Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > The Rally Zone > Forum Rallies & Meet Ups
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 07-14-2006, 02:36 PM   #161
Rivet Master

1997 30' Limited
1972 23' Safari
1965 17' Caravel
Howell , Michigan
Send a message via AIM to Airboss Send a message via MSN to Airboss Send a message via Yahoo to Airboss
John you might want to check with the campground. They told me that we had 20 sites .. I see our circle has 24.. Hmmmmmmmmmm
Airboss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2006, 04:34 PM   #162
Rivet Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4201KW8G
John you might want to check with the campground. They told me that we had 20 sites .. I see our circle has 24.. Hmmmmmmmmmm
Well, we have that many confirmed already.
Maybe we need to firm up if we have the remaining four sites?
This is the first time I did not do the campground follow-up so I am just guessing at this stuff now.
Anon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2006, 05:06 PM   #163
Rivet Master

1979 30' Argosy
Havelock , where we park it
Talking

Hello Lou.. Marvin and I would be happy to be greeters.. we hope to arive on Tues or Wed.. depending on Peter and Sharon.. don't mind the snacks but should be byob.. Annie
WBCCI 10103
"Happiness is a warm Puppy" Charles Schulz
Happycampers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2006, 08:02 PM   #164
Rivet Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Happycampers
Hello Lou.. Marvin and I would be happy to be greeters.. we hope to arive on Tues or Wed.. depending on Peter and Sharon.. don't mind the snacks but should be byob.. Annie
As long as there are Canadian-brand wobbly pops for the founder of the LPPI you absolutely know I will there for ya!
Old 07-15-2006, 04:32 PM   #165
Rivet Master

Currently Looking...
NE , Indiana
Quote:
Originally Posted by pattersontoo
Ah!
I ran off some tire mount equipment for the GMT-900 project back late last year.
You may have seen it in there. It is a huge cell that has four PLC's on it. There are two mount and inflate stations in it. It is really neat to watch it mount the 22 inch tire/wheel combo!
Hey Lou,

They are 20" tire and wheels, they are the largest diameter that we install on the pickups that are built at FWA (Fort Wayne Assembly).

Preparation is proceeding full-tilt for our late fall launch of the 900 pickup.

Tim
AIR 7185
redeagle313 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2006, 08:07 PM   #166
Rivet Master

2005 22' International CCD
Buckhorn , Ontario
Quote:
As long as there are Canadian-brand wobbly pops for the founder of the LPPI you absolutely know I will there for ya!
Okay we are in too for anything you need - i can take pictures - and give them to someone else to post on the web - or if you mean post them here no problem.

If you put a Globe and Minuet together we would make up the room A&M will need with their 5th symphony

Okay Lou - how many steaks ya wanna trade for how many cases of cold ice - see our old fridge works real good when we cross the border.

But this time we will not be carrying our old axle and bringing the little baby that has the nice and cold AC - by the way is their 30 amp at these sites - if not that is okay we can rough it with a couple of fans. This time last year when we were traveling to Indiana we just about died with the Humidity and Heat. Good thing we arrived at 1:00 am.

Still planning the week with Peters work -We may have to leave Thursday - so that Peter can capitlize on the full week with the Holiday Monday. If we take the front end of that week then we have to rush home on the Monday which will be murder coming across the top of Toronto. Will chat by phone.

Who is Al and Jean???? where you at????

Lou I left out the bit about the fact your pouches were Mini snahuzers for a reason - my two outweighed and out toothed them by a mile and yet they occupied the underside of the picnic table

Wow on the Pot luck - what is something that has not been thought of yet that we might bring ?

Hey that little Tracker could probably do a fine job of pulling the Globe Trotter - did you not know that us cannucks are famous for pulling trailers with our 6C's - with the gass prices there just might be a few nuts out there thinking of pulling with the 4C's

Getting excited for our only trip this summer with the MoonBeam - and might be our last - she will have a FOR SALE sticker on her...ouch that hurt Have to move forward with the Overlander - decided to keep on our plan with the Hybrid - and we will not need two trailers.
05ModPod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2006, 09:27 PM   #167
Rivet Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by redeagle313
Hey Lou,

They are 20" tire and wheels, they are the largest diameter that we install on the pickups that are built at FWA (Fort Wayne Assembly).

