Old 01-09-2011, 06:01 PM   #211
Silver Mist

1977 31' Sovereign
Riverhead , New York
Just for clarification, when the document is referred to as the Bylaws it is usually meant to refer to both the Constitution and Bylaws as one in the same although they are two.

LI Pets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2011, 06:06 PM   #212
Rivet Master

1979 23' Safari
1954 29' Liner
Orange , California
Usually meant by whom? I know that they are separate documents, one is controlled by the IBT and one by the Delegates.

Bill

Quote:
Originally Posted by LI Pets View Post
Just for clarification, when the document is referred to as the Bylaws it is usually meant to refer to both the Constitution and Bylaws as one in the same although they are two.

Bill Kerfoot, WBCCI/VAC/CAC/El Camino Real Unit #5223
Just my personal opinion
1973 Dodge W200 PowerWagon, 1977 Lincoln Continental, 2014 Dodge Durango
1979 23' Safari, and 1954 29' Double Door Liner Orange, CA

http://billbethsblog.blogspot.com/
wkerfoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2011, 07:42 PM   #213
Rivet Master

Southwestern , Ohio
Quote:
Originally Posted by Foiled Again View Post
It's pretty passive - just DON'T send in a check. It's not like becoming a nun...
Gosh, Paula, your region officers must not have come by yet for your excommunication ritual. I imagine they are running behind schedule on account of the backlog.

Standing in a circle around your trailer with candles in their black hooded robes, they recite the Wally Byam Creed in sepulchral tones while stripping off your red numbers one at a time. When the numbers are all gone the candles are simultaneously extinguished. A very impressive ceremony.
Old 01-09-2011, 07:51 PM   #214
Naysayer

1968 24' Tradewind
Louisville , earth
Send a message via Yahoo to Boondocker
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuvite-F View Post
........Standing in a circle around your trailer with candles in their black hooded robes, they recite the Wally Byam Creed in sepulchral tones while stripping off your red numbers one at a time. When the numbers are all gone the candles are simultaneously extinguished. A very impressive ceremony.
That is handy info. Peeling the numbers off leaves ghost #s that are an enormous pain to get off.

Visit my photography page
and the
Favorite camp grounds project map
My Blog

(The artist formerly known as General Disarray)

Boondocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2011, 08:48 PM   #215
Rivet Master

Southwestern , Ohio
Just for clarification. . .

Quote:
Just for clarification. . .
Hi, Bob,

While you're clarifying, perhaps you can clarify another issue.

Back when you were offered the committee seat, you said that the lawsuit effort would be restarted if the outcome of the Mid Winter IBT was not satisfactory:

(8-24-10 on the now-closed lawsuit thread)
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick Davis
I am assuming the lawsuit is not gone and could /would be reactivated if progress is not made??
Correct, hence the escrow account!
Old 01-09-2011, 09:27 PM   #216
Silver Mist

1977 31' Sovereign
Riverhead , New York
What do you think constitutes a satisfactory outcome?

Old 01-09-2011, 09:36 PM   #217
Rivet Master

2007 23' International CCD
Lapeer , Michigan
I don't see how you could possibly initiate the lawsuit from your appointed position as a committee member on the revision committee or see any likelihood that you ever seriously had that in mind to relaunch Bob. That is the conflict of interest that I was referring to not between you and Don Shaffer on the standing committee.

photography
wheel interested is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2011, 09:46 PM   #218
Rivet Master

Southwestern , Ohio
Quote:
My opinion does not matter since I am not a member of the inner circle such as yourself.

However if you would like for me to answer your question I will do so to the best of my ability.

You will not like my answer, and bearing in mind this is a public forum, I am giving you an opportunity to withdraw your question or ask again, as you wish.
Old 01-09-2011, 09:49 PM   #219
Silver Mist

1977 31' Sovereign
Riverhead , New York
answer it

Old 01-10-2011, 04:14 AM   #220
Restorations done right
Commercial Member

1962 26' Overlander
1961 26' Overlander
Vintage Kin Owner
Currently Looking...
Baltimore , Maryland
Having a bit of farm experience in my background, I can tell you the pig, cow, goat, chicken, committee member,... they all know what coming when the time comes. I suspect strongly, humans have the same trait.
Frank's Trailer Works is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2011, 04:59 AM   #221
Silver Mist

1977 31' Sovereign
Riverhead , New York
Arrow

Quote:

However if you would like for me to answer your question I will do so to the best of my ability.
When?

