Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > On The Road...
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 11-16-2021, 08:19 AM   #21
Rivet Master

2017 26' Flying Cloud
Tampa , Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeeMore View Post
You didn't get the cabinet with the four, upright beverage bottle pull drawer? Removing the separator allows four soft drink liter bottles to be stores as well. Apologies, pic rotation is always tricky.
Now, that's what I'm talkin' about!
Beautiful solution.
As far as storing under the U-shaped dinette, there's very little space and my spec 903 pound tongue weight actually weighed at 1125! So I'm avoiding adding to the front storage.
Mollysdad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2021, 09:23 AM   #22
2 Rivet Member

2017 20' Flying Cloud
austin , Texas
I use something similar to Hittenstiehl but the kind that has padded dividers. It goes in the back of the closet. I'm in a 20' so I don't want a permanent compartment such as gdanderson.
ejami5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2021, 10:40 AM   #23
Married with Airstream

2004 25' International CCD
Vancouver Island , British Columbia
We carry two pair of Wellington Boots in the hang locker and store our wine in them:-)
2013 F-150HD FX4 SuperCrew Lariart (MaxTow) "Red Dragon"
drbrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2021, 01:16 PM   #24
2 Rivet Member

2020 26' Flying Cloud
Belgrade , Montana
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mollysdad View Post
Now, that's what I'm talkin' about!
Beautiful solution.
As far as storing under the U-shaped dinette, there's very little space and my spec 903 pound tongue weight actually weighed at 1125! So I'm avoiding adding to the front storage.
From one 26U owner to another, I do use the under sink approach. Pull the trash can out and slide my bottle(s) behind it, cushion with a small towel for travel and then replace the trash can. Nothing moves around in there. It easily holds a 1.75L bottle of Maker's Mark, and they don't get too much taller than that.

The shower approach works as well, but we usually have the closet pretty full as it is and having the liquor "cabinet" under the sink means I don't have to keep moving things around.

Cheers!
Miss Montana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2021, 01:41 PM   #25
Rivet Master

2014 25' Flying Cloud
Cuddebackville , New York
We wrap them in a dish towel and stick the between the wall and the corner of the mattress.
Old 11-16-2021, 02:42 PM   #26
Rivet Master

2017 26' Flying Cloud
Tampa , Florida
Click image for larger version

Name:	bin.jpeg
Views:	34
Size:	57.6 KB
ID:	408025Just now I was surfing and found a wood bin, roughly the size of a milk crate. Target. I'm thinking that will fit in the slot occupied (I hope) by the trash can, and either on a rollout or a wood cleat or bulkhead to keep it from removing the plumbing
Then the trash will go to an external step can like the 45 lt. Simple Human or a less pricey clone.
Of course, then Target says it's out of stock. But five minutes ago it was in stock??? I found one at another store allegedly. Waiting.
I wanted to get rid of the micro trash can anyway, and this space may be perfect.
In reading your responses, I see everyone struggles with storage.
The step lid trash can will need to be secure enough that Molly doesn't decide to scatter everything during the night.
45 lt. is about 12 gallons, so a standard bag would fit. (I don't want to be buying proprietary bags.)
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	bin2.jpeg
Views:	27
Size:	36.1 KB
ID:	408026  
Old 11-16-2021, 03:25 PM   #27
2 Rivet Member

1997 25' Safari
Laurel , Maryland
I am fortunate to have the gaucho couching in an 1997 Safari, the ends, arm rests are removable, and I store liquors standing up in one end.

Because it is older, I am not certain how the newer AS are accessorized.

Good luck. Rick
Rick n Mary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2021, 05:56 PM   #28
Rivet Master

2019 25' International
Washington , Washington, D.C.
Store in collapsible section container that fits behind driver seat.
PatLee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2021, 07:00 AM   #29
3 Rivet Member

2014 25' FB Flying Cloud
Down the Shore , New Jersey
In our 25FBT, I divided the right hand cabinet above the dinette into two levels, with wire shelving. Top half holds snacks, loaves of bread, etc. Bottom half, floor of the cabinet, holds bottles of spirits and wine in the molded cardboard that wine gets shipped in. Bottles lay flat, the molded cardboard cradles can be notched for square bottles to fit better. Bottles stay put, don’t roll around and are cushioned by that puffy, molded recycled paper or whatever it is that cardboard stuff is made from. Easily fit 6 bottles and still have space on the above wire shelf. Works for me.
Old 11-17-2021, 08:47 AM   #30
CC

1972 27' Overlander
Heinsburg , AB
Quote:
I am fortunate to have the gaucho couching in an 1997 Safari, the ends, arm rests are removable, and I store liquors standing up in one end.
I have that space; never thought of it for tall bottle storage. Perfect! Thanks for contributing.
CC
Camper Crazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2021, 09:14 AM   #31
Rivet Master

