Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-30-2009, 05:14 PM   #2501
4 Rivet Member

2003 22' International CCD
Seattle , Washington
Send a message via MSN to JulianneJ
Hospice is truly amazing. My mom passed in 2001 at age 59 and without hospice care I don't know what we would have done.

2003 International CCD
JulianneJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2009, 08:52 PM   #2502
We can tow it!

1996 28' Excella
Where the water tastes like wine , Michigan
Sorry for your loss Sharon

Sharon,
So sorry for your loss. Your tribute was lovely. God bless and keep you all!
Old 07-06-2009, 11:07 PM   #2503
Rivet Master

2005 22' International CCD
Buckhorn , Ontario
I would like to thank all of you for your thoughts and prayers during this very difficult time.

These past two weeks have been the hardest I have ever had to face. It is amazing where the resolve comes from to get you through. The hardest thing was keeping all the emotions at bay simply just to get through one day at a time - to be there for my Dad to get all the arrangements made, and to think of the things that I know my Mum would have wanted if she were here.

Not only having to face such a horrible loss - to which I am really not sure I can face this inevitable pain that has yet to sink in.

We had such a difficult logistical time with both the Canada and Independence Day celebrations dab in the middle. To top it off our minister was away at his mothers 100th birthday. But one consolation it gave my Father the time he needed to be strong for all those coming in for the Memorial Service and not having to face them so raw.

We had a small blessing on Monday prior to the cremation. Then on Saturday we had a small gathering at the Niche Wall. My Mum is of Scottish decent and loved the bagpipe - her father used to play on the moors of Clee Hill. I still remember him to this day as a young girl before I emigrated to Canada. So we had a Piper to gather the family and close friends to her resting place and to send her on her way he played Amazing Grace - Mum's favorite.

We then had the Memorial Service where several of Mum's close friends paid tribute to celebrate her life. Peter braved his emotions and gave a beautiful tribute to his Mom. It brought tears to us all.

I had composed a piano solo piece for my Mum who would be the only one I would play in front of in my years. Composed shortly after I had written the poem - it is just how I deal with my sorrow - Entitled "Mum's Eternal Stroll". I then put the music to a pictorial tribute of my Mum's life along with all the peaceful wonders of nature that she loved so much. Gosh she loved to sit with me and watch all the nature photos I had taken. Digital photography is a blessing when you think about it. It was such a long time since she had walked outside - I would take her on so many walks with my photographs.

She loved the little things in life like the little chipmunks stuffing their face with the seed that Dad would put out for the birds. She loved to watch the birds take their early morning bath in her cement bird pond. And the squirrels that invaded the bird feeders even though Dad put out, upon Mum's instance squirrel food on the expensive squirrel feeder. She loved wild flowers and love to get vases filled from my garden. I made a huge bouquet for her Blessing that rested on her coffin - has anyone ever smelled the beautiful fragrance of a Milkweed in flower - it is just like a Hoya. I was devastated that I could not find a nice ribbon anywhere!!! and had to tie it with a brown shoe lace. But thought of a conversation before her surgery - Mum was coming up with new nick names and said "instead of shoeless Joe I will be shoe lace less Patty" She had popped the word Lace in there by mistake and we had a big laugh together.

My Mum was the strongest woman I had ever known. She was my best friend and gave the best cuddles a daughter could possibly have. Such an advocate in so many trials and tribulations of growing up and living life to its fullest. She was a straight shooter, gave her love endlessly to all those who had the privilege of knowing her. She was truly the pillar of our family.
05ModPod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2009, 11:17 PM   #2504
Rivet Master

2005 22' Safari
Gresham , Oregon
I am new to this site. Have just started following this thread. Being new, I would like to send my deepest simpathy to you Sharon. Losing a Mother is a sombering experience, one that only when you have lost yours you truly understand. My mom has been gone for several years now, but a day doesn't pass that I don't think of her and miss her. My very best to you. Susan
sempi2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2009, 12:14 AM   #2505
Rivet Master

