Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > The Rally Zone > Forum Rallies & Meet Ups
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 08-12-2009, 09:01 PM   #2521
4 Rivet Member

1977 28' Argosy 28
Bullhead City , Arizona
Brock, Glad to here you are enjoying your new home .Sounds like you and "her" can grow together.Are you the one that posted a pic of your tankless water heater?I have been looking for some info on one.Good Luck just keep chugging along and enjoy the adventure .Understand the slow internet I have dialup no choice unless I go to satelite internet.Makes for pain to look at pics they take so long . I am new to this thread but have been around the forums for a little while.So Hello to all the silver sisters out there I am not really silver as I have an Argosy MH.You won,t hold that against me will you? Gypsy Jo
Gypsy Jo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2009, 09:02 PM   #2522
2 Rivet Member

1972 23' Safari
Howell , Michigan
Send a message via AIM to Silvertwin Send a message via MSN to Silvertwin Send a message via Yahoo to Silvertwin
Hi Brock! Its Holly, Laura's sister. So glad to hear from you. Its been a long time! WOW you rock, doing all that by yourself. I am coming to you for my questions hehe! I will keep looking for your updates! Keep intouch!

Operation "SAVE RUDY" Strike Team (Charter Member)

Join me on the Magical Aluminum Mystery Tour!
Silvertwin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2009, 05:18 AM   #2523
Rivet Master

1978 29' Ambassador
Walnut Cove , North Carolina
Good Luck and I have one word for you-velcro. LOL!
Old 08-13-2009, 09:19 AM   #2524
3 Rivet Member

1972 29' Ambassador
Currently Camping , Pennsylvania
LOL - I'm sure velcro will be my new best friend.

Thanks Holly! I looove your avatar, btw. I didn't realize you had a 1972 too!

The tankless I got is the TwinTemp Junior (the same one as in the Vintage AS Podcast). It puts out 44k BTUs of heat, and I have 3 blower vents placed at the bath, the bed, and by the door. It has a closed loop that runs anti-freeze, and then separate pipes that are heated by that for the hot water. I have it mounted at the back of the curbside wheelwell, in a cupboard. I can also get to it from outside from one of the access panels. Jo or anyone else, I will try to answer any questions about it!

I hope I am warm and frozen-pipe-free this winter, we'll see! I'm right outside of Pittsburgh and will have a spot in the woods when it starts to get cold. Hoping I have a bellypan by then, but if not, I will have wood planks to hold insulation at my tanks and drains. Presently working on a heat tape, then double insulated pipe thing for the outside drains. I'll also be skirting it. The owner of the camp says after all of the lines are taped up, he wraps them at the city water with more insulation and then covers the whole thing with a barrel. For better or worse, you'll hear about it!
BrockLives is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2009, 10:28 AM   #2525
Rivet Master

1956 22' Safari
2015 27' Flying Cloud
Vintage Kin Owner
Conifer/Evergreen , Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gypsy Jo View Post
Are you the one that posted a pic of your tankless water heater?I have been looking for some info on one.
I have posted some pictures of ours in my restoration thread..."It's a Girl!!!"...check around post #391. We used the ShowerMate M-500 it's just the water heater - w/o the room heater part like the TwinTemp Jr. it's also less expensive (saved over 1/2) if you don't need the heater part. We used it for the first time this last week at a boondocking rally - works great! The best part is, you don't have to add a side cut-out to your trailer, it vents through the floor.

Shari
WBCCI #1824 - DenCO Unit Past President (2005)
AIR #30 - Join Date: 2-25-2002

RMVAC | ACI - CO Unit (Formerly WBCCI) | BIRDY - our 1956 Safari | 1964 Serro Scotty
InsideOut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2009, 07:03 PM   #2526
4 Rivet Member

1977 28' Argosy 28
Bullhead City , Arizona
Thank you Inside Out. That was the one I was looking for.That will be a future project.The po had put in a new tank water heater so with all the other things to do it is way into the future. You guys did a great job on your trailer.----------- Thank you Brock I am interested in the shower one . I am going with a ceramic heater when the time comes hopefully it will help the yearning I have for a fireplace.I just remembered some stuff we used to hold things in place it was called museum putty I think you can find it in craft stores it works good and easy to clean up if you want to move stuff around. Thanks again for the replies. ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Gypsy Jo
Gypsy Jo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2009, 08:51 PM   #2527
Rivet Master

2007 23' International CCD
Lapeer , Michigan
We have not quite fallen off the face of the earth, but we have been living darn close to the edge, on a peninsula, without cable tv, internet or reliable cell phone signal. Lou, PM me and I will resend the new e-mail address.

