Free 7 Day Trial RV GPS App RV Trip Planner Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-10-2008, 11:04 PM   #161
Rivet Master

1964 22' Safari
SACRAMENTO , California
Hi,

Today is our wedding anniversary!!..we went to the 'city by the bay'..San Francisco, walked around the shops in Chinatown, and had dim sum in the restaurant..just got back from dinner w/a couple we've known since our college years..ate at Scott's Seafood Bar and Grill..great fillet mignon..I know, it's a seafood place, but the dish was delicious w/garlic mashed potatoes, crispy oninon rings, mushrooms w/gravy, and green beans.
codybear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2008, 11:59 PM   #162
Rivet Master

2007 23' International CCD
Lapeer , Michigan
Happy mutual Anniversaries Paula and Steve and Sharon and Peter, seems romance is in the air!

photography
wheel interested is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2008, 07:32 AM   #163
Rivet Master

1995 30' Limited
Ashland , Missouri
Paula, what a fun way to spend your anniversary, in San Fran! The last time I was in San Francisco, I had dim sum with friends in Chinatown also-a delightful, relaxing, and always surprising experience as we opened the little boxes to see what yummy morsels might be inside. Congratulations to all of you celebrating years together...ours will be 45 in October. ~G
Chev Silverado 2500HD Duramax/Allison, 4X4, Crew Cab
WBCCI #5013 AIR #2908
WDCU
Go, Mizzou...Tigers on the prowl!
maxandgeorgia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2008, 07:49 AM   #164
Miss Rivette

1965 17' Caravel
Hell , Michigan
Send a message via AIM to airedale Send a message via MSN to airedale Send a message via Yahoo to airedale
Quote:
Originally Posted by wheel interested View Post
Happy mutual Anniversaries Paula and Steve and Sharon and Peter, seems romance is in the air!

Really, where? Can I get some of that!!!
Operation "SAVE RUDY" Strike Team (Charter Member)

Check Out My New Airstream Blog
airedale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2008, 09:01 AM   #165
Rivet Master

2005 22' International CCD
Buckhorn , Ontario
Quote:
Originally Posted by airedale View Post
Really, where? Can I get some of that!!!

Can't remember where Paula caught her fella - but you are now in the right place for some serious shopping....College

Laura don't look for it - Love will broad side you soon enough and when you least expect it....

Oh yeah my point was College - yep that is where I snagged my catch....in the nick of time - Graduation day!!! was not about to let him go - he crossed my path - decided he was the one and called him!!! - Ladies there is no shame!! Grab what you want - they always do
05ModPod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2008, 09:44 AM   #166
Rivet Master

1964 22' Safari
SACRAMENTO , California
It was that eerie night in October, when bats were swoopin', goblins were full of spirit, and pumpkins were all aglow at a party that fortuitous nite where I met my future fella for life, as I stood shyly against a wall and under the lampshade!!. (as I vaguely remember)..oh, and the party did get raided..the neighbors didn't like all the music and noise.
codybear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2008, 11:52 AM   #167
Rivet Master

Buckhorn , Ontario
OMG....Paula Ford that is...

Okay I used to be a strong woman - I have to be to live up here in the semi north...

But hell girl - even with a seat belt contraption that bed is heavier than all get go!!!

It is still way too hard for me - Hubby likes it - but if I put a 2 inch memory foam on there it is running me above the window rods - I think I am going to have to change the puppy out.

I know it is like brand new and barely used and custom and all... so thought I would ask if you might want it back.

In the interim have to find me a place to get a much lighter and softer pillow top mattress - anyone out there know of the best rout to go???

Front Bedroom twin is what she would be or barely a double for that matter. Paula had a good idea to round all four corner so you could flip the bed in all directions - but heck after about 7 years before a foam would wear I think I would just get a new one again...

Anyone know of a custom mattress maker? - Paula that deals with lightweigh foam instead of heavy springs?
Old 09-11-2008, 11:25 PM   #168
Rivet Master

2012 25' FB Eddie Bauer
Vintage Kin Owner
Virginia Beach , Virginia
Hey girl - NO I don't want it back. I have a queen now.