2005 22' Safari
Gresham , Oregon
Hello to all
As noted above I am new to this site, but am very anxious to start sitting around the campfire and enjoying: good company and friendship, desserts, and some wine. And maybe some more wine. Looking forward to learning more about all you silver ladies.
PS, I am big into (whatelse) A/S, sewing, crafts, jewerly, gardening, watching the birds and animals, plus lots more. Susan
sempi2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2009, 06:58 AM   #2506
Rivet Master

1979 30' Argosy
Havelock , where we park it
For Sharon

Sharon... Your MOM was truly a remarkable woman. Especially by the tribute paid to her by Peter and her friends and fellow workers. Your tribute to her was beautiful. She will always be with you and you truly are your Mother's daughter. And you know that I mean that in a very good and wonderful way. ... Annie
WBCCI 10103
"Happiness is a warm Puppy" Charles Schulz
Happycampers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2009, 02:15 PM   #2507
Rivet Master

1978 29' Ambassador
Walnut Cove , North Carolina
Glad to hear from you. I know all of this has to be exhausting. You really didn't get much time to settle back into a routine when you got home from your winter trip of being an orthopedic nurse to your sweet dog. I enjoyed reading about your mother. I didn't know you were from Scotland. Hope you can make it south sometime soon!
Old 07-13-2009, 02:09 PM   #2508
Rivet Master

Buckhorn , Ontario
Just Checking In!

It has been quite some time since I have checked in and I would like to thank all of you who have sent condolences and kind words of encouragement and support.

So in the thick of it all - I still manage to see and capture the little things in life that make us smile and think that life is not all that bad no matter what you might be facing.

My Mum loved the little creatures and this little cuttie was perfect timing as if it were Mum just stopping by to check up on me to see how I was doing....

Ever so near, yet so far away
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_0911.jpg
Views:	107
Size:	140.2 KB
ID:	83878
Old 07-13-2009, 03:28 PM   #2509

2011 25' FB Flying Cloud
Jacksonville , Oregon
Hey Debra...Great piece.

I've always been a strong believer in women's independance and learning all she can to take care of herself. This came from my GrandMother, who died at the age of 96 in 1994. She was my mentor, a nurse...which lead me to become an RN. She loved her family, my G-G-Dad, my mom, etc. But she always said to me, "make sure you can take care of yourself and be independent....the rest in life is strickly gravy on the mashed potatoes"!!

Yep, I'm married to a wonderful guy who encourages my need for independance. Soooo, we just got our Bambi, a little 19 ft. piece of wonderfulness. We've had larger travel trailers and a motorhome...this little Bambino is the best. Ofcourse, our first trip out, I'm reading the manual, shadowing my husband, taking notes on the order to do such and such. The second trip, a week later, I did it all. Set it up and tore it down. I'm not big..5'3", 105lb..... Piece of cake!! I could barely get my head thru the door when we got home x#$%&. I just retired May 5th...and we got the Bambi in June. I love the hitch on this little guy. It's an 09. I also pull my two horse - horse trailer ... Bambino is tons easier.

Anyway, I wanted to say..."Way to go girl and good luck to you"!! QuiltingHorses
CreekPeople is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2009, 07:07 PM   #2510
Rivet Master

1978 29' Ambassador
Exciting news!!

[ATTACH]84578

We are now officially the owners of a 1978 Ambasssador. We are so excited to be stepping up.Click image for larger version

Name:	The Silver Queen 010.jpg
Views:	108
Size:	279.3 KB
ID:	84578We found her on a fluke in Mt. Airy and knew right away she was our next adventure in airstreaming.Click image for larger version

Name:	The Silver Queen 011.jpg
Views:	132
Size:	330.3 KB
ID:	84579Hats off to the previous owner who loved and took care of her. She is in excellent condition with new batteries, udated converter, awnings that work, ac, heat, oven , and a brand new Domestic refigerator. The bathroom, while not new looking is very clean and well maintained.Click image for larger version

Name:	The Silver Queen 012.jpg
Views:	118
Size:	237.9 KB
ID:	84580Click image for larger version

