Free 7 Day Trial RV GPS App RV Trip Planner Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-24-2008, 09:59 PM   #101
Rivet Master

2005 22' International CCD
Buckhorn , Ontario
Peter Speaks!!!!!

Wow! What a day, I am still in a state of disbelief and shock! My sweetheart still knows how to make my head spin and leave me speechless 25 years later, and I don't know how Sharon pulled this off but she did! I honestly didn't know or suspect anything until we pulled into Mom & Dad's place this morning. Baby what a big surprise, right before my very eyes, I truly am the luckiest man in the world to have found my soulmate and best friend in you Sharon!

Thank you Paula for all you have done to make this happen, it is greatly appreciated!!! Thanks Mom & Dad and Annie & Marvin for being part of this really special day. And thanks to Lou & Larry, Steph & Dave and Carol & Brad for taking such good care of my better half on this whirlwind adventure! And Suz for getting Sharon out for some fun!

Thanks to all those people who have encouraged and given Sharon and I best wishes on our special Anniversary.
05ModPod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2008, 10:13 PM   #102
Rivet Master

1979 30' Argosy
Havelock , where we park it
Have a great time camping this w/e... looking forward to joining up with you both down east sometime on this holiday... ....
WBCCI 10103
"Happiness is a warm Puppy" Charles Schulz
Happycampers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2008, 10:44 PM   #103
Rivet Master

Buckhorn , Ontario
Quote:
Originally Posted by overlander63 View Post
Wow, so where are y'all going on your 3 week vacation?
Happy anniversary
We are heading to the East Coast.

Do some hiking and kayaking in PEI - stop in and say hello at the Region 1 Rally.

Then we are heading to the Cabot Trail and after that to the Bay of Fundy for some tandem sea kayaking.

For our little shake down this weekend we are heading to Algonquin Park and check out the many RV parks they have - and possibly do some weekend booking for next year. They are booked solid on the reservable sites so we are doing the drive up thing this weekend....knowing our luck we will end up on the side of the road somewhere

Thanks for your kind words OV63
Old 07-24-2008, 10:46 PM   #104
Rivet Master

Buckhorn , Ontario
Quote:
Originally Posted by Happycampers View Post
Have a great time camping this w/e... looking forward to joining up with you both down east sometime on this holiday... ....
sounds great - hope you get your trailer ready in time - if not you can always tent under that white sheet you know - we did the tin tent so you can too.

I rent the CCD for 1500 a week - so should be paid off lickity split

But not a bad idea for the Waterfront lot -
"Static Lets" as they are known in Europe I think?
Old 07-25-2008, 05:46 AM   #105
Rivet Master

1962 22' Safari
1957 22' Custom
1963 16' Bambi
Vacationland , Maine
Good work, Sharon!

It is good to see Peter so happy not to mention standing upright and not working on one for a change.......at least for the first few minutes of ownership.

We will be at the PEI rally and also around and about the area at that time. Look for us and we will keep an eye out for you both. We can toast to your new good fortune.

We will be in one of those "old ones"....
Gary
safari62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2008, 05:53 AM   #106
Rivet Master

Buckhorn , Ontario
Quote:
Originally Posted by safari62 View Post
Good work, Sharon!

It is good to see Peter so happy not to mention standing upright and not working on one for a change.......at least for the first few minutes of ownership.

We will be at the PEI rally and also around and about the area at that time. Look for us and we will keep an eye out for you both. We can toast to your new good fortune.

We will be in one of those "old ones"....
Gary
Wow that is Great can't wait to see you again....we have not really had a lot of time to read the PEI thread so we must have missed that you were going

It will nice to finally meet several other forum members too...
But Gary you were our first tee hee - not forum - but our first Rally friend!! Remember Sarasota and then Paradise Park - we thought we had picked up two stray dawgs for sure tee hee. (You and you brother were traveling together)

How is your bike collection going - we will have to get around to your neck of the woods for a long weekend trip.

Drive Careful up there and see you in a few weeks - I will be the one wearing the Husband with the MILE WIDE smile.....
Old 07-25-2008, 06:14 AM   #107
Rivet Master

Buckhorn , Ontario
We survived the first night - although a little chilly hmmmm Dave you gotta listen to the Silver Sisters - Propane supply line has to be pointing toward the full tank - it is not automatic - unless you pay a little person to sit under the cover and flip the switch when you run out on the one tank. Probably need to upgrade

Paula the bed is nice and firm - still nice and firm - like really nice and firm. The girls were not very impressed - Taz took a leap and ended right back on the floor poor old girl! Haily can get up with a bit of two pawing but will not get down - that is a real issue cause she is now starting to sleep on the floor after a bit on the bed - but if she can't get off then hmm that is a bad thing.

