Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > The Rally Zone > Forum Rallies & Meet Ups
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 09-01-2010, 01:26 PM   #2881
Rivet Master

2007 23' International CCD
Lapeer , Michigan
the spirit of gratitude

Hi Sisters! Let's get this rally going with a few new logs in the firepit.

I came across a quotation today and I want to share it with you. The words felt special to me. We all have difficulties to deal with from time to time and sometimes we are just too stressed to make our way and we may flounder, or wallow, or stumble awhile, losing our joy and the big picture. Encouragement and support and a spirit of gratitude go long to drastically improve ones disposition and outlook. Sometimes it seems like the more we need encouragement the more we withdraw from those that can offer it. So here are a few words that made a big impression upon me today, along with hugs to all my gal pals here. I hope all are faring well and look forward to hearing from you again and what you have been doing.

"Gratitude unlocks the fullness of life. It turns what we have into enough, and more. It turns denial into acceptance, chaos to order, confusion to clarity. It can turn a meal into a feast, a house into a home, a stranger into a friend. Gratitude makes sense of our past, brings peace for today, and creates a vision for tomorrow."
Melody Beattie

photography
wheel interested is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2010, 11:21 PM   #2882
4 Rivet Member

1975 25' Tradewind
, Michigan
Send a message via AIM to eikel1we
Hi Carol and sisters. It's been hot here in the middle of the mitt again .... and h u m i d. The weatherman says a high of 69* for Sat. Go figure. That would be a much better time to make that campfire in this neck of the woods. Ike & I took a pre-breakfast pontoon cruise around the lake yesterday a.m. and again before a late supper. Sun bad, shade good, A/C terrific!!

Our Sarah has embarked on a new adventure and the family couldn't be happier for her. She has left her job with Western MI Univ., taken a part timer with Oakland Univ. and will continue her doctoral studies full time when classes start. We moved her belongings across the state almost 3 wks ago, she finished up the last few days at her job and then stayed with us for a while before going to her new place to settle in. She got a lot of water skiing in and we so enjoyed having her here.

Mary & Mike have spent several wknds. with us and all be here for the holiday. Like always, everyone around the lake is hoping for good weather for the " last hoorah" of the season. I can't believe fall is nearly here already. I wish you all a really nice , safe wknd. whether near or far from home.

Carol, that is wonderful quote. Sometimes things like that come along at surprising times and give us food for thought. Thanks for sharing.

That's pretty much it for me. What interesting things have you other Sisters been up to???

nitey to all, ~ S

ps Sharon, I happy Peter is having a chance at improving his health and hoping all will go well for you two from here on out.
2004 GMC Yukon XL 2500
Michigan - "middle of the mitt"
eikel1we is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2010, 12:06 AM   #2883
Rivet Master

2005 22' International CCD
Buckhorn , Ontario
Quote:
Originally Posted by wheel interested View Post
"Gratitude unlocks the fullness of life. It turns what we have into enough, and more. It turns denial into acceptance, chaos to order, confusion to clarity. It can turn a meal into a feast, a house into a home, a stranger into a friend. Gratitude makes sense of our past, brings peace for today, and creates a vision for tomorrow."
Melody Beattie
That is a great quote Carol - I can so relate to those words on more levels than you can imagine right about now.

Thanks for sharing....

Sue - thanks for your thoughts.

We just got excellent news that a subsidiary Government Drug plan is going to cover his post surgery meds. This was a huge "if" and we were actually teetering on selling our home in preparation for the long term medical costs.

We are still recovering from the 4 year land fight where our credit rating took a huge slam. We only have a few more months to go now before we can be placed back up in the Good Payers category. It really is a bad thing when people meddle in your life. But as the quote infers above - we have so very much to be grateful for even though we have faced such adversity over the past few years.

Peter is going to list fairly soon now - we were tying his list date to the listing of our house but with today's news we are re-thinking or re-visiting our immediate plan.

I am still heading to College. Because of the distance and this specialized program only being full time attendance. I am having to move closer to the College. So I have rented a farm 10 minutes from the College which I will be sharing with a few roommates TBD at this point.

It is very exciting but scary as well.

I had a great trip out west as did Peter's shorter version. I took a bit more time to come home than it took for us to drive out to Edmonton. Peter really enjoyed the stress free travel in not having to do any of the driving. Just sit back and relax and enjoy the scenery. He really need the chance to unwind from his terrible ordeal over the winter. He was able to go into his assessment week nice and de-stressed.