Name:	The Silver Queen 013.jpg
Views:	112
Size:	271.1 KB
ID:	84581We took another experienced airstreamer with us and feel confident that we have found a great AS. Our friend actually spotted her first. It was put on the market Tues. He and R saw it on Wed. We bought it on Sat. The broker told us that she had at least 40 inquiries after we gve her our deposit.[ATTACH][ATTACH]Click image for larger version

Name:	The Silver Queen 018.jpg
Views:	92
Size:	232.2 KB
ID:	84584[/ATTACH][/ATTACH]I don't know how many pictures I can load but I will Click image for larger version

Name:	II 010.jpg
Views:	106
Size:	367.4 KB
ID:	84585try.We loved our Princess and hopefully she will go to a good home. We came to realize that we really loved camping and really needed to put more money into her in order to be comfortable during the winter. This seems to be the answer for us. We take possesion Thursday.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	The Silver Queen 014.jpg
Views:	104
Size:	263.3 KB
ID:	84582   Click image for larger version

Name:	The Silver Queen 016.jpg
Views:	111
Size:	260.7 KB
ID:	84583  

Old 07-27-2009, 08:34 PM   #2511
Rivet Master

2007 23' International CCD
Lapeer , Michigan
It's been a long time since I have visited the thread. Sharon I want to tell you how very sorry I am to learn of your mother's passing. Her strength will now be your strength and I know you will be a great comfort to your dad, and Peter a great solace unto you. Though very late with these condolences I hope you can feel the squeeze of my hand and know the sorrow I share with you my dear friend. May God lift your spirit and help you make your way through this difficult time.

photography
wheel interested is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2009, 08:52 PM   #2512
Rivet Master

2007 25' Safari FB SE
2000 30' Excella
1999 30' Excella 1000
Low Country , South Carolina
Smile nice rig

Dannie,

You worked so hard on the other one, this one looks great!
Old 07-27-2009, 10:51 PM   #2513
Rivet Master

Buckhorn , Ontario
Hey Dannie - WOW!!!!! Aluminities strikes another Silver Sister.

Princess was a great stepping stone and she will certainly make that special someone very happy who is looking for an AS that will be their very own perfect princess.

You should have seen me with my MoonBeam - OMG I did not want to part with her but we did and look at me now - I still have a 63 and 61 and really loving my 05 - speaking of which ....I am so sorry I missed you Dannie. It really was a spur of the moment and thought wow I am not far From 311 and said why not - I was tired and all the stress was getting to me so I thought I would do an early night and stop in and see you and head out early Saturday. Well I did enjoy my dinner in the Church parking lot and hope I did not cause too much of a stir in the neighbourhood. Ha I had to do a three point turn in your drive to get back to the Church - figured it would be easier than going around the block and I always love a challenge backing up. PS Dear your big pine tree branches are a bit low I was afraid I would put some war wounds on the ModPod so I chose the church drive instead of yours. I stayed for about an hour stretched my legs and then headed to Wytheville VA Walmart for my overnight. I knew I was tired cause somehow I ended up on I81 south instead of north OMG!!! so I went almost 40 miles out of my way. By the time I got settled in I slept through 9 hours - so I really must have needed my sleep.

For those who did not know - all that was going on finally got the better of me and I just had to get away - I needed some road time and needed to visit my friend and play some golf - so I drove a 1000 miles to SC for a week - it was exactly what I needed and I arrived back home on Saturday at 12:30 am.

I took my Dad to the airport today - he took our advice and went home for a month to spend some time with his sisters. I really wished I could have gone with him - but we have things that we have to take care of here. Like this D%$# OMB hearing.

I start staining the garage tomorrow, and we have Mum's little bird to look after as well and I have to look after Dad's place while he is away.

I am enjoying my golf league Tuesday nights and can not wait to get back down to SC to get in more golf.

I am not looking forward to October - where I have my consult for a new ankle joint - but am anxious to have the operation sooner than later.

Peter is doing much better now, Mum's passing was a terrible blow to him in many ways - especially seeing the long term affects of diabetes. He was very close to Mum and he took her death particularly hard.