Hi everybody. Who says work camping is work or camping? Seriously it can be a lot of fun, meeting new people, exploring new territories, gaining new skills and partaking of the many perks most employers offer their employees such as parties, theatre tickets, special discounts, freebies and perks including the the use of their exercise rooms, pools, hot tubs, boats, kayaks and bicycles, raft trips, and more. You get to stay long enough to watch the landscape put on a succession of beautiful seasons.

Brad and I started on Mother's Day and I left shortly after Independence Day but Brad will be remaining until the end of season and the finish of the pumpkin festivals in October. For now I have a more mainstream job at a health care facility in the activities department while Brad is baking at Grandma's Swedish Bakery. What I miss most? The flavored Door County coffee of the day, my sweet treat often prepared by my honey and sitting outside on Rowles Bay enjoying our break together.

Here's a few pictures.

the full galleries are located here

ellison_bay_wisconsin Photo Gallery by Carol Baidinger at pbase.com
door_county Photo Gallery by Carol Baidinger at pbase.com
wagon_trail_resort Photo Gallery by Carol Baidinger at pbase.com
wagon_trails_nature_trail Photo Gallery by Carol Baidinger at pbase.com
cana_island_and_cave_point Photo Gallery by Carol Baidinger at pbase.com

photography
wheel interested is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2009, 12:20 PM   #2528
Rivet Master

2005 22' International CCD
Buckhorn , Ontario
Just checking in - seems a very lonely place this Virtual Online Rally - ha cause everyone is out in their airstreams.

The nights are getting colder OMG! the winter is coming.

So P and I have been out in the Mod Pod a bit - did the driveway camping in my cousins drive down at Lake Ontario - hmmm very economical!!! weather sweltering hot so the lake was great. Girls had a ball in the water - P did lots of reading and sleeping on his vacation - So stressed out - needed it.

We took another short week vacation at Murphy's Point Provincial Park - moved from one forest to another LOL. But did some hiking, took the girls for long walks and got in some kayaking.

Skipped an Ontario Rally - but we have heard by the grape vine that they have really changed - so hmmm might consider checking out an event - maybe!! There is one next weekend about 15 minutes away - ha hardly worth the hook up time - could just drive and do the meet and greet - but the weekend is double booked already so not sure....

We spent the last days of our holiday touring around our "back yard" so to speak doing things around here that we have never seen before in the 9 years we have lived here.

P is back to work and putting in the ice in his arenas - OMG winter is coming - did I already mention that????

Laura - sorry - I am on facebook but I don't do it much - I am not really up on all that it is and what it all means - I just don't have time to get into it right now with yep "winter coming".

I got in a couple of trips south to golf with my friend and have another planned at the end of Oct.

I just went to a girls weekend with some of my childhood friends and another is planned for next weekend that I may attend too. But have planned to hit Algonquin for the fall colours in ModPod for the end of September.

My ankle consult is coming up quick first week of Oct and I hope to be slated for surgery in the next 3-6 months!!!! I am so so so so much looking forward to having a new ankle and to finally live pain free. However it may put a big crimp in my ability to drive south for the winter - cause you know "winter is coming" But we shall see.

The continuing saga of the Waterfront lot - has us sitting waiting for the Judges decision at the moment. Our Lawyer summed up the Oppositions closing arguments in one word - "diatribe" look it up - I had to. We will hopefully be awarded a viable building lot finally after 5 years - over a mere 18 feet - it is an outright crime what we have been put through! We will be asking for costs and also will be going back over time to try and get further costs. We are also going to the Ontario Ombudsman to bring this mess to their offices attention. A lot of what we have faced regardless of living beside a selfish and greedy Doctor is because the "process" allows this to happen - it is wrong and needs to be changed and I hope that I can make a little difference in that area with some sort of citizen interest complaint along with some very valid changes to the process.

Dad is getting along in his new Condominium - all the Widows have their eye on him already - the dynamic is so funny - all those years when I brought the boyfriends home and Dad at the door shaking his head - ha now it is me - telling these ladies to sharpen their pencils tee hee.

P has almost finished the garage and hopes to have it done this weekend. It has been a huge project for him and he has had to face some pretty adverse crisis of late and finding it tough to keep going. But hopefully things will soon settle out. And he can start having fun with the Airstreams again. Ladybug is sitting patiently beside the new Garage as is the Overlander.

If I am staying home for this winter then we will be spending a lot of time on e-bay with the sale of all sorts of parts and things we have accumulated. Then we will line up some possible buyers for the two Airstreams.

