Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Knowledgebase > Airstream Trailer Forums > Classic > 2016 - Current Classic (all lengths)
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 06-06-2021, 02:46 PM   #1
2 Rivet Member

2020 33' Classic
Heart Of , Texas
CZONE panel Frozen

Bought our 33 Classic used a few weeks ago. Camped at the dealer in Tampa, Florida and a second night In Biloxi, MS. Czone worked fine until we parked in our storage lot in NE Austin, TX.

Panel lights up but will not take touch commands.

Read a few threads here about turning off main (RED) power switch under our dinette for 10 min. Attempted twice no luck.

Checked under the couch and all connections seem correct

2020 Classic 33 FTB
2019 Ford F250
Blue Ox Hitch
KBAR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2021, 10:34 AM   #2
4 Rivet Member

2021 33FB Classic
City , West Virginia
I'm in the middle of dealing with Cory up in Jackson with my own CZone issues. One of the things you could try that he had me do was - pull the panel off the wall and unplug the three wires (power, ethernet and wires going to COI and Contact 6). Wait 60 seconds and then plus them back in. That will do a reset.

No idea if this will help you but that was the first thing he had my try with my 2021 Classic 33 CZone issues. You mentioned you got yours used so I dont know the year or if our panels are even the same.
AnnaBelle33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2021, 02:59 PM   #3
2 Rivet Member

2020 33' Classic
Heart Of , Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnnaBelle33 View Post
pull the panel off the wall and unplug the three wires (power, ethernet and wires going to COI and Contact 6). Wait 60 seconds and then plus them back in. That will do a reset..

Did that exact method this morning. Talked to the RV dealer where we bought the AS in Tampa, Fl. They suggested to disconnect the negative posts at the batteries ( did not effect the frozen panel was still on) Turned off the power switch under the dinette (panel still on) Got to thinking about the PDI and how they revealed the panel in the bath to service the glycol. Just behind the glycol reservoir is the Zone panel. Did not see and fasteners that would hold the Czone panel. So I took the chance and pulled the Czone panel and in came out (it is held in place with a good deal of force). With all the other disconnects I removed the three connections, (Czone white command wire, cat6, and green power block) Waited a few minutes then reversed connecting everything.

Power panel came on rebooted (a minute or so) and the panel was fully functional. I really don't want to replace this panel. I've seen cost ranging between $1,100 - 1,300.

2020 Classic 33 FTB
2019 Ford F250
Blue Ox Hitch
Old 06-09-2021, 02:51 PM   #4
Rivet Master

2015 28' Flying Cloud
2018 33' Classic
Cumming , Georgia
Quote:
Originally Posted by KBAR View Post
Did that exact method this morning. Talked to the RV dealer where we bought the AS in Tampa, Fl. They suggested to disconnect the negative posts at the batteries ( did not effect the frozen panel was still on) Turned off the power switch under the dinette (panel still on) Got to thinking about the PDI and how they revealed the panel in the bath to service the glycol. Just behind the glycol reservoir is the Zone panel. Did not see and fasteners that would hold the Czone panel. So I took the chance and pulled the Czone panel and in came out (it is held in place with a good deal of force). With all the other disconnects I removed the three connections, (Czone white command wire, cat6, and green power block) Waited a few minutes then reversed connecting everything.

Power panel came on rebooted (a minute or so) and the panel was fully functional. I really don't want to replace this panel. I've seen cost ranging between $1,100 - 1,300.

Should be warranted.
DeltaRon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2021, 12:33 PM   #5
2 Rivet Member

2021 33FB Classic
FRISCO , TX
My Czone panel froze this AM as well. It was stuck on the white Airstream logo screen. Tried everything to disconnect power so that it might reset to no avail. Then saw the post above. Reached into the cabinet between the panel and the shower (by the Glycol reservoir) and unplugged the three wires. Waited about a minute and then plugged them back in. After about 30 seconds, the white screen went away, and hour glass popped up for a short time and then everything was back to normal.
Old 06-10-2021, 03:24 PM   #6
4 Rivet Member

2021 33FB Classic
City , West Virginia
Awesome.

I’m still fighting my CZone ghost. I’ve tried everything - checked and rechecked every connection. Probably a bad COI or Contact 6 box. Gotta love technology.
AnnaBelle33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2021, 10:54 PM   #7
2 Rivet Member

2020 33' Classic
Heart Of , Texas
Happy that someone else benefitted from the Czone mystery.

AnnaBelle33 I hope you make it to the goal line with your ghost.

2020 Classic 33 FTB
2019 Ford F250
Blue Ox Hitch