Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > The Rally Zone > Forum Rallies & Meet Ups
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 03-03-2010, 06:16 AM   #2741
Rivet Master

1978 29' Ambassador
Walnut Cove , North Carolina
Sorry more of you can't be here around our fire. Sharon arrived safely and caused a stir in the neighborhood with her amamzing backing skills. We have done nothing but laugh since she got here. We've been joined off and on by the neighborhood gals who have taken pride in Sharon's ability to travel internationally with her Mod Pod. I don't think she intended to come south to enjoy our snow but we just cranked up the fire and made the best of it. Don't think the temps are going to cooperate for us to go kayaking but I'm sure we will be able to entertain ourselves. R has hung in there having his home invaded by ladies drinking Bloody Marys at eleven am and cackling into the night. They say laughter is the best medicine-if thats true Sharon will be in good shape to face her ankle replacemnt surgery. Well we got another two inches of snow yesterday, cold, wet and sloppy but the sun is shining today so we ill get the salt washed of the Mod Pod and see what other mischief we can get into.
Old 03-04-2010, 01:52 AM   #2742
2 Rivet Member

1991 34' Limited
we will go with our hearts , Texas
Hi everyone. Just checking in on everyone. Not much to tell here. Gregg is in the hospital ... I tried to go to the store and got confused. I miss him not sure what will happen when he leaves. I wish I could be with him it is very lonely doubt I can do this long.

I did find silver sisters on facebook. tried to load pictures but it flopped

You guys take care and I think of you often in prayer and thought... wish I could have gotten to know all of you ..
Victorialhq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2010, 06:40 AM   #2743
Pet Sitter Extraordinaire

1989 33' Land Yacht
Chattanooga , Tennessee
Victoria, hang in there and know that you and Greg are in my prayers.
kposey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2010, 08:23 AM   #2744
2 Rivet Member

2004 25' Safari
san antonio , Texas
Victoria, you should know that you are in my prayers also. Don't give up, you are loved.
JudyBug
judybug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2010, 08:39 PM   #2745
Rivet Master

2007 23' International CCD
Lapeer , Michigan
How is every one out there? Long time no hear from a lot of the sisters. Lucky Western Sisters are out having fun. We Eastern sisters are just beginning to emerge from our igloos.

Sharon where are you? Victoria hope you are good. Carol hope you are home from the hospital. Where is everybody?

Me, I spent today washing, vacuming, and lining the drawers and cabinets with skid cloth and generally bonding with the Airstream. Boy I love it! There are leaks. DH blasted it with the power washer and we have several suspect entrances. Hope we find them. Basically the entire Airstream needs to be sealed and given much neglected maintainence. Traps are empty and I think mice are gone. I have yet to bring things into the Airstream and keep going round with cleaning and checking by degrees. Loving every minute in it too!

photography
wheel interested is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2010, 09:01 PM   #2746
Rivet Master

2005 22' International CCD
Buckhorn , Ontario
Hey - glad you are having fun with your new to you As...Carol.

I had caught a mouse in my ModPod just one little bugger before they had a chance to get to cozy before the winter set in at home. Dirty vermin....

I am in South Carolina - doing not much of anything. NO Golf, no walking no riding. I am just stuck in a beautiful park.

I did a slice and dice the day I arrived with a really sharp knife to the tune of 16 stitches or at least 16 loops as the fellow said he would be there all night doing one at a time.

Cutting from right to left and into the top of my left wrist at the crease. I have done a bit of damage to some muscle strands and possible a slight trauma to the forefinger and thumb tendons will know more on the mobility once the stitches are out - but it will not stop draining and it has been 7 days now - stitches are supposed to come out in another 2 days but I highly doubt it.

It has been a real challenge, and someone will have to help me move my rig on Wed to a new site. I will not be able to drive my rig home until my wrist is good and strong. I just will not take that chance. So hopefully it will be much better in another 12 days, when my booking ends here.

I'd post a picture but obviously it is subscription time again at the forums....I went from green to red over night....
05ModPod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2010, 09:14 PM   #2747
Rivet Master

Lapeer , Michigan
Send it to me and I will post it. How did you cut yourself? So sorry to hear that. Are you in pain?

photography
Old 03-17-2010, 09:26 PM   #2748
Rivet Master

Lapeer , Michigan
Sharon keep us posted on your progress. We hope you are mending fast and that someone moved your rig for you today. Hope you have the girls with to keep you company. I know you are not one to sit still for long!

The weather here has been wonderful, nearly 60 degrees today and so sunny it was hot. Boy did that feel good. We sat outside and warmed ourselves.

