Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > The Rally Zone > Forum Rallies & Meet Ups
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 07-13-2006, 12:03 PM   #141
Rivet Master

1966 22' Safari
1979 30' Argosy
Armada , Michigan
Quote:
Originally Posted by pattersontoo
I was a croquet master when I was younger! We played when we camped.
Also, the old Jarts ROCK! Make sure no one is in your pitching area though!
Bring it all along!
Yeah, I found the set in the loft of our barn under a dead hippie.

Visit my Camping Blog!
AYRSTRM2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2006, 12:03 PM   #142
Rivet Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Happycampers
A progressive euchre game would be good and could raise some money too.
Euchre is tons of fun!
I have two screen tents and we could use one for a game or two in the evening! It is a good way to break the ice too.
Who is up for a progressive Euchre game? I know I am!
Anon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2006, 02:47 PM   #143
Rivet Master

1966 22' Safari
1979 30' Argosy
Armada , Michigan
Main Update

Well, I just got a phone call and though 2airishuman was accidentally signed up and we removed him from the list, we now have another LY Motorhome just now signing up. We're back up to 20 units, that I know of. And I'm still waiting to hear from Jeff Terry, and Lou, what about your friends?

Anyway, here's an unordered list of events proposed so far:
Friday Night Mixer/Icebreaker (beverages and finger foods, perhaps a campfire?)
Open house for tours of campers and Mohos.
Saturday Potluck
Euchre tournament
Dutch oven cook-out (not Cook off, no Iron Chef battle here! Need more participants!)

We need other suggestions. Some that I am just throwing out:
Horseshoes/Jarts/other tournament
Area excursion to Wine tasting room/Mystery Spot/Antiques etc....
Kayak/canoe trip/State park daytrip
Other games

And we need :
More Dutch Oven Cooks!

Visit my Camping Blog!
Old 07-13-2006, 06:23 PM   #144
Rivet Master

1997 30' Limited
1972 23' Safari
1965 17' Caravel
Howell , Michigan
Send a message via AIM to Airboss Send a message via MSN to Airboss Send a message via Yahoo to Airboss
I took a dry run past the campground this am before they were open ,,could not get past office.. Looks nice.. 2 deer ran in front of me as I was getting on the rd from the campground drive...
Airboss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2006, 06:32 PM   #145
Rivet Master

1997 30' Limited
1972 23' Safari
1965 17' Caravel
Howell , Michigan
Send a message via AIM to Airboss Send a message via MSN to Airboss Send a message via Yahoo to Airboss
John,,How many you have now for the rally???
Old 07-13-2006, 07:36 PM   #146
Rivet Master

1966 22' Safari
1979 30' Argosy
Armada , Michigan
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4201KW8G
John,,How many you have now for the rally???
Looks like 20 units so far.

Visit my Camping Blog!
Old 07-13-2006, 07:51 PM   #147
Rivet Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by AYRSTRM2
And I'm still waiting to hear from Jeff Terry, and Lou, what about your friends?
Sorry to say but my brother is booked solid for additional work that weekend.
As for Jeff, I have not been able to get him to call me back in several months. He does have a more demanding job with his company now and it demands a lot of his time.
He was my resource for T-shirts too so it looks like T-shirts will not be available this time either. Sorry guys.
It does look like we will have a lot of fun though.
On a side note, I am planning on a weekend up at Covenant Hills, (the site of last year's rally), sometime around the end of August or the beginning of September. It will be a family thing so it would not be a rally per se. If anyone would like to entertain the idea of going let me know.
Old 07-13-2006, 08:15 PM   #148
Rivet Master

1966 22' Safari
1979 30' Argosy
Armada , Michigan
I know how much steaks cost and, no, not venison, but have you ever cooked baby back ribs?

John

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4201KW8G
I took a dry run past the campground this am before they were open ,,could not get past office.. Looks nice.. 2 deer ran in front of me as I was getting on the rd from the campground drive...

Visit my Camping Blog!
Old 07-13-2006, 08:17 PM   #149
Rivet Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by AYRSTRM2
I know how much steaks cost and, no, not venison, but have you ever cooked baby back ribs?

