Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > The Rally Zone > Forum Rallies & Meet Ups
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 01-28-2009, 08:57 AM   #2261
Rivet Master

2005 22' International CCD
Buckhorn , Ontario
Quote:
Originally Posted by thecatsandi View Post
Well when I bought the house I thought I was going to be able to bring the trailer in and out the back of the property. The Church behind was officially asked for permission. They denied. Seems they are planning on selling some time in the future.
There is a 10 foot gate on one side and I can get the trailer in there. One small problem the Gas meter is in the way. At settlement they set aside money to have the meter moved to the back or front of the house. Where ever the gas line comes to the house. I had a front hitch installed on my truck so I can see the trailer while "backing" it into the yard.
I am going to put in a concrete pad electric and sewer for full self service when I get home.

Wow Michelle that sounds awesome - there really is nothing like going out to the AS and hanging out and dreaming of taking her out in the future...You can pretty much go anywhere you want when you step through the door...it truly is and adult "wendy backyard playhouse".

Well tell ya what - run a church function that involves your airstream and a charity of sorts and then they might just warm up to the idea....if you planed it so that the opening was open for the open house so to speak and then it would just be a matter of setting up for the day tee hee....

When you have it all set you will have to post photos for sure - I can't wait to see what you end up with.

The place I am going - the host couple at an old century house is setting up the space with tables and chairs and things to make me feel right at home. It is so cool. I decided not to do the RV Park scene and take up a friends offer to stay at another friends place where they host retreats in the country.

I am going to stay at a county park for a bit by the ocean at the beginning and then move up and settle in for the rest of the winter just north of Charleston. I know the weather will be chilly in comparison to most peoples likings - but I really love the early spring and fall type weather. You can do so many things and not get all hot and bothered if the weather is too warm.

My girls will love the weather too - and it will beat what I am seeing outside my window today!!! - snow blizzards all day apparently - on the day I slated to pack up the trailer - so I will have to get the towels out for the floor. Cause a little snow is not going to put my schedule off...

Good luck with your AS Dreaming Back Yard Pad...
05ModPod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2009, 03:15 PM   #2262
Rivet Master

1978 29' Ambassador
Walnut Cove , North Carolina
Sharon, Did you receive my PM? Dannie
Old 01-28-2009, 06:25 PM   #2263
Rivet Master

Buckhorn , Ontario
Quote:
Originally Posted by danalee View Post
Sharon, Did you receive my PM? Dannie
Hi Dannie;

Do you mean the one with your address? - Yes - back in early Dec right. I did just read the not you left in my profile - forgot all about that place...so many places to check...
Old 01-28-2009, 07:38 PM   #2264
Rivet Master

1978 29' Ambassador
I have a hard time keeping up with posts and messages too. I actually got out and did a little work on the Princess today. I also have been buying stuff to furnish her and have been trying to find a good refrigerator. I think Best Buy has what I want but they don't stock it anywhere so I have to pay shipping. Oh well...Where north of Charleston are you going to stay? I love the Isle of Palm down there. This seems to be an endless winter and I feel bad even complaining about it compared to the northern states (and Canada).
Old 01-28-2009, 07:49 PM   #2265
Rivet Master

Buckhorn , Ontario
Well let me tell ya - I am having a hard time keeping up with all that has to get done before I can leave....

Today I wanted to do so much but of course we have had a blizzard ALL day and it is still going.

but I managed to at least get my sleeping/entertainment - okay let me rephrase that - since there is no couch the bedroom doubles as a "Pad" like in the 70's

Since I am bringing the dogs - I had to think of something that would not drive me totally nuts with either white or black dog hair - although I am sure I will have my Shark going everyday!!!

So after some great strength - I tackled the mattress from hell. Removed the cheapy pad that I got earlier and put on the new memory foam and mattress pad and new sheets and duvet.

Next I have to tackle the dinette. The cushions sit too low and I always hit my funny bone on the top of the dinette so I am looking at something different - not sure what though and only a few days - or I may have to do something on the road...

Ha new ones are just as much fun but with out all the elbow grease - but gosh I want a different mattress - Paula you did not hear this - I know I have not got around to doing it yet. I like it but I hate so I can not decide....

Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_3495.jpg
Views:	97
Size:	29.2 KB
ID:	74764

Name:	DSC_3494.jpg
Views:	105
Size:	39.9 KB
ID:	74763

Name:	DSC_3498.jpg
Views:	118
Size:	61.3 KB
ID:	74765

Name:	DSC_3484.jpg
Views:	120
Size:	58.7 KB
ID:	74762
Old 01-28-2009, 07:59 PM   #2266
Rivet Master

Buckhorn , Ontario
Quote:
I have a hard time keeping up with posts and messages too. I actually got out and did a little work on the Princess today. I also have been buying stuff to furnish her and have been trying to find a good refrigerator. I think Best Buy has what I want but they don't stock it anywhere so I have to pay shipping. Oh well...Where north of Charleston are you going to stay? I love the Isle of Palm down there. This seems to be an endless winter and I feel bad even complaining about it compared to the northern states (and Canada).
I was really lucky and scored a fridge way out in California - it was a late 90's 3 way fridge - only paid 100 for it and 80 shipping - so it worked out great.

What size fridge are you looking for?

I am staying around James Island for a bit and then heading to quaint private place in Monks Corner - it is not an RV park I am staying with friends of a friend. Their place is fabulous and will be perfect for some R&R, photography and kayaking - and a great place to knuckle down and work on our small business and perhaps do some writing.

Annie and Marvin are dangling some bait for me to head further south west over to Texas - but I have promised that I would not be more than a days or two drive from home - this trip.
Old 01-28-2009, 08:02 PM   #2267
Rivet Master

1979 30' Argosy
Havelock , where we park it
Ah.. come on Sharon... can't beat the rate or the people or the location.. lots of waterfront for the dogs to run and also to kayak in....
WBCCI 10103
"Happiness is a warm Puppy" Charles Schulz
Happycampers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2009, 08:06 PM   #2268
Rivet Master

1978 29' Ambassador
Well I just got a new hybrid kayak and if you bring yours I can take you to the "hot hole" by the nearby steam plant on Belews Lake. I'm new at kayaking too so I'm sure I will be slow but heck you have to learn one way or the other. I took a couple of classes so at least if I flip I know how to get out:>
Old 01-28-2009, 08:08 PM   #2269
Rivet Master

Buckhorn , Ontario
Quote:
Originally Posted by Happycampers View Post
Ah.. come on Sharon... can't beat the rate or the people or the location.. lots of waterfront for the dogs to run and also to kayak in....
Woman you drive a hard bargain....

My book is open for now - so I will say maybe - how is that.....
Old 01-28-2009, 08:11 PM   #2270
Rivet Master

Buckhorn , Ontario
Quote:
Well I just got a new hybrid kayak and if you bring yours I can take you to the "hot hole" by the nearby steam plant on Belews Lake. I'm new at kayaking too so I'm sure I will be slow but heck you have to learn one way or the other. I took a couple of classes so at least if I flip I know how to get out:>
Hey that is cool - you just have to ask Steph how fast I kayak Actually steph did we even use our paddles or did we let the current take us all the way - no wait - we did just that one time where Steph was teaching me how to go backwards - and her perfect extraction from the mud.

I have my short fatties with me - I am bringing both - so that my friend does not have to rent all the time. I would love to go.. Will touch base with Paula again and see what is up and how flexible her travel radius is.
Old 01-29-2009, 09:19 AM   #2271
Miss Rivette

1965 17' Caravel
Hell , Michigan
Send a message via AIM to airedale Send a message via MSN to airedale Send a message via Yahoo to airedale
Quote:
Originally Posted by airedale View Post
Sharon, I do leave the state more than once a year, infact, Im going to New Mexico on Feb 23, and thats why I cant come, I dont have enough vacation for NM and the International rally in Madison, WI this year. Im also going to the KY rally, and will be in Dayton, OH for 4 days in May. So trust me, I get out of the state more than you know!

Sorry, I made a typo, I am going to the International. So between all of the trips, with NM, INternational, and the KY rally, I have no vacation after all these fun trips planned.
Operation "SAVE RUDY" Strike Team (Charter Member)

Check Out My New Airstream Blog
airedale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2009, 04:58 PM   #2272
Rivet Master

Buckhorn , Ontario
Quote:
Originally Posted by airedale View Post
Sorry, I made a typo, I am going to the International. So between all of the trips, with NM, INternational, and the KY rally, I have no vacation after all these fun trips planned.
Oh my girl.....add a smily here and there - I was pulling your leg - I did say that you were a "pretty extensive traveler"

Sounds like you have a crazy adventurous itinerary lined up for 09. Hope you will be starting a travel blog so we can all keep up with you.

I might do the International this year too - just not sure I will have any money left tee hee..
Old 01-29-2009, 05:37 PM   #2273
We can tow it!

1996 28' Excella
Where the water tastes like wine , Michigan
Talking Newsflash-- Canadian gets sunburn in January

He he that sunburn is surely the one to put in the tourist manual, I am writing a similar one up for Michigan...gotta boost that economy somehow...

happy travels to all!!

