Salem , Massachusetts
Quote:
I was dickering with the dealer on a 2003 25 Classic
We all knew it!! New truck new AS!!

Old 10-10-2003, 07:47 AM   #58
Aluminut

2004 25' Safari
. , Illinois
John, John, John...you have the Canavera Classic syndrome...to which there is really only one cure leading to one final outcome!

I thought you'd keep the International for a bit longer, but you have the current record! You only took a day or two since getting the new truck!

Eric

Computers manufactured by companies such as IBM, Compaq and millions of others are by far the most popular with about 70 million machines in use worldwide. Macintosh fans note that cockroaches are far more numerous than humans and that numbers alone do not denote a higher life form. -NY Times 11/91
Silvertwinkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2003, 11:41 AM   #59
4 Rivet Member

2004 25' International CCD
Salem , Massachusetts
rbyrnesanmateo

Quote:
With all of the other quality issues, they simply need to just take a couple of extra seconds to do the job right.
Absolutely!
We had the same feeling with ours: all the pencil marks still there, screws on the floor, wrong holes left open, furniture mounted crooked, latches not screwed properly etc.

Sorry to hear you're still having problems with your AS

Seeems there's a bunch of leprecons in there having fun at your expense

As soon as you have pics please post, we'd love to see! Also work in progress.

He's going to be one handsome AS!Good luck!!
Old 10-10-2003, 07:15 PM   #60
4 Rivet Member

2004 16' International CCD
Arcata , California
I received a call from Airstream responding to the complaints I made on my new trailer survey. They were the general "fit and finish" issues I made earlier in this post. I'm delighted to say they are sending out an owners manual for our 16'CCD. Rhonda, the rep. who called me seemed very concerned about the recent problems at Airstream and said they are taking it seriously.

Jamie
Old 10-10-2003, 08:10 PM   #61
3 Rivet Member

Hi Jamie; honest to G.oad.... I called the factory this morning aand asked if the 16CCD manual was available. They were not sure, as it is being prepared by another department than sales. Said they'd check into it. I hope they can mail me one or throw one into the rig before it leaves Ohio. How does it look? Very thorough?
Old 10-11-2003, 11:13 AM   #62
Aluminut

2004 25' Safari
. , Illinois
FC,

I saw your post on the Airstreamer forum today. I didn't realize that you had already ordered your new coach......

Congrats. When you get your coach, please make sure to add the build date and observations both good and otherwise.

Eric

PS- Not sure on the CCD line, but my coach came with full manuals on everything....
Computers manufactured by companies such as IBM, Compaq and millions of others are by far the most popular with about 70 million machines in use worldwide. Macintosh fans note that cockroaches are far more numerous than humans and that numbers alone do not denote a higher life form. -NY Times 11/91
Old 10-11-2003, 12:29 PM   #63
4 Rivet Member

2004 16' International CCD
Arcata , California
Frozen, They said the manual will go out in the mail on Monday. My guess is yours will be given to you when you pick it up. If you have any specific questions, maybe we should start a new thread just for the 16'CCD and those who are interested. I'd love to give my inputs and impressions. And maybe a thread on why there aren't more of us using the Airstreamer forum...

Jamie
Old 10-11-2003, 02:52 PM   #64
Aluminut

2004 25' Safari
. , Illinois
Jamie,

My thought as to why more of us aren't on the Airstreamer forum is simply that we are creatures of habbit....this forum was here a while before the Airstreamer site came about. Plus, since this forum has at least 3x the users, it's a bit more active too.....

That said, the Airstreamer site is growing and if you look at the member list, there are a heck of a large number of folks (including myself) that are registered under the same user name that they use here!

Regards,

Eric
Old 10-11-2003, 07:22 PM   #65
Cartoon Character

2004 34' Classic
On The Road , U.S.A.
Yep ... I was posting under two different names on this forum and the Airstreamer one ... but got that fixed by Andy here. Thanks Andy!

So now I would like to reintroduce myself to the group.

This will be a great thread to track ...

I just placed my order on Thursday for a 2004 34' Classic. This will be our first RV ... nothing like starting up at the top.

Ever since I was a kid back in the fifties and saw an Airstream heading down a Kansas highway ... I knew I wanted one. So this is a deam come true.

