Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-02-2017, 04:50 AM   #1
1 Rivet Member

2017 Interstate Grand Tour Ext
Charleston , South Carolina
Fusion radio controls issue

For some reason, the right side controls on the Interstate GT steering wheel that allow for volume changes on the Fusion radio no longer work. The phone controls on the wheel never have worked, but I assumed, perhaps wrongly, that this feature was not possible with Fusion. However, the right side wheel controls work fine for changing settings on the standard Mercedes dash settings.

I've exchanged notes with the Fusion rep directly and he has tried to be very helpful. I pulled the Fusion from the dash and do not see anything disconnected. I reset the setting on the radio in the CAN bus to PSM as he instructed. And, I did a soft reset of the radio. Any ideas from the forum as to the source of the problem?
mrgolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2017, 06:47 AM   #2
3 Rivet Member

2000 25' Safari
Denver , North Carolina
Ground ?

First of all congratulations on getting a response from Fusion. I have never gotten a response from them. My suggestion is to check grounds. They seem to have the ability to be intermittent if not attached well.
mbubbaca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2017, 09:49 AM   #3
Rivet Master

2017 Interstate Lounge Ext
Northern , California
You say the steering wheel volume controls "no longer work". Can I take that to mean they worked at one time and stopped working? If so, did you do anything with the Fusion between the working and not-working period, like upgrade the firmware? Speaking of which, have you upgraded your unit to the latest revision (3.1, just came out 3 days ago!!!)?

Re. not working with the phone, silly question but is your phone connected via Bluetooth and if so, when you go into the Fusion Settings menu for Bluetooth and select your phone, does it show two Bluetooth profiles or just one? It should say that it has Hands Free and one other, I think it's Audio, or Multimedia, I can't remember exactly. The important one for the phone is Hands Free.

P.S. You can find the latest Fusion firmware here:
https://fusionentertainment.com/life...upport/updates
FlyFishinRVr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2017, 10:10 AM   #4
SWH
4 Rivet Member

2021 Interstate 24GT
Cordova , Tennessee
I have had the steering wheel controls stop working but when resetting the system (cutting power and turning back on - which requires both ignition off and coach battery disconnect on) operation was restored. Also if Fusion is running off coach batteries with ignition off the steering wheel controls won't work. It doesn't sound like either of these observations will be helpful to you but thought I'd throw out in case it helps others.
SWH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2017, 08:34 PM   #5
1 Rivet Member

2017 Interstate Grand Tour Ext
Charleston , South Carolina
Thanks for the various suggestions. I had updated to 3.0 for Fusion, but the Fusion rep was confident that this had nothing to do with my issue. Today, I did try to download and install the 3.1 update but the files didn't seem to be in the three file format quoted in the instructions. I followed their instructions for the using an SD card, which were the same for the successful 2.9 and 3.0 updates, but in this case the folder downloaded did not seem to populate in the format recognized by the radio. Have others successfully installed 3.1? What am I missing here?
mrgolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2017, 10:06 PM   #6
Rivet Master

2017 Interstate Lounge Ext
Northern , California
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrgolf View Post
Thanks for the various suggestions. I had updated to 3.0 for Fusion, but the Fusion rep was confident that this had nothing to do with my issue. Today, I did try to download and install the 3.1 update but the files didn't seem to be in the three file format quoted in the instructions. I followed their instructions for the using an SD card, which were the same for the successful 2.9 and 3.0 updates, but in this case the folder downloaded did not seem to populate in the format recognized by the radio. Have others successfully installed 3.1? What am I missing here?
I noticed the same thing after I downloaded the update and unzipped it. Seems Fusion screwed up the update and we'll have to wait for them to fix it. I called them and left a message (because why would they answer their phone.....) and also left them a detailed email on the problem. We'll see how long it takes them to pull the zip down and rebuild it.....
FlyFishinRVr is offline   Reply With Quote