Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > The Rally Zone > Forum Rallies & Meet Ups
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 05-10-2006, 09:26 PM   #21
Rivet Master

Eleven and counting!

First of all I would like to say, "welcome", to those who did not have the opportunity to join us last year:
Airstorm
AYRSTRM2 (aka John)
redeagle313
tin sista (aka Steph)
HDS (aka Harold) (not on the "list" but I know he is coming anyway! )

I would also like to give a BIG shout out to all of the "LPPI Charter Members" who are returning! I know there will be more as time permits for the ones who only frequent the forums due to our rally to post on the thread.

Welcome back:
66Overlander (Joe and Lorrie) They may make it yet! Let's hope!
ITOWAIR (Andy and Claudia) Hello....Neumann!
Wheel Interested (Brad and Carol) Carol was the brains behind the whole rally!
Happycampers (Marvin and Annie) Annie is credited with inventing the name "Louscrew"!
BigAl (Al and Jean) A good set of Canadian officers of the LPPI!
Wagongirl (Kirk and Beth) aka Mr. and Mrs. Wagongirl!

For those that are new to our little rally, please introduce yourself on this thread and let us get to know about you and/or your family!

I will start....
I am pattersontoo (aka Lou Patterson)
My wife of 11 years is Candice (Candie) and we have two little girls: Alexandra (Alex) age 6 and Grace (potty-training) age 2 1/2. We also have two dogs who do not normally attend the rallies with us: Molly (Standard Schnauzer) and Scrappy (Miniature Schnauzer). Trust me, my kids are enough for you to handle. You do not need my dogs too!
We own a 1977 Argosy 6 Metre' Minuet. I have nearly completed the restoration with only a few things left to do. I have been camping in Airstreams and Argosys since I was being carried in my momma's tummy 40 years ago this summer! I have completely restored a 1963 Bambi, 1976 Arogsy 24 and a 1977 Argosy 22. The Minuet will be my last one I believe. I have been restoring and maintaining Airstreams since my dad used to make us do it back when I turned about 12! I was not fond of the three week marathon maintenance my dad had us do before our family vacations but I now find myself doing the same things now that I did then... and enjoying it. Go figure!

The first Metro-Detroit Airstream/Argosy Rally, which somehow became known as "Lou-A-Palooza 1.0" about halfway through it, was last year and we had a BLAST! Everyone now knows that I like smuggled Canadian Molson Ice beer but I will take any beer with the word "free" attached to it!

I think it would be nice if all of us posted a little something about ourselves. Even if we know each other.

Come on, give us all a glimpse into what makes you, uh, "you"!
Anon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2006, 06:42 AM   #22
Rivet Master

2007 23' International CCD
Lapeer , Michigan
Great idea Lou! And nice to see such a good showing of old and new friends.

Glad you didn't include the standing members because I never would have thought to call myself the "brains" There goes your credibility!!!!

photography
wheel interested is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2006, 03:47 PM   #23
Rivet Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by wheel interested
Great idea Lou! And nice to see such a good showing of old and new friends.

Glad you didn't include the standing members because I never would have thought to call myself the "brains" There goes your credibility!!!!
Standing on what?
Old 05-11-2006, 03:52 PM   #24
Rivet Master

1966 22' Safari
1979 30' Argosy
Armada , Michigan
Hey folks, just wanted to let you know to watch out for the Rally Icon Banner. I'm putting together a special Dee-troit version to pop up on the forum portal. I think you'll get a kick out of it. I just need to give them the right link!

Visit my Camping Blog!
AYRSTRM2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2006, 03:53 PM   #25
Rivet Master

1966 22' Safari
1979 30' Argosy
Armada , Michigan
And Hi to Carol for popping back in after her whirlwind shakedown tour!

Visit my Camping Blog!
Old 05-11-2006, 03:54 PM   #26
Rivet Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by AYRSTRM2
Hey folks, just wanted to let you know to watch out for the Rally Icon Banner. I'm putting together a special Dee-troit version to pop up on the forum portal. I think you'll get a kick out of it. I just need to give them the right link!
You can always have Jack fix it for ya, buddy!
Old 05-11-2006, 05:37 PM   #27
Rivet Master

2007 23' International CCD
Lapeer , Michigan
Quote:
Originally Posted by pattersontoo
Standing on what?
You know...standing knee high in deep in...oh never mind. You elevate all of us to great heights.

