Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > The Rally Zone > Forum Rallies & Meet Ups
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Closed Thread

Old 05-28-2004, 06:31 PM   #481
Just an old timer...

2004 22' Interstate
Tipton , Iowa
Quote:
Originally Posted by till
Two things,
Are there going to be any other kids there besides mine? (Cody 9, Emily 7 and Sean 17 mo)
Is it safe to be a non-drinker with kids at this gathering?? I'm a little worried at this point. I'm praying for clear cool weather so I'm not traped in the pop-up with the kids like last weekend.

Well off to the Cougars game.......
Ted... after reading Tracy's posts, I'm not sure it's safe to be at this gathering period!

Seriously, while there may be a drink or two consumed, I think it's safe to say that most of what's been said here has been said in jest, and that this is truly a family gathering. I fear that once everyone meets, we'll all be deeply disappointed that those others that we thought were really wild are just plain folks. After all, everyone seems normal until you get to know them, right?

I'll be bringing my 14 year old and probably one of his buddies, and our pug, Cody. I know that Tracy and Ron (that's Tracy's Ron, not TLC) will be bringing their kids, and it's a pretty safe bet that others will be coming as well.

Come and enjoy!

Roger
Old 05-28-2004, 08:58 PM   #482
Rivet Master

1995 30' Limited
Ashland , Missouri
I didn't think about kids of the age of yours attending. Since you have a 14 year old boy, we may consider bringing our two grandsons, 14 and 12, who love to camp and still enjoy going with Grandpa and Grandma. Would it be permissable to set up a tent on the campsite for them? What do you bring along for your son-other than all the electronics, of course! We could put bikes in the back of the truck. Do you think they would make friends and fun together in a situation like this? I ask because we have never attended anything like this rally! Are there others of this young teen age range?
Chev Silverado 2500HD Duramax/Allison, 4X4, Crew Cab
WBCCI #5013 AIR #2908
WDCU
Go, Mizzou...Tigers on the prowl!
Old 05-28-2004, 09:35 PM   #483
Just an old timer...

2004 22' Interstate
Tipton , Iowa
Quote:
Originally Posted by maxandgeorgia
I didn't think about kids of the age of yours attending. Since you have a 14 year old boy, we may consider bringing our two grandsons, 14 and 12, who love to camp and still enjoy going with Grandpa and Grandma. Would it be permissable to set up a tent on the campsite for them? What do you bring along for your son-other than all the electronics, of course! We could put bikes in the back of the truck. Do you think they would make friends and fun together in a situation like this? I ask because we have never attended anything like this rally! Are there others of this young teen age range?
We pitch a tent for them in the campsite. They're pretty self-contained and self-amused... kind of self-contained in their own 14 year old world. We just mostly provide the food . If there weren't electricity, I don't think they'd have a world!

I'm sure they'd welcome company their own age.

Roger
Old 05-29-2004, 08:02 AM   #484
Rivet Master

1967 28' Ambassador
Rockford , Illinois
Send a message via ICQ to flamingo-kid1 Send a message via AIM to flamingo-kid1
Cool Teenagers!!! EEEKKKKKKKK!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 85MH325
We pitch a tent for them in the campsite. They're pretty self-contained and self-amused... kind of self-contained in their own 14 year old world. We just mostly provide the food . If there weren't electricity, I don't think they'd have a world!
Roger

I'll put my two cents in.... personally, we go camping to HIDE from our children, who are grown.

The talk on here about drinking is mostly just that, talk, but what anyone does is their own business. So don't be checking my coolie, or choc milk box, or whatever we call it on here.

I've met Tedd's kids, they're quite well behaved. The 17 month old isn't on the move yet. :-)

But don't be beeping any video games or careening around on bikes after ten o'clock; we "old people" need our ZZZZZZs

Do they make teen sized voodoo dolls????

Seriously, I am sure there is enough room in the world for everybody, as long as everybody uses some respect for everybody. Make sense??

Signed,

been there, done that, raised teenagers
Old 05-29-2004, 12:04 PM   #485
Just an old timer...

2004 22' Interstate
Tipton , Iowa
Quote:
Originally Posted by flamingo-kid1

I'll put my two cents in.... personally, we go camping to HIDE from our children, who are grown.

The talk on here about drinking is mostly just that, talk, but what anyone does is their own business. So don't be checking my coolie, or choc milk box, or whatever we call it on here.

I've met Tedd's kids, they're quite well behaved. The 17 month old isn't on the move yet. :-)

But don't be beeping any video games or careening around on bikes after ten o'clock; we "old people" need our ZZZZZZs

Do they make teen sized voodoo dolls????

Seriously, I am sure there is enough room in the world for everybody, as long as everybody uses some respect for everybody. Make sense??

