Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Knowledgebase > Airstream Trailer Forums > International > 2002 - 2005 International
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 08-12-2008, 10:43 PM   #141
Rivet Master

2005 22' International CCD
Buckhorn , Ontario
Hey Annie - Don't let Marvin get too tired - just not worth it - you got most working - a heck of a lot more than our LadyBug and we managed to tin tent it....Just get the important things set.

I guess we all are a day late on our schedules.

Have you decided to run the States through instead of Quebec?

Looks like you can not hide out the rain - it is everywhere.... Drive Carefull.
05ModPod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2008, 11:03 PM   #142
Rivet Master

Buckhorn , Ontario
Was thinking of starting a Blog but kept getting a URL error so gave up...so this thread will have to serve as our blog - what is the difference anyway??? I write I post pics people get to see and and join in -

So lets see if I can keep this short and just lots of pics...

First Gas up and pee break for dogs - Flying J - they are great places - and the women's bathrooms are imaculate - as they are hardly used....

Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_3177.jpg
Views:	101
Size:	279.1 KB
ID:	65591

Settled in for our first night on the road....Girls happy to move from Car to Trailer

Name:	DSC_3180.jpg
Views:	94
Size:	442.5 KB
ID:	65592

this is how it should be every night - Girls on the Floor!

Name:	DSC_3185.jpg
Views:	93
Size:	429.7 KB
ID:	65593

Peter fits just nice

Name:	DSC_3187.jpg
Views:	91
Size:	481.7 KB
ID:	65594

Peter changing out dead battery! Need to learn how to be more conservative

Name:	DSC_3189.jpg
Views:	108
Size:	434.5 KB
ID:	65595

Oh My there are bugs on the ModPod - and I just washed her morning before.

Name:	DSC_3190.jpg
Views:	113
Size:	255.5 KB
ID:	65596
Overnight in the Wal-mart in Cornwall

Name:	DSC_3193.jpg
Views:	107
Size:	286.9 KB
ID:	65597

Ready for the US crossing

Name:	DSC_3198.jpg
Size:	343.8 KB
ID:	65598
St. Lawrance Seaway...

Name:	DSC_3212.jpg
Views:	106
Size:	233.1 KB
ID:	65599

Oh and no speeding ticket this time....(ps got it over and done with the day before we left)
Old 08-12-2008, 11:18 PM   #143
Rivet Master

Buckhorn , Ontario
AUGUST 10TH

Hit the road early as usual - crossed the bridge at around noon...

Border crossing was so smooth - stopped in at Canada side to check in the Port bottles (temporary export/import service) to get the fancy little yellow Canada Stickers on each of the 8 bottles (hmmm now 7)

US side - went through first RV scanner ever - the ModPod was Scanned - beam me up Scotty!

A much appropriate question was asked by the border official this time and only one question, normally we are asked several - "and what is the relationship between you two?" as he walked to the front of the car to take down our plate. We looked at each other with a smile and both said at the same time - married completely forgetting that it had been 25 years

I was still driving - decided to give the honey some well deserved R&R to wind down so he could be fresh when ready to take on driving with the new trailer.

So Peter was the navigator and could choose whatever route he liked - I just drove where I was told....

We took a nice scenic route down #2 in Vermont along side of Lake Champagne. We had lovely weather until the tour was over - then it threatened rain....all around us...

Peter was a bit paranoid when I left the car, while waiting for the swing bridge to drop....Haily decided she might like to have a go at driving...
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	DSC_3312.jpg
Size:	381.1 KB
ID:	65601   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_3315.jpg
Views:	124
Size:	436.9 KB
ID:	65602  

Name:	DSC_3349.jpg
Size:	338.4 KB
ID:	65603   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_3354.jpg
Views:	122
Size:	303.9 KB
ID:	65604  

Name:	DSC_3368.jpg
Views:	129
Size:	294.4 KB
ID:	65605  
Old 08-12-2008, 11:34 PM   #144
Rivet Master

Buckhorn , Ontario
Still on route to FreePort Maine. Figured we may make it to Maine or just on the state line of Vermont and Maine....little did we know at the time we were heading into a wall of water...

I thought a rest stop would be good for the night. I had in mind a 4:00 oclock stop and rest as we would have been in the car about 5 hours. Long time for first day. For girls anyway. Stopped at one rest stop and the heavens opened up into a whicked storm. Hit a wifi spot (mentioned earlier in thread and trouble shooted the weather and power for the computer.....did I mention I get terrible withdrawel pains without a computer to play on)

We were on a bad slope and poor RV parking available so I decided the next Rest stop might be better.

