Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > The Rally Zone > Forum Rallies & Meet Ups
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 04-24-2009, 09:17 AM   #2421
Rivet Master

2005 22' International CCD
Buckhorn , Ontario
Quote:
Originally Posted by loudruff View Post
Wow! Progress! We look forward to seeing the final pictures of your many projects. You go girl! Sic that silly ol' doc who stands in the way of a woman with Silver!!!! LOL!
Sounds like Peter has been working really hard. Does he get the next vacation??????
Hey you - what is this I hear a new acquisition - the last I spoke you were seriously looking for a change - so You Did it??? Point me in direction of info or pictures on your new Airstream.

Ha for Peter - will be his choice - if he wants to go with me or solo - if solo then hmm he has a bit of work to do on a second airstream

Somehow I think we will be going together - but no firm plans yet.
05ModPod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2009, 09:37 AM   #2422
Rivet Master

1978 Argosy Minuet 6.7 Metre
1989 29' Excella
Lorain County , Ohio
Send a message via AIM to loudruff Send a message via MSN to loudruff Send a message via Yahoo to loudruff
email

Hi there! Send me your email address, will you? I had my laptop go down and Larry had to replace the mother board for me. I lost most of my email addresses.
I will send you pictures of our new to us Airstream. It is a 1989 Excella 1000 that has been updated. A 29 footer! After the little 22 ft. minuet, I think I have gone to camper heaven. Larry has towed it to its first rally already. We headed to the KY Dogwood and Bluegrass rally for our first excursion. It was a blast. Since we picked up the trailer and went caravanning with Big Al and Jean down to KY, I had to pack up the van with whatever I would need to put into the trailer for the week.....Kinda' sounded like your trip down when you picked up your trailer on the way! I did pretty good and only forgot one or two items! LOL! The van was packed to the gills! Larry is in love with the hitch set up and so he has ordered a ProPride hitch which will be here in a couple of weeks. The trailer's PO let us borrow his Hensley hitch until we get ours. Larry got to drive it and decided he had to have one! The PO did lots of great work on the trailer. New Corian countertops, pergo type floor, new faucets etc. Cool stuff!
Air #2695
TAC- OH 2
#1420 NOVA 4-006 Charter member

loudruff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2009, 12:11 PM   #2423
Rivet Master

2007 23' International CCD
Lapeer , Michigan
Dannie's town looks wonderful! Dannie we want to see more of your art! And Sharon those pictures are great! More please.

You know that frisbie collision is exactly what happened to Koa and Orie, except they don't even need a frisbe to try to herd each other off. Koa is no longer walking with a limp and he seems to be AOK but we are monitoring and adjusting his food for joint maintainence and arthristis.

Peter has built the beginnings of a small community while you have been gone! Looks terrific. It's amazing how much energy he had to expend in your absence...

Your Airstream sounds really nice Lou. Will you also tell us why Larry liked the HA so much? What did he use before that? Thanks.

photography
wheel interested is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2009, 01:15 PM   #2424
Rivet Master

1989 29' Excella
Lorain County , Ohio
Send a message via AIM to loudruff Send a message via MSN to loudruff Send a message via Yahoo to loudruff
Quote:
Originally Posted by wheel interested View Post
Your Airstream sounds really nice Lou. Will you also tell us why Larry liked the HA so much? What did he use before that? Thanks.
Hi Carol and Silver Sisters!
Larry was loaned this Hensley hitch to tow the new to us, since Larry was going to just drop it on the ball and bring it home. The PO did not want him to do that. In the past Larry, who is a professional truck driver, has towed just about everything with every kind of hitch there is...except the Hensley. We have been towing with an equalizer hitch and a friction bar. Behind cars, dropped on the one ton van's ball, etc. After towing from OH to the rally in KY, at speeds up to 75 mph....(KY's speed limit is 70) the trailer tracks exactly behind the tow vehicle. With other hitches a lane change is usually followed by some sway back and forth until the trailer settles back into place. With the Hensley a lane change is accomplished and the trailer has no residual sway back and forth to settle in behind. It is immediately, after the lane change, ready for another lane change, back the other direction. Handling is more like driving a straight truck than articulated vehicles. This would also be evident with a lane change and a hard application of the brakes. We have ordered a ProPride hitch because it seems to be an upgrade from the Hensley. Very similar in design and the engineering/geometry is the same principle....$500 cheaper. It is designed by Mr. Hensley. Mr. Hensley and Sean Woodruff (no relation) started the company.It incorporated small improvements. One of the improvements is better paint and NO ORANGE. Larry said that he had to try it to believe the difference. Coming from him that is a big statement!
Send me your home email and I will send photos. I lost my addresses when the computer mother board got toasted. Ick!!
Come visit and you can try it.
Air #2695
TAC- OH 2