I have my moments and suppose I always will now. It is hard to come to terms with facing the rest of your life without your Mum in it. So all you Mums out there with daughters - cherish every moment you can
Old 07-27-2009, 10:54 PM   #2514
Rivet Master

Buckhorn , Ontario
Quote:
Originally Posted by kmtyme View Post
Dannie,

You worked so hard on the other one, this one looks great!
Hi there - I was just close to the Low Country - where abouts are you?

I like to stay at the James Island County Park.

This trip I headed to the Santee State Park and did some Golf up there - real cheap compared to the Charleston area. I wish I had more time so that I could try out Lake Marion - maybe next time.
Old 07-27-2009, 11:02 PM   #2515
Rivet Master

Buckhorn , Ontario
Quote:
Originally Posted by wheel interested View Post
It's been a long time since I have visited the thread. Sharon I want to tell you how very sorry I am to learn of your mother's passing. Her strength will now be your strength and I know you will be a great comfort to your dad, and Peter a great solace unto you. Though very late with these condolences I hope you can feel the squeeze of my hand and know the sorrow I share with you my dear friend. May God lift your spirit and help you make your way through this difficult time.
Holy chow batman...look what the breeze blew in. How the heck are you?

Thanks so much for your kind words Carol - your squeeze is close to my heart - thanks.

How has your working camp host job going? Are you enjoying life? Are you and Bradley well? And what of your little animal house tee hee.

We are both doing okay - hopefully things will keep getting a little better each day - a lot of doo doo has happened to Peter and I lately and we still seem to keep up our spirits - life is tough sometimes really and you just have to kick it back in the teeth to keep going.

But I love being out on the road and am itching to get out as soon as I can.

We have a 3 week vacation coming up and hope to just get away impromptu style this time - no planning just head out and go.

I have applied for a camp host job in SC for the winter not sure if I will get it but keeping fingers crossed.

Not sure what we will do for Xmas this year - Xmas was all about Mum - she loved it and we always put on a great big spread for her every year. So we are looking to make something new and different this year -me and the 3 fellas - ouy vey give me strength - maybe they will take of and let me take off by myself again - wishing on a little star maybe...

Well you take care Carol and say Hi to Brad for me. Drop me a line some time....
Old 07-28-2009, 05:46 AM   #2516
Rivet Master

1978 29' Ambassador
Hi Katie, I sure was hoping that you would be at falluminum in Oct. If not maybe we can get together some other time. The princess was sort of baptism by fire for me but my confidence is much stronger and I am much more comfortable towing and setting up. As time goes by I will need to take even more responsibility so this upgrade is a true blessing. R has been really enjoying our mountain trips to cooler weather and of course I thrive in it to. We will be in Cedar Mtn again in August if you are in the mood for some mountain time:>
Its good to see some of the Sisters back.We all get so busy. Lois, you have been so quiet, what are you up to? Sharon its great to seee you feeling better. Carol we would love to hear more about your job.
Hey Sisters what are the rest of you up to. I want you all to get to know Carol, the bear lady from California. Definitely a kindred spirit!
Old 07-28-2009, 09:33 AM   #2517
Rivet Master

1978 Argosy Minuet 6.7 Metre
1989 29' Excella
Lorain County , Ohio
Send a message via AIM to loudruff Send a message via MSN to loudruff Send a message via Yahoo to loudruff
Hey!

I think Carol fell off the face! I sent her an email and got no response. She must be having wayyyyyy too much fun.
Sharon, it sounds like you are doing well and staying busy! We are hoping that you fight a good battle with your ongoing issues with that board. Good grief!
Larry and I have been bee-bopping around the state to various state parks and having fun in the Excella. We are headed to the Metro-Detroit rally this weekend. You know that will be lots of fun! Wish you could all make it!
Dannie, that "new to you" rig looks great! Ours is a 29 footer too and it is wonderful to have that extra space, isn't it? Hope to get to meet you sometime!
Lou....in beautiful Ohio! Where the weather is great!
Air #2695
TAC- OH 2
#1420 NOVA 4-006 Charter member

loudruff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2009, 07:08 AM   #2518
Rivet Master