It was - Nice and level all though a big pot holes filled with water - storm got ahead so no rain nice big field to let the dogs run - I had a nice Monty Christo Omelette in mind for dinner. But then Hubby says lets go to Lebanon for dinner - so wife complies......starts up the Yuke and off we go leaving a nice perfect set up behind....to what

Terrible storm - nada in Lebenon I think we actually were in the real Lebanon - no place for the dogs to run - no wifi did I mention that it was pouring rain!!! but at least we had what I said for dinner - but now it was 2 hours later and I was dead tired. hmmmm shall I listen to him the rest of the holiday or not????

Battery was doing much better at even half charge - but then died quickly when we realized we left the water heater on. But we got in breakfast and a nice sailors shower each....and on the road by 10:30 - as you can tell we are not early risers and we take our time - much prefer the night owl scene.

Name:	DSC_3397.jpg
Views:	97
Size:	328.9 KB
ID:	65607

Name:	DSC_3404.jpg
Views:	102
Size:	278.1 KB
ID:	65608

Name:	DSC_3405.jpg
Size:	352.5 KB
ID:	65609
Old 08-13-2008, 12:06 AM   #145
Rivet Master

Buckhorn , Ontario
AUGUST 11th
Heading on the I89 for a stretch and then onto the red roads to cross country to FreePort Maine to pick up Honey's Birthday Present.

Weather is sucking on the big side of YUCK and is forcaste for the whole week Rain and storms....so we might just head on straight to Fundy....and might skip Bar Harbor.....

12:00 noon and we are heading down 202 East toward Portsmouth....earlier I had mentioned going to camping world but then we changed our minds and did not really pay attention to where it was. Peter tells me to look up and said look what is here....but he was just going to drive right by - so I said.......stop!...now we have a little BBQ cause we left our Weber behind...a few weeks ago the Racoons did a number on her pretty good and now it is not respectable for travel - especially with the nice new ModPod!!! An extra cap for the sewer thingy, and two bottles of propane and a replacement "The Long Long Trailer" DVD for the one I messed up! and we were off...

So we tottled down the road at Gramma Petes speed and landed at FreePort Maine around 3:30. Okay it was raining pretty good a lot of the way and it was his first time towing on the Interstate with the ModPod.....hey but I did that a couple of weeks ago, by myself I might add....at least he had an extra pair of eyes

We were following MapQuest directions and ended up down the wrong road in Free Port but found the parking for LL Bean. No where for RV's in the parking lot so we made our own spot. Walked up the opposite road. When we walked back later we saw the sign for that road - NO RV's...Ha ha we thought someone was playing a joke....apparrantly there is RV parking somewhere in town - but we did not find it....

Got sorted for picking up the new Kayak and then headed for the warehouse to pick it up. Got her loaded and then took Gary's (Safari 62) recommendation and headed to Recompence Campground - they were full but gave us one of the 2 last spots up by the store - we did not care as long as we could get power and water.... with both batteries dead we needed a day to recharge. And thought it would not be bad for us to be included on the recharge itinerary either.

Name:	DSC_3435.jpg
Views:	109
Size:	368.9 KB
ID:	65610

Name:	DSC_3468.jpg
Size:	283.9 KB
ID:	65611

Name:	DSC_3474.jpg
Size:	410.9 KB
ID:	65612

Haily making sleep look so good....

Name:	DSC_3482.jpg
Views:	98
Size:	379.7 KB
ID:	65613

At 2:00am another storm with lots of thunder and lightening sent both girls charging onto the bed...I had to laugh and did not have the heart to kick them off - but could not resist getting a photo. Yep that little spot up top to the right of Pete was my spot for the rest of the night. After a bit Taz thought she would have more room sleeping inbetween us - which let Haily move over and then I was able to stretch my legs. We put a whole new meaing to Airstream Sardines in a Can... You really have to be dog lovers to let this happen!! especially in the summer hair shedding season

Name:	DSC_3490.jpg
Views:	106
Size:	492.0 KB
ID:	65614

there is only 7 sites with E/W and the one they popped us in was booked for the night so we had to move to #2 from #4 - right next door...we did not mind as we really did not know if we were going to stay the extra night - so still lucky we got a site with power.

Name:	DSC_3501.jpg
Views:	111
Size:	886.3 KB
ID:	65615
Okay this is a face of sheer panic - naa just kidding - but he sure does look very serious - first time backing up with the ModPod - how did he do - well I might let him tell you that one - if I want to stay married for another 25 years....

