Well I hadn't thought of revisiting this thread to post, but after replacing my battery cooking converter/charger with a 3 way converter/charger, I just have to say I am just even more unimpressed with the build of my unit. Let me give you some recent findings:
The tank sensors fail randomly. I pulled the converter this past weekend to replace it and found very loose cables for the system. Moving them slightly got one of the sensors working, then stopped another from working. Got home, after being in transit, something bounced around and now they all work again...for how long, is anyone's guess. The romex(sp?) wiring that provides A/C current was being stabbed by a corner of the plywood floor it was going through. It had no protection around it at all and eventually the friction would have rubbed wire insulation off and who knows what might have happened from there.
Behind the converter was small paper garbage, unreal amounts of sawdust (yes, right under and behind the main electrical service). Many of the wood screws were torqued too much and were stripped, holding the power center in only somewhat securely. I also found a few other screws around the bathroom door, same thing while trying to solve the creaking issues I talk about next.
Two creeks, significant ones by the back bathroom door and rear sink and, by the microwave. I don't believe the company puts any type of gaskets between the wood and flooring or the countertops and the wood (or fake wood) walls like mine, so squeaks and creeks seem to be more and more common (though I do know this is a moving house, all of my cars made in 2004 don't do this-- which seems to support the comments on another thread that the RV industry as a whole is 10 years or more behind the auto industry).
The tanks under the floor creek and groan horribly now when full or empty when you walk over them on the inside of the trailer.
Belly pan is starting to sag.
I found that two windows had zero gaskets at all. Spent a few bucks and countless hours trying to find a good gasket material to allow the windows to seal. Several windows that had seals didn't close properly not allowing the gaskets to make contact. Some windows appeared somewhat bent. Then again, most of us know the overall quality and usefulness of the HEHR windows installed.....
My unit continues to corrode on the exterior as it did when it was when I first noticed it when it was 1 year old (see corrosion thread): http://www.airforums.com/forums/f142...ams-31743.html
I think however, outside of a few odds and ends, I've addressed all that I can see right now. It's what I haven't seen is what concerns me. I mean I pulled two panels out that normally, an owner might not do and as I posted here, in one I found a wrapped up McDonald's breakfast sandwich wrapper balled up and placed into the umbilical hole and then this junk this weekend when I pulled my converter to replace it. Fun never ends I guess.