Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-09-2008, 08:01 AM   #2001
Rivet Master

2007 23' International CCD
Lapeer , Michigan
Thankful and hopeful for my silver sisters and their families...

For each new morning with its light,
For rest and shelter of the night,
For health and food,
For love and friends,
For everything Thy goodness sends.

- Ralph Waldo Emerson (1803-1882

About that leftover meatloaf Suz, I see you share the save a turkey sentiment.

Click image for larger version

Name:	thanksgiving.jpg
Views:	291
Size:	40.3 KB
ID:	71125

I just hope I don't eat as much as I did last year!

Name:	helenaMS0109_468x1121.jpg
Views:	88
Size:	149.2 KB
ID:	71126

photography
wheel interested is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2008, 11:08 AM   #2002
3 Rivet Member

2008 20' Safari SE
Thumb Area , Michigan
Thanksgiving dinner

In Lapeer the homeless shelter is run by the community churches with each church taking turns to house the shelter for a week. Our church is hosting the shelter Thanksgiving week. Richard and I signed up to work for the dinner shift on Thanksgiving day.

Last year a group of church members who do not go away for the holiday had a pot-luck Thanksgiving dinner at the church. It was a great success. So that is where we will be having Thanksgiving. We will all cook something, bring it to dinner, and include the guests of the homeless shelter in our Thanksgiving dinner.

I am really excited to be part of it this year.
uluwene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2008, 04:52 PM   #2003
Rivet Master

2005 22' International CCD
Buckhorn , Ontario
Well our TG is long gone....and as the stores turn the fall colours to christmas cheer - we Canadians are well on the way to that HO HO HO season...but if you stick a Santa suit on the little tubby one above - you just might get a bit of extra "Carol" For your thanksgiving too.....

Nice poem Carol.

Too bad on the weather Lou - and shame it is winterizing time - I guess it is inevidible eh....

Hey Laura - love to agree with you - but I am going to think positive thoughts for this winter!!!! Chin up girl it will go fast....keep telling ya to drag your as* out here and I'll give you a good weekend beside the fire....and playing in the snow.

Hey Sue - wow that is a hard one being away from home so long. Sorry to hear your Mom is so fragile my prayers are with you.

The weekend pass on the whole went really well for my Parents. It was very hard for me to take that next step in my life to go from being my Mom's Daughter to now being her (and my fathers care giver). It is like loosing your innocence in a sense. I guess only those who have been or are in the same situation will understand what I mean. It was a very sad time and yet at the same time it was so pleasing to see that my Mom's journey to get home is almost at its end. She had to go back in this afternoon and will be released on Wednesday. So in a sense regardless of ThanksGiving dates - our family has a lot to be thankful for.

I also give thanks to those friends that stood by us through these difficult times and to many of you who passed on your wishes and prayers that my Mom would make it home....THANKS!!!!

The ModPod made it out for the weekend in her winterized state sporting a heater and a emergency porta potti for night tinkles - and was a heck of a better selection than my parents couch for the weekend....

Always great to take a shot of a nice AS following you...coming across the causeway to my parents placeClick image for larger version

Name:	DSC_0952.jpg
Views:	101
Size:	152.4 KB
ID:	71143

Driveway camping at its best...sure wish it was a little warmer...Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_0960.jpg
Views:	107
Size:	317.8 KB
ID:	71144

uluwene - what a great way to spend your Thanksgiving - such goodwill spirit you have!!! Lord knows MI needs some of that these days - having such a hard go of it.

Hey Steph got your seasons schedule yet. Hey we already missed the best game Toronto vs Red Wings (first game of the season for us) - hmm who won??? Have to check out the schedule to see the next meet up - maybe a girly trip might be in order either west or east - bring pennant and cup along if heading this way. If I am privileged to head your way I will bring duster and stick for the penant
05ModPod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2008, 06:00 PM   #2004
We can tow it!

1996 28' Excella
Where the water tastes like wine , Michigan
Sharon, I'm sure Peter could tell you who won that game. Right after that cup ceremony too.
Old 11-10-2008, 09:02 PM   #2005
Rivet Master

Buckhorn , Ontario
Quote:
Originally Posted by tin sista View Post
Sharon, I'm sure Peter could tell you who won that game. Right after that cup ceremony too.

