Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Knowledgebase > Airstream Trailer Forums > International > 2002 - 2005 International
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 07-16-2008, 12:06 AM   #1
Rivet Master

2005 22' International CCD
Buckhorn , Ontario
Silver Wedding Anniversary - Surprise

Hi all,

I am just stepping over from the Vintage side to introduce myself to all you aluminum clads or is it brushed aluminum - not sure I would agree that you are all "dull" okay sorry bit of dry english humor there.

In about 48 hours, after a stop in Milton to drop off a blue buggy to the MoonBeam owner, then a stop in Hamburg NY to pick up a new AC shroud for the LadyBug, then a long overdue stay over with Lou and Larry in LaGrange Bless their hearts.....I will be heading to Jackson Center to meet Paula (Foiled Again) to pick up our new to us 05 22' CCD.

I will have to give Paula a huge shower of KARMA for going way above and beyond to make this happen for me and my Husband in time for our special vacation celebrating our 25th.

The surprise - well Peter knows absolutely NOTHING about this. I have cooked up a story and a half for my trip out for a week to kayak then it turned into a bit of a rally, and now a tour of the Silver Sisters and one big loop around Lake Erie for me. I have no idea how I will keep this story straight for one more sleep!!!

With each change in plan I have kept Peter totally in the loop in only a manner that a true fiber can do

I have been moaning about a trip out for a while now and said last week out of the blue - that is it I am leaving going Kayaking with Steph (Tin Sista) - The start of my cover story. It was a week I needed - cause I was almost successful for the 04 that was in Florida and I would need a week to get there and back. But that fell through.

Well I could go on for hours on the issues and fun I have had ending up finding Paula's for sale and trying to make this all happen without him catching on. But that will come as the unveiling happens next week.

I have a nice loop all lined up to try and spend some time with as many Silver Sisters as I can. Lou and Larita, Paula of course, then Stephanie,Dave and Sam - hope to get in touch with Vickie and I have a met up with Sue and Ike. And look who just came back on the grid - Carol with her fabulous photos of her trip out west! - wonder if she can do another record towing and make it back far enough to do lunch or dinner or evening before I have to leave MI?

My final stop is the Imlay City Fantastic Vent Parking lot where they are leaving me a cord and the light on for my overnight. First thing in the morning I am slated for an extra fan installed. (That would be the presetn to our dogs by the way)

Then it is home to some sort of surprise either Wednesday night if I make it back in time or I will give Peter a whole new meaning to his morning coffee on Thursday next. Annie and Marvin are the surprise crew on my return - so all this should be interesting.

More to follow up on my return.

And it is a pleasure to be here on the wider side of life

I am sure I will not know what to do with things that actually workand I hope I don't get the levers mixed up (hmm Marvin comes to mind on that first fauxpaux I made at my first rally with my first Airstream.

PS some have warned that this nice new trailer might become my permanent home - so if it does could someone start a courtesy parking list for me

No pictures yet - she is a little shy....
05ModPod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2008, 03:24 AM   #2
Rivet Master

1979 30' Argosy
Havelock , where we park it
Talking You Go Girl

Hello Sharon.... up so late cause you are so excited... I can see it now. Have a great and safe trip and will see you when you come home.
WBCCI 10103
"Happiness is a warm Puppy" Charles Schulz
Happycampers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2008, 06:25 AM   #3
Rivet Master

1954 25' Cruiser
Kyle , The Republic of Texas
Sharon - I wish more spouces had your sense of fun & adventure!! I love the idea of such a great surprise. Be sure to let us know how it all comes out!!
Old 07-16-2008, 06:49 AM   #4
Rivet Master

1963 26' Overlander
Austin , Texas
Hi Sharon,

The cat is out of the bag I suppose!

Congratulations, I'm very excited for you. Please be sure to post reactions and pictures once you have them.