John, can't wait to see what you have in store for us for a rally icon!

photography
wheel interested is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2006, 05:53 PM   #28
Rivet Master

Currently Looking...
NE , Indiana
Redeagle313 reporting in

Hello! Redeagle 313 = Tim & Randi, married almost 13 years and we have two daughters, Madeline who is 9 and Meredith who will be 4 by rally time. Madeline has been homeschooled the past three years and Meredith will start her schooling this year. No pets at this time, but I am sure a dog is in our future.

We have had our Airstream for about a year now and are still very pleased with our choice. We spent over 40 nights in it last year. From the first night at the dealer's lot to the last trip of the year to Disney's Fort Wilderness, we had a lot of fun last year. We attended the Midwest Forums Rally last year, but the date for that event won't work for us this year, so this year it looks we are heading north from Indiana to be with you all.

The Airstream is our first RV, and the first one in either of our extended families. My dad loved Airstreams and all things made of aluminum, he would comment every time we passed by one on the highway. So I am sure he is looking down on us with a smile.

Looking forward to meeting all of you!
AIR 7185
redeagle313 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2006, 09:02 PM   #29
Rivet Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by redeagle313
Hello! Redeagle 313 = Tim & Randi, married almost 13 years and we have two daughters, Madeline who is 9 and Meredith who will be 4 by rally time. Madeline has been homeschooled the past three years and Meredith will start her schooling this year. No pets at this time, but I am sure a dog is in our future.

We have had our Airstream for about a year now and are still very pleased with our choice. We spent over 40 nights in it last year. From the first night at the dealer's lot to the last trip of the year to Disney's Fort Wilderness, we had a lot of fun last year. We attended the Midwest Forums Rally last year, but the date for that event won't work for us this year, so this year it looks we are heading north from Indiana to be with you all.

The Airstream is our first RV, and the first one in either of our extended families. My dad loved Airstreams and all things made of aluminum, he would comment every time we passed by one on the highway. So I am sure he is looking down on us with a smile.

Looking forward to meeting all of you!
Welcome Tim, Randi, Madeline and Meredith.
Well, it looks like Alex will have some girls to play with this time! Sorry Carol, you will be playing second fiddle this rally!
Old 05-12-2006, 09:54 PM   #30
Rivet Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by wheel interested
You elevate all of us to great heights.
I try my best!
Old 05-15-2006, 02:57 PM   #31
2 Rivet Member

1969 27' Overlander
Jackson , Michigan
Well since HDS is not geting around to it, I'll write a little about us. Harold is a Postal worker. He fills and maintains the stamp machines around town along with other duties. I am a Preschool Teacher and director of Humpty Dumpty Child Care in Jackson. The children call me Miss LeeAnn which often comes out more like mizlann, thus my nickname. Our children (two girls), are both in college now and don't often come out camping with us anymore. We have a cat that we are going to try to bring out with us this year, (inside the trailer only), and a dog that nobody will want around, (staying at home). We used to be Civil War Reenactors, but decided the packing and unpacking was getting to be to much. We do miss the friendships made around the campfires though, and we are looking forward to forming new friendships with you all. LeeAnn
mizlann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2006, 03:07 PM   #32
Rivet Master

1979 30' Argosy
Havelock , where we park it
Welcome to LPPI

Looking forward to meeting you LeeAnn....Annie and Marvin
WBCCI 10103
"Happiness is a warm Puppy" Charles Schulz
Happycampers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2006, 05:23 PM   #33
Itowair

2004 28' International CCD
Clinton Twp , Michigan
Introduction of ITOWAIR

Not sure if I was to write an introduction or not since we are charter members of the LPPI but here it is anyway.

We are the Neumanns Andy and Claudia and Triton. Triton is our 2 year old German Shepard Dog, by the time the Rally rools around we will have a new addition Amadeus another German Shepard puppy.

We started our camping in a Fleetwood popup about 10 years ago. We graduated to an Airstream when we bought a slightly used 1998 25 ft Safari. We joined the Metro Detroit Chapter of the WBCCI and I served two terms as unit prez. While at international in Vermont we upgraded to brand new 2004 28ft CCD. Which Lou calls the FU FU trailer , we went a little overboard with the Hazard Orange color sceem.
ITOWAIR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2006, 09:11 PM   #34
Rivet Master

Tick tock, tick tock

Do you hear that?
It is the sound of the rally getting closer!
I could really use some help setting things up.
John - did you get in touch with Apple Creek to find out about the way we are to handle the reservations?

I have not heard from Jeff Terry yet about the T-shirts either. Jeff has been elected to a new office at his UAW Local and he has been very busy. I will probably run over to his house later this coming week to see how he is doing.