Have you put your Kayak to bed now?

Ours just got covered in a dusting of snow today...YIKES! it is here WINTER!!!!

ModPod is now Christened Paula!

Working on some prints for submission to a potential local artshow - sneak preview - lots of work ahead.....

Name:	4UO5hO.jpg
Views:	95
Size:	181.4 KB
ID:	71215
Old 11-15-2008, 02:58 PM   #2006
Rivet Master

Lapeer , Michigan
Puppy Cam!! Aren't they sweet?

http://cdn1.ustream.tv/swf/4/viewer.49.swf?cid=317016

What began as a way for a San Francisco couple to keep tabs on their pet Shiba Inu dog Kika’s litter while they were at work has become an unlikely web sensation. Viewers flock to the Internet site Ustream.com to monitor the 5-week old brood’s growth, watching the energetic pups paw and play with one another and have at it with their chew toys.

photography
Old 11-15-2008, 06:01 PM   #2007
Rivet Master

1978 Argosy Minuet 6.7 Metre
1989 29' Excella
Lorain County , Ohio
Send a message via AIM to loudruff Send a message via MSN to loudruff Send a message via Yahoo to loudruff
Cute site

What a litter of cuties! Thanks for the site, Carol! Is it cold up there? We have lots of rain/snow mix falling and it is really windy here. About a half inch of the white is sticking to the ground. Guess winter is here!
Air #2695
TAC- OH 2
#1420 NOVA 4-006 Charter member

loudruff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2008, 08:23 PM   #2008
Rivet Master

Lapeer , Michigan
Hi Lou, it snowed today but nothing sticking yet, the ground is very saturated with standing water. Grey days getting shorter and we're beginning to hibernate. Sat in the Airstream dreaming of traveling.

Those little pups sure wrastle and bite. First they have to find everyone else's tail then they chew on their own. I think "Momma" just put them back in...lots of activity and a voice.

photography
Old 11-16-2008, 07:52 AM   #2009
4 Rivet Member

2003 22' International CCD
Seattle , Washington
Send a message via MSN to JulianneJ
Shiba Puppies! Too cute. I have a Shiba Inu named Rex Luther who is turning 12 in January and he still acts like a puppy. Much to the dismay of my 9 1/2 year old Great Dane and 10 year old Rottie mix, they don't have quite as much energy these days.

2003 International CCD
JulianneJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2008, 10:33 AM   #2010
Rivet Master

1956 22' Safari
2015 27' Flying Cloud
Vintage Kin Owner
Conifer/Evergreen , Colorado
Okay ladies...so anybody want to gather around for a sweet?

I decided to do a little baking for the WBCCI Luncheon I hosted this weekend...we had about 70 attendees at the lunch - I made 90 cookies..so I have a few leftovers. First come first serve ~

Shari
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	1668.jpg
Views:	109
Size:	149.5 KB
ID:	71449   Click image for larger version

Name:	1670.jpg
Views:	85
Size:	48.5 KB
ID:	71450  

WBCCI #1824 - DenCO Unit Past President (2005)
AIR #30 - Join Date: 2-25-2002

RMVAC | ACI - CO Unit (Formerly WBCCI) | BIRDY - our 1956 Safari | 1964 Serro Scotty
InsideOut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2008, 12:59 PM   #2011
Rivet Master

1978 Argosy Minuet 6.7 Metre
1989 29' Excella
Lorain County , Ohio
Send a message via AIM to loudruff Send a message via MSN to loudruff Send a message via Yahoo to loudruff
Wow!

Now that was a labor of love!!! They look great! I would love to sample one! I bought my dear friend, Donna (aka Dieterdog), of those little cookie cutters. I hope she breaks it out and makes some for Christmas! LOL!!! Thanks for the cookie!
Air #2695
TAC- OH 2
#1420 NOVA 4-006 Charter member

loudruff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2008, 01:40 PM   #2012
Rivet Master

Lapeer , Michigan
MMMMM yum yum yum, those are too pretty to eat...crunch, crunch...but they smelled so good and taste even better. I'll save one to look at. Can I have another? Here's coffee and tea ladies.