It is just right for size - although I did not sleep too well - still too excited !!!- and Peter did not sleep for several hours - cause I forgot to turn the music off - then he had to pee but thought he had to go to the house!!! Silly Boy - still has not sunk in that EVERYTHING WORKS!!!!! Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_2443.jpg
Views:	92
Size:	43.2 KB
ID:	64449

.....and he did not want to crawl over me and wake me up after my huge ordeal - so we sorted that issue out this morning -
......crawl - please - crawl over me anytime babe!!!!.....

I had dropped the table down for the large dog bed - I see how it comes off the wall now - kind of neat - could easily make that into a U-couch system with a drop leaf marine pilot leg system. Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_2444.jpg
Views:	85
Size:	30.7 KB
ID:	64450

Now for the nice part - we all fit perfect! there is lots of room and I would never fill up all the storage areas in a month of Sundays in this trailer. Haily gets in and out fine and there is lots of room by the door for both girls to sleep patiently waiting for their breakfast and morning walk.

The big windows in the front are awesome - need to make a little crib bumber for the wall - Peter said it was a little chillie on his bare skin

...and you can hear the loons with the fridge fan on

Going to add two speakers into the bedroom area. Under bed storage is fantastic - bigger than our present garage - haa haa don't have one.

Now you ask what am I doing on the computer - his turn to pack - food and what ever he wants - I am heading to the freshening up stage and then get the girls packing sorted out and we will be heading out - for the Short Honey Moon Do Over You could put me in the North Pole right now and I would see it as Cancun Mexico!!

Chow all and will post pictures of our Silver Anniversary Shake Down - 2nd HoneyMoon....

Hey Dave (Duffrin) I promise I will have at least one close up for the Contest - but hopefully it will be aluminum - not flesh
Old 07-25-2008, 06:53 AM   #108
Rivet Master

Buckhorn , Ontario
...and before we head off....just thought I would share how the Mod Pod fits in her new surroundings...

Kind of a nice Garden Ornament don't ya tink Gosh at that perspective that Yukon looks like a Corgi Toy
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_2454.jpg
Views:	78
Size:	85.0 KB
ID:	64453

And who says the newer ones are not shinny - Take note Vintage lovers - they actually reflect in the new ones in more ways than one.

Name:	DSC_2452.jpg
Views:	84
Size:	39.5 KB
ID:	64456

...and to the right of her LadyBug - A forest full of Airstreams

Name:	DSC_2459.jpg
Views:	78
Size:	83.4 KB
ID:	64454

...and of course I would not be me if I did not comment on someones AS - NICE AS! EH?

Name:	DSC_2463.jpg
Views:	74
Size:	43.1 KB
ID:	64455

And unless I come up with something on our short trip - I just might submit this for July -
"Airstream Awakening"

Name:	DSC_2445.jpg
Size:	38.0 KB
ID:	64451

LadyBug will always be close by....

Name:	DSC_2448.jpg
Size:	50.8 KB
ID:	64452
Old 07-25-2008, 10:54 PM   #109
Rivet Master

1978 Argosy Minuet 6.7 Metre
1989 29' Excella
Lorain County , Ohio
Send a message via AIM to loudruff Send a message via MSN to loudruff Send a message via Yahoo to loudruff
Happy, happy!

We are so happy that your trip went well, and that the big surprise was well done! Congratulations on this great anniversary!!! Hope you have a wonderful vacation!!! Keep us posted!!!
Lou and Larry
Air #2695
TAC- OH 2
#1420 NOVA 4-006 Charter member

loudruff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2008, 06:13 AM   #110
Rivet Master

1979 30' Argosy
Havelock , where we park it
Sharon... Well I did tell you, once you have wraparound windows you are hooked....... have a great w/e....
WBCCI 10103
"Happiness is a warm Puppy" Charles Schulz
Happycampers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2008, 08:30 PM   #111
Rivet Master

Buckhorn , Ontario
We're Back!

It was absolutely WONDERFUL!!!

Paula I am so so so so glad that the stars brought us into each others path to make this all happen!!!!