-Marcus
utee94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2008, 07:55 AM   #5
Mel
Rivet Master

1967 22' Safari
1960 Caravel
Edmonds , Washington
Sharon, what a fun plan! I can't wait to hear more and see some pics once the '05 is home!
Old 07-16-2008, 08:43 AM   #6
Rivet Master

Buckhorn , Ontario
Quote:
Originally Posted by utee94 View Post
Hi Sharon,

The cat is out of the bag I suppose!

Congratulations, I'm very excited for you. Please be sure to post reactions and pictures once you have them.

-Marcus

Cat is only out of the bag at the forums - if you are referring to the surprise for Peter? He does not read the forums. And he went off to work still in "Peter Land"

As for the other plan - no worries there Marcus you have my word!

Today is the day I get to yank all the trailer things I need and stuff them in the car ready to go - I sure hope he does not turn into one of those fussing Husbands and wants to make sure I have everything I need.

Like "what do you need the towing mirrors for. Thought you were staying with friends why all the bedding and kitchen stuff - what they making you stay out in their trailers"

And of course there is the "piggy bank to raid" and then the hint no worries on doing the bills "honey" I have taken care of it for you ha (like he actually does them - not)

Don't forget I still have the week out and the unsuspecting calls home.

I have to sound like I am enjoying myself and not like I am out of this world with excitement - although my friends do that to me as well - just not the same he might detect something is going on if I can not contain my excitement.

So I dropped the idea that I might bring him a little surprise back - so he is now thinking I might come home with a wide screen TV or a new Kayak for him, phew quick thinking on the feet girls......Plan to be prepared and 90% of the work is always in the preparation...

So now I can drop the famous line.......Guess what I found? - NO not telling it is a surprise. That will keep him missing me all week.

I will arrive home late Wednesday and hand him over another Airstream T Shirt and he will be tickled pink All the while the new Airstream to go with the Shirt is sitting at Mom and Dad's

I'll come home with an invite back to Mom and Dad's for coffee and donuts - cause we are on holidays for 4 days - I'll grab a few things to make it real like his pillow and sleeping bag couple of tents and stuff and then head out - everything else will be ready in the trailer.....
......Stay tuned for the surprise...

Anyway thanks for the kudos all - I will drive very carefully on the way home with a grin bigger than all the smilies on the forum.

...and no we are not abandoning our vintage totally - just paring down and thinning out. Lady Bug is still going to be completed - just going to take a little longer - waiting on the new garage and new house to be built for the parents.
Old 07-16-2008, 08:50 AM   #7
Rivet Master

Buckhorn , Ontario
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitsend View Post
Sharon - I wish more spouces had your sense of fun & adventure!! I love the idea of such a great surprise. Be sure to let us know how it all comes out!!
WARNING - A marriage with an abundance of trust is most certainly required before attempting this stunt.

ALWAYS have a back up plan - buy something that you can actually live in just in case you get kicked OUT!!!
Old 07-16-2008, 08:58 AM   #8
Rivet Master

NOVA SCOTIA , CANADA
How exciting Sharon.Looking forward to the pics.By the way,congrats on your 25th.

AIR #7916
Ex WBCCI #32083
streamer23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2008, 09:45 AM   #9
Rivet Master

1963 26' Overlander
Austin , Texas
Too funny, Sharon. I think you'll be just fine.

And yes, I was just talking about here on the Forums. I'm sure it feels good to be able to let SOME of your excitement out, but as you've pointed out, now comes the hard part of keeping him from knowing until you're ready for "The Reveal."

Have a great trip, and we're looking forward to seeing pictures and hearing all of the stories.

-Marcus
utee94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2008, 09:47 AM   #10
Pet Sitter Extraordinaire

1989 33' Land Yacht
Chattanooga , Tennessee
You are going to have so much fun! Be sure to share the surprise with all of us. We'll be waiting with anticipation! Happy Anniversary!
kposey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2008, 10:08 AM   #11
Rivet Master

Buckhorn , Ontario
Oh I am running around with head cut off or is that a chicken or something like that.