I have been very lucky to have been able to spend as much time as I have in ModPod. But now it is time to get back into life a bit more seriously. It has been a very un-restful 4 years, along with the loss of Mum - all very emotional and traumatic. However, we all seemed to have surfaced on the other side with a fresh new outlook and a specific focus for each of us.
05ModPod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2010, 08:16 PM   #2884
Rivet Master

Lapeer , Michigan
Sharon come bring your chocolate flavored sherry to the fire. I've got some spice cookies and we can all settle in for a chat especially when the others arrive. I am glad to hear that you and Suz have had a very exciting and productive summer. So many new plans for the future, that is super to hear. I have some news myself. As I wrestled with my decision to go to Kentucky and work for Amazon in shipping for several months for the holiday season just to find some kind of employment, I went to sleep with a prayer, and woke up with an answer, a phone call of an unexpected job opportunity! I had an interview today and tomorrow I meet the client as a new home health aide from one of the local agencies. With Brad and I each having a part time job now we can begin to make our new way. Life sure is full of curves. There have been blessings to appreciate and lessons to have learned, the most recent, that happiness comes from attitude and not circumstance and that we do not direct our very steps but must yield, having faith, to find peace. So yeah I am very excited over the new prospect of having a job and being able to plan a few simple indulgences now and then, like gas money to move the Airstream. Well, now I can dream anyway...

Cookie anyone? Where are those restorer gals? Seems to me they had some proper projects that were looking good last we heard... And who has just finished up or is planning an awesome trip? Lou and Larry stopped by on their way back from Fantastic Vent. We had a moveable driveway rally all the way from Ohio!

photography
Old 09-02-2010, 08:38 PM   #2885
Rivet Master

Buckhorn , Ontario
Wish I could - it is a special order that usually happens during the winter - but if I save some pennies with whatever job I may find then I sure will - maybe I can convince Peter to go halves with me

Carol that is fantastic news....what is that saying - all good things come to those who have patience. (Just a little bit of a double meaning there) Your "clients" will be very lucky people to have your care.

Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_8173.jpg
Views:	97
Size:	179.2 KB
ID:	109985
Sometimes our focus is beyond our vision
Separate the petals to see further
Life will appear larger than imaginable
There is much work yet to be done
A life time in fact....
Old 09-02-2010, 08:54 PM   #2886
Rivet Master

Lapeer , Michigan
Beautiful picture and verse Sharon. What a lovely daily planner your pictures and verses would make! Just bring the "online" version of the sherry and it will last a lot longer. But MMMM that was good.

Do you have farm pictures of where you will be staying for the school season?

October the new grants will be out and they may have CNA training available in this area. I haven't decided one way or another but I am on the waiting list to keep that option open for me.

It's been so long since Jamie was here, I wonder if she has finished her classes?

photography
Old 09-02-2010, 08:57 PM   #2887
Rivet Master

1978 Argosy Minuet 6.7 Metre
1989 29' Excella
Lorain County , Ohio
Send a message via AIM to loudruff Send a message via MSN to loudruff Send a message via Yahoo to loudruff
summer

It sounds like everyone is having a good news day! I hope that all are experiencing the great weather we have had the last week or so.
Larry and I have been trying to spread the word about great driveway rallying. It is inexpensive and a wonderful way to meet great folks, and visit, and hopefully bring a little sunshine into somebody's backyard. We have been blessed with great driveway guests for the past 9 yrs. which saved our sanity while we were caregivers to my family. We look forward to many more driveway camp-ins.
We have some "newlyweds" coming in on their honeymoon voyage tomorrow. That will be fun! And on Mon. we will have another couple that we have been getting acquainted with online for a little while. We finally get to meet face to face. That is always wonderful!
This is Labor Day weekend! I will be having a bonfire and a picnic in the backyard on Mon. afternoon if anyone is near enough to come and driveway camp with us....you are welcome to join in!
Air #2695
TAC- OH 2
#1420 NOVA 4-006 Charter member

loudruff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2010, 09:13 PM   #2888
Rivet Master

Lapeer , Michigan
Cool! I know you will be having a great time with those rallies Lou. The weather here is divine, if it could only stay like this I would love that. You certainly are onto a good idea and way to have fun without having to have to break the bank, driveway rallies are a pretty cool phenomenon. I do believe you started it, you surely have refined it and perfected it!

