Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Knowledgebase > Airstream Trailer Forums > Classic > 2016 - Current Classic (all lengths)
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 02-09-2020, 04:57 PM   #1
1 Rivet Member

2019 30' Classic
BOONE , Iowa
Alde - Service needed

We are traveling with our new to us 2018 Classic and the Alde system is not working. No heat and no hot water. Can someone recommend a service center or mobile tech who is knowledgeable about the system. We will be going through Birmingham, Montgomery and Savannah. I would really like some heat and hot water though before we get to Savannah. Right now we are in Memphis and had an appointment set up but have been warned away from the dealership. Alde knowledge is the key request. Thanks for your help!!! I want a warm night and a hot shower!
Cejones4210 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2020, 05:07 PM   #2
Rivet Master

2018 30' Classic
Thousand Oaks , California
Have you guys gone through the trouble shooting already? May just need a simple reset?

Follow our adventures!
@airstreamvagabond on Instagram and YouTube
BigSxyWhtGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2020, 05:14 PM   #3
1 Rivet Member

2019 30' Classic
BOONE , Iowa
Alde errors

When we turn on the system the light is red, I thought it was supposed to be green. On electric only, nothing happens after hours of waiting. On gas, it worked one night, but the next when we turned it on we received flashing warning lights “gas failure “. I know the propane is on with full tanks and stove works, but nothing on the Alde. No heat and no hot water. We need help!
Old 02-09-2020, 05:17 PM   #4
1 Rivet Member

2019 30' Classic
BOONE , Iowa
After reading, husband is still not sure how to do a reset. This is our first time out with it.
Old 02-09-2020, 05:48 PM   #5
Rivet Master

2000 25' Safari
Davidson County , NC Highlands County, FL
I have no experience with Alde other than taking a look at a new trailer.
Maybe this video will help.
I also remember seeing a red reset button on the display, under the tools (wrench symbol on the display). I have no idea what that reset button does, just remember seeing it.

and another troubleshooting video>

Good luck!
Old 02-09-2020, 06:06 PM   #6
Rivet Master

2018 30' Classic
You can try doing the battery disconnect truck first. Go to the panel by the door and hit the disconnect button. Give it 30 seconds and then flip it back on.

When I had the gas failure it was because I ran out of propane and when I switched tanks I failed to reset the Alde. The fridge will do the same thing and flash LP and will need a reset to correct it.

Let us know if the reset works. Is your Alde panel under the sink or by the firefly?

Follow our adventures!
Old 02-09-2020, 06:38 PM   #7
1 Rivet Member

2019 30' Classic
BOONE , Iowa
I did do the battery disconnect and when I turned the Alde system on the light turned green. Yea!! We hit the propane button and water button. The glycol is gurgling. So we will wait and see if it heats.
The panel is by the firefly. Thanks so much!!
I’ll let you know if we get heat and hot water.
Old 02-09-2020, 06:59 PM   #8
Rivet Master

2018 30' Classic
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cejones4210 View Post
I did do the battery disconnect and when I turned the Alde system on the light turned green. Yea!! We hit the propane button and water button. The glycol is gurgling. So we will wait and see if it heats.

Perfect! 9/10 that reset method fixes most of the electrical problems you will encounter. There is a great Alde thread on here too that has a wealth of knowledge if you have the time to read it.

Have fun

Follow our adventures!
Old 02-10-2020, 10:28 AM   #9
2 Rivet Member

2018 30' Classic
Yorba Linda , California
Sounds like you found your answer! Yay! We had the same problem with our 2018 30’ Classic on our maiden voyage. Of course the dealer was closed, so no help there. A google search taught me a lot! I learned about the reset/control way under the kitchen sink and discovered we had blown a fuse.
We just received a letter from Airstream that they want us to bring our trailer in for an Aldi Inspection, flush and upgrade the glycol used, free of charge. You May look into this as well.
Safe travels!
CarrieAnn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2020, 10:44 AM   #10
ObviouslyKnot

Currently Looking...
KAILUA , HI
Quote:
When you have some time (weeks) there is some user experience-corporate knowledge collected in the thread, Much Ado About Alde. Started with the new '17 Classic ALDE's and moved on to the '18 ALDE and beyond. A few secrets and tricks are there that might be helpful.
Old 02-10-2020, 10:47 AM   #11
ObviouslyKnot

Currently Looking...
KAILUA , HI
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarrieAnn View Post
. . .
We just received a letter from Airstream that they want us to bring our trailer in for an Aldi Inspection, flush and upgrade the glycol used, free of charge. You May look into this as well.
Safe travels!
Wah??? Be sure to keep all letters, documentation, printed emails, receipts, etc. for the life of the trailer.
Old 02-10-2020, 01:26 PM   #12
2 Rivet Member

2017 30' Classic
Vonore , Tennessee
Low fluid

Gurgling to me means low fluid / or air in Alde lines. See what your book recommends for that. Purchase Fluid at dealer. Use no other.
We fill ours in the bathroom cabinet. Bleeding lines in front of unit and towel bar is usually enough.
Laurai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2020, 06:02 PM   #13
2019 - 33' Classic

2019 33' Classic
Grand Junction , Colorado
Following - thank you!
RickyNelson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2020, 09:21 AM   #14
Airstream Ambassador

Jackson Center , Ohio
Quote:
We are traveling with our new to us 2018 Classic and the Alde system is not working. No heat and no hot water. Can someone recommend a service center or mobile tech who is knowledgeable about the system. We will be going through Birmingham, Montgomery and Savannah. I would really like some heat and hot water though before we get to Savannah. Right now we are in Memphis and had an appointment set up but have been warned away from the dealership. Alde knowledge is the key request. Thanks for your help!!! I want a warm night and a hot shower!
Hi Cejones4210,*

Did you get everything figured out? If you still need assistance, please don't hesitate to reach out to us by sending us a direct message with your contact information and the last 6 digits of your VIN so we can share it with our Customer Service and Technical Support team.

You can also reach Airstream Customer Service and Technical Support at*customersupport@airstream.com

Thank you.*