Signed,

been there, done that, raised teenagers
You don't have to worry about my kids... I've got one twenty-two, one twenty, both gone, and just the fourteen year old left at home. We don't tolerate much nonsense either. That's probably why our poor kid is so quiet. He's seen what happened to the older ones! You're probably NOT much older than we are.

Quite frankly, it's Eric, Jack, & Tracy that I fear will be completely out of control!

Roger
Old 05-29-2004, 12:57 PM   #486
3 Rivet Member

1979 Argosy Minuet 7.3 Metre
Wilmington , Illinois
Quote:
Quite frankly, it's Eric, Jack, & Tracy that I fear will be completely out of control!

Roger
I think what appealed to me most about Airstreams is their striking resemblance to a keg.

Me and hubby keep a keg iced down and on tap at all times so when we're sittin' on our sofa on the front porch watchin' cops on the portable at 11 am, we got enough beer to offer our neighbors a swaller. That is when we're not feudin'. And June is a great time of year....the old man can walk around topless and show off all of his tattoos.......if we're all lucky I can get him to shave his back for the Rally so you can see 'em all.

Anyone up for a keg stand?
Old 05-29-2004, 01:00 PM   #487
Rivet Master

1967 28' Ambassador
Rockford , Illinois
Eric, Jack and Tracy???

Quote:

Roger
After reading all of these quiet, calm, almost SEDATE posts from those three,, I find your comment hard to believe!!!

Actually, I hope we have WONDERFUL weather and a WONDERFUL time!
Old 05-29-2004, 01:30 PM   #488
Rivet Master

1967 28' Ambassador
Rockford , Illinois
Spigot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tracy Lawrence
I think what appealed to me most about Airstreams is their striking resemblance to a keg.

Your Airstream doesn't have a spigot.
Unless ity has an extra option ours doesn't.
Old 05-29-2004, 01:37 PM   #489
Rivet Master

1968 22' Safari
1976 27' Overlander
Newport , Washington
kegstand?

Quote:
If I do a kegstand, my toga will end up around my ears....guess I'd better be prepared with fresh clean undergarments....
Old 05-29-2004, 02:23 PM   #490
Just an old timer...

2004 22' Interstate
Tipton , Iowa
Quote:
....the old man can walk around topless and show off all of his tattoos.......if we're all lucky I can get him to shave his back for the Rally so you can see 'em all.
Dang it all, Tracy... yer so darn modest... it ain't always 'bout Ron... why don't ya tell 'em all 'bout how great you look in them Daisy Dukes shorts and tops you always wear too!!!

Roger
Old 05-29-2004, 09:34 PM   #491

2004 30' Classic Slideout
Fenton , Missouri
Send a message via AIM to jcanavera Send a message via Skype™ to jcanavera
FYI per Illinois law, the campground is dry. For those of you who wish to partake, please be conservative in how you carry your drinks. Use a can coolie and probably keep the long necks at home or in the trailer. We didn't have any issues with the campground hosts or rangers last year so every body just excercise the same restraint.

Regards,

Jack
AIR #56 S/OS#15
'04 Classic 30' S.O.,'03 GMC Savana 2500
Old 05-30-2004, 06:14 AM   #492
Just an old timer...

2004 22' Interstate
Tipton , Iowa
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcanavera
FYI per Illinois law, the campground is dry. For those of you who wish to partake, please be conservative in how you carry your drinks. Use a can coolie and probably keep the long necks at home or in the trailer. We didn't have any issues with the campground hosts or rangers last year so every body just excercise the same restraint.

Regards,

Jack

Uh... so wandering around with a thirty-two ouncer wrapped in a twisted paper bag probably isn't a good idea? darn... and I'd just stocked up!

Not to worry Jack. I've got the "Jack Canavera" nametags for everyone ready to go, and we've all got our cover stories down pat...

We've had a lot of fun with the 'chocolate milk' subterfuge, but on a serious note, possessing alcohol in a state park in Illinois isn't just a park rule, it's an arrestable offense. I'd caution against even using the coolies as camoflage. Unless you're causing a problem, you probably wouldn't even be noticed but let me tell you that a misdemeanor citation or a quick trip to the slammer for booking would sure put a damper on an otherwise great weekend!

Looking forward to seeing all of you at Moraine View!

Roger
Old 05-30-2004, 08:05 AM   #493
Rivet Master

1993 30' Excella
whitewater , north of cheddar curtain
dont they have 40 ouncers in iowa?
norby

The only true nobility is found through giving good food to your friends- Anton Careme

beauty is in the eye of the beerholder-cosmo fishhawk

if something is too good to be true, its usually gone before i get there-mister boffo
Old 05-30-2004, 08:12 AM   #494
3 Rivet Member

1979 Argosy Minuet 7.3 Metre
Wilmington , Illinois
Quote:
Dang it all, Tracy... yer so darn modest... it ain't always 'bout Ron... why don't ya tell 'em all 'bout how great you look in them Daisy Dukes shorts and tops you always wear too!!!