And then Lauren's wedding isn't too far off either. You'll have to intiate that new driveway of theirs before too long passes, don't you think?

photography
Old 09-12-2010, 06:46 PM   #2889
Rivet Master

1978 29' Ambassador
Walnut Cove , North Carolina
Hello Sisters, Good news too-my sister is improving and will be moved home from rehab on the 17th. She has had to learn to swallow and gain her strength but the future looks good for her. Sharon, loved having you here for a few days. Really you were angel sent to come in the drive just as I found my sweet Sandy. She is back home now in a beautiful wood box. Thank you for making her passing a little easier. I am getting ready for my last art workshop of the season and then R and I will hit the road for a beach trip with friends. We took out the recliners and replaced them with a loveseat that just fits me.It was in the Princess and it gives us much more room and we can even use the table now. We spent 4 weeks in Queenie this summer in Cedar Mountain, NC at the Black Forrest Campground and highly recommend it. Our friends here in WC just bought a 87 AS 32' and he fell off the roof repairing the ac fractured his femur:<Grandbaby "8 due Jan 11. Busy as always. Hope the fall brings you some good camping days.
Old 09-12-2010, 07:23 PM   #2890
Rivet Master

Buckhorn , Ontario
Quote:
Originally Posted by danalee View Post
....Sharon, loved having you here for a few days. Really you were angel sent to come in the drive just as I found my sweet Sandy. She is back home now in a beautiful wood box. Thank you for making her passing a little easier.
Hi Dannie...you are so very welcome - I am really glad that I was there for you. You were such a sweet Mum to Sandy and what a beautiful way for her to pass onto the Rainbow Bridge my friend. She will I am sure be in great company while waiting for you one day in the very very far future.....

That is super news about your sister. She too must have a guardian angel! I will keep her in my prayers for a speedy recovery.

Well it has been a while since I have had two minutes to post on the board.

I finished my first week of Orientation at College. It is a great place and a super nice bunch of faculty and students. We are getting to know our section closely and will be spending so much time on assignments and in class.

It was a lot of fun - even had the ID photo done and for the first time in my life I am happy with the photo - they did a nice job. Ha I threatened the fellow if he did not take 20 years off me in the photo - ha he did a pretty good job!

We met with 2nd years and had a double class photo posted below.

Name:	class20101.jpg
Views:	112
Size:	67.8 KB
ID:	110647

After a great week, I was to head home for my 27th Anniversary diner with Peter. But instead I ended my week with a Bang! and a truck now in the shop for repairs.

Just coming along our country road at the farm and there was a wasp in my truck - I watched him for a second or two until he landed on the passenger window. I was going to pull over but thought I would just put the window down and he would fly out. You see I have a severe allergy to yellow jackets!!! so he was freaking me out a bit being in my truck uninvited!!!!

Well I guess I had my eyes off the road just a bit too long - I wondered a bit to the right and my tire caught a rut at the edge of the black top and threw me off into the ditch.

Name:	DSC_5511.jpg
Views:	100
Size:	276.7 KB
ID:	110646

My mirror hit the sign in the photo below and literally exploded sending glass and powder all over me and the inside of the cab. It blinded me for a second. In that next 3 seconds.

Name:	DSC_5477.jpg
Views:	103
Size:	415.2 KB
ID:	110642

I had careened over the next driveway taking out two pails of garbage and then down into the next ditch.

Name:	DSC_5481.jpg
Views:	84
Size:	478.2 KB
ID:	110643
Just at the last second I saw the cedar tree and floored it and pulled the steering all the way to the left to get of the trees way - as I knew I would never stop in time and have way more damage.

Ironically the little bugger was killed instantly at the scene!!

Name:	DSC_5492.jpg
Views:	115
Size:	175.4 KB
ID:	110645

So I ended up with a damaged dash and passenger leather seat from the glass, Mirror toast, side passenger window toast, scratch and chunk out of passenger door from the sign as well as scratches on the rear door and scratched glass and scratches on the paint on the rear cap....and my PRIDE and EGO severely bruised!! Ha I had glass hit me everywhere and only one tiny piece stuck to my knuckle while on the steering wheel. I was even pulling the stuff out of my underwear that had obviously gone down the back of my shirt

Amazing what happens in a split second to distract you and then to loose control of your car for a split second too. I am glad my defensive driving skills kicked in just as I could finally see where I was going.

