To sum up our purchase and delivery of the trailer has been great! It is nice to see a company and a dealership deliver a quality product with pride.
We weren't as lucky. Ours came with a few problems, see list below. Our dealer tried repairing a few but has yet to solve them all!
We have no complaints for the exterior, everything looks and feels perfect. The problems are inside, most are just plain bad workmanship by AS.
We had to repair most of them ourselves, even some the dealer had tried to do but did not succed with.
1. “Magazine Racks” – missing.
Have been added by dealer.
2. “Status Monitor” – Black reads full after a couple of flushes.
Dealer substituted sensor but still gives the same problem.
3. “Fantastic Fan” (over bed) – After its been on for a while it keeps on closing and opening nonstop, regardless of rain.
Dealer changed a few parts but it still does not work. It now closes when it starts raining and shuts off for good. You have to restart it manually!
4. “Hot Water Heater Assembly” - It is loose and therefore does not always work.
Dealer reinstalled this succesfully.
5. “Cabinet Latches” (under: bed & sofa) –
They open during travel.
Dealer substituted with stronger ones, like the black ones installed on all the other cabinet doors, OK now.
6. “Seam” (on right of bth’s door frame) –
There’s an open gap.
Dealer filled succesfully and neatly.
7. “Caulking” (bathroom windows) – Top one: water leaks in with heavy rainfall & bottom one: visibly a terrible job.
Dealer said he could not re do these.??? So he sealed them from outside, not a pretty job, but at least now the top one does not leak anymore.
We'll have to take care of that.
8. “Light Fixture” - Sometimes it turns on and sometimes it does not.
Dealer rewired succesfully. Though the one next to it is doing the same thing now.
9. “Hole” (in bottom left corner of the Shower stall) – Lots of water leaks into the WC area every time you run the shower.
Dealer put silicone but it's still leaking, not as much as before but enough to create a puddle.
We'll have to re do that aswell.
10. “Window latch” (right one on wrap around window) – It does not close.
Dealer replaced succesfully.
11. “Dinette” – needs to be re mounted completely!!
Bench next to the sofa: it’s NOT square with the wall making it very uncomfortable.
Bench next to refrigerator: it’s not leveled, the side next to the window is 1.5” higher than the other side! This because a 1.5” wood piece has been mounted under it!
Table: mounted too high for its leg. Objects slide down to the floor.
The dealer tried repairing this but it was a total mess. AS used power tools to mount this dinette and obviously didn't know how to use them. They squared one bench but only 16" while the other one is 21.5". ???
We had to redo it ourselves. Now they're both 21.5" from the table! We also added an extendable foot to the table.
Dealer ordered new bench next to fridge. Still waiting for part. We'll mount it!
12. Nails (bottom panel next to bth sink) - loads of nails sticking out and panel come off.
The nails are all bent and don't hold the panel in palce, besides making it look like a swiss cheese (full of holes).
Dealer trying to order replacement panel.
We took care of the dangerous nails immediately.
Defintly shows AS rushed it off the line - manufactured in August 2003. Guess they wanted it done quickly so it could sell before season was over. Some of the problems are so blunt obvious you can't believe someone did not notice them.