Learned from getting that innerspring - replaced my mattress in the 25 FB too, but went with 7 inch thick foam instead of an inner spring. They initially tried to sell me a 12 inch thick foam mattress, then admitted that they did 7 inch ones for the military, so I chose the thinner one.

Here's the thing - real latex, Real HEAVY
The other kind - less heavy but still hefty in 12 inch thick
Pretty darned light in 7 inch but not as plushy. You like a softer mattress, so go with the seven inch, and have a separate topper. That way you can flip the mattress if you want, and if the soft topper starts to get too soft you can replace it but keep the mattress.

The place I got it was called "The Original Mattress Factory" - I am not sure whether they have a website, but I do know they have many stores. Any in Canada? Not sure. It really doesn't cost that much more than a standard to have a custom one made, especially in foam.

You can make a pattern on butcher paper or something else stiff, and take it in, then drive the Airstream to the store to put the new mattress in.

Sell the old one on the classifieds. To a Frickin' WEIGHT LIFTER!

Or.... Let PETER make the bed

Paula
Old 09-12-2008, 05:56 AM   #169
Rivet Master

Lapeer , Michigan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Foiled Again View Post
Or.... Let PETER make the bed

Paula
Bingo, you are a genius! ROFL

photography
Old 09-17-2008, 06:24 AM   #170
Site Team

2002 25' Safari
Dewey , Arizona
Jan and I join the club as we are celebrating our 25th today. I looked outside and no new trailer for me. We love out 75 and we love each other. Life is good...
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2295.JPG
Views:	101
Size:	362.4 KB
ID:	67573  

Richard

Wally Byam Airstream Club 7513
azflycaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2008, 06:30 AM   #171
Rivet Master

Buckhorn , Ontario
Quote:
Originally Posted by azflycaster View Post
Jan and I join the club as we are celebrating our 25th today. I looked outside and no new trailer for me. We love out 75 and we love each other. Life is good...
Congratulations!

To keep the peach Jan you and I need to have a chat

I am terribly sorry Richard there seems to be some sort of terrible communication breakdown between the AS factory and your address...

Does that make you feel a little better....

I could send Peter over with the ModPod for a special weekend and you could pretend...Hey thought would be a cool prospect - Airstream Inc. sending out loaner trailers for existing AS owners for special occasions
Old 09-17-2008, 10:23 AM   #172
Rivet Master

Lapeer , Michigan
Great shot Richard! Looking good. Happy 25th to you and Jan!

photography
Old 09-23-2008, 06:43 AM   #173
Rivet Master

Buckhorn , Ontario
Well enough of bed making and anniversaries I am way behind on our eastern trip

Where did we leave off...way back at Freeport Maine I think at none other than L.L Bean - to pick up Peter's Birthday Present. The least I could do since he just bought me an Airstream - or I keep forgetting the word US! and and "our" Airstream

Name:	DSC_3595.jpg
Views:	77
Size:	185.3 KB
ID:	67844

All packed up and with a slight delay leaving Recompence Campground we were on our way...

Name:	DSC_3681.jpg
Views:	82
Size:	270.1 KB
ID:	67845

...and it was a beautiful Sunny Day after about 4 days of rain thus far.

Name:	DSC_3712.jpg
Views:	76
Size:	71.0 KB
ID:	67846Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_3740.jpg
Views:	75
Size:	123.9 KB
ID:	67847

We were headed to Fundy National Park when the phone wrang and it was Gary and Jane - we had been just missing each other but managed to hook up at Cobs Cook State Park.

Name:	DSC_3898.jpg
Views:	72
Size:	252.0 KB
ID:	67848

Beautiful Park, fab scenery - not the greatest "Seashore" other than big tides....and a tad expensive for no hook ups.

Name:	DSC_3901.jpg
Views:	83
Size:	276.6 KB
ID:	67849
And we learned that a U beside a site number means Pull Through
Early morning brought in more clouds and forecast for more rain.
Old 09-23-2008, 07:09 AM   #174
Rivet Master

Buckhorn , Ontario
It was a great visit with Gary and Jane. Although we had eaten already they invited us for dinner..so we brought the Port instead for after dinner night caps.