Old 04-24-2009, 04:11 PM   #2425
Rivet Master

Lapeer , Michigan
I love the corian, the cabinetry, and the flooring and all that room! The couch is a great color too. How cool to have all that storage and a screen room too. Very very nice find. Wish you guys the best in your new home. Will Lauren be traveling in the Argosy soon?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Wardrobe and pantry area.jpg
Views:	118
Size:	37.3 KB
ID:	79173   Click image for larger version

Name:	Toilet.jpg
Views:	153
Size:	37.8 KB
ID:	79174  

Name:	Streetside.jpg
Views:	149
Size:	34.6 KB
ID:	79175   Click image for larger version

Name:	Sofa.jpg
Views:	274
Size:	40.5 KB
ID:	79176  

Name:	Sofa view.jpg
Views:	150
Size:	28.8 KB
ID:	79177   Click image for larger version

Name:	Sofa bed.jpg
Views:	287
Size:	30.8 KB
ID:	79178  

Name:	Sofa and tables.jpg
Views:	239
Size:	27.3 KB
ID:	79179   Click image for larger version

Name:	Shower.jpg
Views:	131
Size:	34.3 KB
ID:	79180  

Name:	Shower controls.jpg
Views:	200
Size:	38.4 KB
ID:	79181   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen room.jpg
Views:	135
Size:	52.5 KB
ID:	79182  

photography
Old 04-24-2009, 04:16 PM   #2426
Rivet Master

Lapeer , Michigan
I like the twin beds and the hallway storage too.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Screen room view 2.jpg
Views:	122
Size:	48.3 KB
ID:	79183   Click image for larger version

Name:	Rear area.jpg
Views:	145
Size:	35.2 KB
ID:	79184  

Name:	Living room cabinet to left of entry door..jpg
Views:	121
Size:	32.9 KB
ID:	79186   Click image for larger version

Name:	Kitchen backsplash.jpg
Views:	191
Size:	33.5 KB
ID:	79187  

Name:	Kitchen area.jpg
Views:	264
Size:	30.7 KB
ID:	79188   Click image for larger version

Name:	Hallway front to back.jpg
Views:	123
Size:	31.1 KB
ID:	79189  

Name:	Hallway back to front.jpg
Views:	126
Size:	39.7 KB
ID:	79190   Click image for larger version

Name:	Bedroom twins.jpg
Views:	119
Size:	33.3 KB
ID:	79192  

Name:	Bathroom.jpg
Views:	118
Size:	33.9 KB
ID:	79193   Click image for larger version

Name:	Bathroom vanity.jpg
Views:	293
Size:	27.1 KB
ID:	79195  

photography
Old 04-24-2009, 04:31 PM   #2427
Rivet Master

1989 29' Excella
Lorain County , Ohio
thank you, Carol

We think it is a pretty good AS. It has a few little things to take care of. Larry is out there having fun looking at the nuisance stuff today. Loren may eventually inherit the Minuet. She has to be "trained" on how to camp with it. It may be a little small for 3 people and 2 dogs. Yikes! She has a popup and is starting with that so far.
Air #2695
TAC- OH 2