I am not letting go the ModPod and her puller... no way - but the other two will have to go to pay for them

So how is everyone else doing - where have you all been hiding? Hope this finds all well and healthy and happy traveling and enjoying life.
05ModPod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2009, 01:07 PM   #2529
Rivet Master

1978 Argosy Minuet 6.7 Metre
1989 29' Excella
Lorain County , Ohio
Send a message via AIM to loudruff Send a message via MSN to loudruff Send a message via Yahoo to loudruff
As usual

Winter is coming, eh? LOL! We are hoping to camp into Novemberrrrrrr!!!
Sounds like you are keeping busy as usual, Sharon!
Larry and I have been having lots of fun camping. We have been all around OH. Getting to see the state parks, and doing some driveway camping here as well. The Luhrs (Airstream Life) were able to come through and spend the Labor Day weekend with us. That meant we got to crank up the backyard grill and start a fire in Larry's firepit. Rich did a slide presentation for us and we had some of our local Airstream friends come for a potluck. Yummm!!!
We plan on being in NE Pennsylvania at the end of Sept. We will visit Larry's little brother and then drop down to PennWood for the Fall Colors Rally with the AS crowd there. Oct. 8-11 we will be back in OH at Dillon SP to join the other Ohioans and anyone else who would like to drop by.
This weekend, MiketheFixIt and wife will be visiting our driveway for a campout. The LaGrange Engine Show will be over at the fairgrounds and Larry and I have to go and help out the band boosters with their pancake and sausage breakfast. The big fundraiser for the band kids. They also have a huge flea mkt. at the fairgrounds. I will have fun perusing the "goods". I am looking for ONE cabinet handle for the Excella. Since it is a 1989 I probably have little chance of finding a gold handle (that says Airstream on it), to match...but you never know what you will find!
Air #2695
TAC- OH 2
#1420 NOVA 4-006 Charter member

loudruff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2009, 01:13 PM   #2530
Rivet Master

2005 22' International CCD
Buckhorn , Ontario
Quote:
Originally Posted by loudruff View Post
I am looking for ONE cabinet handle for the Excella. Since it is a 1989 I probably have little chance of finding a gold handle (that says Airstream on it), to match...but you never know what you will find!
Well you just might have found your lucky lady!!! Tell me what it looks like or send me a photo cause we have some of those handles that have the engraved airstream in them from the late 80's!!

And I need gas in my truck tee hee....

Glad to hear from you Lou and that you as usual too are nice a busy with the Airstreaming....
05ModPod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2009, 02:28 PM   #2531
Rivet Master

1978 Argosy Minuet 6.7 Metre
1989 29' Excella
Lorain County , Ohio
Send a message via AIM to loudruff Send a message via MSN to loudruff Send a message via Yahoo to loudruff
handles

Thanks, Sharon. A picture is on its way to you via email. I hope it is a match! Anytime that gas tank gets low, you know you can get to here on fumes! LOL! You and all of the silver sisters are welcome if you get this direction!
Lou
Air #2695
TAC- OH 2
#1420 NOVA 4-006 Charter member

loudruff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2009, 11:35 AM   #2532
Rivet Master

Lapeer , Michigan
Tango Divas and RVing Women

Hey gals I found a new site called Tango Diva.
Home

It's a community for women to share solo travel experiences, ideas, and questions in hopes of connecting with other women through out the world, learning about solo travel, and sharing their thoughts.

And here is a TS ELiot quote I found over there that I like too.
"Only those who will risk going too far can possibly find out how far one can go."

RVing Women is another site you might be interested in viewing.
RVing Women - Recreation, Support, Information and Networking for Women RVers

The events they hold are for women only. Here are their gender and age restrictions:

RVW events are restricted to women age 18 and older. Our organization seeks to provide opportunities for women to develop skills and friendships in that special atmosphere that is created when only women are present. In an all-woman environment, the dynamics of our interactions are different. We are responsible only for ourselves, free to pursue our own individual interests without the distractions that are present when we have children to look after or other family needs to consider.

Our goal is to maintain woman space. We therefore do not invite any men or children as guests at our national or chapter events. However, we do occasionally use male instructors, technicians or service providers. These men have excellent qualifications and display positive and helpful attitudes toward women.

Now c'mon tell me a rally of women doesn't sound like something very special and fun!!!

So calling all Silver Sisters, Rivettes, Tango Divas and RVing Women, c'mon out to the online rally and tell us your latest stories! Or perhaps even make a plan to meet!!

Sharon, we want pictures of the new build and your trips.

Lou how was your visit with Eleanor and camping with your daughter?

Steph, Suz, Gypsy Jo, Brock, Shari, Danalee, Silver Twin, Airdale, well everybody, just what are you doing these days?
Jamie, are you out there??

photography
Old 09-21-2009, 05:56 PM   #2533
4 Rivet Member

2003 22' International CCD
Seattle , Washington
Send a message via MSN to JulianneJ
Thanks for the info & website link for Tango Diva, will check it out.