2008 19' Bambi
2012 23' Flying Cloud
2016 25' Flying Cloud
Bandera , Texas
We use a well constructed decorative Mexican basket. We happen to carry that in the TV, and place it under the table when parked.
banderabob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2021, 09:39 AM   #32
Rivet Master

2017 26' Flying Cloud
Tampa , Florida
I got one of the wood crates I mentioned earlier. It's actually nicer than I expected for $20. But to my eye, the 13" width won't fit the space the trash can occupies. If not, I'll try to cut it down carefully and re-glue.
I had to order for pickup from three Target stores. Each claimed to have one, but when I ordered they suddenly were out of stock. I guess it was nice enough for the crate, ahem, to go for a walk out the back door,
My closet always seems too full. Besides hangers I have the vacuum cleaner there, and well as a case of beer and bottled water, and Coke.
Old 11-17-2021, 03:35 PM   #33
4 Rivet Member

Napa , California
We added a top hatch on a front compartment under the seat. You move the seat cushion and lift the lid (it has a hydralic hinge). Now the bottles stand there at attention and are easily accessible. We use both a rigid sock storage container and a couple of heavy bottle bags (each holds 6 bottles) to keep them from rattling around while on the road.
Atwebs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2021, 04:32 PM   #34
Jim J

2014 30' Flying Cloud
Austin , Texas
storvino

We use a Storvino. it sets inside a plastic tote that is on the floor in between our recliners.

https://www.amazon.com/s?k=Storvino+...f=nb_sb_noss_2
Jim J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2021, 06:12 PM   #35
4 Rivet Member

2014 25' Flying Cloud
1987 29' Sovereign
1978 31' Sovereign
Tampa Bay , Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bcc75 View Post
In the trash can under the sink

Same here, works well. Never had a need or want to put trash in there.

In previous larger Airstream we fitted the spaces under the arms of the sofa with foam and carried more in there which were easy to get to.

"The world is a book and those who do not travel read only one page.” – St. Augustine
369goose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2021, 02:17 PM   #36
Rivet Master

2017 28' Flying Cloud
2014 25' FB Flying Cloud
2008 25' Safari FB SE
Georgetown (winter)Thayne (summer) , Texas & Wyoming
Quote:
I got one of the wood crates I mentioned earlier. It's actually nicer than I expected for $20. But to my eye, the 13" width won't fit the space the trash can occupies. If not, I'll try to cut it down carefully and re-glue.
I had to order for pickup from three Target stores. Each claimed to have one, but when I ordered they suddenly were out of stock. I guess it was nice enough for the crate, ahem, to go for a walk out the back door,
My closet always seems too full. Besides hangers I have the vacuum cleaner there, and well as a case of beer and bottled water, and Coke.
Anything that has to do with spending time with the AS...and finding a new place to store liquor... I get it!
Summer-Star Valley Ranch RV Resort (Thayne, WY); Winter-Sun City (Georgetown,TX)
gypsydad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2021, 09:11 AM   #37
1 Rivet Member

2018 26' Flying Cloud
Victoria , British Columbia
We converted the cabinet inside the front door on the left that holds the table leaves into a set of shelves for taller items. We just store the table leaves on the bed when we travel. When we stop the table gets set up so the bed is free to sleep on.
CareyJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2021, 09:21 AM   #38
Terra Nova Photography

2007 28' International CCD
Lakeside , California
Where to store liquor and wine?

Quote:
I'm sure someone has the perfect solution. How to store large bottles. To put a finer point on it, liquor bottles.
I currently slide them into a thick wool sock like you'd picture a lumberjack wearing, and laying them in a bin overhead of the sink. But it's not a very elegant solution. I'd like to store them upright in a bin, but none of the cabinets seem to be sized right. Under the bed in a Sterlite plastic bin? I don't have the floor space for an Ottoman or some extra furniture.
We bought a lidded ottoman/hassock and added some dividers. It sits under the table while rolling. We haven't had a single broken bottle in several thousand miles. The ottoman weighs very little itself; basically a fabric covered cube that arrives folded flat. Unfolded it becomes quite sturdy.
BobCA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2021, 11:11 AM   #39
Susan

Spring , Texas
Send a message via AIM to katy00000
Large bottles

I have a slotted box from the liquor shop where I put my bottles. Then it is stored in the shower along with miscellaneous reusable shopping bags of nonperishable items.
katy00000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2021, 11:34 AM   #40
2 Rivet Member

2021 27' Globetrotter
North vancouver , BC
We store liquor bottles in the space below the pull our pantry. Gin, Baileys etc fit quite well there. With the upgrade from 25ft to 27ft we now have even more space! For wine it depends. If it is just a few bottles they go in the shower, often in the dirty laundry hamper. For longer trips we usually take a case to the liquor store box sits on the floor next to bed. Never had a problem with it moving during travel.

Before our upgrade we had considered removing the end of the couch under the TV and building another cabinet. More counter space, more storage, and a dedicated wine drawer in the bottom.
Ella is offline   Reply With Quote