Old 04-24-2009, 04:39 PM   #2428
Rivet Master

Lapeer , Michigan
Aahh, well maybe about the right size for a woman's rally solo or a mom and daughter weekend. Or maybe you will just have extra facilities at the driveway campouts for an extra guest or two.

photography
Old 04-24-2009, 11:11 PM   #2429
Rivet Master

Lorain County , Ohio
Send a message via AIM to Airbiscuit Send a message via Yahoo to Airbiscuit Send a message via Skype™ to Airbiscuit
Quote:
We think it is a pretty good AS. It has a few little things to take care of. Larry is out there having fun looking at the nuisance stuff today. Loren may eventually inherit the Minuet. She has to be "trained" on how to camp with it. It may be a little small for 3 people and 2 dogs. Yikes! She has a popup and is starting with that so far.
"trained" Well get it out of the garage and lets go already! Besides, someone has to show Larrita up on this towing business... who else but her daughter to do it! (j/k, love you dad)

My SOB is too small and a pain in the shoulder & back... and I can't set it up by myself!

So... when is this rally I hear so much about? Has a date for this years been picked yet? I looked through most of the threads... but found nada as far as dates go for '09.
Airbiscuit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2009, 09:30 AM   #2430
Rivet Master

Lapeer , Michigan
Lauren, you are sounding very much like a silver sister, We hear you roar! You tow girl! 
Name:   curtsey.gif
Views: 296
Size:  6.3 KB

photography
Old 04-26-2009, 05:17 AM   #2431
4 Rivet Member

2004 16' International CCD
1997 25' Safari
hamilton , Montana
Hi gals,,, Lou,,, is that not the perfect trailer for you?? I knew it from the start,, so glad you got it,, so glad it functions well,,, and Loren,,, be patient,, think how long it took for your parents to use the Minuet,,, happy for all the family,,, the nicest Streamers around,,, donna
dieterdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2009, 07:22 AM   #2432
Rivet Master

2012 25' FB Eddie Bauer
Vintage Kin Owner
Virginia Beach , Virginia
Quote:
You want my sister Karen's phone number? She might take the Minny off your hands? You know she's crazy about your Argosy.

Hey it's great to hear from you. Aren't those campsites at Western Branch Great? And I really love your new Airstream. How long does it take to set up the screen room? I enjoy this virtual rally but I'm ready to really travel. Perhaps next weekend I should just go to Walnut Grove or someplace in the mountains.

Rally...Rally... Really Rally.... it's the springtime itch..... must scratch...

------

GT1963 Glad to see you've finally won a round from the Dr. who wanted you to leave your land alone. Is it all over now? KOOL. Your poor dogs, that seawater can really do some serious damage - so the throw up was the best thing........ of course not for the car.

I'm impressed with the new garage and the work on the land. I'll have to get up into Canada one day in the not too distant future.

Paula
Old 04-26-2009, 09:46 AM   #2433
Rivet Master

2005 22' International CCD
Buckhorn , Ontario
Hi Lou - Thanks for sending me your pics! WOW girl - sorry argosy owners not meant in that way but hmm Lou and Larry looks like you have gone to the Ritz!!! It makes me think back to when I stayed at your place - and How you gave new meaning to courtesy parking and offering your guest bedroom for a fabulous sleep...but you better not stay in there too long on a rally weekend or you will be packed up and put into the tow vehicle long with the mattress.

It must be such a great feeling to virtually just walk out your door hitch up and away you go.... Congratulations... I really liked the excella that we had for parts - and Pete was so so so tempted to fix it - but she was just too far gone to make the repair $$$$'s worth it. Same layout as yours with the Galley opposite side.

You will love the Hensley hitch too - You here so much about it from a lot of the Ontario Pullers up here with the big long trailers.

Loren wow - and the minuet will be coming to you GIRL!!! I love your handle is that for you furbaby - flying in the air and getting a cookie - just guessing.