Good for you Carol, hang in there.
Old 01-29-2009, 07:51 PM   #2274
Rivet Master

1977 27' Overlander
Trotwood , Ohio
Send a message via Yahoo to Mikethefixit
Hi Carol
Hope the surgery went well and U are feeling new and improved. IT appears from what I have read,but not all, that U ladies are planning something without us men(designated drivers) which is OK but in doing so U eliminated the ladies who don't drive. We had a lot of fun with U all last yr. Laura did an excellent job with the first rally of the yr. We appreciated being invited.
We may have to rethink our priorities for camping this season.We went to a local RV show and MaryLou was all excited and went into every unit at the show.She even picked out and purchased new awning mat. She is already excited about the coming season. She will be disappointed to hear she has been eliminated from the first Rivette Rally of the season because she doesn't drive. So U girls have fun without us men.
Sharon MaryLou is still holding what she bought for U for the ladybug. Say hey to Peter.
7.3 liter Power Stroke Diesel
1977 27ft OVERLANDER
KA8LMQ
AIR # 22336 TAC- OH-7
May your roads be straight and smooth and may you always have a tailwind!
Mikethefixit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2009, 08:09 PM   #2275
Rivet Master

2007 23' International CCD
Lapeer , Michigan
Hi Roger, I don't know if I am the new and improved version but I sure would like to try to be! Exercise is next on my list.

There's got to be a spring rally I would think! Ralph's rally is in July. Rhonda and Dave's rally is in August or is it June?

Brad and I are hoping to find jobs for this summer so we wont be signing up in advance for any of the rallies this next season in case we aren't able to attend by being out of the area.

btw, just talked to Brad. He left yesterday morning despite the snow and ice. Tonight he is in El Reno, Oklahoma about 250 miles East of Amarillo Texas and 500 miles short of his destination in New Mexico Desert Haven Animal Refuge Home
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	IMG_4206.jpg
Views:	125
Size:	152.2 KB
ID:	74824   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4208.jpg
Views:	113
Size:	136.6 KB
ID:	74827  

photography
wheel interested is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2009, 08:56 PM   #2276
We can tow it!

1996 28' Excella
Where the water tastes like wine , Michigan
Rivettes ??

Hey,
Whats up with the rivettes? Are we getting together? Men or no men I'm driving, and I'm cranking up the tunes so I can hear nothing over Motown, so if I hear screams from the passenger side I just turn up the volume and think hmm road noise must be some big potholes making all that racket
Old 01-29-2009, 08:58 PM   #2277
Miss Rivette

1965 17' Caravel
Hell , Michigan
Send a message via AIM to airedale Send a message via MSN to airedale Send a message via Yahoo to airedale
Aww, what good pictures Carol, ok now, TIME TO PARTY!

Old 01-29-2009, 09:02 PM   #2278
Rivet Master

1978 29' Ambassador
Carol, Looking at your pictures reminds me of why I don't miss Michigan. LOL I have met some folks that have worked at the National Parks out west for the summer. You also might try at Chimney Rock Park in Lake Lure, NC which has just become a state park and is sooo beautiful.
Old 01-29-2009, 09:12 PM   #2279
Miss Rivette

1965 17' Caravel
Hell , Michigan
Quote:
Originally Posted by tin sista View Post
Hey,
Whats up with the rivettes? Are we getting together? Men or no men I'm driving, and I'm cranking up the tunes so I can hear nothing over Motown, so if I hear screams from the passenger side I just turn up the volume and think hmm road noise must be some big potholes making all that racket

Steph, didnt you already have a run with the law about your music once already? Dont want to do that again!

Old 01-29-2009, 09:43 PM   #2280
Rivet Master

2007 23' International CCD
Lapeer , Michigan
Steph and Laura you will lead me astray, and without too much resistance I might add!! party, driving, cranking tunes, screaming sounds like Rivettes, yup.

Dannie, Chimney Rock In Lake Lure sounds great. I will check it out. Thanks for the tip. We have applied at Grand Tetons at Signal Mountain Lodge but I will probably get a few more applications out to Glacier Park and Yellowstone. I have been following the information for National Park jobs on coolworks.com. I think it would be fantastic to be in an area so majestic and diverse as a National Park with International workers and visitors. We could bring in two paychecks, still play in paradise, use our Airstreams instead of being marooned at home, take pictures and video, hike and learn about wildlife (no...not just the college kids ) and geology and such.

photography
wheel interested is offline   Reply With Quote