Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > The Rally Zone > Forum Rallies & Meet Ups
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 11-15-2009, 10:07 AM   #2581
Rivet Master

2005 22' International CCD
Buckhorn , Ontario
Thanks Vic...the would be easy to travel with if they were that small - but ours are a tad bigger....with a truck load more HAIR!!! but ours too LOVE the truck and have the whole back seat to themselves. The love to travel with me no matter where I go - so this last two mini vacations I went without them was kind of hard.

Hopefully if I get to snowbird this winter I will make up for the lost time and they will ride with me again.

These were taken on P and I's little Holiday in August - with the Modpod.

Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_1777.jpg
Views:	114
Size:	233.2 KB
ID:	91042

Name:	DSC_1955.jpg
Views:	95
Size:	300.0 KB
ID:	91044

Name:	DSC_1949.jpg
Views:	107
Size:	292.0 KB
ID:	91043
05ModPod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2009, 05:54 PM   #2582
3 Rivet Member

1995 31' Land Yacht
Clovis , California
Hi to all, I have just joined and this is my first post. I'm a single 73 yo who loves to travel. I have done a lot of rving in a 20' Toyoto Dolphin..X Xing the US twice and down Baja twice. But i got it in my head that I wanted a little more power and something equipped to stay unplugged longer. I went way overboard and ended up with with something bigger than I planned on (Isn't that always the way). So next month I am picking up my "95", 30' Land Yacht MH. My 4 sons just shake their head about me.
GT & Judy, I want to say HI to you boaters. I lived alone on a 40' power boat with my cat for 12 years on the San Francisco Bay. Then I lived on a 36' ketch rigged sail with a SO.
Vic, As a retired RN I have great empathy for what you are facing currently. Don't push yourself, enjoy the campers around you and the sunsets before you. Try to stick to county, state, fairgrounds and Corp of Army Engineers campgrounds. They are usually cheap and the Army ones are by water & lovely.
LuvRVing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2009, 02:37 AM   #2583
2 Rivet Member

1991 34' Limited
we will go with our hearts , Texas
Sharon they are a bit bigger a whole lot more to cuddle with. I bet they love the water as well. Where will you snowbird at ? I will have 5 of my fur babies with me and hope we can hit a few shows our Frankie has one more show left and will have his CH and Magoo had just started his carreer. But labs are more fun lol play with them as mine they might break.

Luv... Thank you and welcome to the forum, I am new here and probably driving all the old timers here nuts I ramble a lot ... Our whole family plus friends think we are crazy hehehe Thanks for the pointers,I am not sure how all this is going to work as we had a set back when we got here as the hitch is not working and not sure why but DH just wanted to give up, said nothing will work for him.I have never seen him react the way he has been , normally little things were not an issue he would deal with it and thats that... I guess it is my job to make sure he stays positive and not to let him throw in the towel. I will be honest I am getting tired of having to do all this and make all the decisions. Plus all our family and friends do not want to talk or hear about it is like if it is kept silent then what is to come will not. That is one reason I ramble on here since no one knows us I can vent and no one tells me I am a strong person and it will all be ok because it is not going to be. Dang I need to cry and scream or just beat something up but I can't I have to be the strong one here. wonder if a stiff drink would help.

I guess I am self centered right now and ramble to much .. I just realized I really do not have anyone to tell how I really feel no one wants to hear the bad ....
Victorialhq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2009, 05:24 AM   #2584
Rivet Master

1978 29' Ambassador
Walnut Cove , North Carolina
Sharon, the pictures are beautiful. I love how the waterfalls turned out.
Welcome to LuvRVing-you are our kind of woman!!Vic, hang in there and know you have the support to keep on RVing from your Silver Sisters.
Old 11-16-2009, 06:19 AM   #2585
2 Rivet Member

1991 34' Limited
we will go with our hearts , Texas
Thank you Dannie... I had a breaking point last night I guess. I do so appreciate the support all of you have shown even though I came barrelling in ok I can finish what I started,it is so odd feeling still.

Have to get photo taking lessons from Sharon ...
Victorialhq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2009, 10:01 AM   #2586
4 Rivet Member

1977 28' Argosy 28
Bullhead City , Arizona
Victorialhq
Things are tough now but they will get better. I know the feeling of no one to talk to or understand what is happening even worse when people don't talk about it or ignore it and hope it goes away. I don't know exactly what your situation is .My husband got sick and he went from being the one who always took care of everything to somebody who needed taken care of.quite a shock to me .who he had always watched over.I had always thought I was strong and independant we had lived on the road our whole life together. I quickly came to realize I was not near as independant as I had thought.and a lot of my strength came from him. It has been a long road but things are looking up.Enjoy all the time you have and go through the trials with as much enthusiasm and positive thinking as you can these seem to be the strongest times. We are strong and we can do it just a little different now. If you need to vent this is a good place.
Old 11-16-2009, 04:03 PM   #2587
Kit
1 Rivet Member

1972 Argosy 20
El Prado , New Mexico
Count me in!!!
Kit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2009, 08:19 PM   #2588
Rivet Master

Buckhorn , Ontario
Hello Kit - welcome....

