Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-25-2009, 05:13 PM   #1
2 Rivet Member

1994 30' Excella
Napanee , Ontario
Would you know the price?

Hello,
1) Would anyone know the price of The "Sport" line-up which was introduced last year as a narrow body? 7'3" as opposed to 8".
I believe that there was a 17 & a 22 foot trailer.

2) My understanding is that the 17 ft. for example, offers a very small front sleeping area for two; with a small L-sofa that that when converted is a little restrictive in size and blocks part of the door.
Is this accurate?

Most important is the past or present rough estimate for purchasing either. Does anyone know?
Regards
Brian
Brian Hobin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2009, 08:43 PM   #2
Rivet Master

2006 25' Safari FB SE
St. Cloud , Minnesota
Hi Brian. There doesn't tend to be much 'skinniest' price possible info out there. A dealer will try to meet other prices you may have. So you do have to check out several dealerships first. IMO it's not possible to shop Airstreams by 'the catalog' and be happy with the 3-dimensional space. You've got to see the units, walk through them and kick the tires. I know I had close to 2000 miles behind me before I bought my '74 Argosy -- and that wasn't entirely the best decision ever.

See some units. Get some dealer offers. Are you bringing your own financing or cash to a deal? You could start to hear discounts off MSRP approaching 20% or even 25% if you are looking at something they have been holding in stock (eg, a 2008 model). Don't expect so much off if the dealer hasn't had to finance a lot sitter in these economic times.

It still comes down to every unit is going to have 2-year warranty issues after you've bumped it down the road in your first 12-18 months. You could come out ahead on warranty service if you aren't driving 5 states away.

5 meter Langford Nahanni

CanoeStream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2009, 07:34 AM   #3
2 Rivet Member

1994 30' Excella
Napanee , Ontario
Thanks Bob for your words and the information. You are still a little quiet though on approximate cost for those rigs. Hmmm. Thai is an honest thanks though.
Regards
Brian
Brian Hobin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2009, 07:40 AM   #4
2 Rivet Member

1997 34' Limited
Charlottetown , Canada
Can AM

Hello, I would definately recommend Andy at Can AM RV in London. I am confident you would find it more than worth the trip for you. He has excellent used models available and is an expert in towing. He also guarantee's everything he sells.

I saw a couple vintage units there for as little as 10,000

L
WBCCI9898 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2009, 07:56 AM   #5
Rivet Master

2008 22' Safari
Oracle , Arizona
We went to a dealer looking to buy the 17 and ended up with the 22. Not too much difference in price but much more room. That narrow body really helps in towing and gives up little space.
Ahab is offline   Reply With Quote