Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > The Rally Zone > Forum Rallies & Meet Ups
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Closed Thread

Old 05-11-2004, 08:02 PM   #381
Rivet Master

1995 30' Limited
Ashland , Missouri
Panub, I laughed! You asked me? A major newbie to the group? I really don't have any answers because in all these entertaining pages of posts, I don't think anything has been really agreed upon. (Okay. Everyone out there, come on. Correct me!) So far, if I understand it right, breakfasts are on our own at whatever time we choose. At some time (?) a trailer tour seems to be a given. We seem to be having one evening group feast, progressive of some sort . Check out Zamboni's post #368--lots of great suggestions, but who's doing what? That may or may not be the same evening as the BIG MOVIE SHOW. Jack said it's informal, so I trust him on that! Anything else, maybe we'll learn when we get there So, whoever has all the REAL answers, please step forward and . . .
Chev Silverado 2500HD Duramax/Allison, 4X4, Crew Cab
WBCCI #5013 AIR #2908
WDCU
Go, Mizzou...Tigers on the prowl!
Old 05-11-2004, 08:23 PM   #382
Rivet Master

1968 22' Safari
1976 27' Overlander
Newport , Washington
Ron's unwanted opinion.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxandgeorgia
Jack said it's informal, so I trust him on that! Anything else, maybe we'll learn when we get there So, whoever has all the REAL answers, please step forward and . . .

I don't think that informal involves a structured dinner.... Why not fend for ourselves, so as not to confuse this for a WBCCI event.....just a thought...
Old 05-11-2004, 09:31 PM   #383
4 Rivet Member

1977 Argosy Minuet 6.0 Metre
schaumburg , confusion
Send a message via AIM to Tikihut
The dinner is for all of us to get to know our new friend and get reacquainted with old friends form last year. I personally had a great time last year and enjoyed meeting new friends.
As for Panub last year we all opened our Airstream / Argosy for every one to look at and enjoy. On Saturday night we will all meet for a very casual dinner and get to know everyone. On Friday Jack will host a movie Animal House which seems to be our theme from last year when someone said toga party along with Chocolate milk which is code for you know (beer wine what ever your poison) I hope this will help but I do suggest to read all the post you will have a good laugh or we will scare you off.

I shall see all of you in less then 31 days or less depending on which day I show up on.

Chris
WBCCI #2732
Old 05-11-2004, 10:53 PM   #384

2004 30' Classic Slideout
Fenton , Missouri
Send a message via AIM to jcanavera Send a message via Skype™ to jcanavera
Summary from page 5 to 20? Ah you must read that detail. Lots of stuff in there that you won't see below.

Are you asking informal Jack to become formal???...sigh, ok here is what I think. Remember this is work in progress and my goal is a weekend out with minimal organization, maximum fun.

We are hoping to have a movie or two on Friday night. I'll work out the logistics of where and time on Friday. I'll come by and spread the word. Breakfast together is something those of you attending will need to work out. Twink has metioned that Brandi had talked about that. If you guys want to work out something there, go for it...I'm sleeping in....and if the smells from your next door neighbor's site motivates you, and you want eating company, go over and have breakfast together...assuming there is room at the table.

Saturday night we were planning a pot luck. You bring your own entree to serve you only, plus (only 1 of the following suggestions) a side dish, or salad, or desert, or specialty of the house to share with 6 others. Tables will be set up for food only, not for seating (we don't have enough to accomodate everyone). Bring chairs, blankets other things to sit on. Meal is on your lap or whatever....and if you want to eat at your site alone...ok with me, no feelings hurt.

I will need help Saturday afternoon to borrow some of your picnic tables to place at the central food location. Once dinner is over, we will return the tables to the sites. If we get enough help, we won't spend more than ten minutes doing this.

I think a progressive dinner will be more of an undertaking since we would have to figure out the logistics of moving 75 men, women, and kids around. Way to much organization here for me, unless you all stand up and say we need to do this. Anyone who wants to volunteer the effort can make the attempt.

We did it this way last year and I don't believe we had too much of any one kind of food. Only problem, I wanted dinner to begin at six, some thought it meant cooking began at six. Hey! it worked anyway since we didn't have enough tables for everyone to sit down on at one time.