Or don't you have an answer to your own question?

Old 01-10-2011, 07:22 AM   #222
Rivet Master

Southwestern , Ohio
Quote:
Hi, Bob,

While you're clarifying, perhaps you can clarify another issue.

Back when you were offered the committee seat, you said that the lawsuit effort would be restarted if the outcome of the Mid Winter IBT was not satisfactory:

(8-24-10 on the now-closed lawsuit thread)
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick Davis
I am assuming the lawsuit is not gone and could /would be reactivated if progress is not made??
Correct, hence the escrow account!
Quote:
Quote:
My opinion does not matter since I am not a member of the inner circle such as yourself.

You will not like my answer, and bearing in mind this is a public forum, I am giving you an opportunity to withdraw your question or ask again, as you wish.
Quote:
answer it

All right, Bob, since you ask, these are the best outcomes I can envision for this IBT meeting and contemporaneous actions of the Executive Committee and standing committees

1. All recommendation for Bylaws changes be referred to units for comment prior to consideration at the summer 2011 IBT meeting.

2. The Chairman of the Constitution and Bylaws Committee be directed by the International President to report the constitutional amendment proposed by Region 11 to the units in accordance with the Constitution, Bylaws, and Policies of the WBCCI or be replaced.

3. The Motor Home Study Committee, the IBT, and the Executive Committee to vigorously pursue the possibility of limited production of Airstream-branded motor homes to resolve the motor home issue without the need to change the WBCCIs single-brand identity

4. An offer to Leo G of full reinstatement with an apology. (I say “offer” because my impression is that at this point Leo is enjoying Life After WBCCI and would not be interested in returning.)

5. With one exception noted below, Bylaws and Policies be amended to prohibit use of the Code of Ethics as the basis for disciplinary actions for the reason of being excessively broad..

6. All contributions to Defend Wally to be immediately refunded.

7. You yourself be expelled from the WBCCI on the ever-popular charge of “causing disharmony and ill feelings among club members.”
Old 01-10-2011, 09:14 AM   #223
Commercial Member

1967 30' Sovereign
Bosque Farms , New Mexico
Blech. How 'bout Nuvite-F and LI-Pet meet in some back alley someplace and have it out there instead of here.
Lynn
Old 01-10-2011, 09:55 AM   #224
Rivet Master

Can I answer, Can I answer?

Here's a good list of things that "constitutes a satisfactory outcome".

Some issues that prompted this action:
  • Breach of fiduciary duty for allegedly misappropriating funds.
  • Travel expenses - The Wally Byam Caravan Club International, Inc, is a non-profit corporation and no part of its income or profits shall inure to the benefit of its certain members/officers.
  • The IBT failed to act prudently and reasonably in regard to the management of the organizations affairs.
  • The IBT failed to its duties to ensure effective organizational planning, establish programs and services consistent with the organization's mission and assist in implementing and monitoring the plan's goals.
  • The IBT failed to provide financial oversight and assist in developing a balanced annual budget and ensuring that proper financial controls are in place.
  • The IBT failed to manage, supervise and control the activities, affairs, property and funds of the International Club.
  • The IBT failed to ensure legal and ethical integrity and maintain accountability for adherence to legal standards and ethical practices.
  • The IBT failed to establish procedures to ensure that each board member understands and complies with his or her duties as a board member.
  • The IBT failed to monitor the conduct of its board members to ensure the organization is being properly managed.
  • The IBT allowed frivolous grievances to be filed.
  • The IBTs broad definition of the wording "avoid disharmony and ill feelings among club members".
  • The IBT failed to follow the bylaws or Roberts Rules in adjucation of grievances.
  • The IBT draconian measures terminating members and defamation of several members.
  • Discrimination unfair practices of raising MAL dues.
Oh and offer Leo G full reinstatment.

Where have I seen this list before or has the ones in the "inner circle" already forgot them?

But I will wait to see Bob's answer.
Bob?

Tags
constitution revision, wbcci