Name:	DSC_5487.jpg
Size:	189.8 KB
ID:	110644

Dang and after almost 10K miles without a single incident....But someone was certainly watching out for me.

I got a rental Truck for the time mine is in the shop - so the girls will still be able to come for car rides.

Hope all keep and drive safe out there...heading into a full schedule of classes starting tomorrow.

We have our first assignment too - to interview and shoot an interesting person that we do not know...so I just might start with Don Hackett the fellow who owns the Collision shop where my truck is just down the road from the Farm
Old 10-05-2010, 04:41 PM   #2891
Rivet Master

Buckhorn , Ontario
Now into my 4th week I have a bout a few minutes to surface and give you all a bit of an update.

I am having a lot of fun at school and my section is a great bunch of people we have all got to know each other pretty good. There is a bit of a mix in age range with 4 or 5 of us being in the mature student category which makes it a little easier than just being in a class of 18 years by yourself.

The program is geared to "news" mostly spot news which really is not my forte or what I really want to get into. But it teaches you the principals you need to enter any portion of the photojournalism field. More in depth styles will be taught in second semester and second year so I am looking forward to getting semester one under the belt.

The farm where I am living is okay but I am missing my home. I appreciate the serenity of the forest when you live in an open field after a while. Living near a city the white noise is amazing for light and you never really get to see the stars at night like I do at home.

I had the girls with me for the first 3 weeks and took them along with the trailer home this past weekend. I have a couple of really heavy weeks ahead to make up classes and assignments I will miss being away the first week of November - I am finally scheduled for a surgery!! I could not escape all of them - the knee is up for a scope repair of the meniscus that I trashed on my winter vacation. He can't bring it all back but he said that he could give me a 50% improvement so I thought that was well worth it.

The girls were having too much fun here at the farm and starting to wander further away. The keep getting into horse poop and bur bushes - as well Peter is missing them so we decided to share them a bit. It is very quiet and lonely without the girls, and my bed warmer Haily is missed even more - although I would complain that she takes up all my leg space

The first semester is all about learning the technical aspects of your camera, and the different styles of writing for different news stories. I have used my elaborate camera for too long as a point and shoot and it has been almost 20 years since I was shooting with my slr and had my shutter speeds, aperture and ISO settings at the drop of a hat. So I am having a bit of a technical lag, which is taking away from my creativity.

Another aspect of this program is inanimate objects are not the focus so there goes all the scenery shots - they want people and news. I have never really liked taken those type of shots so I am out of my comfort zone. Again thought it is a welcome change and is a challenge too. I still try to include a few of my nature shooting when I can - a few below.

I was very lucky my first week - and happened upon some spot news and arrived on the scene about 3 minutes after it happened, got some shots off and then went back to the college and asked if I could submit them to the school online paper. I had no idea what I was doing but managed to get the lead story - so I am published already which is a big load off. As we have to have our work published three times throughout the semester - so I just have to work at 2 more.

We have seminars every week with previous grads who come and show their work and where they ended up - so we are getting some great ideas and insight into the field.

I am learning new software, jargan and homework up the gazooo!!!!! The program is pretty intense with not much time in between new things being taught so at times it is a bit of an information overload.

My first discouraging element is the news. For our writing class we have to become news savy - our first week we had a quiz on the daily news and I bombed terribly. I literally had not picked up a newspaper, watch tv news or even online news nor listened to the radio ever since 9/11. I find the news so very depressing and it makes me too emotional. So again I am having to come way out of my shell and face all the horrible things going on around the world around us. So this past 10 days I have been saturated with news and thought OMG I will retain none of this - there is just so much news from all the different media. Well I improved my mark 10 fold so it was a pleasant surprise how my me ole brain still sponges in But really dead pigs, stolen puppies, terrorist threats, wife beating, elections, protests and teenage suicides it is enough to make me run and hide!!! Where are the happy stories in the news????? Do people only ever want to hear about other peoples hardships?

I am really missing travelling and hope to head out maybe with my trailer but possibly only with my clubs for reading week. I look forward to my Christmas Break where I will be heading south for a four weeks but better than no weeks that is for sure.

Peter is doing well and is about a week out now from going on the list for his Islet Transplant - he will be on call and we will have a 48 hours time frame from his call to getting out to Edmonton. I have informed all my instructors and they are going to do everything they can to help me out with assignments while I am away and possible skype some of my lectures so that I can still participate.

