Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > The Rally Zone > Forum Rallies & Meet Ups
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 02-14-2010, 08:34 PM   #2701
Rivet Master

2007 25' Safari FB SE
Santa Cruz , California
OK we just had to chop down my favorite oak tree which has had no leaves for 2 years. (No! It's not dead, just dormant!) So what better use for this lovely wood than to go to creating a comforting fire for some dear silver sisters in need of some warmth. I'm tossing on a big log.
Sharon and Carol, you both have been such inspirations to me since discovering this forum about 3 years ago. Your humor, insight, and quick wit and amazing generosity never wane no matter what you're going through. My heart is with you both, and I have supreme confidence that your strengths will prevail. Thank you for being there, and for keeping us in your lives.
Much love.
Old 02-14-2010, 08:36 PM   #2702
Rivet Master

2007 23' International CCD
Lapeer , Michigan
guess it's just you and me Sharon.

Have you written any music recently? You are such a gifted musician. I really enjoy the music set you made me. I wonder if you will make a web site and offer music cds. They are certainly beautiful. Right now you might be able to make some very expressive melodies and encourage you. You have great strength and ability.

I looked for some poem to post and couldn't find any. Dang. Well if you find one post it for me then!

How about some more Carolans in that coffee, Sharon? I think the fire is going pretty good.

photography
wheel interested is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2010, 08:39 PM   #2703
Rivet Master

Lapeer , Michigan
Yipee! Hey Janet's here. Let's get this party started now.

Such warm words and special logs to add to heart and hearth, we are going to come through this, all of us together, just fine. Thank you Janet.

photography
Old 02-14-2010, 09:00 PM   #2704
Rivet Master

2005 22' Safari
Gresham , Oregon
As all of us faces our own challenges, we also know other have to face theirs. I find great encouragement here around the fire. The friendship, although online, is very comforting to me. Thanks to all, Cheers and I raise my glass to all of you lovely ladies. Someday our paths may cross in person, until then keep this thread alive.
sempi2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2010, 09:19 PM   #2705
Rivet Master

Lapeer , Michigan
Quote:
Originally Posted by sempi2 View Post
As all of us faces our own challenges, we also know other have to face theirs. I find great encouragement here around the fire. The friendship, although online, is very comforting to me. Thanks to all, Cheers and I raise my glass to all of you lovely ladies. Someday our paths may cross in person, until then keep this thread alive.
Cheers! And right back at you.

Click image for larger version

Name:	rose-the-riveter.jpg
Views:	119
Size:	16.5 KB
ID:	96192

We Can Do It!

Name:	rosieasp.jpg
Views:	87
Size:	181.0 KB
ID:	96193

And Think Spring!!! And an end to these cold grey snowy North Eastern winter days.

Name:	pastedGraphic.jpg
Views:	123
Size:	83.1 KB
ID:	96194

photography
Old 02-14-2010, 10:01 PM   #2706
Rivet Master

1978 Argosy Minuet 6.7 Metre
1989 29' Excella
Lorain County , Ohio
Send a message via AIM to loudruff Send a message via MSN to loudruff Send a message via Yahoo to loudruff
better

Sharon, I am so sorry to hear that Peter's health issues are slowing you down. I am also glad that he has such a great support system. I hate that you had to quit school because you had the excitement and you were doing so well. I will cross my fingers and say my prayers that you will be able to go back after it when Peter is back on his feet and your little personal battles are a little better.

Pass the marshmallows! The virtual kind is the only kind I can really eat now since I am diabetic. LOL!! It is so hard to behave with all the hot chocolate and goodies that we all bring to this fire. Guess I will have to break out my peanuts and share.
Air #2695
TAC- OH 2
#1420 NOVA 4-006 Charter member

loudruff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2010, 10:53 PM   #2707
Rivet Master

2005 22' Safari
Gresham , Oregon
Wow!!! How many diabetics do we have here, both male and female????????????? We both are - diet and exercise controlled at this point. We are both off our diabetes meds. But also know that we are only one blood test away from more pills. Still have a treat now and again, but for the most part white is out.
sempi2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2010, 05:56 AM   #2708
Rivet Master

1979 30' Argosy
Havelock , where we park it
Good morning to everyone.... Well Feb. is nearly half gone and spring is just around the corner. Camping is not toooooooooo far away. Sharon and Peter, hopefully we will be able to get some camping in, even boondocking at your place sometime. Hope that good health finds everyone and prayers to others who are need for any reason.
WBCCI 10103
"Happiness is a warm Puppy" Charles Schulz
Happycampers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2010, 05:48 PM   #2709
Rivet Master

2005 22' International CCD
Buckhorn , Ontario
Quote:
Originally Posted by wheel interested View Post
guess it's just you and me Sharon.
Oh dang I headed out right away to get more wood and got lost in the forest - it has been so darn long since I have been here I have lost my bearings.