Shari after seeing your valentine cookies and now your Airstream cookies I think you should go into the bakery business or catering. They are beautiful.

Yeah Lou where's Donna? Donna come to the online rally. And where is Jami these days? There's a whole lot of silver sisters out there, what have you all been doing? Paula what's new with you these days?

Julianne have you a picture of your dogs? Nancy that is a wonderful way to spend Thanksgiving! Louisa you all healed up and no more aerobatics I hope?

photography
Old 11-17-2008, 02:01 PM   #2013
Rivet Master

1956 22' Safari
2015 27' Flying Cloud
Vintage Kin Owner
Conifer/Evergreen , Colorado
Glad you are enjoying them...eat as many as you want, the virtual version has no calories!

I used lime oil in the dough which is what makes them really yummy! I wish I could make a living doing that sort of thing Carol, unfortunately with "my lifestyle" that would be ALOT of cookies!

Shari
WBCCI #1824 - DenCO Unit Past President (2005)
AIR #30 - Join Date: 2-25-2002

RMVAC | ACI - CO Unit (Formerly WBCCI) | BIRDY - our 1956 Safari | 1964 Serro Scotty
InsideOut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2008, 09:31 AM   #2014
Miss Rivette

1965 17' Caravel
Hell , Michigan
Send a message via AIM to airedale Send a message via MSN to airedale Send a message via Yahoo to airedale
Cute Cookies!

Well Ladies, I have some bad news, I was at school last night and my phone and ipod was stollen. So its been a long night of tears and worry. Just wanted to tell everyone, so if i dont email you back right away or dont answer your calls, you know why.
Operation "SAVE RUDY" Strike Team (Charter Member)

Check Out My New Airstream Blog
airedale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2008, 09:52 AM   #2015
Rivet Master

Buckhorn , Ontario
Wow Laura that is awful...

I know the horrible feeling you have when something is stolen.

So sorry to hear that.

Try to not to worry to much - they are only material things and the contacts can be rebuilt a lot easier than you might think.....

I hope you are allright otherwise and it has not dappened your lively spirit.

Hugs.
Sharon - think happy thoughts!!!!!!
Old 11-19-2008, 09:58 AM   #2016
Miss Rivette

1965 17' Caravel
Hell , Michigan
Send a message via AIM to airedale Send a message via MSN to airedale Send a message via Yahoo to airedale
Im trying Sharon, but its hard, that was a lot of money stollen right there. Its all just depressing

Old 11-19-2008, 10:13 AM   #2017
Rivet Master

Buckhorn , Ontario
I know and empathise with what feelings must be flashing through you right now. I have you reported the theft to the authorities?

If I could make it all go away and never happen I would wish it on you Laura. Chin up - think of your airstream and all the fun you had this year.....and all your friends that are thinking of you.....
Old 11-19-2008, 11:55 AM   #2018
Miss Rivette

1965 17' Caravel
Hell , Michigan
Thanks!

Old 11-19-2008, 12:03 PM   #2019
4 Rivet Member

2007 27' International CCD FB
Everett , Washington
Airedale sent me...does that give me street cred? LOL!

Hi, My name is Lois and I'm a silver sister... (Well, I got some silver in my hair...LOL!).

Hubby and I are part-time full-timers in our 2007 27FB Ocean Breeze. Right now we're parked SE of our town to cut hubby's work commute (@10 hours/week). I'm 46, hubby is 51 and we're empty nesters.

We did our first Airforums rally in November (Falluminum)...Had a blast and a half.

So what do I gotta do for initiation? Please don't tell me I gotta do some goat gauntlet thingy...LOL! I did that in college and it brings back wild memories...bwahahahahahahaahhahaha!

/Lois
WBCCI #4018

Just call us Jean & Bill :-)
HankandLois is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2008, 12:07 PM   #2020
Miss Rivette

1965 17' Caravel
Hell , Michigan
Glad to see you joined Lois!