Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > The Rally Zone > Forum Rallies & Meet Ups
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 09-19-2008, 02:01 PM   #1921
The Silver Schooner

2007 28' Safari SE
Dover , New Hampshire
The Driveway

Here she is in the driveway - looks like she's hiding doesn't she? I'm standing in the driveway across the street to take the pic - narrow street!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN0016.jpg
Views:	143
Size:	318.4 KB
ID:	67708  
Old 09-19-2008, 02:18 PM   #1922
1 Rivet Member

2010 30' Flying Cloud
2009 16' DWR
Victoria , British Columbia
Hi girls
I guess I missed some good happy hours around here
Hope you're all doing fine.
Can't wait to do another "We can tow it".
We may have a great rally next september on PEI.
Sharon you may have to organize a backing up contest at Bayside !!!!
Rivette from CAU #122 always ready to have fun
https://airstreamlife.ning.com/profile/tripelsdiane
https://canadianatlantic.wbcci.net/
ladyPenelope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2008, 02:42 PM   #1923
2 Rivet Member

1977 Argosy 24
Hudson , New Hampshire
Send a message via AIM to 2Alaska
Congrats to Louisa on the new Airstream! Great to see another NH Girl. Hopefully we'll meet on the road one day! I've been to that dealership just to drool My in-laws have a camp up there and I make it a point to head that way as often as I can.
Have fun!
2Alaska
2Alaska is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2008, 03:48 PM   #1924
The Silver Schooner

2007 28' Safari SE
Dover , New Hampshire
Thanks, 2 Alaska -

That's a nice dealership - the service guys really know their stuff and couldn't be nicer - as is the owner. I was pleased to buy from them.
Old 09-19-2008, 07:42 PM   #1925
4 Rivet Member

1975 25' Tradewind
, Michigan
Send a message via AIM to eikel1we
Congratulations Louisa (& JJ)!!! Love the driveway pic ... and yes, she does look like she's peeking to see if we're looking! Glad you had safe travels on your way home and I wish you many more!! Sounds like you were a good student at the dealership with good instructors.

sue
2004 GMC Yukon XL 2500
Michigan - "middle of the mitt"
eikel1we is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2008, 02:47 AM   #1926
4 Rivet Member

2004 16' International CCD
1997 25' Safari
hamilton , Montana
Hi Louisa,, YAY!!!!!!! you did it!!!!! good job,, nice trailer,,, and you should be proud of yourself,,, enjoy your silver beauty to the max before the snow flies,,, happy trails,, donna
dieterdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2008, 06:00 PM   #1927
Rivet Master

2005 22' International CCD
Buckhorn , Ontario
Just back from Algonquin...Fabulous Trip with Annie and Marvin.

Just a tad early for the fall colours but they changed as we were there!

We got in two great days of kayaking and canoeing. Our Second day caught us two pairs of Moose - one huge Bull Moose and his gal and a young bull and his sweetie too. Peter and I caught another Huge Moose as we were waiting on A&M at Bog Marsh for a nice 1.5 mile hike (I know that is tiny but that is how long it is )

The night before on our way out for dinner just at dusk -as Peter had my camera looking at the pics of the moose I huge Black Bear crossed the road!!! - you can bet the fur flew in the car as I had my camera ready in its spot to grab at a moments notice - but kind-a-hard to do when muggins had it!!

We had great weather too - cold nights and warm days with NO bugs!!
05ModPod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2008, 06:02 PM   #1928
Rivet Master

Buckhorn , Ontario
Way to go Lousia - you did it Girl...okay we will let ya have the first mulligan on the backing up you deserve it for sure!! Nice Trailer!!!

Can't wait to see more pics.....
Old 09-21-2008, 06:46 PM   #1929
The Silver Schooner

2007 28' Safari SE
Dover , New Hampshire
Thanks, Sue, Donna, Sharon ...

Bringing her home alone was a big hurdle and while I was sure I could do it - I know I can do anything I decide I can do - I'm never sure till I do it! - and then of course I wonder what the heck I was so worried about. Aaarugh! My camping friend will be back from vacation in a week and we are planning to get in some weekend trips with our respective rigs before The Schooner has to be winterized. I'll keep you posted - and I promise pics.
Old 09-30-2008, 12:09 AM   #1930
Rivet Master

Buckhorn , Ontario
Hibernating

Wow - don't tell me everyone has gone into hibernation already.

Well some of the Silver Sisters are gathering in none other than MI again lucky stiffs....Laura, Steph and Carol and a few newbies that the SS on all our behalf's will have to give them the official tink tink.

I'm hanging back - last minute bail out - arrg! Just too many things happening and need to find the cloning potion.

I bought a new bike on the weekend and took her out for a spin on Sunday - the day was not very nice but the colours are starting to really come through.

