Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > Clubs, Organizations & Associations > WBCCI Forum
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 05-28-2011, 05:40 PM   #1061
Rivet Master

1960 28' Ambassador
Vintage Kin Owner
1998 25' Safari
Avonton , Ontario
If Paul can have his motorhome I want mine in the club. But where do I put the red numbers?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Man%204x4[1].jpg
Views:	108
Size:	25.8 KB
ID:	130917  
1950 Spartan
Shacksman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2011, 06:04 PM   #1062

Vintage Kin Owner
... , ...
The staff has posted to this thread three times over the last few days asking for civility. We understand this topic draws heated debate and the topic is of interest to many but we are closing it for a time until things cool somewhat.

Until this thread is reopened do not start another discussion on this topic.

On behalf of the site team.

"One of the best lessons I've learned is that you don't worry about criticism from people you wouldn't seek advice from."

William C. Swinney

Kevin245 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2011, 04:29 PM   #1063

Vintage Kin Owner
... , ...
Exclamation Please Read This

After much discussion we are re-opening this thread. This message is to make sure participants clearly understand that the community rules apply here, and that posts violating these rules will be removed. We recognize the emotion associated with this subject but there is absolutely no room here for rude, condescending, or boorish posts aimed at inflaming or insulting others. This also applies to “One line zingers”, or “Comebacks".

This is an “Open Discussion” forum where members are free to post questions, offer advice, and express their opinions within the boundary of the site rules. You are free to disagree or rebut posts, but you must do so without ridicule or open attack. If you don't feel you can post accordingly then please consider refraining all together. Likewise, should you encounter a post you believe violates the site rules you are encouraged to report it.

The site team’s desire is to be light handed by letting subjects run their course and not intervening. While we value your participation be advised that posting in a manner that violates the intent of this message will result in consequences. If there are any doubts about the content, or motivation of your message then consider the content of this message prior to posting.

In closing let me say that we have a well informed membership group here at airforums. One that stands out when compared to other forums we’ve encountered online. We routinely see a level of courtesy and professionalism in member posts that are simply not common to other sites. To see behavior counter to this is concerning and frankly disappointing. We are all better than this.

The Staff

"One of the best lessons I've learned is that you don't worry about criticism from people you wouldn't seek advice from."

William C. Swinney

Kevin245 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2011, 08:55 AM   #1064
Silver Mist

Currently Looking...
Riverhead , New York
Major announcement forth coming today.

Stay tuned.

LI Pets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2011, 09:33 AM   #1065
Rivet Master

Southwestern , Ohio
Motion withdrawn

Just received an email that the IP had decided to withdraw his motion to revise the constitution this year.

Kinda give you deja vu all over again, doesn't it?
Nuvite-F is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2011, 09:52 AM   #1066
Rivet Master

1961 24' Tradewind
1969 29' Ambassador
1970 21' Globetrotter
Jamestown , Tennessee
If true, sounds like a re run of Forrest's amendment at the mid winters.
Considering the amount of work done by the committee and many units it would seem that it would be better to let it run it's course regardless of the outcome.

Will be eagerly? waiting for the big announcement.
99 Dodge TD 577K miles

RickDavis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2011, 09:56 AM   #1067
Rivet Master

Southwestern , Ohio
Quote:
Originally Posted by RickDavis View Post
Considering the amount of work done by the committee and many units it would seem that it would be better to let it run it's course regardless of the outcome.
That's my feeling too--better to get it over with--but I suspect they could count the votes and found it was DOA, so withdrew it.
Nuvite-F is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2011, 10:19 AM   #1068
Rivet Master

Airstream - Other
2016 Interstate Grand Tour Ext
Bosque Farms , New Mexico
Just a friendly reminder to abide by the "be nice" rule, or face the consequences.

Lynn
Old 06-03-2011, 10:33 AM   #1069
Rivet Master

Lynn,

Thanks for the reminder on the "be nice" rule.

It will be very hard for some not to post youtube links, comments, etc... about this outcome from both sides. Many will be bitting their lips wanting to do so for days/weeks.

Is there any chance we could get the "Mod's" to take a vacation for a week or two?
Old 06-03-2011, 10:35 AM   #1070
Rivet Master

Airstream - Other
Quote:
Originally Posted by rideair View Post
It will be very hard for some not to post youtube links, comments, etc... about this outcome from both sides. Many will be bitting their lips wanting to do so for days/weeks.
Videos can also violate the "be nice" rule!

Quote:
Is there any chance we could get the "Mod's" to take a vacation for a week or two?
Only if we close the WBCCI theads in advance!

Lynn
Old 06-03-2011, 10:40 AM   #1071
Site Team

1964 26' Overlander
1964 19' Globetrotter
OlyPen , Washington
Quote:
Lynn,

Thanks for the reminder on the "be nice" rule.

It is possible to express disagreement without name calling. Our intent here is to keep discussions polite and on topic - not to stop them entirely

AirForums Custom Search
Janet H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2011, 10:41 AM   #1072
Silver Mist

Currently Looking...
Riverhead , New York
Friends

I have received sufficient feedback from some of you and from individual members at rallies which makes it necessary for me to markedly change the processing of the proposed Constitutional Revision. It is currently on the agenda for the Delegates' Meeting, June 30, at the International Convention/Rally. Only one month has passed since the proposed Constitutional Revision was distributed to our Units. In retrospect, it was unreasonable to expect all Units to have scheduled business meetings, understand the Proposal, and vote on each of the Articles. Due to the pressures of time, the Executive Committee established an unrealistic schedule for our Units. It was an easy trap to fall into, with only one Delegates' Meeting each year. Nevertheless, if revising the Club Constitution is worth doing, it is worth doing well.