Maybe trailer tours Saturday afternoon. Campfire Saturday night. More tours Sunday before you depart.

Lots of time to visit sit in the shade of the trees or awnings. Work on your unit, get others to work on your unit, get good advice, get bad advice. See who has the biggest dog. Figure out why the smallest trailers contain the most dogs and kids. Visit the lake, walk the campground.

Stay cool, I'll get things organized once I get there. I'll be around to take pictures and let you know times for dinner Saturday.

We may have some give aways, and maybe a special prize for the unit traveling the longest distance.

Hope this helps.

Jack
AIR #56 S/OS#15
'04 Classic 30' S.O.,'03 GMC Savana 2500
Old 05-12-2004, 07:05 AM   #385
Rivet Master

1993 30' Excella
whitewater , north of cheddar curtain
"Mongo like candy"......

The only true nobility is found through giving good food to your friends- Anton Careme

beauty is in the eye of the beerholder-cosmo fishhawk

if something is too good to be true, its usually gone before i get there-mister boffo
Old 05-13-2004, 11:34 AM   #386
2 Rivet Member

Thanks Jack...and A Note To All:

No rules or organization necessary. Was just inquiring so I didn't miss something.

HERE'S MY UPDATES FOR THE RALLY:
1. We are bringing our Bambi, with our dog, and my mother. Maybe we'll win some prize for the most people stuffed in an a/s!!??
2. I'm expecting(yes, it's our first). SO, EVERYONE COOK FOOD, I'LL BE SURE TO STOP BY YOUR PLACE
3. It's my mother's birthday weekend. One of the 'big ones' so I rally everyone to sing the hot red head happy birthday. I was not about to leave her at home so I'm bringing her to all of us!. Ron (tincanluv) knows he has to put up a really stupid birthday sign for her if he arrives on Thursday.

That's all for now. Thanks for listening
Old 05-13-2004, 03:44 PM   #387
Rivet Master

1968 22' Safari
1976 27' Overlander
Newport , Washington
Ron's Banner for Panub's Mom

Happy Really Stupid Birthday!!! You Hot Red Head!!!!!

Panub, something along those lines?????

Ron
Old 05-14-2004, 06:21 AM   #388
2 Rivet Member

Ron,

That's funny!!!
Old 05-14-2004, 09:15 AM   #389
Rivet Master

2004 30' Classic
San Jose , California
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcanavera
Moraine View State Park Attendees

Airstream01 A03
Panub A04
Pluffmudd A05
zamboni A06
Norbert A07
Hohne A08
Crazylev A09
maxandgeorgia A10
George & Marilyn P37
Silvertwinky P38
Till P39
Sharon Skiff P40
Cosmotini P41
Cottage P42
Argosy-1 P43
tin can luv P44
Overlander64 P45
85MH325 P46
jcanavera P47
Silvertwinkie P48
Tracy Lawrence P49
Summerkid P50
Wyhjr P51

Last Year's Attendance 14

This Year's Projected to Date 23 or 24.

Wow, Jack, look at that list! Very impressive. You guys set the standard for Forum Rallies.

NorCal Fall Rally, Jackson Rancheria, October 7-9 2011 Click here for more info

Come rally with us.
Old 05-14-2004, 01:59 PM   #390
Aluminut

2004 25' Safari
. , Illinois
I'll be bringing this with to the rally just in case anyone wants to see their actual hitch weight. I finally broke down and bought the 2000lb unit.

http://www.sherline.com/lm.htm
Old 05-14-2004, 02:11 PM   #391
3 Rivet Member

...Hey tincan, the 11th is my wife's Birthday, and she is a redhead, so I would appreciate it very very very much if you identify who you are saying happy birthday to in funny ways...and avoid her having any part of any signs...do not leave it ambiguous...

...because she is, after all, a redhead, and she would hunt you down after she is done with me...and there would not be much left of me to protect you...
Old 05-14-2004, 03:52 PM   #392
Rivet Master

1968 22' Safari
1976 27' Overlander
Newport , Washington
Party Pooper

Quote:
Originally Posted by hohne
...Hey tincan, the 11th is my wife's Birthday, and she is a redhead, so I would appreciate it very very very much if you identify who you are saying happy birthday to in funny ways...and avoid her having any part of any signs...do not leave it ambiguous...