Name:	DSC_9394.jpg
Views:	116
Size:	131.8 KB
ID:	68556

After the spectacular sunset the evening before. I was only able to catch the very end of it. Was visiting my Mom and did not bring my camera with me....I motored home but missed the most amazing sky I had ever seen - there was all sorts of colours and clouds that made the sky like a Kaleidoscope.

Name:	DSC_9368.jpg
Views:	132
Size:	66.1 KB
ID:	68555

Name:	DSC_9362.jpg
Views:	90
Size:	66.9 KB
ID:	68554

Name:	DSC_9358.jpg
Views:	101
Size:	92.8 KB
ID:	68553

The little ride up the road found me a small brook and waterfall that I had heard about but never actually walked to it. There is another one close by too but it is a longer hike through the public river access just north of us and an easy ride. We are lucky that we have lots of 4 wheeler/snowmobile trails that make for great off road riding.

Name:	DSC_9418.jpg
Views:	90
Size:	210.5 KB
ID:	68558

Name:	DSC_9444.jpg
Views:	115
Size:	221.6 KB
ID:	68559

Name:	DSC_9406.jpg
Views:	124
Size:	139.1 KB
ID:	68557

So what is everyone up to these days?

I guess it will soon be time to get the wood brought closer to the fire, sweeties stocked up along with all the spirits both of the drinking kind and of all you great ladies out there.

Hope all are well...
Old 09-30-2008, 08:13 AM   #1931
4 Rivet Member

2007 25' Safari FB SE
Dexer , Michigan
Congratulation Louisa! How did you decide on the 28'? He's beautiful!
tksbaskets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2008, 08:48 AM   #1932
Rivet Master

2007 23' International CCD
Lapeer , Michigan
Louisa congratulations on getting your new schooner home she's pretty! Looking forward to seeing more pictures and hearing more of your adventures.

Diane, missing you. Love the new log in name Lady Penelope, fits you well.

Sharon those pictures are gorgeous! You are really having a beautiful season there and keeping busy with biking and boating and camping. Way to go girl! Keep posting your adventures.

photography
wheel interested is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2008, 09:13 AM   #1933
The Silver Schooner

2007 28' Safari SE
Dover , New Hampshire
Thanks Wheel and TKS,

I chose the 28 because I plan to go full-timing in a year and the Schooner will be my only home - so I wanted a sofa, a dinette and a bed I could walk around to make. It's also the largest I can pull with my current TV which I really like and I needed to get it now. I want to figure out what I can take and what I have to jettison and not be kicking myself for selling something I need, and then having to go buy another one. I also wanted to be familiar with it and then when the house sells I have a home and I can hook up and go! I really liked the layout the best and I looked at a lot of them. It just felt right for me.
Old 09-30-2008, 09:14 AM   #1934
Rivet Master

1978 Argosy Minuet 6.7 Metre
1989 29' Excella
Lorain County , Ohio
Send a message via AIM to loudruff Send a message via MSN to loudruff Send a message via Yahoo to loudruff
NOT hibernating in OH....yet!

Hi All! We are not hibernating yet. Larry and I were out camping in southern OH over last weekend. Got into a very small campground down by Hocking Hills. We did Dock Dogs with Loren and the two furry girls. The furry girls are now nationally recognized dock dogs. Vega is a novice and Zora is a junior. We had fun but that is alot of work. This weekend we are working on the Minuet. Seems my 12v. electrici line that runs my CPAP has quit. Larry will have to trouble shoot that. We are headed out to camp at Findley State Park on Oct. 23-25th. We are hoping that some more of you will be able to come and join us there. We are on site #248 in the electric area. They will fill fast, so if you can join us please sign up fast.
Larry and I are hoping that we can camp into November. The band kids that we help out are invited to a Festival of Lights in Gahanna, north of Columbus, OH and we are hoping to camp nearby so we can go see them march! Nov. 29th....hope the snow doesn't fly!!!
Sounds like this coming weekend in MI sounds like fun. Hope you all have a really good time.
Lou
Air #2695
TAC- OH 2
#1420 NOVA 4-006 Charter member

loudruff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2008, 09:23 AM   #1935
4 Rivet Member

1975 25' Tradewind
, Michigan
Send a message via AIM to eikel1we
Rivet

Great pictures Sharon! You must be feeling better ....ahem. I've been waiting to hear!! I, too, will miss seeing the sisters = ( . We're gearing up for fall a bit earlier since we don't know how things will go with my m-i-l' surgery next week and recovery. Raining here today so I'm not missing another thing here. For those going to rally in Mackinaw City, have a super weekend!

We went to the dunes on Lk. MI for the day Fri. Our girls, s-i-l, a boyfriend & his bro were there for the wknd. with their Jeeps and we had the best time running the dunes and climbing some pretty high ones too. I may have a picture or two coming.