Quote:
Have you written any music recently?
My notes had gone silent virtually overnight!It was many many months before I was able to sit again and played this for a dear friend.
Harvest The Warmth
https://rcpt.yousendit.com/820305390...a1336193a33c7c

Then my winter was filled with a new direction in life and I spent most of my time shooting 100's of photos in the Carolina's.

Since that the ivories have been very quiet - not really the best of years for inspiration really.

Of course you all know when I returned Mum was so very ill. This was only my second of the year - I had composed a song to go with a visual presentation celebrating my Mum's life.
Mum's Eternal Stroll
https://download.yousendit.com/VGlmZXR3T01oMlYzZUE9PQ

And my last effort for 2009 - and just feeling so exhausted with all that was going on.
Good Bye 2009
https://rcpt.yousendit.com/820293046...780ccaeb41e91d

Quote:
I looked for some poem to post and couldn't find any. Dang. Well if you find one post it for me then!
JOURNEY

Morning breaks to unfold mind trickling to times past
Emotions, distinguished and amassed
Bearing unknown, untangle lines before cast
Brace yourself, to leave the mooring mast

Take stock of your hold
Before you let life unfold
Check on feelings, behold
Delay not to long to grow old

Fear, uncertainty stow the baggage
List your life dreams, full page
Build your confidence, emerge, engage
Fill your sails, let the wind be your gauge

~SK May 2, 2009

And of course Winter here would not be without a few shots that make the cold weather worth it. One of God' s beautiful creatures! Make that three of them. Honorable mention to the Turkey that got in my shot too!

Name:	DSC_6635.jpg
Views:	117
Size:	455.4 KB
ID:	96278

Name:	DSC_6552.jpg
Views:	110
Size:	428.3 KB
ID:	96277

Name:	DSC_6546.jpg
Views:	113
Size:	408.7 KB
ID:	96276

Lastly - Thanks so much Carol, Janetb, Lou and Sem for your kind thoughts and support. Annie I sure hope we get out in the summer and to see you guys up here too. We will I am sure get by - one day at a time...
05ModPod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2010, 06:37 PM   #2710
Rivet Master

Lapeer , Michigan
Harvest the Warmth is such a beautiful piano arrangement. I like that album art as well. I hope everyone downloads your music. They will surely be impressed with your musical abilities. The song in tribute to your mother is very bittersweet. It is easy to be swept along with the music and feel the emotion that has gone into that composition. Goodby 2009, and what a wonderful picture of that cat's face, gently draws me to quiet stirrings of reflection. Your gifts are amazing and I thank you for sharing your music and poetry and pictures with us.

"Fear, uncertainty stow the baggage
List your life dreams, full page
Build your confidence, emerge, engage
Fill your sails, let the wind be your gauge"

You write so vividly and straight to the spirit. The rich imagery just transports us all into your journey.

What odd fellows the deer and the turkey. I think the light shining on them in the last is my favorite. I hope chattering woods is a comfort to you and that you take time to become reacquainted with them particularly at this time.

You have certainly elevated my mood, Sharon! What a treat. Think on your accomplishments and how expression, beauty and significance flow freely from your efforts. It is a blessing that is uniquely yours. You are quite the special grand dame.