Tim
I know all about automation but nothing about what size wheels you guys are putting on them.
I was lucky enough to be transferred back to powertrain a little over a year ago. I used to do a lot of work for CCRW out of the Warren Tech Center. I grew very tired of going to such fun places ass Lordstown, OH., Arlington, TX. and Shreveport, LA.
Now I keep my butt parked at GMPT-Warren all day long. I know what it is like to actually wake up in my own bed for a complete year now.
Old 07-15-2006, 10:05 PM   #168
Rivet Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by GT6921
If you put a Globe and Minuet together we would make up the room A&M will need with their 5th symphony
I figure we might have to do just that! A&M had to apply for their own postal code when they bought that rig!
Quote:
Okay Lou - how many steaks ya wanna trade for how many cases of cold ice - see our old fridge works real good when we cross the border.
With the price of beef these days, I will trade you two big ole' T-bones fer one case!
Quote:
by the way is their 30 amp at these sites - if not that is okay we can rough it with a couple of fans.
From what I understand there is 30 amp service. I pray there is or I may be pulling out a day or two early!
Quote:
Still planning the week with Peters work -We may have to leave Thursday - so that Peter can capitlize on the full week with the Holiday Monday. If we take the front end of that week then we have to rush home on the Monday which will be murder coming across the top of Toronto. Will chat by phone.
Uh, ok. Chat by phone would be better anyway as I did not understand all that you are trying to say there. Then again, it makes sense when you hear it instead of read it.
Quote:
Who is Al and Jean???? where you at????
Al and Jean Veenhuizen. Like you, they are from Canada and have that "hot chick" on their money!
Quote:
Lou I left out the bit about the fact your pouches were Mini snahuzers for a reason - my two outweighed and out toothed them by a mile and yet they occupied the underside of the picnic table
I actually could not blame your poor puppies. Mine behaved like a pack of ravenous wolves!
Quote:
Wow on the Pot luck - what is something that has not been thought of yet that we might bring ?
Well, I think we are still looking for a couple side dishes. I do have dibs on A&M's sweet potato casserole this time. Last time I was carving my birds for everyone. This time I am eating!
Quote:
Hey that little Tracker could probably do a fine job of pulling the Globe Trotter - did you not know that us cannucks are famous for pulling trailers with our 6C's - with the gass prices there just might be a few nuts out there thinking of pulling with the 4C's.
Yeah, Andy at Can-Am tried to convince me that I might be able to tow my Minuet with my Pontiac Vibe! Now that would be a sight!

Quote:
Getting excited for our only trip this summer with the MoonBeam - and might be our last - she will have a FOR SALE sticker on her...ouch that hurt Have to move forward with the Overlander - decided to keep on our plan with the Hybrid - and we will not need two trailers.
You better let me know first before you go sticking a FS sign in MoonBeam. Your trailer is 8 inches wider and a foot longer than my little Minuet. When I bought it, there was one less kiddy in the house. I am still trying to figure out HOW those kids got here!
Old 07-15-2006, 10:07 PM   #169
Rivet Master

Quote:
Hey Lou,

Tim
Looks like we will have a lot to talk about at the rally! I sure am glad that there are some other automotive people coming. Makes me feel like we can feel each other's pain!
Old 07-16-2006, 12:34 PM   #170
Rivet Master

1997 30' Limited
1972 23' Safari
1965 17' Caravel
Howell , Michigan
Send a message via AIM to Airboss Send a message via MSN to Airboss Send a message via Yahoo to Airboss
Anyone have a WBCCI member list from the early to mid 60s?? Looking for a William Sawyer,, May have lived in Allen Park Mi at the time...Or maybe Taylor, Mich.. What was his WBCCI number???
Airboss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2006, 02:11 PM   #171
Rivet Master

Currently Looking...
NE , Indiana
Quote:
Looks like we will have a lot to talk about at the rally! I sure am glad that there are some other automotive people coming. Makes me feel like we can feel each other's pain!
Yea, 10-4 on the shared pain......but beer helps!
AIR 7185
Old 07-16-2006, 04:33 PM   #172
2 Rivet Member

2008 25' Safari FB SE
Holly Springs , Mississippi
Is it too late to join the festivities?

