Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Knowledgebase > Airstream Trailer Forums > Flying Cloud > 2016 - Current Flying Cloud
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 01-23-2021, 04:57 AM   #1
2 Rivet Member

2019 28' Flying Cloud
Saranac Lake , New York
Ridges in floor

Hello All,
We have a 2019 FC28RBT which we have used a lot. The trailer has been towed all over USA and has around 25K miles on trailer. I have stated to notice ridges in the floor where the tongue & groove plywood meets.
Had anyone had the same issue? We’ll have 30K miles on the trailer at the end of the trip and was going to stop by Colonial Airstream on the way home.
I’m guessing this would be considered normal wear&tear.
Thanks, Condo
Condo1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2021, 05:10 AM   #2
Trailer Sold, Waving

2019 26' Flying Cloud
Stettler , Alberta
No ridges, but do have separation of the vinyl floor and whatever is underneath in several places in my 2019 FC26. Headed for the Mothership next month.
WBCCI #6679
Acheron2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2021, 12:23 PM   #3
Rivet Master

2018 30' Flying Cloud
Springfield , Ohio
It's a common problem - some are worse than others. By all means have it fixed if it's still under warranty but it's an expensive fix if you're footing the bill. The repair generally requires the complete interior of the trailer to be removed, the flooring fixed and the interior reassembled. That's because the plywood floor is laid down before the shell goes onto the chassis and the floor covering is put down before the interior walls and cabinets are installed. A craftsman can pull up the exposed floor covering and repair the plywood floor problem without removing the interior for much less cost. If it's not too bad, I'd live with it. Otherwise, I'd do the second option and leave the interior intact.
Old 01-23-2021, 01:26 PM   #4
2 Rivet Member

Currently Looking...
Scottsdale , Arizona
I thought the vinly floor was 1 piece, does separation mean it slits or seperated from th wood? 2 yr old trailer should not do that IMO.
Drtrash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2021, 03:44 PM   #5
2 Rivet Member

2019 28' Flying Cloud
Saranac Lake , New York
Ridges in floor

Hello All,
Thanks for the advice. My inclination is to leave the floor alone. The trailer is still under warranty but it seems the cure is worse than the problem.
We have been lucky so far. The trailer had had minimal issues even with heavy use for a 2019. The only significant issue was the water heater which I fixed myself thanks to You Tube; changed the circuit board and the relay at the heater element.
CONDO1
Condo1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2021, 08:37 AM   #6
2 Rivet Member

Currently Looking...
Scottsdale , Arizona
Since i am looking at a lightly used AS, have to ask if AS would fix floor under warranty? My fear would be that if warranty is tranfered, would they still fix. Heard alot of confusion on what they will fix for original owner and what the will fix for transfered warranty owner may not be the same. Heard floors a a common issue, not sure if common is correct term with number of issues per number of trailers built
Drtrash is offline   Reply With Quote