Well I just wanted to pop in and say hello. How is everyone doing - I guess some will be winterizing soon and others getting your rigs ready for your SnowBirding.

I lasted 3 weeks before I got the "student" cold - our whole section is sick with exception of a few lucky ones. I have a nasty cough now and hopefully will work its way through by the end of this week. I have a great schedule with lots of time to get things done. Monday class starts at 11:00 Wednesday afternoons off and only one class on Friday Morning so I can get away pretty early for a weekend trip.

I will post pics next - just waiting for them to download - I have to shoot in RAW which are huge files and it takes for ever.

Hope you are all doing great - getting out in your Airstreams and having fun with family and friends.

PS for anyone thinking about going back to school - it is well worth it. There are so many resources today for the older student going back - they really are vested in your success and making you feel as comfortable as possible.
Old 10-05-2010, 04:53 PM   #2892
Rivet Master

Buckhorn , Ontario
Here are a few shots now totally manual playing with lighting and still getting the shots to come through. They are around the farm. I will post some of the assignment shots next.

I will say one thing - the weather has been absolutely terrible, and for our assignments we are not allowed to use flash or even fill flash - they are really tough on your settings and no fudging your photos to make them look spectacular like some people really bump up saturation and fix pixels and stuff. I have normally adjusted the exposure if I am a little off here and there but nothing major before so it is not a big change for me that way.

Name:	DSC_6526.jpg
Views:	98
Size:	201.5 KB
ID:	112497

Name:	DSC_5737.jpg
Views:	111
Size:	241.1 KB
ID:	112493

Name:	DSC_6462.jpg
Views:	121
Size:	240.7 KB
ID:	112496

Name:	DSC_6458.jpg
Views:	136
Size:	285.1 KB
ID:	112495

Name:	DSC_5709.jpg
Views:	91
Size:	115.7 KB
ID:	112492

Name:	DSC_5742.jpg
Views:	88
Size:	142.4 KB
ID:	112494
Old 10-05-2010, 07:07 PM   #2893
Rivet Master

Buckhorn , Ontario
Well I had mentioned Haily and Taz getting into the bur bushes. This was the first time and That big clump of hair you see on the garbage lid is actually Haily's entire TAIL!!!! - she had such a beautiful whispy tail and it was completely in a ball when she came home - I had no choice but to cut it all off. ha ha well I know it looks like I actually cut her tail right off but it is there still - but sporting a punk rock layered look and very similar to a lab tail now - it will not be until the summer before she will grow her lovely tail back for sure.

Name:	DSC_5807.jpg
Size:	459.4 KB
ID:	112510

Name:	DSC_5810.jpg
Views:	105
Size:	126.6 KB
ID:	112511

Then next set is a freeze and blur shot - getting to know the shutter speeds and ISO settings

Name:	DSC_5838.jpg
Views:	103
Size:	311.8 KB
ID:	112513Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_5836.jpg
Size:	299.3 KB
ID:	112512
Old 10-05-2010, 07:10 PM   #2894
Rivet Master

Buckhorn , Ontario
I had a chance to go to Ottawa to a Professional Photojournalism Lecture series it was great. We had a bit of a chance to walk around - one of these photos I submitted for an assignment along with the panning technique. That is not easy to do by any stretch. Poor Peter I almost gave him a heart attack making him ride the bike - but the poor bugger could not ride fast enough for me to get a good sample - so I headed up to the highway for an easier shot.

Name:	DSC_5859.jpg
Views:	121
Size:	82.5 KB
ID:	112514

Name:	DSC_6385.jpg
Views:	77
Size:	190.4 KB
ID:	112520

Name:	DSC_6222.jpg
Views:	114
Size:	152.6 KB
ID:	112519

Name:	DSC_6133.jpg
Views:	90
Size:	289.0 KB
ID:	112515

Name:	DSC_6161.jpg
Views:	87
Size:	223.6 KB
ID:	112516

Name:	DSC_6414.jpg
Views:	92
Size:	137.9 KB
ID:	112521

Name:	DSC_6175.jpg
Views:	91
Size:	125.8 KB
ID:	112518

Name:	DSC_6171.jpg
Views:	102
Size:	165.9 KB
ID:	112517
Old 10-05-2010, 07:19 PM   #2895
Rivet Master

Buckhorn , Ontario
And the last ones now.. Have to get at some homework.