Hello!

My family and I are leaving Cincinnati tomorrow for Dearborn for the week -- we're taking the kid to the Henry Ford complex. Since we (I think) won't be far from all of y'all, could we join you? Maybe Thursday? We'd have to leave Saturday morning (long trip home...), but we could party with y'all Friday night.

Is there room at the campground? If so, how do I sign us up?

Pam

p.s. Since we're leaving tomorrow early, it would be great to hear back from someone tonight....

"Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read." Grouco Marx
daveandpamz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2006, 06:59 PM   #173
Rivet Master

Currently Looking...
NE , Indiana
Quote:
Originally Posted by daveandpamz
Hello!

My family and I are leaving Cincinnati tomorrow for Dearborn for the week -- we're taking the kid to the Henry Ford complex. Since we (I think) won't be far from all of y'all, could we join you? Maybe Thursday? We'd have to leave Saturday morning (long trip home...), but we could party with y'all Friday night.

Is there room at the campground? If so, how do I sign us up?

Pam

p.s. Since we're leaving tomorrow early, it would be great to hear back from someone tonight....
I believe the rally is from August 4th to the 6th......
AIR 7185
Old 07-16-2006, 07:44 PM   #174
2 Rivet Member

2008 25' Safari FB SE
Holly Springs , Mississippi
HOLY COW.

And since I can't read a calendar, I thought that was this coming weekend!

Thank you for catching that, and perhaps we'll see you at next year's rally (since we'll obviously be back in Cincinnati by Aug. 4.....)

(sheepish grin)

Pam

"Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read." Grouco Marx
daveandpamz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2006, 08:39 PM   #175
Rivet Master

1966 22' Safari
1979 30' Argosy
Armada , Michigan
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4201KW8G
Every time I call them they tell me 24. Actually it started at 20 and then became, "well, there's 24 there." I see I need to call them again on Monday and make sure they're still talking the same story to me.

Visit my Camping Blog!
AYRSTRM2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2006, 05:54 PM   #176
We can tow it!

1996 28' Excella
Where the water tastes like wine , Michigan
Smile Can't wait to see Carol's new trailer!!!

Counting down... I love that vanity plate superimposed on your trailer in the salem thread...Carol...good for you!
Old 07-17-2006, 09:03 PM   #177
Rivet Master

Quote:
Yea, 10-4 on the shared pain......but beer helps!
As Homer Simpson said, "Beer. The cause of and the answer to all of life's problems!"

Old 07-17-2006, 09:06 PM   #178
Rivet Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by AYRSTRM2
Every time I call them they tell me 24. Actually it started at 20 and then became, "well, there's 24 there." I see I need to call them again on Monday and make sure they're still talking the same story to me.
Well, it looks like we will have enough to make at least 21, maybe 22.
If there is a problem, I am sure we can straighten it out. If not, I am sure we can find somebody else that would LOVE to have that many campsites booked on that weekend.
If they want to stick to that story then we can always use that as a trump card.
Old 07-17-2006, 09:07 PM   #179
Rivet Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by daveandpamz
HOLY COW.

And since I can't read a calendar, I thought that was this coming weekend!

Thank you for catching that, and perhaps we'll see you at next year's rally (since we'll obviously be back in Cincinnati by Aug. 4.....)

(sheepish grin)

Pam
Well, we sure hope to see you there next year.
It looks like this is going to turn out to be an annual thing from here on out.
Old 07-17-2006, 09:08 PM   #180
Rivet Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by tin sista
Counting down... I love that vanity plate superimposed on your trailer in the salem thread...Carol...good for you!
TICK TOCK TICK TOCK...
Geez, I still gotta shampoo the carpet in the trailer! DOH!