Happy Saint Patty's Day everyone!

photography
Old 03-18-2010, 04:18 PM   #2749
Rivet Master

1957 26' Overlander
Currently Looking...
Saint Augustine , Florida
I've been hibernating on the east coast. However, the heat from dealing with the incompetence of the dealer I have been trying to settle the title of my airstream is warming things up a bit. Yesterday I was told that I had a title. I go there today and they give me a registration. No title. They say that they can not issue a title because the AS weighs under the 2000 lbs that FL requires for a title. What a copout. I was luckily contacted by the former owner who gave me some information about the previous owners, and I have a slight lead as to where the trailer may have last been titled. I plan to do a search myself, because I'd like a legal title!!

In the meantime, I've been out my money for almost four months and afraid to move my AS home. But I am just dying to start working on it. Time's a wasting, and the warmer it gets, the harder it is. (SIGH)...

I'm trying to stay calm, but the fire's burning within!!

AIR # 42703
TCT Member
TAC # FL~6
WBCCI # 1464

'57 Overlander thread:"the end of the rainbow is silver"
Silverfoxrae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2010, 09:29 PM   #2750
Rivet Master

Buckhorn , Ontario
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silverfoxrae View Post
I plan to do a search myself, because I'd like a legal title!!
Have you tried going straight to the Airstream Factory - they have records and can vouch for their products if you can provide them with a timed registration number of the Airstream They can at least give you a Manufacturers confirmation letter that will help at the DMV office. Good Luck.
Old 03-20-2010, 09:58 PM   #2751
Rivet Master

Buckhorn , Ontario
Well sorry it has taken a while - I have really not been feeling the greatest. The wrist has been a great challenge, and then I got really bad abscess on my jaw where I had a little cyst I am scheduled to have two removed in June - nope the damn thing could not wait. I had a problem not an hour or two before my wrist accident just after I got in. I finished de-winterizing but was getting no water from the kitchen tap - so I thought maybe the hose was kinked so I stuck my head under the sink and into the back compartment and got stuck and bashed the jaw - which I guess was enough to flare up the cyst.

So on Tuesday I had to go to the Dr. Again. I am on new pain killers and two antibiotics - also for my wrist that is still draining and I will most likely not get stitches out until Monday - and even then it will not be healed but the stitches have to come out before they start to get infected. So I may be into more issues the beginning of the week. I really filet the skin down to the tendons and above the wound the skin is working really hard to re-attach but not there yet - so the draining is preventing the laceration from healing. I can see possibly having steri strips and immobilize the wrist to prevent the wound from gapping open.

A really nice Gentleman from London Ontario (non aristreamer) helped me with the things I could not handle last Wednesday Like the heavy receiver, putting my awning up for me - taking my hoses off - I have no gripping power whatsoever. I really just started typing a bit more on Thursday instead of one -handing it.

It is healing and everything looks okay but just really slow - and then being infected with the abscess just was not helping matters either. I have only really just started to feel good on Friday.

This taken on day 3
Click image for larger version

Name:	102_0375.jpg
Views:	129
Size:	124.9 KB
ID:	98507

Day 7

Name:	102_0389.jpg
Views:	119
Size:	116.4 KB
ID:	98508

It is now day 14 and it has not changed much - although the stitches are starting to pull a bit and bury into the skin so I am in between a rock and a hard place.

However I could not ask for a nicer place to be held up.

I am more than likely staying till April 5 to give this wrist a good chance to heal. I am so worried that I am going to have a hard time weight bearing with crutches with my ankle surgery only 5 weeks away now...
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	102_0432.jpg
Views:	125
Size:	448.4 KB
ID:	98509  
Old 03-20-2010, 10:33 PM   #2752
Rivet Master

Buckhorn , Ontario
Carol - thanks for the e-mail - no need to worry I am doing fine hope the above sets your mind easy.

Good thing I just did not post these and say guess what I had for dinner...

You can see the pad of butter on the floor - the damn thing sailed out off the butter dish...and I did not even get half way through it. Keep in mind it was rock hard - so I had a heck of a lot of torque on this very very sharp knife! so the gash was in and upward - and here I was worried that I was going to cut my finger if the knife slipped so I move my hand right down..

Will post pics below gosh I am really not impressed with the US wifi signals encountered thus far...arg maybe it is me with no patience at the moment - I am tired...
Old 03-20-2010, 11:03 PM   #2753
Rivet Master

Buckhorn , Ontario
And that was the lovely half cast they put on me for 3 days.
I was more concerned about getting blood on me and my carpets so I was darn quick at grabbing paper towel then to the bathroom to grab a towel - yellow or blue yellow or blue!!! darn could not make up my mind

Name:	102_0359.jpg
Views:	130
Size:	163.9 KB
ID:	98511

Name:	102_0362.jpg
Views:	106
Size:	66.2 KB
ID:	98513

Name:	102_0360.jpg
Views:	118
Size:	175.6 KB
ID:	98512

Name:	102_0368.jpg
Views:	99
Size:	112.5 KB
ID:	98514
Old 03-20-2010, 11:13 PM   #2754
Rivet Master

Lapeer , Michigan
OWIE!!!!!!!!!! That looks worse than I was thinking. That isn't a cut that is almost dismemberment!