Yep Daughter Like Mother - going to the Ritz from a Pop-Up baby - Christmas has come early and well deserved for a fabulous Airstreaming family!!! - Can't wait to see all the little touches you will both do to your airstreams....Lou what will Larry do with all the time he will have on his hands now - since he will not have to pack and unpack for most of the weekend

Paula it is a pretty drive there too - well you Know the terrian - I wanted so much to get off the interstate and do some exploring - but I barely had enough cash left to get my gas home so I did not want to take a chance and get stranded.

Unfortunately Paula we are not over with the Dr. Yet. We have a hearing on June 11th hopefully to get our final approval on the rear setback. So that we can be issued the actual structure building permit. During this time our Lawyer hopes to win over the OMB in the injustice of the system and the abuse of process that has taken place over the past 3 years and that his clients have been made to jump through hoops at other peoples whim and through our expense - simply to have a confirmation of the initial approvals given 3 years ago.

On the 12th regardless of the outcome I am taking ModPod down to the Waterfront lot for her summer location - they can fine me all they want if we do not have the approval and if we do then ModPod becomes the legal onsite trailer during the construction period which of course now we will DRAG out as long as we possibly can with extension after extension - all quite legal of course!!! - and only building when our neighbours are enjoying the peace and serenity of their "cottage" life that has been so neighbour it makes me sick. And to think they could have had probably the nicest and most easy going couple to neighbour by - but nope they choose to be greedy and shelfish at our expense both financially and with our family - thus made their bed and now they WILL sleep in it - or let them try anyway

Oh listen to the woodpecker dear - no wait that would be a hammer at 4:30 am in the morning!!!!! There is a UFO - no wait look the size of those spot lights I can't see the stars.....

Maybe a couple of forsale signs might be a nice gesture for Christams

Yeah the girls did take a bit of a beating over wintering. But Mommy stuck it out and can not wait for next year - bring on the snow tee hee.

Yes Yes Yes - you must make your way up here for sure....I would still love to have a mini Rally one day once the projects are finished and we can offer some nice hook ups. Peter has missed his calling - he really should have been a builder.

Happy travels in your airstreams gals....I am on a short haitus to get some much needed yard work done.

I feel a 1000 percent better than this time last spring!!! so I have lots of catch up to do. Splitting and stacking firewood this weekend in between the rain.

A & M so sorry I missed you on Friday - I forgot my phone and could not call - got way layed and by the time I was ready I did not go -went to Mom's instead and back home straight to bed - still trying to gear myself up to this new schedule I am on.
05ModPod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2009, 06:12 AM   #2434
Rivet Master

1978 29' Ambassador
Walnut Cove , North Carolina
Hey there, Just wanted to let you know that we made it back from Merlefest last night about 7:30 pm. Our first camping experience was just awesome! the music was unbelievable and Richard and I are now bluegrass fans forever! We saw Doc Wason at 86 belting it out. We were able to witness impromptu jam sessions that went late into the night. the campground is run by the VA, we had full hookups and absolutely no shade with very unexpected 87 degree heat. The campground really just survives for the Merlefest and has no bells or whistles but the comaraderie makes up for all of that. We actually have made our reservations for next year. We gave "tours" of the Princess all weekend which was grreat fun and met so many people. We were actually parked near a 70 tradewind owned by a sweet couple from Virginia. There was also a 76-I can't believe I didn't ask them the model but I think itwas a Soverign because it seemed larger than ours. 4 guys bought it together and they take it to races and hunting. They did not know about the forum and we were actually able to give them some information. We were in great company with 6-7 couples, all owned huge SOB motorhomes but were very proud of our little Princess and were so supportive and helpful to us. We made breakfast and supper together and I completley blew my diet but enjoyed it so much! The highlight was when Johnny, who owns are best restruant here in Walnut Cove made low country boil (Frogmoor stew). He dumped it out on a table covered with paper and we all ate till we were ready to bust! I was trying to convey how much fun we had before I confess that I had a real goof-when we stopped to get gas before we even got out of town I scraped the low side of the Princess really bad on one of those stanchions they put in place so you don't hit the pump. I actually have two softball size holes! I didn't cry but I sure got sick to my stomach. It was below my line of vision in the mirror and I now have a greater appreciation for "swinging wide." It didn't help much but several people came to tell me that they had done the sam thing. In fact one of our friends who is a traveling pharmacist, has a $200,00 MH did the exact same thing the first day he took out his new MH. I meant to take a picture of his booboo but the moral of the story is we live and learn. We caravaned to the Merlefest and they put us next to last with the most experienced driver behind us. Don really wathced my rear (LOL) and it gave me confidence to make lane shifts and he also watched for any potential problems. It was only an hour but we went into the foothills and didn't have any problems. Don said I didn't sway at all. I was able to get her hooked up without any problems. Our air wasn't working but I think its just a wiring problem-if not we will go ahead and make the investment because the Princess becomes a toaster oven quickly! I will try to get my blog updated today. I took my kudzu with me and worked on my baskets, I need to really turn some out this week because I have a show this weekend. Well, Silver Sisters I hope to see you at a rally soon!
Old 04-27-2009, 06:30 AM   #2435
Rivet Master