Roger
Now Roger, don't be makin' them other wives nervous about their old men lookin' at me. Remember, I just had a baby (FIVE months ago...) and aint quite back in my Daisy Dukes......but I'm lookin' good and back in my stretch pants! He Haw! Look out ladies! Hide 'yer men!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcanavera

Regards,

Jack
Any suggestions on how to disguise my novelty two beer can holding baseball cap with a straw? Hmmm......I'm thinking Fruit basket. No one would ever question the lady walking around in stretch pants with a giant fruit basket balanced on her head.........
Quote:
We've had a lot of fun with the 'chocolate milk' subterfuge, but on a serious note, possessing alcohol in a state park in Illinois isn't just a park rule, it's an arrestable offense. I'd caution against even using the coolies as camoflage. Unless you're causing a problem, you probably wouldn't even be noticed but let me tell you that a misdemeanor citation or a quick trip to the slammer for booking would sure put a damper on an otherwise great weekend!
Roger
otherwise great weekend? Hot Diggity! That would be the icing ON a great weekend!
It'd be like watching COPS..........Live!
Old 05-30-2004, 08:54 AM   #495
Rivet Master

1968 22' Safari
1976 27' Overlander
Newport , Washington
Tracy...oh Tracy

Quote:
Tracy Lawrence

Any suggestions on how to disguise my novelty two beer can holding baseball cap with a straw? Hmmm......I'm thinking Fruit basket. No one would ever question the lady walking around in stretch pants with a giant fruit basket balanced on her head.........
Try disguising your cap as a two headed flamingo. I think that the fruit basket may stand out a little. But the flamingos...hu-uh...Just wear Pink stretch pants, and everyone will think you're in coustume, while sectetly devouring your favorite libation.

Ron
Old 05-30-2004, 09:11 AM   #496
4 Rivet Member

1975 25' Tradewind
, Michigan
Send a message via AIM to eikel1we
Hi All!
I've been a Forum slacker these past few months - shame on me. As some of you may remember, it's about 409 mi. to Moraine View for us. We planned on seeing some of you at Mackinaw City in July instead. Well, plans have changed. We have our reservations for both and look forward to seeing last years participants as well as meeting the new comers!! It looks like we will have a very nice turn out.
I see this thread is LENGHTY and have not read much of it as yet. (I do see some things have not changed though - go Tracy!!) What is the current count for attendance at each rally so far?

See you in a couple of weeks!!

Sue

P.S. permit # MRV-495
2004 GMC Yukon XL 2500
Michigan - "middle of the mitt"
Old 05-30-2004, 09:37 AM   #497
4 Rivet Member

1975 25' Tradewind
, Michigan
Send a message via AIM to eikel1we
P.S. OOPS .....duh, overlooked the lot number. It's P35
2004 GMC Yukon XL 2500
Michigan - "middle of the mitt"
Old 05-30-2004, 09:37 AM   #498
Rivet Master

1993 30' Excella
whitewater , north of cheddar curtain
suggested activities

1. how about a carmen miranda contest?

2. june 11-14 are free fishing days....dont forget your pole.......
norby

The only true nobility is found through giving good food to your friends- Anton Careme

beauty is in the eye of the beerholder-cosmo fishhawk

if something is too good to be true, its usually gone before i get there-mister boffo
Old 05-30-2004, 10:40 AM   #499
Rivet Master

1968 22' Safari
1976 27' Overlander
Newport , Washington
Fishing

Free fishing for Carmen Miranda's?? I'm lost. Oh well. Hoochie coochie coochie.... Oh wait, that's Charo....
Old 05-30-2004, 12:27 PM   #500

2004 30' Classic Slideout
Fenton , Missouri
Send a message via AIM to jcanavera Send a message via Skype™ to jcanavera
Confirmed Sites 5/30/04

Well with the wecome addition of Sue and Ike in P35 we are now up to 25. Glad to see you coming! BTW, Sue and Ike traveled the furthest last year to get to Moraine View.

There is still time and room for you to join us at Moraine View State Park. Make your reservation now and let me know your site number. June 11th is coming fast! Please be sure to let us know if you are coming!

Moraine View State Park Attendees

Airstream01 A03
Panub A04
Tom Nugler A05
zamboni A06
Norbert A07
Hohne A08
Crazylev A09
maxandgeorgia A10
flamingo-kid1 A11
Eikel1we P35
George & Marilyn P37