Butter knives are for butter and butcher knives are for butchering and that you did. Oh my girl that is nasty I am ever so sorry you had that slip. Frozen food is always the worse for slippage. Nuke it and put the sharp objects far far away.

I am glad you had a friend to lend a hand. You could always store the AS and take public transportation home or hire a really cute chauffeur. For that matter how about the next Rivette Rally we ALL hire cute drivers...

But I don't see butter, or even Parkay. Oh there it is...Where's Fabio when a girl wants buttering up? He could have saved you. Your picture of the Airstream in the beautiful setting is lovely. So hang in there and try to take it easy. Maybe someone could paint your toes while you relax and heal.

photography
Old 03-21-2010, 06:30 AM   #2755
Rivet Master

1978 29' Ambassador
Sharon what are we going to do with you? I agree with Carol, no mere laceration, looks like you tried to hack it off. We are going to change your name to Calamity Jane. I hate that I have so much going on or I would hop in the car and come down there.Guess you will have to come back next fall for a do over. Maybe you can rent a hoverround to get around. Don't think you need to be weight bearing on your wrist.Hang in there-things will get better. New baby should be here any minute!!
Old 03-21-2010, 07:25 AM   #2756
Rivet Master

Buckhorn , Ontario
I thought I would catch up on the post of my wrist - so I could use it as my excuse for being so tardy in that I am long over due (however I would not be honest if I did not say that I one handed pecked out a big long response and was deciding over photos to post and well I just kept loosing the signal and would loose my post. So I gave up until I felt a bit better).... in telling you all on what a wonderful time I had with Dannie and her Husband Richard.... and all Dannies wonderful friends in Walnut Cove. The place is absolutely fascinating, filled with both history, nostalgia, family history and what town would be a town without it's "real life stories". eh Dannie...

Dannie as you may all know here, is a remarkable woman and loved by so many people. And with lots of friends you can count on a few laughs, but this past week with Dannie I have laughed so hard! it was such a welcome breath of fresh air. (see honest I did write this right after)

Dannie's endearing smile, and daring but quiet personality will set you at ease. And COOK man the woman can Cook up a storm! Now rumour has it I am a picky eater - that rumour would be correct. But nevertheless, with D's extensive menu I did just fine. Along with sampling the local cuisine - I would not have a chance in hell trying to loose weight for my surgery in Walnut Cove. Especially with 11:00 am Blood Mary's. and twilight lime Budlights with Richard.

Although we were a tad early - I was privileged to experience Walnut Cove's one and only "Bikers Bar" Of course we were there for a really great cause. To ask for permission to put up a poster for The Rotary Club's "Flight of Honour" Which of course I had the honour of attending their lunch meeting with Dannie and being introduced as the backing up queen of sorts - although I did get a few strange looks...not everyone is as thrilled about towing solo as Dannie and I are ha we some times forget that tee hee.

We were not able to sell tickets so we took the opportunity to have a drink with the ladies. Me of course had to leave my mark somehow this trip, and saw my perfect opportunity.

Just waiting on which photos to post but will sort them out and get a few uploaded and posted eh Dannie???

So as I am well on the mend now - sorry D I have been so quiet, it has not been the best of starts down here, but everything is starting to "spring" up and out and all around me now, D you know I am in good hands

Thank you so Much Dannie for all your wonderful hospitality and friendship...I had a great time....say hi To Richard for me. If I don't head back your way - please please please have a safe trip to Haiti I will watch for any updates - gosh be careful okay!!!!

Pics to follow...
Old 03-21-2010, 09:07 AM   #2757
Rivet Master

Lapeer , Michigan
Anyone remember Saturday Night Live with the French chef? Hope this brings a smile Sharon. It's my humorous get well card to you.

Cutting it up in the kitchen with Juliet Child, "Now I've done it, I've cut the dickens out of my finger."

Hulu - Saturday Night Live: The French Chef

photography
Old 03-21-2010, 09:11 AM   #2758
Rivet Master

Buckhorn , Ontario
Okay here are a few pics thus far...Sorry this little kodak is just not up to snuff and I will be taking it back prior to the 30 day return policy. But I have got a few little ones out of it seems to perform well in certain light - the rest are terribly grainy and gosh you have to hold darn still not to get shutter blur even with the handshake option pressed.

Not really in any particular order and my signal is so slow that I do not have the patience to do the preview post to see what order they have come in either...

Now one of these photos my dear friend Dannie is going to shoot me over or chop off my camera hand the next time I see her......but you see I need to tell you a little story.