Hey gals the fire seems to be waning a bit - so I brought in a wheel barrow load of wood.

What I need right now is a good stiff drink and some horseshoes. We are about to loose everything we own.

Lou and Larry you would be absolutely dumbfounded at the OMB decision rendered to us today! I am surprised I am still standing. I have never in all my life felt so devastated and victimized as I do right this minute.

After the judge stated that she would not leave us - the landowners in the same position as the previous judge did - she DID! by literally completely dismissing the appeal for an answer on the By-law amendment.

Our only recourse now - is the Ontario Ombudsman, and to bring in the media - the gloves come off - as we have nothing else to loose now - we have lost it all - what an effin crap shoot this has been...simply to build a nice home for my parents by the lake!!! I just can not believe this is happening to us.

But you know something....Vic when I read your story - you give me hope - that Peter and I have our good health - we may not have anything else and god only knows where we will live or in what, and how long we can survive in order to get everything sold....but then our problems seem miniscule to what you are facing my dear - and hey if you ever just want to vent - I have huge shoulders and a great listener - feel free to PM me any time.

Although I have not posted any new galleries for a while - must do that here is a place where I have uploaded several of my photos...

ladybug63's Photo Galleries at pbase.com

So getting back to the camp fire...

Where is everyone? and how are you all doing? Have all the northerners got your babies winterized and who is planning a warm snowbird trip? And for those hanging out in the winter snow - what are your plans for the hard winter ahead?

As for our US neighbours - you will be getting all your trimmings for your Thanksgiving soon and family and friends coming in for a great time I hope.

Anyway - I think P and I have only upwards to go now - after today we truly have hit rock bottom - so wish us luck.....in some miracle on how to get out of this mess. At least with my truck and trailer - I really don't care about the rest of the possessions cause that is all they are! But we do need a roof over our heads and a means to travel/transport.
Old 11-16-2009, 09:12 PM   #2589
Rivet Master

2007 23' International CCD
Lapeer , Michigan
Sharon that is horrible news. I am so sorry. Are you saying the judgment for that property is affecting your home too? After years of trying to get approval for building we always thought eventually you would win out!

I don't have plans to snowbird yet unless I find a paying position South. I volunteered and applied at a few other places but for now I do have a trip coming real soon. I leave Wednesday for Colorado Springs. I am trading the 27' FB for the traditonal 28' Classic. We might be doing more living and working out of the Airstream, ourselves, so this model has the cushy couch and more room for pets. It also has the larger fridge and a microwave and a larger bathroom with his and her closets between the rod pocket doors. I hope for snowless driving weather.

Name:	P1060541.JPG
Views:	102
Size:	165.0 KB
ID:	91168

Name:	P1060542.JPG
Views:	116
Size:	166.0 KB
ID:	91169

Name:	7983ad.jpg
Views:	100
Size:	59.5 KB
ID:	91170

Name:	7668c.jpg
Views:	137
Size:	61.0 KB
ID:	91171

Attachment 91172
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	P1060539.JPG
Views:	127
Size:	165.2 KB
ID:	91177  

photography
wheel interested is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2009, 10:07 PM   #2590
Rivet Master

Buckhorn , Ontario
Hey Carol wow - you are trading in your FB...no more confusion tee hee as to where the bedroom is I think the Classic is a perfect set up for either full time or almost full time. I do hope you find something South - the bones get awfully rickety in the winter cold don't they? gosh I am feeling the cold already

The issue with this mess of ours - is that we have been carrying the development costs of the lot as well as all the Lawyers fees, Engineers fees, Planners fees and even the Township planners fees. We have a ton of invoices now that are outstanding not amounting to a couple hundred - more like $50,000 or more, that ha unless pennies from heaven come they just will not be paid. We could put our body parts/organs on the black market or something.

With the OMB leaving us with nothing as the previous OMB judge did - no wait - our Province thinks it is good planning to leave a land owner with a TRIANGLE building envelope. But the point too is that as this is unresolved, whom ever purchases this lot - will know the history - so now we have to sell the lot and the Dr. from hell with it - he obviously has an endless pit of money to fit us to our DEATH - which will virtually be impossible to sell now unless we carry this to its final development. Thus we have no choice but to sell our home to avoid going bankrupt.