John
Venison! YUMMY!
I just finished off the last of mine from November.
Old 07-13-2006, 08:32 PM   #150
3 Rivet Member

1975 27' Overlander
fort wayne , Indiana
i have 3 ovens and the original jarts as well. i like euchre but prefer cribbage. i plan to bring my mountain bike and hit the trails for some activity. i would do some canoeing or kayaking for a day if rentals are available.

pattersontoo, i just came off a gm shutdown and will be going to toyota next.

crowbar
crowbar68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2006, 08:36 PM   #151
Rivet Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by crowbar68
i have 3 ovens and the original jarts as well. i like euchre but prefer cribbage. i plan to bring my mountain bike and hit the trails for some activity. i would do some canoeing or kayaking for a day if rentals are available.

pattersontoo, i just came off a gm shutdown and will be going to toyota next.

crowbar
Cribbage is my favorite too! Maybe we can play a game or two!
Which GM plant were you at? I work at the GM Power Train Warren plant full-time.
Old 07-13-2006, 09:05 PM   #152
3 Rivet Member

1975 27' Overlander
fort wayne , Indiana
gm

Quote:
Originally Posted by pattersontoo
Cribbage is my favorite too! Maybe we can play a game or two!
Which GM plant were you at? I work at the GM Power Train Warren plant full-time.

the fort wayne assembly, gearing up for the new 900 series.
Old 07-13-2006, 09:07 PM   #153
Rivet Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by crowbar68
the fort wayne assembly, gearing up for the new 900 series.
Ah!
I ran off some tire mount equipment for the GMT-900 project back late last year.
You may have seen it in there. It is a huge cell that has four PLC's on it. There are two mount and inflate stations in it. It is really neat to watch it mount the 22 inch tire/wheel combo!
Old 07-13-2006, 09:20 PM   #154
3 Rivet Member

1975 27' Overlander
fort wayne , Indiana
tires

those tire machines are quite a modern work of engineering. you definetly won't see those in a tire shop. it would be the shop! very cool to see operate. it never ceases to amaze me at the level of automation in these plants. state of the art.
Old 07-13-2006, 09:49 PM   #155
Rivet Master

2005 22' International CCD
Buckhorn , Ontario
Lets see - have to catch up a bit I see. Sunny day today so the computer comes last....

Canadian Ice and those "Whole Cows" you served us sounds a great "repeat" - never saw steaks so big - Peter and I could live on one for a week .

I will have to back up and read more on the "dutch oven cook off" yikes I'm with the :"Carry out Gang" but over here we just "take it....out".

echures in, JARTS have no clue, Davy Crocket we have a set too and we have one of those little portable screen tents that you can just walk around the camp site in will fit a small table and four chairs so it is good for another set up.

Canoe and Yaking sounds great if there are any dog sitters in the house. We will be bringing our furkiddies. Sorry not the small kind the big kind - real friendly except when around Lous dogs - they cowered and got beat up must be the steak left overs Lou feed them...

Well Lou we thought we could not turn down this Rally 2 years running and we are getting a bit of cabin fever around here.

I have a great little snack that you can make and eat with beer - "pony pee" or Canadian Beer Called "Crabbies" you can not catch the crabs from eating them - but you could if you drank too much beer and wondered aimlessly out of the park

I'm with you Lou on the hard stuff - you take care of the lower and I would take care of the upper - so we ain't going there either.......

See you all there... - oh yes where are we going hmm small detail - must hook up with A&M will follow them
05ModPod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2006, 12:42 AM   #156
Rivet Master

Holy cow, (no pun intended), where to start?
Quote:
Originally Posted by GT6921
Lets see - have to catch up a bit I see. Sunny day today so the computer comes last....
Computer has to come first here. That is how I can afford those "Whole Cows" after all.

Quote:
Canadian Ice and those "Whole Cows" you served us sounds a great "repeat" - never saw steaks so big - Peter and I could live on one for a week .
That's the way I like 'em! Nothing like chewing on something that had a hoof on it at one point or another.

Quote:
I will have to back up and read more on the "dutch oven cook off" yikes I'm with the :"Carry out Gang" but over here we just "take it....out".
The Dutch obviously mastered a way to use fire in a box and then claimed as their own. The end result does involve food so I am in it for the "end result".

Quote:
echures in, JARTS have no clue, Davy Crocket we have a set too and we have one of those little portable screen tents that you can just walk around the camp site in will fit a small table and four chairs so it is good for another set up.
Euchre is AWESOME. Jarts are dangerous if you mix it with too many wobbly pops.
Ah, another awesome Canadian play on words: "Davy Crocket" in American is croquet. As they would spell it in Motreal "crouquette".
Bring your screen tent. I have two but Lord knows we can use more.