Dannie and I were tottling off somewhere and I spied a Spartan Mannor and went ohhhh loooook....Dannie immediately put the brakes on and turned over the tracks and headed down the dirt lane She said "You know I have driven by this for so long now and wanted to stop in - now is as good a time as any" So we followed the drive around to where we saw someone - it was a gardener. Dannies asked me to go in I said what are you crazy.....she then called me a "weenie" now we all know what that means - I am a "girly girl!" ha...Then we met up with her friend Deb the Vet later on and honestly I forgot what we were talking about - and out comes Deb with the same thing - "Oh your just a "girly girl" again - now I was starting to get some sort of complex...

So when the biker bar was mentioned I swallowed my stomach - I thought OMG I am going to be swept away by some biker mama with Tats all over and piercings in places we should not mention here... no offence to those with Tats or piercings just used to embellish my future Pain I will receive from Dannie for posting the fact - that DANNIE is NO Girly GIRL she just associates with one - so the Gals From Walnut Cove say - but I sure can back an AS up EH!!!

Okay so my mark neglected to say where I was from- just in case that Biker Mama ever read it and did not quite understand my dry English Humour...

Now onto that big desert bowl that Deb is wowing at - lets just say that Dannie felt it was more important to do desert as she had already done lunch and we had not - so we all drooled as Dannie seemed to make these really strange faces as she was eating that delicious concoction.

Oh and being the Town Vet - there really is no place Deb can go without meeting up with some Fur parents...now it is not pictured and I missed taking it but this woman with the colourful sweater had a really cool beer cooler jacket - Carol you would have loved it - it was a really pink fuzzy flamingo I have never seen anything like it.....

Name:	102_0288_2.jpg
Views:	102
Size:	161.2 KB
ID:	98530

Name:	102_0295.jpg
Views:	146
Size:	210.6 KB
ID:	98532

Name:	102_0269.jpg
Views:	105
Size:	300.3 KB
ID:	98524

Name:	102_0286.jpg
Views:	119
Size:	153.8 KB
ID:	98529

Name:	102_0275.jpg
Views:	117
Size:	268.2 KB
ID:	98525

Name:	102_0297.jpg
Views:	113
Size:	208.7 KB
ID:	98534

Name:	102_0280.jpg
Views:	110
Size:	159.8 KB
ID:	98526

Name:	102_0294_2.jpg
Views:	160
Size:	236.3 KB
ID:	98531

Name:	102_0281.jpg
Views:	114
Size:	223.8 KB
ID:	98527

Name:	102_0296.jpg
Views:	129
Size:	207.7 KB
ID:	98533
Old 03-21-2010, 02:02 PM   #2759
Rivet Master

1978 29' Ambassador
Oh my, all my secrets have been revealed!!!!!
Old 03-21-2010, 07:23 PM   #2760
Rivet Master

Buckhorn , Ontario
Well that was an interesting day. As the made rush out of the park by 11:00 some weenie out there decided to take out one of the water spigots - sorry you definitely know it was a guy to pull that off so well

So I was without water for a big chunk of the day - not that I really needed it. Next as I was posting this morning a storm flew in and took out the wifi so I have been cut off most of today. So I decide to watch a few DVD's One would not even work so I had to take it back and they gave me a different one - it was doing great ha till the end of the movie!!! So I did not really get to see the proper end I had to go to UTube to at least the last 8 minutes of the movie but I missed the whole set up of how it would pan out...Michael Clayton was the movie so if anyone knows where I can get the scenes free - I'm dying over here. It is like reading a novel and your puppy comes along and east the end of the book...

Anyway back to a few more pics. You could imagine when I got asked to go out to "Shag Night" ha just kidding - we decided to head out after the bar for a coffee and ended up at this sweet place actual I felt quite at home there. Dannie and I had been on several different occasions. But this night was Shag night. We listened to the music for a bit that was playing on the other side of the cafe.

And a few more of Dannies charges - of course with a Vet as a BF, you can count on taking on a few fur babies....and Dannie has a few. D I am sorry I can not remember all their names...

And it was so nice to see a bit of Spring after driving 800 miles south to wake up to 2 inches of snow!!! but it was gone by the end of the week and as you can see the weather was Beautiful on the 6th.

Dannie is very talented in so many ways. I caught her sunning and making baskets out of grape vine the morning I was getting ready to leave.

Now I will confess - I did have permission from Dannie to post these two photos but not the one in the previous post - so Gals help me out here as I am going to have to owe Dannie big time....

Thanks for being a great sport Dannie - but notice there are none of Me
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	102_0324.jpg
Views:	128
Size:	248.0 KB
ID:	98568   Click image for larger version

Name:	102_0323.jpg
Views:	122
Size:	107.2 KB
ID:	98569