...because she is, after all, a redhead, and she would hunt you down after she is done with me...and there would not be much left of me to protect you...
I'll just put in quotations, No Not you hohne.....!!!

LOL
Old 05-15-2004, 05:15 PM   #393
Rivet Master

Lisle , Illinois
Man you take a day or two off this thread and you have an hour of reading!!!
Pulled out the Starstream to check it out. After all it has been in storage for the last six years Every thing seems OK, but I will have to get new rubber for it before the trip . I want my Airstram done now!!!!! I will have to find some new revinue streams. Working on a sign at work to identify us as having a "Parts challenged" Airstream and just faking it for now....
AIR#3788 TAC IL-10
No trailers...
Old 05-15-2004, 06:32 PM   #394
Rivet Master

1993 30' Excella
whitewater , north of cheddar curtain
have you thought about a paper route?
norby

The only true nobility is found through giving good food to your friends- Anton Careme

beauty is in the eye of the beerholder-cosmo fishhawk

if something is too good to be true, its usually gone before i get there-mister boffo
Old 05-15-2004, 06:46 PM   #395
Rivet Master

1968 22' Safari
1976 27' Overlander
Newport , Washington
Six years

Quote:
Originally Posted by till
Man you take a day or two off this thread and you have an hour of reading!!!
Pulled out the Starstream to check it out. After all it has been in storage for the last six years Every thing seems OK, but I will have to get new rubber for it before the trip . I want my Airstram done now!!!!! I will have to find some new revinue streams. Working on a sign at work to identify us as having a "Parts challenged" Airstream and just faking it for now....
SIX YEARS???? I think you will have to provide a valid reason for having your Airstream in storage for that long....
Old 05-17-2004, 12:02 PM   #396
Rivet Master

1972 25' Tradewind
Currently Looking...
McHenry County , Illinois
Well, sent off the reservation this weekend. This will be the first organized event the old girl will have been to since she was used as a mobile office at the EAA shows. It's been raining so much I haven't gotten to do any outside work I wanted, but the inside is shaping up. Please don't judge us too harsly. See you in June. Tom and Sue.
Old 05-17-2004, 01:50 PM   #397
Just an old timer...

2004 22' Interstate
Tipton , Iowa
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Nugler
Well, sent off the reservation this weekend. This will be the first organized event the old girl will have been to since she was used as a mobile office at the EAA shows. It's been raining so much I haven't gotten to do any outside work I wanted, but the inside is shaping up. Please don't judge us too harsly. See you in June. Tom and Sue.
Welcome, Tom and Sue! We'll look forward to meeting you! And, I must say, (if you've read the entire thread to date...) it should be WE who beg YOU not to judge us too harshly!

Roger
Old 05-17-2004, 02:52 PM   #398
Rivet Master

1968 22' Safari
1976 27' Overlander
Newport , Washington
Tom And Sue

Quote:
Originally Posted by 85MH325
Welcome, Tom and Sue! We'll look forward to meeting you! And, I must say, (if you've read the entire thread to date...) it should be WE who beg YOU not to judge us too harshly!

Roger
Roger's got it right!!! And don't forget your TOGA's and Chocolate Milk.

Hey all, I met the Sexy Red Head who's turning the big ?0 that weekend (Panub's Mom). She's a hoot, and I think she will fit right on in with the rest of us!!!!
Old 05-17-2004, 03:40 PM   #399

2004 30' Classic Slideout
Fenton , Missouri
Send a message via AIM to jcanavera Send a message via Skype™ to jcanavera
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Nugler
Well, sent off the reservation this weekend. See you in June. Tom and Sue.
Tom, let me know your site number. I'll add you to the list. Your unit is either #24 or #25 to attend.

Regards,

Jack
AIR #56 S/OS#15
'04 Classic 30' S.O.,'03 GMC Savana 2500
Old 05-18-2004, 12:24 PM   #400
2 Rivet Member

Update #2

I have officially read all 20 pages of this thread, finally...

...enough said...