Quote:
Canoe and Yaking sounds great if there are any dog sitters in the house. We will be bringing our furkiddies. Sorry not the small kind the big kind - real friendly except when around Lous dogs - they cowered and got beat up must be the steak left overs Lou feed them...
Canoe and kayaking only if there is an outboard motor attached somewhere.
As for your furkiddies, I may not be bringing mine as the hairless type of kiddies take up too much room.
Peter and Sharon's dogs are awesome. Mine suffer from some form of mental disorder when they get around bigger dogs. They think they are big dogs too. Sharon forgot to mention that Cujo (aka Molly) is a Standard Schnauzer that really does not like certain colors of other dogs. She loved one of their dogs but could not stand the other one. Spike (aka Scrappy) is a 10 pound Miniature Schnauzer that thinks he is a Pit Bull. Very harmless but thinks he is not. The leftover thing is true. They eat better than I do when I am out of town, (they get my steak).

Quote:
Well Lou we thought we could not turn down this Rally 2 years running and we are getting a bit of cabin fever around here.
If ya woulda missed this one I would have hunted ya down and forced you to drink pony pee while watching curling reruns from the Olympics.

Quote:
I have a great little snack that you can make and eat with beer - "pony pee" or Canadian Beer Called "Crabbies" you can not catch the crabs from eating them - but you could if you drank too much beer and wandered aimlessly out of the park
Does it have crab meat in it? If so, I am sooo there. One thing I have learned is that you must be careful when trying to judge something with a Canadian name to it. Never ever judge it by the name itself. You could be very wrong.

Quote:
I'm with you Lou on the hard stuff - you take care of the lower and I would take care of the upper - so we ain't going there either.......
Like I said... If I partake in too much of the hard stuff then that is IT for me. I am sure that I would tick off more than one or two people. Although I do some really neat tricks when I have had too much of it.

Quote:
See you all there... - oh yes where are we going hmm small detail - must hook up with A&M will follow them
Yes, following Annie and Marvin might be a good thing for you. If you are driving the vehicle in the picture below you may consider having Marvin behind you to push you when you approach any hill or large speed bump.
In all seriousness, Sharon. I am excited about the fact that you guys are coming. Being very close to the Windsor crossing and having an earlier career that took me over to Windsor and Toronto a lot, I have developed quite an affinity for my Canadian friends, food and beer! I am glad to see that you and Peter, Annie and Marvin as well as Al and Jean are going to be able to make it.
Old 07-14-2006, 11:26 AM   #157
Rivet Master

1966 22' Safari
1979 30' Argosy
Armada , Michigan
Hey, everyone, we're taking a target of opportunity this weekend and going camping up at Port Hope in the Thumb, got a lakeside site. We'll be back Sunday, but please, anyone chime in with suggestions, and we need to start filling out the potluck menu.

Right now it looks like we have 3-4 meat dishes and I may make chili, too. A couple of sides have been thrown out and a couple of desserts. We could stand to have one more major main dish, several vegetable and potato dishes, a salad or two and one more dessert, plus I think ice cream would be nice.

Also, we need some volunteers for the ice breaker host/greeters. Duties would be to host at your campsite a mixer where beverages will be served and some light finger foods like chicken wings, cheese and party mix. You'll pass out the program/attendee guide and answer any questions. You'll be responsible for the snacks that night, but we'll all pitch in for beverages (say a Canadian case of beer, wine, ice).

Also need an activities coordinator to schedule games.
Need: Firemaster. to get firewood, build fires and arrange the cook's corner where we'll put BBQs and dutch ovens.
Need: a rally historian to take everyone's picture then put it up on the web.

Keep the suggestions coming!

Visit my Camping Blog!
Old 07-14-2006, 12:46 PM   #158
Rivet Master

1978 Argosy Minuet 6.7 Metre
1989 29' Excella
Lorain County , Ohio
Send a message via AIM to loudruff Send a message via MSN to loudruff Send a message via Yahoo to loudruff
Getting organized

I think the mixer should be sitting back around the campfire chillin' and not too organized. Everyone bring a marshmallow fork and pop (or whatever) and kick back. This is campin'!!
Air #2695
TAC- OH 2
#1420 NOVA 4-006 Charter member

loudruff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2006, 12:57 PM   #159
Rivet Master

1966 22' Safari
1979 30' Argosy
Armada , Michigan
I agree about the formality of it all. I wasn't thinking anything too big, but this way that the people that arrive on Friday can just come up and get their info, and a beverage and a snack and relax from the drive, I know I always want a drink after a long drive. We could do it at the group campfire area, or someone's site.

Quote:
Originally Posted by loudruff
I think the mixer should be sitting back around the campfire chillin' and not too organized. Everyone bring a marshmallow fork and pop (or whatever) and kick back. This is campin'!!

Visit my Camping Blog!
Old 07-14-2006, 02:33 PM   #160
Rivet Master

1997 30' Limited
1972 23' Safari
1965 17' Caravel
Howell , Michigan
Hell I ment steaks for me..LOL.. Im still thinking of what to bring to the potluck,, Maybe pies??? Blueberry???