Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Knowledgebase > Airstream Motorhome Forums > Sprinter and B-van Forum
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 08-10-2020, 05:36 PM   #1

2013 23' FB International
Galloway , Ohio
Question Interstate Fusion radio proble,s

Any one else having bad luck with their Fusion radio in an Interstate. Drained truck battery once overnight, turns on and off whenever. Two trips to factory and replaced once but still wonky. Factory did good job, I think it is just poor radio.
mercatroid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2020, 05:51 PM   #2
Contributing Member

2018 Interstate Grand Tour Ext
Austin (Hays County) , Texas
The Fusion never totally turns off. Many of us have installed switches in the blanks on the dash to totally kill the Fusion when it is not in use. Matching Mercedes switches are available on the net. You have to interrupt both the red and yellow power wires ... one is coach battery and one is chassis battery.

Do a search on the forum for switch part numbers.
WBCCI #9632
Pahaska is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2020, 06:32 PM   #3
3 Rivet Member

Currently Looking...
2016 Interstate Grand Tour Ext
Traverse City , Michigan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pahaska View Post
The Fusion never totally turns off. Many of us have installed switches in the blanks on the dash to totally kill the Fusion when it is not in use. Matching Mercedes switches are available on the net. You have to interrupt both the red and yellow power wires ... one is coach battery and one is chassis battery.

Do a search on the forum for switch part numbers.
My next project. Just need to get the toggles.
Heckler56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2020, 12:24 AM   #4
4 Rivet Member

2020 27' Globetrotter
2019 Interstate Lounge Ext
Jackson Hole - Tetons , Wyoming
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heckler56 View Post
My next project. Just need to get the toggles.

If you choose not to install the matching toggle switches, you have other options.

Our kill switches for the Fusion, on different vans we’ve owned, is always a simple rocker located in the secret compartment (above Fusion). Simple to wire and get to when necessary.
ScottP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2020, 07:23 AM   #5
3 Rivet Member

2017 Interstate Grand Tour Ext
Madison , WISCONSIN
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottP View Post
If you choose not to install the matching toggle switches, you have other options.

Our kill switches for the Fusion, on different vans we’ve owned, is always a simple rocker located in the secret compartment (above Fusion). Simple to wire and get to when necessary.
Do you use a DPDT switch or two switches? Is this spot easier to get to the wires that you splice the switch into?
Old 08-15-2020, 04:07 PM   #6
3 Rivet Member

Currently Looking...
2016 Interstate Grand Tour Ext
Traverse City , Michigan
So I pulled the radio and started evaluating what I need to do to create the two toggle switches. I noticed a red wire and a yellow wire, both were spliced to different colors heading into the dash. Since both the red and yellow lead into the same wire harness in the back of the radio I pulled the plug and watched my battery monitor to see how much power this thing uses. Nothing, then I noticed the red light on the front of the unit was still blinking. So I pulled that harness that had one odd colored wire and a cut wire. Then the light stopped blinking.

Looked at my battery monitor. Battery drain went from 0.4 to 0.54, WTH. So I am guessing my steady battery drain is the Magnum?
Heckler56 is offline   Reply With Quote