I "found" a beautiful octagonal pavillion in a wooded clearing for the on line rally. It's about 25' across, made of log and river rock and has a shake roof. Each side has glass panels that can be moved for the totally out-of- doors feel or closed for severe weather. There is a round stone fireplace in in the middle, a large wood box and lots of rustic log chairs with pretty cushions. If it sounds good to everyone, we can "move in" any time. It's supposed to get cold here in MI in a few days. Mid/high 50's to mid 30's over night - I could see a fire now!!!

Have a great day! Sue
2004 GMC Yukon XL 2500
Michigan - "middle of the mitt"
eikel1we is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2008, 09:48 AM   #1936
Rivet Master

Buckhorn , Ontario
Lady P - Can't wait to see pics from inside - your description sounds to be the perfect fit indeed. You are too sensible with all that planning - put me to shame for sure (with the number of trailers and changings of my/our minds that is with design and layout and vintage or not and then back again)

Airstreams Rock - is all that counts for now....

Sue mine too - soaking wet today not a real stellar day at all - and just dragged butt out of bed!

Good luck with your Surgery and have a fast recovery for sure.

PERFECT!!! I have arranged the chairs already - we will have to come up with a name for it. They call them YURTS in Algonquin Park the octagon cabins. I can vision it perfectly with your description. And most definitely a welcome addition to the campfire during the coming winter months...have not heard if we are in for a cold, or snowy or both winter - just know that now with the leaves in full turning and falling now too that winter is just around the corner. But hey - gotta embrace it - or move to a warmer climate one or the other - no sense fretting over it right. Hey we can all take pictures outside our windows for the winter theme and post - and keep rotating all winter till the spring comes

Suz I am okay health wise - just a pain in my left lung they are trying to get to the bottom of that never has gone away since spring - catches me off guard with deep breaths, sneezing and hiccuping and moving suddenly and my energy is dragging considerably and they are concerned that it is not back up yet running all sort of blood and this and that tests. Stamina is another thing and will take a while yet and that is fine - but the energy levels are way way down. And yep I am eating right and on the most part(save last two nights) sleeping fine again phew. Just a bit of a worry until all the test results come back - still waiting and keeping fingers crossed. (thanks for thinking of me and sending those Silver Sister vibes)

Lou that is great news on your fur babies - you and your Daughter must be really proud - you work very hard with those special dogs. It was so great to see pictures of them in competition and on the news no less too.

I think if Haily did that competition she would empty the pond the first go. Having to put her on the weight food again soon. Maybe she knows something we don't like beefing up for a cold winter

Taz is great - got lots of little extra growths and lumps now as she ages typical of labs - keeping a close eye and may have a surgery in this year to have them removed and check them all. But will see.

Good luck to Larry and the electrical - always a mystery.

Well off to get some photos into some galleries from our trip out east.

Thanks for the kudos again on the photos....I am glad that I can still find things to keep me interested around here - I just don't know what it would be like not to have seasons - I love the changes......
Old 09-30-2008, 09:54 AM   #1937
Rivet Master

Buckhorn , Ontario
Oh PS....

Where the waterfall pictures are - at the end in a little pool before the river changes direction is a little cobble stone house with robins egg blue wood house trim. It is such a quaint house with english style terraced gardens down to the pool - and their windows look straight up to the waterfall - it is really a little spot in heaven - they have a single car detached garage and a white picket fence all around their little plot. It is set back off the main road on a side road - of our main one where I get all my pictures from. I think it belongs to one of the local area artists. And if it ever came up for sale I would buy it in heart beat - it is the perfect "little old Lady" hide-away.. to listen to the falls and see all the season changes from that point of view would be speechless I think.....I have some pics somewhere will post later...
Old 09-30-2008, 11:10 AM   #1938
Rivet Master

Buckhorn , Ontario
Okay Last one...

Must get moving on more productive things

Just added this latest song to a music hosting site I use. Who Can I Be?
The site is nice for sharing music - you can either just use their player to play the music or can download to play later or add to your own music collections and playlists - all amateurs but a nice place to hang out to listen to all sorts of different music.

The lyrics to this song are just words that move through time, in getting through life's little fears and ups and downs and getting things sorted inside the mind from day to day. But at the same time recognizing that all life's little things are special and all have their place. An added selection for the Album "Never Be Afraid" still incomplete.....

Questioning is good - finding the answers is better - living contently with what you are blessed with is superior....

Who Can I Be?

Riding down the road
We see so many scenes
The colours, the textures
and the geometrics of time.

Is there a path to follow?
Is there a mould to hollow?
Is there a patch where we....can mellow....down the road?
Hum hum hum hum hum hum hum

Time will come our way
I will venture if I may
How do you see clear.... of the fear?