photography
Old 02-16-2010, 06:51 AM   #2711
Rivet Master

1978 29' Ambassador
Walnut Cove , North Carolina
Hello Sisters, I wrote a long response and when I hit post-it disappeared. Oh well, I'll try again. Carole you wrote a wonderful critique of Sharon's talent and really capatured what I felt listening to her music. Sharon, I am so sorry that you have had such a rough road to travel and that Peter has been so ill. Its really normal to have the feelings about what brought him to this state. You are still supportive and you two have an amazing relationship through all your challenges. Your time at school certainly wasn't wasted and it helped you get clarity for new goals. You should look into other opions. In the US we have community colleges that offer some great photography courses. You already have the talent, just finding a way to market yourself, I think is the key. I have been chuggging the hot chocolate around the fire. Whew, we sure needed it, what a winter. We still have patches of snow from 3 weeks ago and yesterday it hailed. Thankfully, this morning the sun is shining. Richard is about the same good days/bad days. We enjoyed out trip to the Can Opener even though it was ridiculously cold. We are awaiting the arrival of #7 grandchild, a boy due early April. I have had some success in selling my floor mats by word of mouth. I have opened a small booth at the local anitque/crafts mall. I am trying to raise funds for a trip to Haiti. I feel like I need to dust off my nursing skills and give back for all the blessings I have in my life. Hopefully, I will have an idea of when I will go the end of this month. The conditions there are worse than anyone could ever imangive, Learning to tow and set up the AS has given me much confidence that I can conquer the challenges of this volunteer opportunity. (I towed Queenie over 1,600 miles and backed up 2x)Well, I'm throwing another log on, we almost got down to embers. We need the flame of friendship to burn strong. Looking forward to great travels and meeting good friends!!!!!!!
Old 02-16-2010, 09:55 AM   #2712
Rivet Master

Buckhorn , Ontario
OMG I am NAKED!!!!!! It took all my might - but I have had to relinquish my baby!!! I am at this very moment without my darling Nikon d80.

Ha nothing as drastic that I have to sell it for food or gas phew!!! - I cannot believe it has been almost 2 years!!! Since I got it for my 47th Birthday - where does the time go ladies??? Anyway she has been acting up and I thought I would send her in for a good workover and cleaning of the sensors and see if anything else needed to be fixed - sent my lenses into for a work over on their barrels - I want to trade my 70-300 in for a faster zoom - so I want it to be up to spec.

Carol and Dannie - wow you too are way too kind with your comments. You are right though, no matter how hard life gets, if we keep the little things that bring us joy close at hand - we can get through.

So Carol - lets see I bet you have taken some fab shots - how about you fire some up here for us to gander at while that fire gets warmer and warmer....and what else have you been up to. Have you been out - is Brad still out west and you looking after the fort?

It is damp and overcast here. Even a bit of rain out there I think - going to be a treacherous back side of winter with all this ice on the paths and drive. I am cringing with fear every time I venture out now.

Dannie what an experience that will be - tragic but what an amazing feeling of worth and charity that will bring you. And those poor children to have such a loving soul there to care for them. I do hope that you will be accepted.
Old 02-16-2010, 09:58 AM   #2713
Rivet Master

Buckhorn , Ontario
But You know Who....

Loves the winter!! A little smilie sent to all those who need a lift today! And a big dog kiss for those not getting any either tee hee.....

Name:	DSC_6498.jpg
Views:	114
Size:	270.9 KB
ID:	96313

Name:	DSC_6512.jpg
Views:	132
Size:	295.6 KB
ID:	96314
Old 02-16-2010, 06:30 PM   #2714
Rivet Master

Lapeer , Michigan
Dannie, that is wonderful! How brave and kind you are to go to Haiti and give of yourself to help others in such catastrophic conditions. You are truly an andel of mercy. That is so charitable. I hope you are able to pursue your goal. It is certainly much in demand and your kindness extraordinary.

More grandbabies always a special time! Our newest, Noah and London are already going to be 2 years old this year! Where does the time go?!

Brad's been back since fall. It was two months he spent in New Mexico earlier in the year and then his summer season in Wisconsin lasted from May until November. So yeah it's good to be back home together though wish it wasn't so cold. I feel like hibernating. I am getting fat and lazy...I must make amends and soon!!

I had a quick trip to Colorado this fall and when I returned we had Thanksgiving in the UP at Wilderness State Park. I took a few pictures but have really had too long a break in feeling the awe that sends me running for the camera. We have had some glorious skies and frosty mornings but after a quick glance it's back to burrowing back under multiple covers and staying warm.