Lets just say that women know how to use their mirrors and we listen to our husbands

Name:	DSC_3513.jpg
Size:	549.1 KB
ID:	65616

A few shots and views from the campground

Name:	DSC_3518.jpg
Views:	102
Size:	732.0 KB
ID:	65617

Name:	DSC_3519.jpg
Size:	618.0 KB
ID:	65618

Name:	DSC_3521.jpg
Views:	103
Size:	605.8 KB
ID:	65619
Old 08-13-2008, 12:28 AM   #146
Rivet Master

Buckhorn , Ontario
After a quick drive around camp we headed into town to look around the shops. And spend some time in the amazing LLBean set up. Hit their outlet store when 50% off all their summer stock was on...but all the good sizes were pretty much gone.

It was on and off rain and temps were dropping too. We were hungry and decided an early dinner might be nice for a change - so we headed down to the little Harbor for some seafood.

Then back to the camp to install the new Yak-Racks and load up the Yaks again.

When we picked up the new Kayak the night before we decided on a couple of new sets of Thule Racks - one J-Style and the other a cradle slide on style for me... but after I saw Peter messing with the set up for an hour in the rain I changed my mind and thought it would be just as easy if not better with both J-Style since with either I will have to rig something up to get it up the hieght of the Yukon - hmm I think he just might divorce me by the end of this Holiday!!! You know he has had enough when he says "Yes Dear".... I better not change my mind again this holiday..

But heck he thought it was a better idea after a while anyway. So later around 8pm we headed back to LLBean to do more shopping.

Will pop the new racks on in the morning hopefully it will not be raining too much and be on our way hopefully by noon...

More campground shots - Gary - what was the big Rally that was there a few weeks back - the Staff there raved at it when we came in. Although we are the only Airstream thus far.

Name:	DSC_3523.jpg
Views:	98
Size:	464.1 KB
ID:	65620

Name:	DSC_3526.jpg
Views:	104
Size:	818.0 KB
ID:	65621

Name:	DSC_3529.jpg
Size:	608.2 KB
ID:	65622

Name:	DSC_3535.jpg
Views:	100
Size:	350.9 KB
ID:	65623

Name:	DSC_3587.jpg
Views:	105
Size:	359.9 KB
ID:	65626

Name:	DSC_3536.jpg
Size:	483.7 KB
ID:	65624

Name:	DSC_3595.jpg
Size:	502.1 KB
ID:	65625
They had a few neat little exhibits - this was cool with the salmon and the little bubble chamber for the kiddies to see the fish - their faces were priceless.

Name:	DSC_3602.jpg
Views:	92
Size:	360.3 KB
ID:	65627

Name:	DSC_3624.jpg
Size:	544.1 KB
ID:	65628

Freeport Maine Harbor

Name:	DSC_3632.jpg
Views:	96
Size:	420.4 KB
ID:	65629
Old 08-13-2008, 12:39 AM   #147
Rivet Master

Buckhorn , Ontario
Aistream MOHO Sighting...

No airstreams on the road yet but just caught this one as we were heading along Route 202 through Vermont.

Has a WBCCI #3769 but we don't have an 08 Directory so not sure it might be. hmm cause we paid too late just like we get up late

We don't have our big red numbers with us either! and I am getting worried about the time they might be serving breakfast at the Rally - if it is before 9:00 and ya get zilch after 9:00 then we may be paying a heck of a lot of money for invisible food....

Can someone tell me why I paid two memberships again???
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	DSC_3329.jpg
Views:	112
Size:	221.9 KB
ID:	65630  
Old 08-13-2008, 04:22 AM   #148
Rivet Master

NOVA SCOTIA , CANADA
Sharon,

Enjoying your trip/blog but looking at your post times I have a question for you.
Do you ever sleep?

AIR #7916
Ex WBCCI #32083
streamer23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2008, 05:46 AM   #149
Rivet Master

Buckhorn , Ontario
Quote:
Originally Posted by streamer23 View Post
Sharon,

Enjoying your trip/blog but looking at your post times I have a question for you.
Do you ever sleep?
Well we can't help it - someone will just have to talk to Mother Nature and straighten this dilema out...

I wish I could say early to bed early to rise. But more like Late to bed late to rise. And then sometimes it is late to bed and early to rise....

Life is like a box of chocolates!!! ya just never know what cha guna get

Up early this morning - going to get my shower in and sneak a load of favorite clothes laundry...