1979 30' Argosy
Havelock , where we park it
Good morning to everyone... Hope this lovely morning finds everyone well. Looking forward to heading out for a few days with Costalotta, then we will be heading south in October. Kate, we hope to see you when we are in Charleston area for a few days and Dannie, we will get to meet you at Fallinium . Congrats on the new A/S. We love the bigger size especially for being away for extended periods. We will be in Top of Georgia park for a few days leading up to Fallinium. Sharon... Good to have you home.
WBCCI 10103
"Happiness is a warm Puppy" Charles Schulz
Happycampers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2009, 08:19 PM   #2519
3 Rivet Member

1972 29' Ambassador
Currently Camping , Pennsylvania
Aloha girls!

I type to you from inside my silver baby. I moved in on July 20! She's still not done (actually, I haven't figured out what gender she is yet), but she's functioning and has a dedicated worker on board.

Since moving in, I've learned how to rivet, Vulkem without making a mess, insulate pipes, all about aluminum gutter seal, what an awesome cleaner TSP is, how to tether a cellphone to a computer, and many other things. WE CAN TOW IT!!!

*HUGS* to you Sharon! Nothing is like the mother-daughter bond. I am so sorry for your loss and hope you are healing well.

LAURA are you out there!?

So I am roughing it for now. I have a plumber coming in sometime next week to fix some plumbing leaks. I finished cleaning the filthy, sticky walls and am going to start sanding them before I prime. I have no curtain tracks, so I have newspapers taped over the windows for privacy. I do my dishes in the bathtub, because even though I have both a sink and a DISHWASHER, neither are hooked up yet. There are also no cabinets aside from what's over the curbside wheelwell. Also, no bellypan yet and therefore no stabilizing jacks!

However, I am having a blast! I just love planning everything out and finally installing things that have been sitting around for years waiting to be used. My birds are so much happier in here than my last apartment. I have a beautiful view into the valley from my windows.

INSTANT TANKLESS HOT WATER ROCKS!!!! (this deserves its own paragraph) ...IN A BATHTUB!!!

Of all the cool things I've done, I get the most compliments on...... my MaxxFan ceiling vents (!?). FIVE people, strangers, told me "Oh, those are the nicest vents I've ever seen!" They rock too. It's rained just about every day since I've moved in and it's so nice to have them open with the air blowing down, and no rain inside

It's very not-towable right now, but I am planning to winter here so I guess that's okay. I am saving up for new axles. I have a guy lined up to install them when I can afford them. And... nothing I have is bolted down! At all! And I have books and lamps and things just set out like in a house. Going to tackle them one at a time after I get the cabinets and counters in. Then I'll be truly road worthy!

I will be adding a couple more photos on my restoration thread here, if anyone wants a peek. My internet is pretty slow so I can only do a couple at a time.

Brock
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	gypsyhome.jpg
Views:	146
Size:	427.0 KB
ID:	85300  
BrockLives is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2009, 08:40 PM   #2520
Rivet Master

1978 Argosy Minuet 6.7 Metre
1989 29' Excella
Lorain County , Ohio
Send a message via AIM to loudruff Send a message via MSN to loudruff Send a message via Yahoo to loudruff
wow!

It is looking great, Brock! You are getting lots done!! Did you say you were going to winter in PA? I hope you added LOTS of insulation and have a plan for keeping the heat in there and the tanks/pipes! You are a brave gal!

Larry and I are having fun camping in our "new to us" 89 Excella this summer. Finally, No work, all play, so far. We are planning on heading out to Punderson SP here in OH this weekend for a Dock Dogs event. Loren and the two furry girls are participating in the event.

Are any of my silver sisters headed to PA for the Fall Colors rally Oct. 1-4th? We will be heading to PennWood for that. Hope to meet some of the rest of you down the road!

Lou
Air #2695
TAC- OH 2
#1420 NOVA 4-006 Charter member

loudruff is offline   Reply With Quote