my Pinwheel and see what I found.
Pinwheel, pinwheel, breezy and bright.
Spin me good morning, spin me good night.

Is the theme song for what?.....hint Silas the Snail, Herbert and Lulu were characters - can you name some others?

Old 02-20-2007, 09:32 PM   #352
Rivet Master

2007 23' International CCD
Lapeer , Michigan
I will have a cookie please. You didn't even miss a beat. And a poem to go with no less!! Well but you have stumped me. I don't know, nope drawing a big blank. But as I take my cookie with I will keep thinking. snail, Lulu? Don Knots? Sweet Dreams everyone, don't let the Lady Bugs (owner) bite.

photography
wheel interested is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2007, 09:54 PM   #353
Rivet Master

Buckhorn , Ontario
sorry I stepped away from the fire for a bit but I am back - and this is what I have been doing....

Peanut Butter Chocolate Pinwheels

Melted chocolate chips provide the filling for these peanut butter pinwheel cookies.

INGREDIENTS:
• 1/2 cup peanut butter
• 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons shortening
• 2 tablespoons butter, room temperature
• 1 cup granulated sugar
• 1 large egg
• 1 1/2 tablespoons milk
• 1 teaspoon vanilla
• 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
• 1/2 teaspoon salt
• 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
• 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips, melted

PREPARATION:
In a mixing bowl with hand-held electric mixer, cream peanut butter, butter, shortening, and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in egg, milk, and vanilla. In another bowl, combine flour, salt, and soda. Stir flour mixture into the first mixture, blending well. Chill dough for 1 1/2 hours, or until firm enough to handle. divide dough in half. Roll each half of cookie dough out on a floured piece of wax paper to a 10x8-inch rectangle. Spread with half of the melted chocolate. Starting at long edge, roll up like a jelly roll. Wrap in waxed paper and repeat with remaining dough and chocolate. Chill for 30 minutes, then slice 1/4 inch thick. If chilled longer, the chocolate will harden and they might be difficult to slice.

Bake cookies at 375° for 8 minutes, or until lightly browned. Makes about 4 dozen cookies.

They have just come out of the Oven - I will set them out for any of you who can not sleep.....
Old 02-21-2007, 05:30 AM   #354
Rivet Master

1979 30' Argosy
Havelock , where we park it
Thanks Sharon

Good morning, Those cookies sure taste good with morning coffee.. liked them so much I am going to make some for Marvin... could Splenda be used in place of sugar... ???? Stay warm...
WBCCI 10103
"Happiness is a warm Puppy" Charles Schulz
Happycampers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2007, 05:44 AM   #355
Rivet Master

2006 19' Safari SE
NW of Boston , Massachusetts
Mornin', Annie. Looks like we're the early-risers again this a.m. Thanks for getting the coffee going, and thanks to Sharon for leaving us a few pinwheels along with the recipe.

Sharon -- I don't recognize your little tune either but it right away reminded me of this rhyme we used to do in kindergarten circle, way back when:

Ladybug, ladybug: turn around.
Ladybug, ladybug: touch the ground.
Ladybug, ladybug: read the news.
Ladybug, ladybug: go upstairs.
Ladybug, ladybug: say your prayers.
Ladybug, ladybug: turn out the light.
Ladybug, ladybug: say good night.

Yes, codybear, do give driveway camping a try. Especially with such a fantastic location. You are tempting me again with that photo -- you know how much I want to get out to California. My girls and I like to have sleepovers in the Bambi, and sometimes we just get up in the morning and take breakfast out there. We have a few black bears around here, but they don't carry can-openers so I think we're pretty safe in the driveway.

-J

Doug & Jamie, AIR #650
LuminumTraila is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2007, 05:52 AM   #356
Rivet Master

1979 30' Argosy
Morning Jamie

Hi.. Early am risers... I should phone and get Sharon out of bed... .. she would be so very pleased.. .. miss our dear friends.. Jamie... we have changed our membership from the Ontario unit to the New England unit... we love Pennwood and have met Pam and Namcy there... we ended up being part of a rally there in 2004... great people.. Annie
WBCCI 10103
Old 02-21-2007, 06:29 AM   #357
Rivet Master

2006 19' Safari SE
The weathermap is saying it's sunny and warm down there in Florida today, Annie. Can you confirm that? I sure do miss that sunny, orange juice feeling I get when I'm down south. We're going back (the whole fam!) over spring break.

Have we met at any rallies? Please forgive me if I've bumped into you before and didn't remember. My mind is mush with these things, and we've only been to a few rallies a year since we joined NEU. It's a really nice bunch of people, don't cha think? But we will be moving to the WDCU with our fall registration. They are also a very nice group, and they have the added benefit of being one of those units that handles its business over the internet, which will make membership a whole lot easier for us.
Doug & Jamie, AIR #650
Old 02-21-2007, 06:42 AM   #358
We can tow it!

1996 28' Excella
Where the water tastes like wine , Michigan
Thumbs up Thanks for the recipe Sharon, looks yummy!

I'm going to try that recipe out on the guys for Easter looks tasty!

Gosh the pinwheel and the ladybug songs remind me of that
song about the cat who went to London.

Anyone remember the song "Little Sir Echo how do you do?"

Love that ladybug thread Sharon!! Can't wait to see the updates!
Old 02-21-2007, 06:48 AM   #359
Rivet Master

2006 19' Safari SE
The cat who went to London? Don't think I know that one, Tin Sista. Can you give us a few lines?

-J
Doug & Jamie, AIR #650
Old 02-21-2007, 06:58 AM   #360
Rivet Master

1979 30' Argosy
Hello Jamie.. We have been to 3 form Rallies.. bith Metro-Detroit rallies and to the Georgia Mountain Fairground last fall... met great people at both.. will definitely do Georgia again.. loved the Lake and the Park... have been to a few Ontario WBCCI rallies and the one at Penwood , Labor Day w/e 2004..willl definitely try for the Summer rally for the sisters... definitely like the Arcadia area.. Hubby works here thru the winter and I go home and work during the summer..
WBCCI 10103