SNAG!!! 7 pin plug on TV is not wired for new - So I have to play mechanic on the trip.... I called the people who did our wiring for us and got the wires right I hope.

Peter pulled it for a quick match to the LadyBug instead of rewiring the LadyBug last year for me and just never got around to putting the new Umbilical cord in

But I have to yank the plug off and re-wire the plug back to factory spec.

Writing this here so I don't loose it Tee hee and he don't find it

Dark Green (Right Turn) to Brown Terminal
Brown (Running Lights) to Green Terminal
Black (Charge Power) to Black Terminal
(note could also be a Orange Or Red wire but will be heavy gage)
White (Ground) to White Terminal
Blue (Brake) to Blue Terminal
Yellow (Left Turn) to Red Terminal
Light Green (Backup Lights) to Centre Terminal (or Center in the US LOL or middle in Canada)

Okay so as long as the guys have actually wired that to colour code I should be okay.

We have had problems in the past with back up lights cycling through Nuetral and blowing a fuse - so I really hope I do not run into any problems.

Oh question - should I unhook the neg terminal on the battery when I work on this?

Now here is my catch. When I tow solo (now don't tell any of the Silver Sisters out there cause they think I am a rock or have nerves of steel or something like that cause I live north ha ha)

I usually call my Husband every minute on the minute - with most noises bumps and grinds - lights and this and that. So now I have who? - the manual - or is that Manuel - I need to find me a co-pilot for trouble shooting when I leave Jackson Center. NO wait - it is a Saturday I am leaving - I will have Dave Stephs Hubby he is great with his AS - but then all the guys here seem to know their AS's quite well don't they..... A bit of Carry on Gang Humor there....Must get me a supply of CD's with the whole set just loved those movies.....

I will need help with reseting the Prodigy as well - it is set for single axle 3500#'s wet - but this is a dual and a 1000#'s more. Will the factory help me with that? Or I better bring the manual.

So I am writing down this post number now - just incase I loose my little piece of paper with the wiring schematic on it

Thanks for the Happy A's guys - Give me your better half's numbers and I will start hosting seminars on how to please your husband with a bit of (silver) AS....Oh my this is borderline humor -----
Old 07-16-2008, 10:50 AM   #12
Rivet Master

1978 Argosy Minuet 6.7 Metre
1989 29' Excella
Lorain County , Ohio
Send a message via AIM to loudruff Send a message via MSN to loudruff Send a message via Yahoo to loudruff
surprise!

The only thing you need to worry about it that Peter does not have the same idea of surprising you while you are gone!!! You just might end up with MORE silver!!! Oh, I hope he does not raid the piggy bank at the same time!!! LOL
We are looking forward to seeing you!
Lou
Air #2695
TAC- OH 2
#1420 NOVA 4-006 Charter member

loudruff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2008, 06:18 AM   #13
Rivet Master

Buckhorn , Ontario
And So It Begins!!!

Wow - you'all know what 47 - 50 means don't you - the Beginning of lots of things

For it means bloody insomnia - so guess who is starting their day late and running on edrenilin already!!

I was thinking last night - that this thread was not such a good idea as I get e-mail notification....and all of a sudden I got a bunch of e-mails with the title of this thread

So to be on the safe side I set my Mac up with Accounts - one for Hubby that is almost like a big Parent block tee hee.

The reason for the account explained this morning - I don't want to receive 10000's of e-mails while I am away - I will leave them on the server so I can retrieve hence when you just log in then my e-mail will not open....

Such a trusting fellow that of mine...

Peck on the cheeck and pat on the real As* and off he went to work none the ware - yeah ha pulled off this end thus far......

So cheerio - folks I am off.......

Lou - Paula I will call you later today.....Checked with the Hubby on the tire he said if I can get a good deal that I should look at changing it out - does not look the greatest. Still not a suspicious bone in his body

Steph - see you in a couple of days - Saturday is still on for me......

PS I think - that since our first Airstream was MoonBeam - and this will be our first "New" trailer - then she shall be called MoonBeam-too - Besides she has the blue theme and I still have all my tricking out stuff from the earlier MB..........