Does the fog ever lift?
Does the air ever clear?
Should we really stay so near......to our fears?

We awake to the frost
What joy is there for me?
And what joy is there for you?
When we seem to be lost.

Now that you have come so far.
Is it time to raise that bar?
Uhhh Haaa, Oh yeah, Oh yeah we should.

I cannot take my leave.
I cannot leave my mind.

Who can I be to me?
Who can I be to me?

Who can I be to me
When I take my leave?

When I take my leave, down the road.
When I take my leave, down the road.
Old 10-01-2008, 07:22 PM   #1939
Rivet Master

Buckhorn , Ontario
Scary Pit in Stomach feeling...

I learned a lesson today - always be prepared even if going out on a simple hike!

With not very much sleep in the last couple of days (hormones are a bitch!) I needed to get a nice morning of fresh air (has been raining for 3 days). Have been wanting to get to "High Falls" for many years but never found the time.

Well I figured after today I would have a better chance at seeing the falls by Kayak than by foot.

I headed out on foot by pure assumption of concept of a trail path leading up gradually to a high point and miraculously a pretty falls would appear for me to shoot. Very naive and very stupid.

I had walking stick, Tripod Case and Extra Lens Case (so I thought) - ready for what I thought would be just an hour out.

Well an hour out in the forest goes pretty quick....I was then thinking I was getting thirsty and thought by the time I find these falls I am going to be really thirsty and thought my bottle of water would have been a better carry than my whomper lens

Then the trail just stopped - washed out - so I had to take a detour to catch up the trail. But what I thought was a trail were Deer Paths not realizing at the time. Of course all deer paths lead to water whether they be rivers brooks or puddles! So my slight detour was a path of unknown direction But I was a mile away listening to tunes.....and not paying attention.

So long story short - I spent 45 minutes LOST! in the woods - alone - no phone - no food and no water and no compass - Broke all the single most cardinal rules of venturing out in the woods. I was worried but not scared - I immediately took stoke of what I had with me which was basically an ipod for a flash light - a sturdy walking stick and tripod for protection (bears) I did have a good pair of boots/wool socks and a good weather resistant jacket layered upper wear but the pants were already soaking from trekking through the ferns

Well I got turned around pretty good and ended up stopped dead in my tracks to some sort of wire for a hunting or trapping line - immediately the movie Deliverance came to mind. It was that kind of forest too - not overly dense, enough to play tricks on the mind. By this time the ipod was silenced and I could hear my heart beat and was starting to put the"no panic" skills to work. Then the quesitons - would someone see my car, would Peter come looking if I was not home as I told him where I was going. Would he check my e-mail for clues as to where I might be bla bla bla....then thought wow I am really thirsty now.....

As I was walking on a brisk mission now up and down at least 10 different dear paths trying to make headway back to somewhere familiar. I kept hearing a strange noise and turning to look back each time. When I turned the ipod off I heard it more clearly - water!!! - not the river but a water bottle - I had actually picked up the wrong case. My camera bag has two side pockets for lenses but I use one for a water bottle. That was a most welcomed stop and helped calm me a bit.

Anyway I finally picked up a spot in the forest that I remembered taking pictures of. I confirmed with the camera and yes it was the last spot I had taken picutres - PHEW!!! But I will tell you it was a pretty scary 45 minutes.

Home safe and sound and warm and dry I at least could look back on the beautiful colours and textures I experienced. On the list to do - put together a little hiking pack with all essentials keep in car for the impromptu treks

Was not a great day again but at least it was not raining. I have an appointment in the afternoon tomorrow so I might sneak out in the Kayak in the morning, if it is not raining, for a second attempt at finding High Falls.

Name:	DSC_9528.jpg
Views:	120
Size:	232.8 KB
ID:	68639

Name:	DSC_9520.jpg
Views:	130
Size:	250.9 KB
ID:	68638

Name:	DSC_9617.jpg
Views:	121
Size:	273.9 KB
ID:	68643

Name:	DSC_9547.jpg
Views:	132
Size:	223.6 KB
ID:	68641

Name:	DSC_9526.jpg
Views:	197
Size:	176.6 KB
ID:	68637

Name:	DSC_9519.jpg
Views:	124
Size:	274.1 KB
ID:	68636

Name:	DSC_9530.jpg
Views:	105
Size:	203.7 KB
ID:	68640

Name:	DSC_9502.jpg
Views:	110
Size:	183.8 KB
ID:	68635

Name:	DSC_9598.jpg
Views:	122
Size:	260.4 KB
ID:	68642

Name:	DSC_9621.jpg
Views:	136
Size:	109.1 KB
ID:	68644
Old 10-01-2008, 08:42 PM   #1940
We can tow it!

1996 28' Excella
Where the water tastes like wine , Michigan
Great photos Sharon! Nice story to go with, what an adventure!