I profoundly appreciate the work done by the Revision Committee. This Committee of Five has much time invested in the Proposal during the prior ten months. I sincerely value the alternative ideas as well, some of which have been expressed to me very passionately. Throughout the Membership there is much concern for the future of our Club. If nothing else, work done so far now has members (who are interested in Club governance) talking about what we want for a Constitution.

My judgement is that the membership is not prepared to make decisions at this time, and that they want an additional year for consideration. Therefore, I will not make the motion concerning the proposed Revision during the next Delegates' Meeting. Barry Heckenswiler has indicated that he will place the proposal on the 2012 Delegates' agenda so that members' discussions can continue. My intention is to solicit discussion at a Delegates' Seminar. Those Units who do have prepared amendments to the proposed Revision are encouraged to present them. Other members with ideas and comments may present those as well. This will provide all members with additional material for discussion without the formality of a business meeting.

Warm Regards

Norm Beu
President, WBCCI

Old 06-03-2011, 12:39 PM   #1073
Rivet Master

1961 24' Tradewind
1969 29' Ambassador
1970 21' Globetrotter
Jamestown , Tennessee
It seems everyone is speechless
99 Dodge TD 577K miles

Old 06-03-2011, 12:42 PM   #1074
Rivet Master

Airstream - Other
Speechless is ok. It does not violate the forums "be nice" rule.

Lynn
Old 06-03-2011, 12:55 PM   #1075
Rivet Master

2007 23' International CCD
Lapeer , Michigan
deflate and crash

Hot air rises faster, but it also deflates faster. And P O O F ...the elephant in the room is gone.

photography
wheel interested is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2011, 01:09 PM   #1076
Silver Mist

Currently Looking...
Riverhead , New York
Quote:
It seems everyone is speechless
Very disappointing

We could have gone thru all the amendments and lost the overall vote.

Then it would have gone to next year anyway.

Well at least we know the MOHO amendment can't move at all.

Old 06-03-2011, 02:26 PM   #1077
Rivet Master

I do hope the future IP Barry H. knows this whole New Constitution has created a bunch of hard feelings in the WBCCI membership and has put member against member, Unit against Unit, Region against Region and even EC member against EC member.

If we have another year of this, it's a pretty good bet you will have even more members leave the WBCCI. I wonder how many of those that said they would leave if this thing was not passed this year will do so.

This also brings up the subject of the whole "Defend Wally" bunch and the lawsuit. If I remember, the lawsuit was dropped because of the leader of that group being put on the committee to work within the system. We now have the very same person whom created this committee, asked the "DW" guy to be on the committee to now as the last minute drop the whole thing. There are some that would say this was planned and once again the IBT/EC7 out smarted everyone.

Regardless, it will be interesting to see what happens now with the "DW" Lawsuit.

One would thing it would be back on, but I doubt anyone could ever get anybody to give cash to it this time around.

Time will tell,
Old 06-03-2011, 02:40 PM   #1078
Rivet Master

Lapeer , Michigan
Quote:
This also brings up the subject of the whole "Defend Wally" bunch and the lawsuit. If I remember, the lawsuit was dropped because of the leader of that group being put on the committee to work within the system. We now have the very same person whom created this committee, asked the "DW" guy to be on the committee to now as the last minute drop the whole thing. There are some that would say this was planned and once again the IBT/EC7 out smarted everyone.

Regardless, it will be interesting to see what happens now with the "DW" Lawsuit.

One would thing it would be back on, but I doubt anyone could ever get anybody to give cash to it this time around.

Time will tell,
Maybe that's the reason Defend Wally decided to hold back 40% of donations in escrow, it never was revealed; in case the outcome was not favorable and they could then continue the suit if deemed necessary. I think that is what was said at the onset. We should hear a determination from those involved to announce whether the outcome of their efforts is considered favorable or not and why, and where they intend to take the DW lead from here. But then Bob said last week Norm would not withdraw the motion in post #981 and he was either wrong or holding back on what he knew.

http://www.airforums.com/forums/f286...-73954-71.html

Quote:
Originally Posted by wheel interested View Post
Are you saying that the International President could now scrap the entire thing? I thought that was not a viable option from your many previous statements when that possibility was mentioned.
Quote:
Originally Posted by LI Pets View Post
Sure he can but he won't.

photography
Old 06-03-2011, 02:45 PM   #1079
Rivet Master

1961 24' Tradewind
1969 29' Ambassador
1970 21' Globetrotter
Jamestown , Tennessee
Being a slow learner, I would consider contributing again if it appeared a viable option
99 Dodge TD 577K miles

Old 06-03-2011, 03:46 PM   #1080
Rivet Master

Lapeer , Michigan
Quote:
Being a slow learner, I would consider contributing again if it appeared a viable option
HA! It might be time to rotate who takes the lead in DW then! Come to think about it I don't recall having a vote the first time around. There is a reason why a representative and deliberative body makes good sense for representation. Anyone else change their views in this past year of practical experience? I have. Always learning.

photography

Tags
constitution, wbcci