Peter and I finally headed out on Friday just after lunch and arrived at Algonquin Park shortly after 2:00 perfect check in time.

We were really not too concerned as to the perfect camping spot. Just that we could find one that we could plug into.

With me being away a week and landing home with a shinny new 05 was about all we could handle - so it was all about the trailer

Yep her name is truly official now - Mod Pod and thought it appropriate to get her first present from the Art Centre Hand painted tiles - ("Love My Mod Pod - Star!)

A few shots of the camp site - just the angle and the spot across from us was empty so it makes it look like the camp was deserted but far from it - Yes the weather was not very good so I am sure a few regulars cancelled their reservations.

Such a tidy camp site eh? Cause we never left the trailer The Aluminum held us in so tight

And it would not be a trip to Algonquin if you did not see a moose - although only a baby bull - and only shot his rear end - did not want the dogs to go nuts so it was a quick one....

The lakes and rivers in this park are plentiful and we can not wait to go back and explore the whole park possibly a trip for next summer.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	DSC_2493.jpg
Views:	80
Size:	374.7 KB
ID:	64584   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_2543.jpg
Views:	90
Size:	118.3 KB
ID:	64585  

Name:	DSC_2576.jpg
Size:	309.1 KB
ID:	64586   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_2668.jpg
Views:	85
Size:	262.7 KB
ID:	64587  

Name:	DSC_2710.jpg
Views:	101
Size:	101.3 KB
ID:	64590   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_2911.jpg
Size:	124.5 KB
ID:	64591  

Name:	DSC_2967.jpg
Views:	90
Size:	118.9 KB
ID:	64592   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_2581.jpg
Views:	80
Size:	219.5 KB
ID:	64595  

Name:	DSC_2586.jpg
Views:	82
Size:	202.5 KB
ID:	64596   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_2915.jpg
Views:	92
Size:	143.9 KB
ID:	64597  

Old 07-27-2008, 08:55 PM   #112
Rivet Master

Buckhorn , Ontario
And just a few more.....photos

Oh and the trailer is great too - Peter just loves it and thinks we got the best layout for our needs. There is really tons of room in there and even more storage than you could possibly use.

We had no other issues with her other than what was already mentioned - the screw hole in the fresh water fill pipe that we will fix this week. And the Kitchen drawer runner from hell needs to be fixed

Our boo boo - we forgot to put in the extra 30amp extension cord thus we had 15amp only - That meant to keep the trailer cool we had to run the two fans - which circulated quite a bit of camp fire smoke - normally this would not bother us - but I found it bothered me considerably and had a tough time breathing - guess I still have lots of lung healing to do.

Just a few different shots - typical AS touristy types as well - could not resist.

Yep that would be me passed out on the bed about 20 minutes after we arrived....

Peter and I cooking in the Trailer - now I know a few out there don't cook in their trailers but heck - I was not going to fire up the fire pit at 11:00 at night or close to it anyway - time was no issue for us.

Oh and one absolute bonus - when you travel Eastern Ontario - it is not like your interstates - with the comfort stations at all the right places and times

It was my first time I said - WOW I LOVE THIS TRALER!!!! not having to say are we there yet - or pull over at the next gas station
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	DSC_2478.jpg
Views:	86
Size:	160.8 KB
ID:	64599   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_2528.jpg
Size:	102.6 KB
ID:	64600  

Name:	DSC_2548.jpg
Views:	95
Size:	112.7 KB
ID:	64601   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_2647.jpg
Views:	77
Size:	178.0 KB
ID:	64602  

Name:	DSC_2937_2.jpg
Size:	106.0 KB
ID:	64603   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_2689.jpg
Views:	89
Size:	385.2 KB
ID:	64604  

Name:	DSC_2841.jpg
Views:	86
Size:	101.6 KB
ID:	64605   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_2750.jpg
Size:	69.3 KB
ID:	64606  

Old 07-27-2008, 09:15 PM   #113
More than one rivet loose

Currently Looking...
Los Alamos , New Mexico
Good suprises are always the best. Congratulations on a sucessful suprise!

Looking for a 1962 Flying Cloud

thecatsandi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2008, 07:50 AM   #114
Rivet Master

Buckhorn , Ontario
Dust settles..

Well as the dust settles and Peter now back to work and the new Mod Pod is sitting patiently on the Driveway for her next outing - I would be remiss if I did not take the time to thank each and every one of you who have joined in on the fun.