Hey does anyone else do this...you pack all sorts of clothes but only wear your absolute faves until they almost fall off or stand up on their own

Ours have lasted a little longer cause we just have to stand outside and throw some soap our way and they get clean with all the rain....

Eastward bound today....might do a lunch stop in Bar Harbor - our lunch is running around 3:00-4:00
Old 08-13-2008, 09:55 AM   #150
Rivet Master

1997 30' Limited
1972 23' Safari
1965 17' Caravel
Howell , Michigan
Send a message via AIM to Airboss Send a message via MSN to Airboss Send a message via Yahoo to Airboss
What a great read!! This was soooooo COOL!! Congrats to the both of you!!! I just wonder 1 thing....Will Peter ever believe another word that comes out of Sharons mouth again??? Time will tell I guess...HAHAHA.... Have fun!!! Ralph
Old 08-13-2008, 10:16 AM   #151
Rivet Master

2007 23' International CCD
Lapeer , Michigan
Sharon, looks like you and Peter are having a wonderful time. I am enjoying your pictures and posts. Keep them coming. The Region 1 Rally sounds like a great one to go to and I sure would like to see you in the new yaks. Keep up the good work, I mean the good play. After 25 years you two are phenominal with energy and romance. Give the girls a good scratch from me.

photography
wheel interested is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2008, 10:31 AM   #152
Rivet Master

Buckhorn , Ontario
Hi Ralph.... yep he still believes me althought I raise an eyebrow once and a while..

When you bring home a big silver Airstream instead of waiting for a big Diamond that just gets in the way - I think any amount of lies will be smoothed over by those AS curves

Old 08-13-2008, 10:54 AM   #153
Rivet Master

Buckhorn , Ontario
Right - after a 2 day rest and drying and cleaning spree - we are about to pull out for our trip to the Border....

Poor Gary I think he might think we are avoiding him....they flew by and are now in Bar Harbor....

So if we play our cards right then we just might hook up with them at CobsCook Campground tonight just on this side of the border.....

Can't upload darn pics for some reason - either my system or the wifi here has gone really weak - but Hubby said if I don't get of the &^%$ computer he will drag my A/S in the A/S...

Cherrio - folks till next wifi.....
Old 08-13-2008, 11:10 AM   #154
1 Rivet Member

Currently Looking...
Vestal , New York
A dog question

Hi Peter and Sharon,

....I'm a newbie here at airforums and I've been enjoying your travel blog. Just one question though: What do you do with the dogs when eating out or shopping? Our schnauzer becomes very agitated when we try to leave him out of anything. We take him along when traveling but takeout gets old after awhile.

Tim Rogers
Binghamton, NY
tmrgrs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2008, 05:58 PM   #155
Rivet Master

Buckhorn , Ontario
Quote:
Originally Posted by tmrgrs View Post
Hi Peter and Sharon,

....I'm a newbie here at airforums and I've been enjoying your travel blog. Just one question though: What do you do with the dogs when eating out or shopping? Our schnauzer becomes very agitated when we try to leave him out of anything. We take him along when traveling but takeout gets old after awhile.

Tim Rogers
Binghamton, NY

Hi Tim....

Regarding the dogs - it really depends on the weather. If it is cool enough - they prefer to sit in the car and wait for us. We have a Fantastic Breeze fan that we plug in if it is a little on the warm side and leave them water. But if it is too hot - then we have no choice but to leave them in the Trailer. They have usually been very good and only bark if people walk up close to the trailer - or if they hear Peter or I they start to bark - I think they think they can be brave when Mom and Dad are around

Our max time frame is 4 hours - but normally we only do two at a time. When traveling we also stop 2-3 hours to stretch legs and water the dogs.
They have always been great travelers and really love the car. If we need them out of the way they prefer the car as opposed to being teathered.

Taz is nervous with thunderstorms and can be a bit anxious when we leave her but will settle after a about 5 minutes. If they are stressed when we get back it only takes them a few minutes to settle upon our return.

Now if we could just shave them bold for the August holidays we would have much less dog hair!!! - Summer coat shedding time is a killer... and having a light and dark haired dog you just can not win with your light or dark clothes either.

Glad you are enjoying the travel blog....

Oh yes we usually leave music on for them - it can be a distraction for the pitter patter of rain and distant thunder storms, and people chatting close to the trailer....
Old 08-20-2008, 05:56 PM   #156
Rivet Master

Buckhorn , Ontario
Short update...