1978 29' Ambassador
Sharon, Wounds like you lakeside lot would be a perfect site for a drum circle!!I know a group from Asheville who would love to take a camping trip-thye love to drum all day and all night! LOL
Old 04-27-2009, 08:43 AM   #2436
Rivet Master

1978 29' Ambassador
I have posted photos on Humzoo.com/reera about our first trip. I also tried to get a few on the gallery. Wounds should be sounds-spastic fingers.
Old 04-27-2009, 03:24 PM   #2437
Rivet Master

Lapeer , Michigan
The Western Silver Sisters got a blurb in the newest Airstreamer. Good press gals.

"SHOW ME SOME SKIN! AIRSTREAM TATTOO

What do you get when you take a small group of women who tow and love to camp in their Airstreams, throw in a beach side campground, amazing weather, late night stories by the campfire and a pinch of sassiness? A really good time... and a tattoo of an Airstream.

The "Silver Sisters" are a group of women from The West who organized their first women's rally three years ago online at Airforums.com . The group is focused on having a good time and supporting other women in towing their Airstreams....MORE "

Course we all know the sun always sets on the West, just don't forget it rose(ie) in the East! Girl Power 
Name:   curtsey.gif
Views: 290
Size:  6.3 KB
Right Jamie? (lumintrailia)

photography
Old 04-27-2009, 03:58 PM   #2438
Rivet Master

Lapeer , Michigan
Show 'em gals!!! Yea!!! Miss Rivette, what say you? We can tow it! Right Steph? We aren't letting a little thing like 8 months of winter keep us down, eh? LOL
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	_MG_7692.jpg
Views:	140
Size:	95.4 KB
ID:	79340   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_9758.jpg
Views:	121
Size:	135.8 KB
ID:	79341  

photography
Old 04-27-2009, 05:48 PM   #2439
Rivet Master

1997 30' Limited
1972 23' Safari
1965 17' Caravel
Howell , Michigan
Send a message via AIM to Airboss Send a message via MSN to Airboss Send a message via Yahoo to Airboss
Those chics are badder then battery acid... scare the H*** out of me thats for sure....
Old 04-27-2009, 08:17 PM   #2440
4 Rivet Member

1975 25' Tradewind
, Michigan
Send a message via AIM to eikel1we
Congrats Lou and Larrita!

I'm so happy you were able to find such a great AS! You can now spend any spare time, and dollars, shopping at yard & moving sales, and couponing at Bed Bath and Beyond and haunting Target, Wal & K Marts! I love the silicone kitchen stuff. No staining and some of the stuff collapses (colindar and others).

Any chance you two can make the June Midwest Q Morraine View SP in IL??. A really great bunch of people.

Hope to see you,

sue
2004 GMC Yukon XL 2500
Michigan - "middle of the mitt"
eikel1we is offline   Reply With Quote