What do we all have for ideas for the rally? Let's breathe some life into this thing!

I will be doing up a reservation form that will include a couple of extras should anyone want to participate in them. Things like T-shirts and what-not.

I would also like to come up with a "logo", (for lack of a better term), for our little rally. Give us all some idea as to what you thing we should use. Then we can vote on them. The one that wins will get an award at the potluck dinner!
Old 05-20-2006, 11:19 PM   #35
Rivet Master

1966 22' Safari
1979 30' Argosy
Armada , Michigan
Well, just got back from hockey again.

Lou, I actually am going to be camping at Apple Creek this Thursday thru Sunday. We just pulled the Safari out of its house today and are washing it down and airing it out. I should have a fuller report on or about Memorial Day.

Sorry about the silence, I've been a little pre-occupied with looking for a sailboat. I'm thinking about starting my own club: The Ayers Yachting, Expeditionary and Recreation Society. Get it? It spells, er, Ayers! Oh, well, never mind, my wife would kill me....

Hey for an idea, here's one I kick around every so often. This would conflict with a potluck maybe, but maybe not. We could do an Iron Chef competition. We have one ingredient, that no one knows ahead of time, and the contestants have to make a meal, or a dish with that ingredient. Wouldn't have to be everyone there, just have a sign up for interested parties and then the others judge and the winner gets a new dutch over or something. The secret ingredient could be something like mangoes, or sausage, or kale or waffles or whatever. And then you'd have to make either one dish, like a side, or do a whole meal, one main, two sides and either salad, bread or dessert.

Visit my Camping Blog!
Old 05-21-2006, 07:29 AM   #36
2 Rivet Member

1969 27' Overlander
Jackson , Michigan
Hi John, Maybe HDS and I will come out and meet you next weekend. We can't camp but just to say hi. My sister gave Harold a surprise birthday party this weekend. The theme was pink flamingos. It was so funny. There was pink everywhere!!! They gave him 6 pink flamingos, pink flamingo cups, straws, and even a pink flaming beanie hat,(no propeller). LeeAnn
mizlann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2006, 07:37 AM   #37
Rivet Master

1966 22' Safari
1979 30' Argosy
Armada , Michigan
Stop by, in the evening, if you wish! I don't know what campsite we have, they'll put us there when we get there, but we won't be hard to find, look for the 22' Vintage AS.

Visit my Camping Blog!
Old 05-22-2006, 08:33 PM   #38
Rivet Master

Quote:
Well, just got back from hockey again.

Lou, I actually am going to be camping at Apple Creek this Thursday thru Sunday. We just pulled the Safari out of its house today and are washing it down and airing it out. I should have a fuller report on or about Memorial Day.

Sorry about the silence, I've been a little pre-occupied with looking for a sailboat. I'm thinking about starting my own club: The Ayers Yachting, Expeditionary and Recreation Society. Get it? It spells, er, Ayers! Oh, well, never mind, my wife would kill me....

Hey for an idea, here's one I kick around every so often. This would conflict with a potluck maybe, but maybe not. We could do an Iron Chef competition. We have one ingredient, that no one knows ahead of time, and the contestants have to make a meal, or a dish with that ingredient. Wouldn't have to be everyone there, just have a sign up for interested parties and then the others judge and the winner gets a new dutch over or something. The secret ingredient could be something like mangoes, or sausage, or kale or waffles or whatever. And then you'd have to make either one dish, like a side, or do a whole meal, one main, two sides and either salad, bread or dessert.
I love the idea. It may take up some of the potluck time but let's see what the rest would think of it!
We also expect a full report with photos after this weekend, Mr. Vice President....
Old 05-22-2006, 08:35 PM   #39
Rivet Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by mizlann
Hi John, Maybe HDS and I will come out and meet you next weekend. We can't camp but just to say hi. My sister gave Harold a surprise birthday party this weekend. The theme was pink flamingos. It was so funny. There was pink everywhere!!! They gave him 6 pink flamingos, pink flamingo cups, straws, and even a pink flaming beanie hat,(no propeller). LeeAnn
As long as it was pink and it was a beanie! That is all that counts!
Old 05-22-2006, 08:36 PM   #40
Rivet Master

Quote:
Stop by, in the evening, if you wish! I don't know what campsite we have, they'll put us there when we get there, but we won't be hard to find, look for the 22' Vintage AS.
LOL...
Should not be too hard to spot a vintage AS of any age then!