Not sure what it is with Women and Frying Pans. Peter does not make the bed but he sure does do the cooking and the dishes...

Name:	DSC_3882.jpg
Size:	128.5 KB
ID:	67850

A quick good morning and we set to in getting underway to Fundy National Park and a "Border Crossing".

Name:	DSC_3889.jpg
Views:	74
Size:	183.3 KB
ID:	67851

Now I don't know if anyone has had the pleasure of following Gary and Jane. They sure do have an unorthodox way of traveling....they stop and they stop and they stopI will let you ask them what they are up to as it is a secret until the work of art is finished.....

Name:	DSC_3920_2.jpg
Size:	156.0 KB
ID:	67854Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_3914.jpg
Size:	111.2 KB
ID:	67852

The border came and went for us as Gary and Jane actually crossed it....we stopped for gas and decided to head up the wrong way on #1 - who needs GPS anyway look at all the fun you miss...needless to say we lost Gary and Jane....with their phone turned off because their US phone is too expensive in Canada and our phone turned off because our Canadian phone is too expensive in the US we were dead in the water in even touching base...so minds wondered for several days

PS Gary - cute "red light district"
Old 09-23-2008, 07:47 AM   #175
Rivet Master

Buckhorn , Ontario
We came very close to skipping Fundy National Park and heading straight to the Beaches of PEI. But second thoughts were to stick with our semi original plan of spending two days.

We took several scenic off shoots along the way putting us into the park between 7-8 just before dusk turned to darkness - a real habit of ours...having so much fun on the road we forget to get into where we are going before dark. Makes for fun parking of trailer at night and amongst trees....Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_3977.jpg
Views:	87
Size:	118.8 KB
ID:	67855

It was getting darker and we were still out touring the back roads almost getting into a jack knife situation to get out of one dead end - I had had enough so back on the highway and peddle to the metal..

Driving into the Park we thought we had reach Northern Ontario - where the is NOTHING For miles....Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_4005.jpg
Views:	73
Size:	113.5 KB
ID:	67856

We got into the camp just before dark and settled in nicely - got our barring had a nice meal (with everything still working perfect in the trailer).

Next morning brought a beautiful sunny and warm day - a perfect day to get out in the park and have some fun exploring the trails and walking the beach at low tied.

Name:	DSC_4014.jpg
Size:	284.7 KB
ID:	67857

And this would be as far as we got - I had moved the car out of the sun and ready to load up the dogs and snacks for the day - we all piled in and turned the key and nada she was not working, Good battery, good spark but we were not getting any fuel. The familiar sound of the fuel pump was distracted by the sounds of the forest....So we spent the day unloading everything out of the car and the yaks too in prep for our car being taken away By CAA - Thank goodness we have the supreme package as she had to be towed over 140klm away to Moncton to be repaired.

Our weekend at Fundy National Park ended up being "FNP"

We did however, as we waved good - bye to our car Gary and Jane were coming in and thought we were waving at them - it was just so to funny. We got to spend a bit more time with them in Alma - a chance meeting. As the Lady at the gate lent us her Van to get some much needed supplies.

You see it would have taken us 30 seconds to get to Alma by bike and probably 4 days to get back up the hill Again we lost touch with Gary and Jane with unconfirmed plans. Annie and Marvin had changed their plans to swing into the Park for the night to see if they could help us out in anyway. Unfortunately we could not talk them into buying a new tow vehicle for us.

The next morning they headed off to PEI as did Gary and Jane...We enjoyed the day doing laundry and riding around the campground a 100 times -dogs got lots of walking too.

Monday rolled around and yet another gorgeous day - I lost the toss so it was me heading to pick up the car. Once again Linda the Gate Keeper saved the day and was heading into Moncton so I could hitch a ride with her. We had a great morning and did lunch and some shopping. She was heading to get her passport photo for her big trip with the gals to New York in a month. For my huge gratitude to all her kindness I was able to unload several of my "greenbacks" I would no longer need.

Not too many photos of the park I am afraid - on the list for next time.