OH and PS - I broke down and signed back up to WBCCI!!!!! - yep both memberships 1961 will be our main number and we have kept the 1963 to stay with the LadyBug....

Just thought heck - got to keep in the loop if we are really going to Camp!!! now
Old 07-17-2008, 07:35 AM   #14
Rivet Master

2012 25' FB Eddie Bauer
Vintage Kin Owner
Virginia Beach , Virginia
Let us all pray for sharon. She is clearly 10 meters off the pavement and flying that high will affect her traction.

I'm in Akron Ohio-couldn't see staying in JC watching rivets grow on the CCD. Hopefully we will all meet up somewhere in this neighborhood toinght if Sharon doesn't collapse before she gets here. NO sleep last nightisn't a good omen.

Paula
Old 07-17-2008, 08:26 AM   #15
Rivet Master

2007 23' International CCD
Lapeer , Michigan
KEWL, look what you gals schemed up! Thank heavens you have only used your powers for good! Lucy and Ethel would be proud. Now just don't carry too many bottles of port and a collection of rocks over hill and dale or we will be seeing you on You Tube in the sequel to The Long, Long Trailer!!!

Seriously, Happy Anniversary! And Peter is a lucky guy. Love the surprise of it too.

Have fun, safe travels, and looking forward to seeing Moonbeam 2. I wonder which will be shiniest, the CCD or your smile! Congratulations!!!

(Do you think you can get Wally's anodized "Stella" for your 50th????? )

photography
wheel interested is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2008, 09:08 AM   #16
Rivet Master

2012 25' FB Eddie Bauer
Vintage Kin Owner
Virginia Beach , Virginia
All Hail Azflycaster!

My password problem is fixed by Az!. So now I can at least get a bit better response. I forgot to mention, my home computer has a wide screen and the laptop, not. What a mess that makes for cursor management.

It's so good to be on directly.

I'm visiting my Sister and Niece and grand nephews today. I hope Sharon and Lou/Larry will be able to call me as they are planning to meet for dinner tonight. I'm very much in their neighborhood being in west Akron OH. I'm planning to go back to JC tomorrow morning where the last work will be getting finished on "Moonbeam Too" before I sign the title over to Sharon.

I wanted to get on the inside and freshen it up as it's been unused for six months - in storage, but the guys in service had a bit of a problem with me rocking the boat while they were working on her. Sharon will find new midline wrap, over treated filoform on the midline and new tailights - I'm keeping the old ones and will polish the filoform off of them just to have as spares in case the ones on my 25 FB SE start to corrode - Since I knew it was a potential problem on them, I triple coated wax on them when brand new, and repeat that after every wash (yes about 2 times a year if I'm lucky).

When I went inside the 22 there were tiny spider webs, a fine coating of dust, etc. Nothing UCK except the spiderweb I got in my mouth - ptuu!

I just want to wipe down the aluminum with warm water and a microfiber towel, and wipe down table counters, windows, desk, refrigerator. Throwing out the down comforter is also a possibility. Featherlets everywhere!

Sister here now. Going out. Loudruff, call me - sent you a pm with my phone.

Paula
Old 07-17-2008, 09:21 PM   #17
Rivet Master

Buckhorn , Ontario
Arrived safe and sound....

Well had a great day nice quiet drive and got all that I had planned done.

Left a little late - hmmm could not sleep hmmmm why - trying to keep all the little white lies straight.

Like today I talked to the Goodyear fellow asked him to look at my tire - he said it was fine - so when I checked in with Peter I just blurted out - They said it was fine and I did tell him that I would be trailering - oh wow good thing I stopped at that. Peter would just think LadyBug upon my return.

Then I almost said I got a good price on a new pooper hose package and chocks along with a dogbone for driveway camping....like what was I thinking - I have to watch everything I am thinking now....