A Big Thank you to all from Peter and I

Name:	DSC_2937.jpg
Size:	165.0 KB
ID:	64619
So to all the sisters out their that posted to the thread - have the courage to do something outrageous - just once in your life - you will never regret it Foiled Again (Paula), WheelInterested (Carol), TinSista(Steph), Insideout (Shari) , thecatsandI (Micelle) Loudruff (Lou), Kposey (Kathy), sd90mac (Marie), Maxandgeorgia (~G), towster (Virginia), airdale (Laura), HappyCampers (Annie)

And to the fellows that posted - I sure hope I have not set that aluminum bar too high - something shinny for your better halves or those you may be wooing is really all it takes - some lovin and "camping" of any kind Safari 62 (Garry), Happy Campers (Marvin) Loudruff Larry (AKA Larrita), Streamer 23 (Mike), Overlander63 (Terry), Mel (Mel),azflycaster (Richard), Richinny (Rick & Ingrid), Zamboni, Whitsend and of course utee94 (Maarcus) who now has a task ahead to get his love charges out into the world of camping with his new airstream!!!!

It has been a wonderful and amazing 25th Anniversary and I can say it is only just beginning - August the 8th we are heading out for our 3 week trip out East - and hopefully will meet many new people as we stop into see the Region 1 Rally.

Perhaps we should leave this thread as the continued saga and travels of the Mod Pod... red tagged WBCCI#1961 (Still looking for the Air Blue Tag???)
Not sure I can convince the Hubby to put the numbers up there - so - might have to come up with something a little different....
Old 07-28-2008, 09:56 AM   #115
Rivet Master

2012 25' FB Eddie Bauer
Vintage Kin Owner
Virginia Beach , Virginia
Quote:
Originally Posted by GT1963 View Post
Perhaps we should leave this thread as the continued saga and travels of the Mod Pod... red tagged WBCCI#1961 (Still looking for the Air Blue Tag???)
Not sure I can convince the Hubby to put the numbers up there - so - might have to come up with something a little different....
Put the numbers on the front window's stone guard. It's Lexan, and if you want to change the numbers without leaving a "ghost" - you just replace the stone guard. I've seen one or two WBCCI members who've done just that. They might catch hell from the traditionalists in their units, but I bet they just respond with a "George Carlin - bi-labial fricitive".

Paula
Old 07-28-2008, 05:07 PM   #116
Rivet Master

2007 23' International CCD
Lapeer , Michigan
Love the Mod Pod tiles on your range hood Sharon and Peter. Your pictures are terrific, looks like you two had a great time and the new silver pod is perfect for the family.

Hope to continue reading about your three week tour and see more pictures. Watch out Peter may just quit his job and become a full-timer.

photography
wheel interested is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2008, 05:26 PM   #117
Rivet Master

1993 21' Sovereign
Colfax , North Carolina
So, Sharon, what happens when the Mod Squad wants to use the Mod Pod?
ducking and covering...
Old 07-29-2008, 02:38 PM   #118
Rivet Master

Buckhorn , Ontario
Quote:
Originally Posted by overlander63 View Post
So, Sharon, what happens when the Mod Squad wants to use the Mod Pod?
ducking and covering...
Well let me see - I would welcome them in for a drink and make them feel right at home with some tunes

Mod Squad Theme Song
Old 07-29-2008, 02:41 PM   #119
Rivet Master

Buckhorn , Ontario
Quote:
Originally Posted by wheel interested View Post
Love the Mod Pod tiles on your range hood Sharon and Peter. Your pictures are terrific, looks like you two had a great time and the new silver pod is perfect for the family.

Hope to continue reading about your three week tour and see more pictures. Watch out Peter may just quit his job and become a full-timer.
Oh would that not be the greatest if he wanted to full time - then I would have to get a second trailer - oh wait we have too others - so that would mean he would have to finish one of them and find a second tow vehicle

Thanks for the kudos on the pictures - the subject kind-a makes it easy eh?
Old 07-29-2008, 02:57 PM   #120
Rivet Master

1963 26' Overlander
Austin , Texas
Sharon, the Mod Pod is just beautiful, and you're already clearly having so much fun. I don't think there can be any doubt that you made the right decision, and now you'll have plenty of time to renovate one or more of your other trailers if that's what you decide to do, while still enjoying camping in the new one.

Looking forward to seeing you down the road one of these days.

-Marcus
utee94 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
2005 international