The last place on earth I would want to live is beside this Dr. or our neighbour to the south for that matter.

We could look at some sort of innovative home to be built that would be like those award winning abstract homes - but hey I am sure the Dr. would come up with some reason to shut our building permit down.

We may have no choice to build there and live there. Or build and sell and in the interim Peter Live with Dad and I live South for the winter cause I could not live in the trailer up here - I would freeze to death - but then hey right about now that might be a good solution.

Just don't know what our options are now - not many when all you have is equity and no cash.

And we think we have problems - NOTHING compared to poor Haily. She had her big grooming and haircut day today, after her long sitting almost 45 minutes bless her, all she wanted was a good chew...and along comes Taz take away her bone.

Isn't she sweet...

Name:	DSC_5111.jpg
Views:	109
Size:	182.6 KB
ID:	91182
If Looks Could Kill!

Name:	DSC_5116.jpg
Views:	109
Size:	320.0 KB
ID:	91183
Old 11-16-2009, 10:53 PM   #2591
Rivet Master

2005 22' Safari
Gresham , Oregon
Sounds like a lot of the Silver Sisters need a big roaring fire, a huge pan of brownies (with fudge frosting of course) and maybe a scoop of ice cream ---so much for the diet posts. Add some wine, martini's or your favorite adult beverage - top all that off with a giant group hug. Bless all of you lovely ladies I have yet to meet, but find inspiration from each and every one of you. Susan
sempi2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2009, 01:40 AM   #2592
Rivet Master

Buckhorn , Ontario
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuvRVing View Post
GT & Judy, I want to say HI to you boaters. I lived alone on a 40' power boat with my cat for 12 years on the San Francisco Bay. Then I lived on a 36' ketch rigged sail with a SO..
LRV - Welcome to the board. Wow you must be some super woman!! and so cool that you steal life as it should be done...I mean never giving in...

I hope I will be on the road till they put me in my grave. I would never be able to see all the places in north america. Even seeing one place in the fall to seeing it in the spring, or winter, or summer - gives a different perspective.

I think we all should just travel...
Old 11-17-2009, 03:16 PM   #2593
Rivet Master

1978 Argosy Minuet 6.7 Metre
1989 29' Excella
Lorain County , Ohio
Send a message via AIM to loudruff Send a message via MSN to loudruff Send a message via Yahoo to loudruff
Wow!

Step away from the fire and come back to all kinds of crazy news!!
Sharon, I am so sorry to hear that you got bad news about the lot and all of your legal battles. I am continuing to put you into my prayers.
Carol, Wow!!! Another trailer?? I thought you loved your FB! What year is the new one? It looks really nice inside. Tell us all about it! Are you trading the FB? Is Brad keeping his?
Larry and I are going to go to the state park just down the road on Fri. night. We will be dry camping as we have the pink stuff in all of the drains etc. We are planning on a potluck and big campfire! Wish you were all close enough by to stop in and visit!
Air #2695
TAC- OH 2
#1420 NOVA 4-006 Charter member

loudruff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2009, 06:13 PM   #2594
Rivet Master

Lapeer , Michigan
Lou, you and Larry get ready, Sharon and I and all the fur babies may be coming to a driveway campsite near you any day! How long is that courtesy parking good for?

Sharon selling parts? I guess that accent of graceful curves likely could bring you the windfall you and Peter could wrap your hands upon. Now I wonder if you will be winning the November photo contest? I can see by the comments, you may already have a decorative accent to merchandise. Any autograph sessions scheduled? Seriously you have the creativity to make music and photographic art, among other talents that will not fail you Sharon. Peter too is a wealth of skill and productivity!

My new to me Airstream is a 2005, like my 25', same colors and style only bigger at 28', so I know I will like it. I am going "vintage!!" Yes the FB is going, but Brad is holding onto his mancave ferociously. Daily rock jams have the neighbors feet tapping.

photography
Old 11-17-2009, 06:33 PM   #2595
4 Rivet Member

1977 28' Argosy 28
Bullhead City , Arizona
Quote:
Originally Posted by sempi2 View Post
Sounds like a lot of the Silver Sisters need a big roaring fire, a huge pan of brownies (with fudge frosting of course) and maybe a scoop of ice cream ---so much for the diet posts. Add some wine, martini's or your favorite adult beverage - top all that off with a giant group hug. Bless all of you lovely ladies I have yet to meet, but find inspiration from each and every one of you. Susan
I have been thinking abouy brownies with frosting!! for a week didn't want to spoil the diet but if we are sharing it won't be so bad.
Jo
Oh yeah. hear is some nice cedar wood for the fire.
Old 11-17-2009, 06:40 PM   #2596
Rivet Master

Lapeer , Michigan
C H O C O L A T E You Rock!!

photography
Old 11-17-2009, 06:45 PM   #2597
Rivet Master

Buckhorn , Ontario
Today was a new day...