The TV was finally ready around 5:00 so it was a rush to get back to the park and load up and head out to the Rally. We had already lost 2 days and with the WBCCI block Rally fees - we were really getting short changed. We arrived at 12 midnight. Tired grumpy and hungry....

But all that changed within seconds of the welcoming committee invading our ModPod, bearing gifts of food and night caps...our neighbours were not too impressed

Name:	DSC_4353.jpg
Size:	240.6 KB
ID:	67858

Nice parking job if I don't say so myself. Now at the best of times it is not an easy calm parking when you have so many Airstreams to potentially hit. Do it at night but then they had to throw in a few other obstacles too - like watch the kiddy play ground, come around this tree and back it up between those trees and that Airstream.....I think it was a huge test and I do believe since I was so tired and did not care anymore the sooner I got her done the better - (has anyone heard of first time LUCK!!!!) it weren't skill folks it was pure luck - I could not see a thing and went on memory on my first glance at where they were all telling me to park.

But the best part was - as we turned off the keys it was like a 100 little elfs came out and did all our unhitching for us while we went in and turned on the lights to ModPod for her to receive an onslaught of guests - it was great!!! never had an experience like it in all my life.....and no pictures to prove it neither

That Atlantic Unit and Region 1 sure do put on a classy event - but let me rephrase that - it did not seem like a WBCCI event at all - we missed all the hype and stuff - or maybe they just don't make such a big deal.

Biggest news of the weekend and of course "politics" ruins everything....well not even worth a mention cause it had absolutely no effect on 99.9% of the people there....Just gave a lot of people an even more sour taste of what WBCCI is becoming or better stated has become....all about politics...

Lots of side discussions but nothing that distracted from having a great time.
Old 09-23-2008, 08:00 AM   #176
Rivet Master

1963 26' Overlander
Austin , Texas
Sharon, it is so great to see how much you are enjoying your new trailer. Who needs a stinky old vintage rig anyway???

Just kidding, of course.

-Marcus
utee94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2008, 08:04 AM   #177
Rivet Master

Buckhorn , Ontario
The Rally

Lots of fun people, a bit of sightseeing, and great times and FOOD...

Name:	DSC_4739.jpg
Views:	71
Size:	116.6 KB
ID:	67869

Name:	DSC_4409.jpg
Views:	79
Size:	163.6 KB
ID:	67866

Name:	DSC_4677.jpg
Size:	103.3 KB
ID:	67868

Name:	DSC_4403.jpg
Views:	74
Size:	165.1 KB
ID:	67865

Name:	DSC_4729.jpg
Views:	85
Size:	140.9 KB
ID:	67863

Name:	DSC_4711.jpg
Views:	81
Size:	230.3 KB
ID:	67861

Name:	DSC_4676.jpg
Size:	161.1 KB
ID:	67867

Name:	DSC_4726.jpg
Size:	161.5 KB
ID:	67862

Name:	DSC_4400.jpg
Size:	219.3 KB
ID:	67864

Name:	DSC_4678.jpg
Size:	117.3 KB
ID:	67870
Old 09-23-2008, 08:14 AM   #178
Rivet Master

Buckhorn , Ontario
The Rally Continued...

I guess the photos tell it all.....and so then end of a fabulous time at our first ever Region Rally ended.....

Name:	DSC_4816.jpg
Views:	84
Size:	214.4 KB
ID:	67875

Name:	DSC_4641.jpg
Size:	147.4 KB
ID:	67876

Name:	DSC_4633.jpg
Size:	87.5 KB
ID:	67879

Name:	DSC_4734.jpg
Views:	70
Size:	133.1 KB
ID:	67872

Name:	DSC_4738.jpg
Views:	96
Size:	138.0 KB
ID:	67873

Name:	DSC_4864.jpg
Size:	168.9 KB
ID:	67874

Name:	DSC_4469.jpg
Views:	98
Size:	149.9 KB
ID:	67878

Name:	DSC_4639.jpg
Views:	70
Size:	161.8 KB
ID:	67880

Name:	DSC_4731.jpg
Views:	71
Size:	192.5 KB
ID:	67871

Name:	DSC_4420.jpg
Size:	126.4 KB
ID:	67877
Old 09-23-2008, 08:46 AM   #179
Rivet Master

Buckhorn , Ontario
But the Holiday was really just beginning...