Hailey looks content to chase that happy faced ball. Wish the dogs could run together I bet they'd have a good time again. Koa is getting really big, don't you think, and every pound of him a big big baby!? Unless he is barking at you and then he looks quite formidable.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	PICT0001g.jpg
Views:	116
Size:	159.6 KB
ID:	96343   Click image for larger version

Name:	PICT0003g.jpg
Views:	110
Size:	91.7 KB
ID:	96344  

Name:	PICT0013.jpg
Views:	107
Size:	87.2 KB
ID:	96345   Click image for larger version

Name:	PICT00182.jpg
Views:	116
Size:	88.9 KB
ID:	96346  

photography
Old 02-16-2010, 06:36 PM   #2715
Rivet Master

Buckhorn , Ontario
Omg!!

Look at the size of that "puppy" - You must have had to boost up your TV suspension....poor Orie no wonder he is slinking

Glad to hear you are back and all nice and warm. What are you plans for the coming travelling season?

Opps too much merlot! good thing edit mode still works, new Batch from Xmas ready - and none too soon either!!!
Old 02-16-2010, 06:47 PM   #2716
Rivet Master

Lapeer , Michigan
No plan as to when and where yet, only the resolve to get somewhere before the year ends, if only locally and for a short stay. Perhaps we should have a duck rally since so many of us have to get our ducks in a row.

How about that chocolate brandy or sherry that you make, what is it? Bring some over to the fire please Sharon and I'll grab the cookies. Ladies anyone else for some?

photography
Old 02-16-2010, 06:56 PM   #2717
Rivet Master

Buckhorn , Ontario
Quote:
How about that chocolate brandy or sherry that you make, what is it? Bring some over to the fire please Sharon and I'll grab the cookies. Ladies anyone else for some?
Ha I do believe you are referring to Chocolate Raspberry Port, and the only stash I think is available would be over at Annies place - might sweet talk her into joining and bring a bottle with her

Yep no plans here either...kinda hard to plan anything of late - but the hope is there for sure.

Peter is anxious to start working on the LadyBug - might even be re-naming as the Modpod has become hmmm shhhhh Mine.... Long long long story.....one day over a campfire but you must sit on the other side so that I don't knock you on your AS again...
Old 02-16-2010, 07:23 PM   #2718
Rivet Master

Lapeer , Michigan
Chocolate raspberry port, oh yeah, that was it. Maybe I better get myself a new chair...however I seem to have been working agressively on my center of balance lately...think suma wrestler. Ha ha!

photography
Old 02-23-2010, 09:02 AM   #2719
Rivet Master

Buckhorn , Ontario
Road trip!

Seems the cards and the gods have aligned my life in a way that can let me be in "unleashed and lovin'it mode again"

Peter is on the mend, Dad is good, They both love the winter and I hate it. So they can keep each other company....

Sold a few parts and got my gas money and that is all I need for my green light to get the ModPod on the road south for some golf and R&R. I need to loose 30 pounds in 5 weeks so lots of riding and slimming will be going on for sure. At least I can drop about 10-15 in that time.

Real late from my originally planned October departure. But life throws you all sorts of paths to follow....and sometimes they just take a complete about face!

Sold some parts and got Peter sorted with his supplies. Although too little too late for College, but perfect timing for me to salvage a mini snowbird trip. And a nice break before I am totally laid up for 4 months with the surgery.

Charleston South Carolina - here I come - with clubs in hand - so get those shop vacs out to dry off the courses and crank up the heat!!! time for your winter to be over and spring to be sprung.

The Huge downfall - I will be travelling without my camera OMG - it is in the Nikon Factory for a full warranty work up - geeshhh who planned that one....

Could be a Best Buy point and shoot trial...

Dannie - my departure has had to change to Thurs 4:00am so I will still be getting in sometime Late Thurs - I am thinking I might just stay with you for the two days and just pop over to my friend Stacie for a short visit - as I will be seeing her and her friend at the Beach House Party in April.
Old 02-23-2010, 09:26 AM   #2720
Rivet Master

Lapeer , Michigan
Here comes the Sun!

WOW Sharon, so glad to hear you are going to have a road trip. I know it will put the stars back in your eyes and be good for what ails ya!!

Let me join you in adding a bit of good news from over here. Today I got fingerprinted! No, I am not incarcerated. I am being screened for employment at the facility where I have been volunteering. I will be training to become a dietary aide. Fill-in hours and weekends but my foot is in the door. You know me I like to stay near the food...

click for animation

Name:	emot-dance-big.gif
Views:	139
Size:	38.7 KB
ID:	96828

photography