Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-03-2009, 06:10 PM   #1
on the hunt

Currently Looking...
riverton , Kansas
Send a message via Skype™ to osolow
Question To sell or not to Sell ??

Well i have a pretty good opportunity but need to build some capital i have sold a few things that i can live with out but I am on the fence on whether to sell my Airstream or not.

it's a really good opportunity and will get me working form my self and being my own boss something i really been wanting to do.

what to do what to do?

any opinions or other point of view would be great
osolow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2009, 06:20 PM   #2

1968 17' Caravel
Battle Ground , Washington
Depends on how attached you are to your trailer, how unique it is, how hard it will be to replace someday.

Stefrobrts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2009, 07:30 PM   #3
2 Rivet Member

2007 19' Safari SE
La Center , Washington
Tough decision.

Judging by the rate of decay (or in this case depreciation) that I observed when planning the purchase of my trailer, your airstream is probably near it's lowest rate of loss. This means that you can always buy it, or another one like it, back after you have made your millions in your new venture.

Of course, your trailer may have "sentimental value" in terms of all of those memories. But when you really think about it, the memories are in your head, not in your trailer.
longdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2009, 07:38 PM   #4
Rivet Master

1977 Argosy Minuet 6.0 Metre
Colorado Springs , Colorado
One question to ask your self. Will I have time to use the Airstream while starting a new venture. If she is going to set idle for a few years may be best to sell and purchase another one when you have more time. Or is it time to sell the house and move into the A/S full time? Just how much are you willing to down size in order to make the new venture fly? Will keeping the A/S add to your joy or to your stress?
'77' Minuet 6 Metre, behind a 2005 stock Jeep Rubicon with Equa-L-Zer hitch.
Royce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2009, 10:19 PM   #5
4 Rivet Member

2017 16' Sport
Malibu , California
There is always another. Invest in yourself and good luck to you.
gail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2009, 01:39 PM   #6
on the hunt

Currently Looking...
riverton , Kansas
Send a message via Skype™ to osolow
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Royce View Post
One question to ask your self. Will I have time to use the Airstream while starting a new venture. If she is going to set idle for a few years may be best to sell and purchase another one when you have more time. Or is it time to sell the house and move into the A/S full time? Just how much are you willing to down size in order to make the new venture fly? Will keeping the A/S add to your joy or to your stress?
this is a good point and one of many that i have been mowing over since i have decided on trying this new venture.

in the start i will more then likely not be able to take a vacation for a year or two which i am ready for that, and yes i would hate to see it just sit
especially after all the work i have put in to the trailer.

and ever since me and my wife have looked at the newer 23 fters with queen beds, she's been wanting one bad and she says she thinks she'll feel a little better about pulling it over are 29fter.
by the time we are able to get back into using one i feel the price on one of these would be really doable for us.

i think me and her are going to go ahead and sell.
and give this a try if all works out will be back in a couple of years.
so if any one knows someone looking for a nice 1990 29fter she'll be in the classified when i get home from work and get around to it and i have plenty of pictures available.
osolow is offline   Reply With Quote