Sorry with the weather and intermitent wifi - it has been hard to stay up todate.....

In a nut shell - despite the weather - we are having a great time...took an extra day in Freeport - to have a break from driving in the rain.

Headed to Fundy National Park - hooked up with Gary and Jane for a spell (Safari 62) shared a bit of rain together.

Last Friday we were all set to head out for some hiking and photo taking of Dickson Falls and then comb the beach - but the Yukon decided it was time to have a new fuel pump!!! - so out came CAA and took our Wheels away! - for 4 days - we could not have picked the worst situation to be in - top of the hill with no wheels in a large national park where you need to drive to all of the park attractions!

We met a great lady at the front gate who helped us out by lending her car for an afternoon so we could run into Alma for supplies. Then was kind enough to run me in to Moncton to pick up our Yukon.

A long day sitting on the park bench reading a book in one of the 2 sunny days we have had thus far on our holiday.

Got back to Fundy to pick up the hubby and ModPod and Girls and off we went to PEI - missed two days of the Rally but made it nevertheless.

Had a great welcome at Midnight - and I was put to the test in backing up skills - just a few trees, kiddy park set and hmmm dead tired....but we got in nicely and were helped by eager beavers to get us in quicker - not to be quiet or nothing but to get a few well deserved drinks in us quick

The next two days of the Rally have been pouring rain - but squeezed a somewhat sunny morning in yesterday.

Toured a bit of the Island today - have met some fantastic people from the Canadian Atlantic Unit and Region 1. It is a first class rally and the camp owners Micheal and Leonard are just a hoot.....

Heading off for some karaoke.

Hopefully tomorrow we will finally have a chance to put in our Kayaks - the poor things have seen more water uptop of the Yukon than anywhere else....

PS now looking for new tow vehicle - went to an amazing seminar on towing by Andy - Can Am - and for some of us if you just stopped and listend to the mechanics and the physics - it all makes perfect sense.

No hensley for us yet - but not looking at a 2500 HD either.... - but the packages in between are now making a lot more sense than they ever have.

They Yukon/Tahoe is all we would ever need - but she is just getting a bit tired and rusty now and we need something a little newer to carry us around for a future camping days.....

Girls have settled into the trailer/ModPod just great and now fully understand that they have way more realestate on the floor than they would or do on the bed - a compromise - I bring an extra dog pad in for them so they don't have to share the hard floor a small sacrifice for some extra leg room...

Furnace has been running - wow in August!!! hard to believe - in fact I am cold now at 57 F - calling for nice hot and sunny weather finally tomorrow and for the next few days....

Might get a chance to get some pics downloaded soon - but kind of frustrating with the wifi on and off....so just might have to wait till I get home.

PEI is a beautiful Island and all should make an effort to put it on your visit one day list....

Still hoping to get to the Cabot Trail next - but our holiday has taken so many unexpected twists and turns we never know what we are doing from one minute to the next....

Pressing send now - but never know if it will go - so here goes....

....and yep we are still married after 1.5 weeks in 22ft of space....must be the al-lu-min-ium.....(spoken in european) - hmmm Diane can help you with that one.....
Old 08-20-2008, 06:17 PM   #157
Rivet Master

2012 25' FB Eddie Bauer
Vintage Kin Owner
Virginia Beach , Virginia
HI Sharon,

Hey, there are HEAT STRIPS on that Air Conditioner.

Just look at the dials. AT 57 fahrenheit you'll only need to run it a few minutes and it'll take the chill off nicely.

Paula
Old 08-20-2008, 06:33 PM   #158
Rivet Master

Buckhorn , Ontario
Well that was short...cold and damp just had enough..seems everytime we step outside it rains...

So Paula popped that puppy on and it is quite dusty tee hee never got to cleaning up there... but then thought does it have to be 30 amp? we are only only 15 right now...

furnace is working great though and takes not only the cold off but the dampness- wet dogs, wet shoes, wet clothes - we are so wet wet wet wet!!!
Old 08-21-2008, 10:33 PM   #159
1 Rivet Member

Currently Looking...
Vestal , New York
Quote:
Originally Posted by GT1963 View Post
Hi Tim....