Petunia and I are a bit apprehensive about the QC problems at Airstream .. so let's keep this thread going with accurate and timely info ... and keep the pressure on Airstream to improve the process out on the line.

TrailerGypsies.com
WBCCI #3405 Escapees #80360

I live the life I love and I love the life I live.
-- Willie Dixon
Porky Pig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2003, 07:46 PM   #66
1 Rivet Member

2004 34 Ft.

Porky:

Sounds good. You have on order about the exact rig I have. I have a 34 LImited with slide. I am towing with a 2004 Ford F-350 4 x4 , 4 door PowerStroke. I am using the Blue Ox hitch. I really lilke the Blue Ox. The trailer feels great and it is so easy to hook and unhook from.

One thing I did on my Ford you might want to think about is I ordered the Camper Package. This gives you a large rear sway bar and Heavier front springs. I can tell NO difference in ride solo. Towing, the truck feels very good with no Yaw. I will order all of mine in the future with this option. I did not sate above but my truck is not a dual rear wheel model. I like them towing but I do not like them otherwise.

Good luck on the new vehicles. I bet you will enjoy them!!
Old 10-11-2003, 07:53 PM   #67
Aluminut

2004 25' Safari
. , Illinois
Hey Pork.....

Just noticed that you also have an '04 Ford on order too....you sure are getting into it with both feet!

I totally agree and promise I will post the good things, work with Airstream to fix any not so good things and give a full accounting here with as much detail as I possible can to help the folks out there see first hand where Airstream is in the QC ramp up process, and hopefully, with Airstream's efforts, help remove some of the tarnish that's been added to the Airstream image over the last year of so (I know of the tarnish first hand being an '03 customer..to Airstream's credit though, they (Jim) were very helpful getting me set up for service on the '03, but I changed gears last minute and ordered a larger '04 instead).

From the Airstreamer forum, Streamer (who I do believe is an Airstream employee) said in September, clearly, that they heard us loud and clear and were ramping up tighter QC on the coaches. They should now have a good start to that process I would suspect. Now is their time to shine as I am hopeful they will come through and that they were not merely just words......

Eric
Old 10-11-2003, 08:16 PM   #68
Cartoon Character

2004 34' Classic
On The Road , U.S.A.
Re: 2004 34 Ft.

Quote:
Originally posted by Bill Price;

One thing I did on my Ford you might want to think about is I ordered the Camper Package. This gives you a large rear sway bar and Heavier front springs.
Thanks for the info Bill ...

The Camper Package is certainly on my list ... at a retail of $160 it is a pretty good deal.

I wonder if the Ford sway bar is as beefy as the Hellwig .. which is 1 and an 8th inch in diameter.

Hey .. go crawl under your truck and measure it for me.

Also ... how much of a drop are you using on your trailer ball mount?

Sorry for the off-topic post.

TrailerGypsies.com
WBCCI #3405 Escapees #80360

I live the life I love and I love the life I live.
-- Willie Dixon
Porky Pig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2003, 08:51 PM   #69

2004 30' Classic Slideout
Fenton , Missouri
Send a message via AIM to jcanavera Send a message via Skype™ to jcanavera
Well step two of the Safari to Classic transition occurred today. We cleaned out the Safari and delivered it to Bill Thomas Camper Sales this afternoon. As I was pulling my dual cam sway hitch off the Safari a salesman introduced a couple from New Mexico who were waiting in the show room for me to arrive with the Safari. I answered several questions and 90 minutes later they were signing the contract for its purchase. The creampuff is gone.

Now we wait for step three which will the delivery of the Classic. I'll be getting my word next week where we are in the build queue. As for now we are in the gestation period.

Jack
AIR #56
'04 Classic 30' S.O.,'03 GMC Savana 2500,'14 Honda CTX 700
jcanavera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2003, 08:55 PM   #70
Aluminut

2004 25' Safari
. , Illinois
Smile

It was a honey of a coach....I'm not shocked in the slightest that it went quickly.

BTW, to answer the question of the gas line, I took a look at the '03 Bambi and it looks to me where the gas line comes in contact with chassis parts, it is placed inside what appears to be some water supply line hose and that takes the brunt of any friction. FYI.....

Eric