Now it was time to really see, taste and experience some of the Island...

We headed in the direction of the North Cape - but before we left we were told in no uncertain terms that we MUST stop in to see Dave and Diane on the way off the Island.

Stayed at Jacque Cartier Provincial Park

Name:	DSC_5458.jpg
Size:	335.4 KB
ID:	67886
On one of our mornings we woke up to a new meaning of an empty Cooler....I am so glad that I decided to put all the expensive stuff in the fridge and the cooler only had a bottle of diet coke in it - now that was an expensive bottle of coke!! Also glad the hulligans did not make off with the power unit they are not cheap either.

Name:	DSC_5484.jpg
Size:	247.2 KB
ID:	67887

But the views of our day trip smoothed over the only poor mishap on our whole trip....and well the price of booze on the island - I might just be inclined to snap up a few coolers for the last party just before going back to school myself in those days - just kidding never a nice thing to have something stolen...

Name:	DSC_5195.jpg
Size:	106.7 KB
ID:	67893Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_5204.jpg
Views:	88
Size:	89.6 KB
ID:	67892

We tried desperately to find some fresh lobster or any seafood but it was Sunday and the north part of the island - either all were in church or sleeping or out in their boats...

Name:	DSC_5055.jpg
Size:	164.4 KB
ID:	67881
Had a nice walk around the campground too to find an Airstream Wannabee

Name:	DSC_5455.jpg
Views:	78
Size:	127.9 KB
ID:	67884
And a bit of a jaunt on the beech - but not a very good beach at the time - a big storm they had had a few weeks back had brought in truck loads of kelp and that stuff stinks if not removed...It was much less the park staff explained and that it would take a few more weeks to clear up. (by then the winter storms will be coming in )

Name:	DSC_5065.jpg
Views:	80
Size:	214.9 KB
ID:	67882
Old 09-23-2008, 09:02 AM   #180
Rivet Master

Buckhorn , Ontario
Island tour continued...

Took lots of those tourist type pictures...me in front of this and that and Peter in front of this and that...I also have some really nice shots of the Island which I am saving for my personal Gallery on another site...I will post a link when they are uploaded.

Name:	DSC_5332.jpg
Size:	137.7 KB
ID:	67894

Our tour of the north part of the Island was great it was almost like it was deserted with hardly a soul to be found.

Our next morning we were actually up early enough to catch a bit of the sunrise...or should I say Taz woke us up for breakfast and sticking her nose through the curtains to reveal a beautiful sky and yet another great sunny day ahead.

Name:	DSC_5161_2.jpg
Views:	87
Size:	88.3 KB
ID:	67897

Name:	DSC_5130.jpg
Views:	69
Size:	183.7 KB
ID:	67896

Name:	DSC_5093_2.jpg
Size:	99.8 KB
ID:	67895

Once again we broke camp and headed East. We could not do a drive by and really wanted to see Dave and Diane one last time. We had every intension of making tracks and heading to the Cabot Trail...BUT....this happened instead...

An "after glow" mini Rally overlooking the expanse of the Northumberland Straights

Name:	DSC_5508.jpg
Size:	133.0 KB
ID:	67898

Name:	DSC_5643.jpg
Views:	69
Size:	163.5 KB
ID:	67903

Walks on the beach where dogs could run and splash to their hearts content

Name:	DSC_5533.jpg
Size:	154.4 KB
ID:	67899
And the MOTHER LOAD!!! We ate lobster until our guts busted YUM YUM YUM!!!!

Name:	DSC_5550.jpg
Size:	162.7 KB
ID:	67902

Name:	DSC_5545.jpg
Views:	85
Size:	233.2 KB
ID:	67901

It was even fun going to the Warf to get the little snappers - I never knew a lobster could hack your finger clean off - did you? And Look who needs a gun on the Island when you have Dave and his friendly finger hacking creatures...

Name:	DSC_5544.jpg
Size:	161.2 KB
ID:	67900

Tags
2005 international