Just home from a 1200+ mile journey to Northern New Mexico for a Corners Unit Rally at Heron Lake State Park. Caravaned with some of my favorite peeps, that was the best part of the trip.

2003 International CCD
JulianneJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2009, 06:36 PM   #2534
Rivet Master

Lapeer , Michigan
You Tow Girl! That's what we like to hear! Your pictures are so nice. And that is quite a heartwarming story about your dog Shane. You sure are the adventurous spirit. Tell us more about your trip.

photography
Old 09-21-2009, 06:47 PM   #2535
4 Rivet Member

Seattle , Washington
Thank You!
After just coming off a summer trip from Surprise, AZ up to Port Angeles, WA and back this summer I was not quite ready to road trip again but my friends in the 4 Corners Unit insisted I attend a rally since I hate to say my last one was back in February...time flies. Besides I hadn't been to New Mexico yet and we were traveling up to the inspiration behind so many Georgia O'Keefe painting & photography who was I to say no? We had some amazing thunder & lightening storms during our evening happy hours...on struck so close I think Janet (of Janet & Leon) and I actually screamed and grabbed each other! Good times. Drying out now, trying to get rid of the mildew smell...two weeks at home in the desert should cure that! Next off to a big party up at Big Lake, AZ...have a new boyfriend, this is his camping trip but I will put my Airstream spin on the event for sure...I will not be out traila trashed!

2003 International CCD
Old 09-21-2009, 07:25 PM   #2536
Rivet Master

Lapeer , Michigan
Steamy dreamy trailer romance I'm going to watching that blog.

photography
Old 09-29-2009, 05:12 PM   #2537
Rivet Master

1995 30' Limited
Ashland , Missouri
Hello! Here we come, gathering round again, I hope. Did you all see the blaze from my campfire? I've piled a stack of wood off to the side that we can pitch on as needed and arranged some larger logs around the fire for sit-upons. Find a comfy seat and settle in. A few cut up tree trunks and branches from last winter's ice falls make for a toasty bonfire this fall. Late summer here in midMo was wonderful, warm days, enough rain, cool and breezy nights, but in just a few days, temps have dropped cooler in the day and then became downright chilly at night, 40 degrees this morning. Oh, I know that those of you "northerners" consider that perfect for 4th of July, but we down here take a little while to adjust to autumn changes, hence the bonfire. I don't know if you can see or catch a whiff, but I've set out some leftovers on a table over there for anyone who joins me here today: apple pie with cheesy crispy crust, some Maid-Rite makings and buns, and stuff for s'mores, of course. (No sticks and twigs diet here, I fear) You'll always find hot coffee and Baileys at my campfire... I don't know if you all know, but I've become caregiver with Hospice help for my elderly mother since she was diagnosed with bladder cancer last January. She is 91 and contrary as can be about anything medical, so the caring becomes challenging at times. My dear hubby accepted her moving in without a question, even when she keeps her Bose radio on ALL night long at HIGH decibels because her hearing is almost gone. She was given a max of 3 months survival at the time of her diagnosis, but now, 8 months later, we see little change in her, other than gradual weight loss and weakness. I know many of you have also been care givers of your parents, so knowledge of that brings strength to me on stressful days...thanks! But, as a result of this, we've had no trips and no campfires, so I just decided that with the change of seasons, stuck as I am here at home, it's time for a virtual campfire and a circle of silver sisters to pep me up again. Hope you join in and spin some tales of your summer fun and autumn/winter anticipations! Will someone toss another log on the fire? ~G
Chev Silverado 2500HD Duramax/Allison, 4X4, Crew Cab
WBCCI #5013 AIR #2908
WDCU
Go, Mizzou...Tigers on the prowl!
maxandgeorgia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2009, 05:54 PM   #2538
4 Rivet Member

Seattle , Washington
Thanks for building the campfire G~ Sounds like heaven.

2003 International CCD
Old 09-29-2009, 06:14 PM   #2539
Rivet Master

Lapeer , Michigan
MMMMMM yummy G. Thanks for baking and getting the coffee and fire started. We'll be pleased to pull up a seat. Gathering together is always good medicine and chicken soup for the soul.

photography
Old 09-29-2009, 08:12 PM   #2540
Miss Rivette

1965 17' Caravel
Hell , Michigan
Send a message via AIM to airedale Send a message via MSN to airedale Send a message via Yahoo to airedale
I just want to smell a fire again!
Operation "SAVE RUDY" Strike Team (Charter Member)

Check Out My New Airstream Blog
airedale is offline   Reply With Quote