Regarding the dogs - it really depends on the weather. If it is cool enough - they prefer to sit in the car and wait for us. We have a Fantastic Breeze fan that we plug in if it is a little on the warm side and leave them water. But if it is too hot - then we have no choice but to leave them in the Trailer. They have usually been very good and only bark if people walk up close to the trailer - or if they hear Peter or I they start to bark - I think they think they can be brave when Mom and Dad are around

Our max time frame is 4 hours - but normally we only do two at a time. When traveling we also stop 2-3 hours to stretch legs and water the dogs.
They have always been great travelers and really love the car. If we need them out of the way they prefer the car as opposed to being teathered.

Taz is nervous with thunderstorms and can be a bit anxious when we leave her but will settle after a about 5 minutes. If they are stressed when we get back it only takes them a few minutes to settle upon our return.

Now if we could just shave them bold for the August holidays we would have much less dog hair!!! - Summer coat shedding time is a killer... and having a light and dark haired dog you just can not win with your light or dark clothes either.

Glad you are enjoying the travel blog....

Oh yes we usually leave music on for them - it can be a distraction for the pitter patter of rain and distant thunder storms, and people chatting close to the trailer....

Thanks for the information on traveling with your dogs. It's very helpful to my wife and me to know that there are solutions that work.
tmrgrs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2008, 09:35 PM   #160
Rivet Master

Buckhorn , Ontario
Sorry folks that we have not posted from our Big Anniversary Trip...We came back to Mum in the hospital and right into a whirl wind of activity with our waterfront lot and getting things sorted around here.

Not to solicit any more congratulations from our already wonderful response from the forums....but just thought we would pop in to say that we have made it!! Kicking and Alive and still very much in love after our three weeks and of course today is our big day....this time 25 years ago we were kicking up a storm still on the Dance floor - We had such a great party we did not want to leave.

Our funny story back then was - we had put all our cash for our honeymoon in an envelope and were going to get our currency exchange at the Airport while waiting for our flight in the wee hours of the morning tomorrow that would be.

It was the one thing Peter had to do - give the one envelop to the DJ and keep the other in his pocket. We did the traditional method of going home to change into our going away outfits and then made the final appearance at the party around 1:30 and were well wished away on our honey moon....Several people hand you cards when you leave - well that was the English way of doing it - not today I think you use those corny wishing wells and wedding mail boxes.....

Now almost to our hotel in Toronto - I ask Peter for the envelope - he said "you have it" Nope I said "you have it" he said nope the "DJ has it" - In the excitement - he had given the DJ envelope to Mom to give to him just incase Peter forgot - but then he remembered just before leaving and gave him our money!!!!!!

So to get us through until money could be wired too us we scrambled opening the envelopes - to find a few cheques - thank goodness not everyone likes to buy gifts!!! - We spent an hour trying to find a place that would cash the cheques for us and with only about an hour before we had to catch our flight....

I know we have a beautiful new airstream - but with this chilly night I sure would not mind doing our honey moon again right about now -
Cancun Mexico

Our wedding day saw record highs of 104F today but it felt like 130 with the humidex. At least no rain.

Dad was stung by a bee
My Limo battery died - cause Dad took it through the car wash with the back windows down - so all morning he had the doors wide open worried that if I sat in the back seat I would get the blue die all over the dress.

As I walked up the Isle and and several steps - I ended up stepping on my slip of the wedding dress and could not move - everyone thought I was changing my mind and thought I was going to turn around and bolt from the church.....When my Dad said get moving I said I can't I'm stuck - so he bent over stuck his head under my dress and said - NO worries I see the problem fiddled a bit down there (while I was mortified and then really did want to bolt from the church) Then he said ff you go now all fixed" Only the first two rows knew what was going on but it was a buzz after the ceremony all saying I was going to run

Poor Peter he was wringing wet with sweat dripping off his face during our vows - and my dress was melting before my eyes, some of the lace that was not sewn started to fall off... There was no AC and I think even a couple of people fainted in the back rows - .....

Could not tell you what we had for dinner and by the time we left the party my feet were so soar and swollen (heat does that) I had little flower imprints on the tops of my feet that lasted most of the week......

It was certainly a day not without hitches - but we made it through and now can look back as we remember like it was yesterday......

Thanks for all the best wishes and to all those celebrating their 25th Anniversary this Year a big Congratulations from Peter and I.

PS we will try to post some holiday pics in the next few days....if I can find some that did not have any rain in them

The ModPod is fabulous and the best decision I/We made - phew he has decided to keep it - and now we will spend the next 25 years fighting over gets to use it

PS....to be in our 20's again

Name:	K Wedding Sign.jpg
Views:	121
Size:	334.4 KB
ID:	67210
Yeah I know - he only looks like he is 16!!!!

Tags
2005 international