Hmm Yesterday was all tears and OMG what are we possibly going to do.

Today after being on the phone all day. We are going radical.

We still have to sell our home. But we see a bit of an opportunity to turn a terribly bleak situation into quite possibly a great "save". We have taken the lot off the market and - heck if the neighbours and the Ontario Government say a "triangle home" is prudent planning - then that saying be careful what you wish for - will be the phrase of 2010! around this household.

We have a triangle building envelop. There is no law as to any design control in a rural property. Not that we want to live beside these people - we have no choice in order to salvage our livelihood.

Time for our sails to take on a different tact. We have an idea on getting National and International Web exposure, help youth, involve key Charities and create a Memorial University Scholarship in my Mothers name - as this was to be her dream home...stay tuned as things will develop. Don't want to give all the secrets away - Big Brother maybe watching....

You know Carol - I just wanted to jump start anything. Be the radical kid on the block for once...I think they are too scared to comment or I have shocked the "community" LOL....I thought the curves idea from a few months back could do with honorable mention in Dave's "open" category this month - and since I was chicken the last time to post it - I thought with all that is going on in my life I needed a laugh - why the heck not - what is the worst they could do - delete my entry Wally would most certainly smile at how inspirational his curve truly is.
Old 11-17-2009, 08:09 PM   #2598
3 Rivet Member

1995 31' Land Yacht
Clovis , California
Semp: I'll be by your campfire in a min. Friends, drinks and chocolate...what more do you need.
GT: not a super women; just dumb...if I had only known about boats I would not have done it but it was a spectacular lifestyle. I slowly learned about pumps, 3 electrical systems, moving a boat in winds, tides & currents with twin engines and the joys of sailing the S.F. bay, Sac Delta, Hawaii, Mexico & Fla. While I think I can learn how to drive a 30' MH, I do have second thoughts now about being able to pay for the needed maintenance on such a large unit....Is anyone going to the event at the AS factory in June?
LuvRVing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2009, 08:35 PM   #2599
Rivet Master

1978 Argosy Minuet 6.7 Metre
1989 29' Excella
Lorain County , Ohio
Send a message via AIM to loudruff Send a message via MSN to loudruff Send a message via Yahoo to loudruff
Silver Sisters

Carol, you know you and Sharon and the fur babies are all welcome to our driveway courtesy parking any time you want to come. And we have never had to put a time limit on the number of days! We figure if you can stand us that long you can stay! LOL
Sharon!!! Sic em, girl!!!
We read all about the Aluminapolouza at JC. Haven't decided if we can afford it yet. It sure sounds like fun. And it is close enough to us this time! We will have to see. June is still far off for us.
Larry and I are planning to dry camp at Findley on Fri. night this week. We still haven't gotten used to the idea that we can do that longer range planning yet! Those 9 yrs. holed up here sure got us entrenched in the "at home" mode. We have to learn to get over it, I guess.
Air #2695
TAC- OH 2
#1420 NOVA 4-006 Charter member

loudruff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2009, 02:32 PM   #2600
4 Rivet Member

1975 25' Tradewind
, Michigan
Send a message via AIM to eikel1we
Quote:
Originally Posted by GT1963 View Post
Hmm Yesterday was all tears and OMG what are we possibly going to do.

Today after being on the phone all day. We are going radical.

We still have to sell our home. But we see a bit of an opportunity to turn a terribly bleak situation into quite possibly a great "save". We have taken the lot off the market and - heck if the neighbours and the Ontario Government say a "triangle home" is prudent planning - then that saying be careful what you wish for - will be the phrase of 2010! around this household.

We have a triangle building envelope. There is no law as to any design control in a rural property. Not that we want to live beside these people - we have no choice in order to salvage our livelihood. ................

Sharon, let's hope something positive happens soon! I've been thinking some ugly thoughts about your ugly neighbors. ( who ME?) I have invisioned your lot becoming the largest composting site he'd ever seen......or smelled. How's about starting out with a few big dump truck loads of really fresh manure??? Or maybe just dumping in his driveway would work (WE CAN DOO IT either way!)

As they say, "Don't get mad, get even"!

Hugs from your evil friend, suz
2004 GMC Yukon XL 2500
Michigan - "middle of the mitt"
eikel1we is offline   Reply With Quote