This is one of the 5 series I submitted that the news paper chose to run with.

Name:	DSC_6296.jpg
Size:	174.5 KB
ID:	112526

Name:	DSC_6307.jpg
Views:	126
Size:	163.1 KB
ID:	112522

I am thinking of possibly a followup story but that means having to get the gentleman's name and contacting him - he was such a very lucky young man and I'm sure his defensive driving saved a lot of lives....it happened right when the school busses were running.

Name:	DSC_6351.jpg
Views:	82
Size:	237.8 KB
ID:	112523

this is a nice fellow I chatted with waiting for every to get across my stop sign - they are resurfacing the road.

Name:	DSC_6509.jpg
Views:	87
Size:	205.4 KB
ID:	112524

This just at the locks on the weekend - still very dull weather so colours are not so brilliant.

Take care all - hope you enjoy...

Name:	DSC_6648.jpg
Views:	107
Size:	213.9 KB
ID:	112525
Old 10-09-2010, 08:16 PM   #2896
Rivet Master

Lapeer , Michigan
Thumbs up

You've got some great shots Sharon. Published already, you go girl!!! When are semister breaks and what and where do you plan on spending them? Home for the holidays, or spring break and girl gone wild, tee hee.

photography
Old 10-09-2010, 09:28 PM   #2897
Rivet Master

1978 Argosy Minuet 6.7 Metre
Lorain County , Ohio
Send a message via AIM to Airbiscuit Send a message via Yahoo to Airbiscuit Send a message via Skype™ to Airbiscuit
Silver sistas.... come join us!! http://www.airforums.com/forums/f288...tml#post904822

its a great end of the season voyage!
Old 10-20-2010, 08:26 AM   #2898
Miss Rivette

1965 17' Caravel
Hell , Michigan
Send a message via AIM to airedale Send a message via MSN to airedale Send a message via Yahoo to airedale
an update

Hello Ladies,
I know it has been a great deal of time since I posted on here, so I thought I would give an update to you all.

First I become the WBCCI unit President of the Metro-Detroit unit the first weekend in October. Now, my plate has gotten very full! But I think it will be good for me, and something that I need to do to prove myself to the members of my unit.

Second is Im still in school full time. I however am starting to see the light at the end of the tunnel. In may I will have completed my Criminal Justice Associates degree. Then after that point I will only have 6 classes left to finish my Associates in Business Administration. I have started looking at schools to transfer to, and think I found the perfect school. It is the Great Lakes Maritime Academy located in Traverse City, MI. It's a four year degree that not only gives you a Bachelor's degree in Business Administration and gives you all of the certification to be a licensed Pilot on a ship and a certified Third Mate. It's a full time school that would require me to move up to Traverse City, but I think I need a change. Now it's just accepted, out of over 400 applicants, they only accept 60 cadets a year! I have a campus visit planned for Mid November to get all my ducks in a row.

Third, although the camping season is done for this year, Dad and I are going to White Fish Point the first weekend in November and it should be a nice weekend vacation!

Hope all is well with everyone.

Laura
Operation "SAVE RUDY" Strike Team (Charter Member)

Check Out My New Airstream Blog
airedale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2010, 08:59 AM   #2899
Pet Sitter Extraordinaire

1989 33' Land Yacht
Chattanooga , Tennessee
Congratulations, Laura, on your new job and getting through school! That is exciting.

Our camping season is just beginning and I am so excited about it. This summer was just too hot to do much camping, so we had to sacrifice and stay out on the boats at the lake. LOL! Went to Raccoon Mtn (Chattanooga, TN) last weekend and going to Georgia Mtn Fairgrounds (Hiawassee, GA) for a rally this weekend. Heard there is an Airstream Rally at Camp Jordan in Chattanooga now, but it must be a WBCCI Rally because I haven't heard anything about it.

Will be home for Halloween with the Moho decorated and ready to hand out treats. Um, where to go the first weekend in November??? I'll have to think on that one.

Colors are just now starting to turn down here and the trees are getting beautiful. I just love this time of year!
kposey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2010, 10:08 AM   #2900
Rivet Master

Lapeer , Michigan
Laura that is so cool! Congratulations on being one of the few selected. I think it is ideal for you. Thanks for sharing your great news with us and hope you keep us posted with pictures too. Have fun with your dad at Whitefish Point. You are going to have so much fun at school and so many new friends. It's super.

photography