I made really good time from Hamburg NY to Lou and Larry's - Had a nice dinner - got the tour of Lou's amazing craft/stamping workshop - incredible!

Border crossing was a record 3 minutes with only a couple of questions - but ended up on the box of wine I had in the car - and the purpose of your visit. I decided to not mention the trailer and just the Girl Friend visit and listed the places I was going.

Well off to bed now for some serious shut eye - tomorrow is probably going to be the best day of my life - okay maybe a close second.

Carol speaking of grins - I think it just migh be comparable to my wedding day - my dimples ached for the whole honeymoon.

Now if I could swing it it would be nice to drive him down to Mexico for the Honeymoon redo

WOW Paula - a new waist line you truly are a miracle woman Peter will most certainly thank you for the new lights!!! (me too but the lights are a guy thing)If you need assistance cleaning I put my little shark in the car - we have to suck those spiders out for sure

I have a pair of white gloves with me for the inspection.

I will need to take my car to the wash before I hook up to the MOONBEAMTOO - she is covered in billions of BUGS.

We must not dilly tomorrow cause the morning will be gone traveling and I still need to get the plug done - or you and I will be playing RV technician - and I have a feeling after we get into the wine and the port - we might have everyones trailer re-wired at the terra port by the time we finish...
Old 07-17-2008, 09:25 PM   #18
Rivet Master

Buckhorn , Ontario
Quote:
Originally Posted by wheel interested View Post

Seriously, Happy Anniversary! And Peter is a lucky guy. Love the surprise of it too.

(Do you think you can get Wally's anodized "Stella" for your 50th????? )
Thanks Carol - I will be sure to pass your Happy's on to Peter when I can

Maybe if I start working on the Stella - trailer I just might pull that one off too

I just can not imagine what life will be like when I am 71....
Old 07-17-2008, 09:31 PM   #19
We can tow it!

1996 28' Excella
Where the water tastes like wine , Michigan
Talking Cats outta the bag huh?

Looking forward to seeing you Sharon!! Drop us a line if you think you want something grilled Sat night for dinner! Regards to Lou, Suz, Paula, and any other rivettes on the ccd anniversary trail!
Old 07-17-2008, 10:07 PM   #20
Rivet Master

Buckhorn , Ontario
Quote:
Originally Posted by tin sista View Post
Looking forward to seeing you Sharon!! Drop us a line if you think you want something grilled Sat night for dinner! Regards to Lou, Suz, Paula, and any other rivettes on the ccd anniversary trail!

Hey there is the true part of the cover story - My Kayaking Partner!!!

Can't wait to see you Steph.

Still waiting to See Paula too -

I just got showered by Lou and Larry - with a bucket full of goodies - like a CCD care package - these two are really special!! thanks every so much for your fabulous Hospitality and kindness - how will I ever return the kindness...

Laritta if I could I would call up Peter to take that AC off the Ladybug and install it tomorrow for you....

If there is anything we can do for you both - you be sure to let us know - and we really hope that you will come up and visit us soon.

Steph a Saturday Grill sounds perfect!!!! You provide the grill and I will pick up the grilling when I arrive.

PS Steph I will need you to help me back in - it has been awhile since I backed a tandem...the single axle is a piece of cake...

Okay so tomorrow which is in about 5 minutes is the big day - the sign over and the "reveal" to me tee hee - I will try to act as surprised as i possibly can - and one of the reasons I ain't going no where - it calls for at least one bottle of merlot to be christened - and I am glad I have a Silver Sister to share a great moment with....Thanks again Paula - you really are a sweet heart for doing all that you have to make this happen so quick for Peter and I.

I will be sure to tuck you in and put a mint on your pillow!!

By the way who gets the bed and who gets the dinette Need to hit a Wal-Mart for some bedding??? I forgot my pillow - and will need a memory foam for that sausage bed as some have refered to it as

How will I sleep tonight - counting silver airstreams for sure....

In a way it is a little sad that Peter is not here with me for the signing. I am one day away and I am missing you already!!!

Tags
2005 international